It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New War in Britain is starting...EDL peaceful protest attacked by UAF and Muslims not covered i

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Why is it that in nearly every single thread about UK or European issues one or more Americans who are taking part in it always seem to resort to this nonsensical sort of statement.
The UK isn't the US - what's right for you isn't necessarily right for the UK - there are plenty of threads here on ATS about The Second Amendment, it has absolutely zero relevance whatsoever to this thread.

You say EDL 'want to keep England the way it is' - which is true to a point - but that includes our gun control laws, something the vast majority of British people, including EDL, support.

I know, sad isn't it?

His stance for the IRA is clearly warped as well and if I was face to face with him, instead of on the internet, I would have a very hard time not knocking him on his arse. But then, I doubt he'd actually have the balls to say any of that to our faces anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastion
4) Roughly 40 EDL members have tried to blow up mosques, set fire to them and promise many more attacks - is this really better than the nutters who beheaded Rigby. Around 20 times more English-Irish far right people are

non biased link please

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

10000 victims are not a miniscule number now is it.

I imagine you have a source for that?

My solution would to warn all young white girls of the menace of these gangs. Not put adverts on t.v of white boys raping white girls upstairs at a party. Im sure white girls may get raped at a party however i doubt they will get passed around to hundreds of men.

You're exaggerating the menace for political effect. To be clear: the crimes are disgusting, but they are not the work of the entire community or in any sense the fault of islam. And people like you are using them to tar muslims as a whole, which is a shameful thing to do.

And as for the your name? Work it out.

I really can't be bothered to expend even a second of my time doing that.

i suppose the uk should tolerate this as well? Listen to the EDL before its too late

Listen to them? They have no cogent or useful message. And as for tolerating things, nobody is saying that we should accept crime, whoever is doing it. But some people are actually interested in solving the problem, rather than using it as a bargaining counter in their campaigns of prejudice.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Misleading thread title

The term 'Muslim' is long overdo. In Syria, Lebanon and Iraq such term no longer exists

There is a huge difference between Sunnites and Shi'ites.

Before there is war between EDL and Muslims, there will be war between Sunnis and Shia in UK

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

so, do not judge Islam on the actions and views of a sizeable minority (and possible majority), but dismiss the EDL for the actions of a few

There ya have it, the reason things will get worse before they get better- make no mistake, an increasing Islamic population (higher birth rates, separation encouraged by multi culturalism and the option of an increasingly debased secular society) will lead to more conflict

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

10000 victims are not a miniscule number now is it.

I imagine you have a source for that?

My solution would to warn all young white girls of the menace of these gangs. Not put adverts on t.v of white boys raping white girls upstairs at a party. Im sure white girls may get raped at a party however i doubt they will get passed around to hundreds of men.

You're exaggerating the menace for political effect. To be clear: the crimes are disgusting, but they are not the work of the entire community or in any sense the fault of islam. And people like you are using them to tar muslims as a whole, which is a shameful thing to do.

And as for the your name? Work it out.

I really can't be bothered to expend even a second of my time doing that.

i suppose the uk should tolerate this as well? Listen to the EDL before its too late

Listen to them? They have no cogent or useful message. And as for tolerating things, nobody is saying that we should accept crime, whoever is doing it. But some people are actually interested in solving the problem, rather than using it as a bargaining counter in their campaigns of prejudice.
i take it you did not watch the links i provided earlier in the thread? Typical,i can now see why you have biased point of views. Did you read any of the news links? The truth is in my area muslim men see all white girls as whores whether they are 10 or 99. If you dont believe me put a mini skirt on and walk down the street in any muslim area and see for yourself.
Come on stop trying to gloss over a huge problem.you know it ,i know it, its a shame young white girls dont know it!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Hohum. More EDL BS.

The UAF are (rightly) confrontational. The EDL has been repeatedly outed as a fascist group, with BNP, Nazi, Combat 18 and other far-right members, this is out there for all to see. You just need to do a little searching on YouTube and Google, and you can see the wealth of evidence for yourself.

