It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New War in Britain is starting...EDL peaceful protest attacked by UAF and Muslims not covered i

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by woogleuk

Dear woogleuk,

I wrote a tiny speech for another thread, what do you think?

Surely it would not be difficult for every Muslim leader to say:

"The killing must stop! The hatred must stop! We are in Britain. We can follow our religion, but we have to follow their laws. You haters are painting Allah as a monster, you must stop. We will not tolerate violence from our community, we will help the authorities stop you. It is the will of Allah.

"And to you non-Muslims, we are sorry for the pain we have caused. We must stop hating each other. We will stop. We beg you to stop. If you agree, meet with us. We will gather here in six weeks. We will pray together, bring your religious leaders. We will share games and stories. We will greet you as friends and brothers, Children of God. We will learn from you, you will learn from us. We are all Britons. God Save The Queen!"

I'd pay money to hear that speech.

With respect,
Charles1952

I think that would be wonderful, instead this is the reality ...

A GANG of Islamic extremists who plotted to bomb an English Defence League rally have been jailed for a total of almost 115 years.

Sobs could be heard from other observers, and shouts of “Allahu Akbar” — "God is the greatest" in Arabic.

www.thesun.co.uk...

The Muslim observers were in tears over these people going to jail for plotting mass murder.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

A GANG of Islamic extremists who plotted to bomb an English Defence League rally have been jailed for a total of almost 115 years.

Sobs could be heard from other observers, and shouts of “Allahu Akbar” — "God is the greatest" in Arabic.

www.thesun.co.uk...

The Muslim observers were in tears over these people going to jail for plotting mass murder.

Unless you were at the Old Bailey when sentence was passed down, it may be best to refrain from sweeping statements. I have no doubt that family members and even friends of these people were understandably upset over their loved ones (very deservedly) going to prison for a very long time. This probably wasn't quite the mass outpouring of grief and outrage that certain scurrilous elements of the press would like it to be in the interests of selling newspapers. Just an FYI, The Sun isn't widely regarded as one of journalism's great citadels.

Meanwhile our hero Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, today going under his favourite pseudonym Tommy Robinson, was interviewed by the BBC's Sarah Montague for Radio 4's Today programme. He was in his best plausible moderate disguise today, but even so still couldn't help himself from making some quite bizarre statements. One of the highlights was his wish to see Halal meat banned from the UK.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon interviewed by BBC Radio 4's Today programme

Mr. Yaxley-Lennon/ Mc Master /Harris/ Robinson or whatever he is calling himself today is a good example of how extremists on either side of any argument operate. They understand the need for plausibility; these are not stupid people. Let's stress that point again; extremists on either side.

These mouthpieces, such as Yaxley-Lennon, are adept at couching their message carefully in language. They know how to remain just within the law whilst still pushing their hateful perverted agendas. Most people who aren't hard of thinking see right through this, but this doesn't worry the extremists. They are targeting people who want to believe what they say, whether through ignorance or wilful suspension of their own disbelief.

These plausible rogues exist in all extremist organisations to give them their acceptable public face. It's our responsibility not to fall for their deceit as they push their twisted agendas. There is no place for extremism no matter where it has its roots. We have no room for rabid nationalists, religious zealots, pissed off members of the Tufty Club and *insert name of favourite deity here* alone knows how many other groups of disaffected people with an agenda.

There is no war here. But there are, sadly, small but disproportionately vocal groups of people on either side of the man made divide that want one. As compassionate, intelligent, responsible individuals we have a duty not to give them their war.
edit on 11-6-2013 by roguedesigner because: typo, dammit

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have to admit, I've not read every post in this thread - but I'd like to make a quick point about the OP's interpretation of the EDL silently and respectfully protesting in total peace whilst Muslims and Anti-Fascists