Given the choice, I would rather support all those who fight against the EDL and the Nazis trying to capitalize on the murder of a young man. They're disgusting wastes of skin.
Are the behaviors of the UAF and anti-fascists always polite and nice? No. But then the actions of the EDL trashing pubs, rioting with cops, getting drunk in the street and throwing Nazi salutes at our war memorials isn't exactly polite either.

And lets not forget the EDL member imprisoned just this week for making death threats on FaceBook.

Oh, and for the record, shouting "God is great" is no different to you saying "Amen". But this is the general ignorance of the EDL masses who think all "rag heads" are Muslim, and all Muslims are non-British. I watch the rubbish being put out there by the EDL and it both shocks me and makes me laugh my butt off too.

If anyone wants a good laugh, they should follow some of the EDL tweets and FB groups, they're a goldmine for comedy. I read a lot of them and wonder how they manage to function, and how they can possibly claim to "defend England" when they can barely use their own language with a level above that of an eight year old

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

The UAF are (rightly) confrontational. The EDL has been repeatedly outed as a fascist group, with BNP, Nazi, Combat 18 and other far-right members, this is out there for all to see. You just need to do a little searching on YouTube and Google, and you can see the wealth of evidence for yourself.

never take lectures from a UAF apologist, fascist in their methodology- SURE ONE OF THE MURDERERS OF LEE SPOKE AT A UAF RALLY

Far left scumbag extremists- violence follows them wherever they go and they pal up with Islamists

For sure the EDL ain't perfect, but I'll stand with them in front of UAF everytime

Slowly slowly...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Like I said all as bad as each other..but some here are painting every Muslim with the same brush, I live in a place with a very high Muslim community and have never had a problem with any, I have Muslim friends, co workers, neighbours and have talked about extremism with many of them, they hate it as much as we do.
There are bad people from every race,creed, religion we all must stand together to stop them not have more divisions.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

As seems to be the norm you post some relevant and valid points whilst intermixing the usual double standards and ignoring counter points.

The UAF are (rightly) confrontational.

Why is it 'right' for UAF to be confrontational and not EDL?

In their many illegal counter-march's to EDL UAF seek to antagonise and provoke responses from EDL, when EDL repsond in their predictable manner it is those images that are broadcast to the world.
On several occassion UAF have physically attacked both the police and EDL and instigated violence.

The EDL has been repeatedly outed as a fascist group, with BNP, Nazi, Combat 18 and other far-right members, this is out there for all to see. You just need to do a little searching on YouTube and Google, and you can see the wealth of evidence for yourself.

Exactly the same can be said about UAF supporters and associated groups and individuals.
I can direct you to several internet forums where there is nothing but non-stop hatred directed at not just EDL but all non-Muslims and quite open, unreserved support for terrorist acts and most recently the murder of Lee Rigby.

Many people associated with UAF are known activists - Muslim extremists, SWP, Class War etc, many of whom openly admit their willingness to use extreme measures to provoke confrontation and violence in an effort to stimulate widescale civil unrest and promote their own agenda's.

......and the Nazis trying to capitalize on the murder of a young man.

Yet that's the point - the majority of recent demonstrations and rally's have been an attempt to show respect to a man so brutally and callously murdered, and that's exactly what the vast majority have done.
Yet you concentrate on the minority - yes, they deserve condemning but not to the exclusion of the majority who don't.

..... and throwing Nazi salutes at our war memorials isn't exactly polite either.

And neither is burning poppies, waving placards about stating 'Kill All Infidels' or daubing 'Islam' on those self same memorials.
Yet you concentrate on one and express your disgust about it whilst completely ignoring the other or at best being dismissive of it.

And lets not forget the EDL member imprisoned just this week for making death threats on FaceBook.

And let's not forget those imprisoned for plotting to bomb an EDL rally.

I admit there's some loathsome things posted on social media sites - from all sides.
Racism is abhorent and intolerable and every effort should be made to eradicate it, whatever form it takes.
But as bad as threatening to kill someone on Facebook is it really pales into insignificance when compared to planning to kill, attempting to kill and in some cases actually killing someone.

If anyone wants a good laugh, they should follow some of the EDL tweets and FB groups, they're a goldmine for comedy. I read a lot of them and wonder how they manage to function, and how they can possibly claim to "defend England" when they can barely use their own language with a level above that of an eight year old

It's not unique to EDL, it's almost every Facebook group or tweet - I genuinely believe it's a sign of a greater malaise that is growing within our society - I could be wrong, I certainly hope so.
edit on 13/6/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe
reply to post by mr-lizard

My grandfather actually did fight the nazi's. He is horrified that gangs of jihadi's (facsists who want to exterminate jews and non-muslims) are running around on a violent aggressive rampage through the streets of the UK shouting allahu akbar.
This is not what he fought for. (his words)

Lets not put words into your grandfathers mouth for the sake of argument, for all we know your grandfather was a cook in Liverpool, but assuming he did say that then your grandfather has successfully overlooked the anti-jewish movement in Europe which led to the holocaust. He overlooked the fact that everything was blamed on the Jews even though at least 90% of it was propaganda, in relation to today the Mi6, Mossad and the CIA have their noses deep into Jihadi business from coordination to funding. Your grandfather is either a loyal EDL member or simply deluded.

Now although far-left wing propaganda would have us believe the EDL are nazi's,
I challenge you to point out the place in the video (OP) where the EDL made nazi salutes.
I dont want to see OLD photos or videos that are rolled our by the far-left,
I want to see it in this video.

Like your grandfather, you too are either an EDL loyalist or just deluded.

Thats like me saying providing a video titled "Islam religion of love and peace" and asking you to provide me with someone in that video yelling Allah Akbar or lets exterminate the Jews and Non-believers.

The OP video is clearly edited out, and it is pro-EDL whether you like it or not

In the video I see a peacefully protest attacked by jihadi's and their far-left subservient thugs.
Take out football and you just described the uaf that I have been witnessing over the past few weeks.

It looks to me like you are mad, hit the pub and go sing songs with your boys.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

do you genuinely think the EDL's tactics are a peaceful upsurge of popular dissent, expressed with restraint?

Yes. There are multiple groups under one EDL brand that include women, gays and children. I would like to see the Muslim Front for Homosexuality as a group. They would be strung up by light posts before noon. Jsut as you want others to not group all of Islam you should do the same with the EDL. Look at the message not always the messenger

Hmm. These guys haven't been strung up, have they?

www.imaan.org.uk...

And the MPV in the US supports LGBT rights. They aren't dead either.

mpvusa.org...

Once again, as with the media coverage, you are literally just making things up. A quick google would have shown you dozens of front pages critical of Islam and muslims, and likewise a similarly brief search would have shown you that these groups exist.

Why are you so keen to remain ignorant? Why are you so set on keeping your erroneous view of Islam intact that you insist of disregarding basic reality?

And don't try to draw an equivalence between my characterisation of the EDL with yours of muslims. You are trying to imply that a group of over a billion people are extremists or responsible for extremism. I am saying that a tiny number of British people are members of a group that partakes in obviously confrontational and prejudicial activities. My brush isn't that broad. Yours is hopelessly general.

- do you still claim that the story of the failed islamist bombers who were jailed was not covered by news sources?

When i say not covered, I mean there is no malice against what caused it. You know damn well what I mean. During the whole thing it is be nice to Muslims, no reprisals not Islam stating they are sorry.

Not covered does not mean the same as "no malice against what caused it". You were making that up, and now you're trying to pretend that you said something else.

I do indeed "know damn well" what you meant, and that was that there is no coverage of Islam in a bad light in the UK - which I've effortlessly shown you is wrong - and that there was no coverage of the failed terror plot, which I've also shown to be a fantasy.

And in any case there is significant umbrage against what caused it, everywhere. You are either living in a hole somewhere or having another attack of your selective vision.

- can you describe one single way in which I, as a Londoner apparently surrounded by militant Islam, have had to conform to Islamic social codes, or even had to be affected by them in any way?

Again, the imams condemn but do nothing to stop it..why not? How about some Anti Muslim patrols???

these guys...be careful after you have that beer with your curry.

A few nutters and self publicists egged on by a propagandist. People like that have never affected me or indeed hardly anyone in London, so you'll need to try again. You have painted a city under threat from Islam from all sides, so it's reasonable to expect that I must have been affected at least a bit by this tidal wave of extremism.

Had a great time in Whitechapel last night by the way. Hardly saw any jihad at all.

- you say (incorrectly) that nothing has been done in the wake of Rigby's murder. What would you have done?

I would not have said to confront Extremism like Cameron did, I would enforce it. They know the names like they knew these guys.

What does that even mean?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Funny I was in Whitechapel a few weeks ago and thought for a moment I was in Basra.. that place is not a good example of integration its the entire opposite.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Whitechapel
do you know the Good samaritan pub behind the Hospital? I used to run that

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

so, do not judge Islam on the actions and views of a sizeable minority (and possible majority), but dismiss the EDL for the actions of a few

Possible majority? Nonsense.

I don't pretend there are no issues with Islam, and with radicalisation. What I won't do is generalise about such a vast and varied group. You might as well say that all Indians work in restaurants because a sizeable majority do.

And the reason I "dismiss the EDL" is because they have nothing of value to add to the issue beyond swaggering drunkenly about and inciting violence. Their actions are utterly destructive, and their views - like, I suspect, yours - are factually incorrect.

There ya have it, the reason things will get worse before they get better- make no mistake, an increasing Islamic population (higher birth rates, separation encouraged by multi culturalism and the option of an increasingly debased secular society) will lead to more conflict

Whereas marching pissed up through Whitechapel making nazi salutes and chanting inflammatory stuff about Islam will just lead to a whole lot of peace and love.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't actually. I'll check it out though

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Make sure you do
full of Nurses
One time myself and a fellow worker were really busy and I said "Just stop and look around" we did and we both noticed that we were the only fellas in the place
loved it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
[ The truth is in my area muslim men see all white girls as whores whether they are 10 or 99. If you dont believe me put a mini skirt on and walk down the street in any muslim area and see for yourself.
Come on stop trying to gloss over a huge problem.you know it ,i know it, its a shame young white girls dont know it!

I live in manchester in a very racially mixed area, you have rusholme a large asian area right next to fallowfield a large student area.
there are lots and lots of young girls walking round in all kinds of clothing styles, and the muslims men are not all
standing around drooling and calling them whores.
It's a shame that where you live is so nasty, but maybe thats more of a local issue rather than a racial one.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilsonWilson
[ The truth is in my area muslim men see all white girls as whores whether they are 10 or 99. If you dont believe me put a mini skirt on and walk down the street in any muslim area and see for yourself.

I live in manchester in a very racially mixed area, you have rusholme a large asian area right next to fallowfield a large student area.
there are lots and lots of young girls walking round in all kinds of clothing styles, and the muslims men are not all
standing around drooling and calling them whores.
It's a shame that where you live is so nasty, but maybe thats more of a local issue rather than a racial one.

www.youtube.com..., this is not my area so its not a local issue is it? Someone warn them girls in your area.
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: silly post

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12

Funny I was in Whitechapel a few weeks ago and thought for a moment I was in Basra.. that place is not a good example of integration its the entire opposite.

You've missed my point. The posters above are implying that muslims are largely extremists. This is untrue, and I used the example of Whitechapel - where I happily got drunk and ate without getting beheaded - to refute this.

In any case I don't think Whitechapel is a bad example of integration. It's near the centre of a major western city and is largely peaceful and normal. There certainly aren't no-go areas or sharia law, and I imagine you just felt a bit put out by seeing a lot of brown faces. Which kind of suggests you weren't going to be a happy mixer anyway.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join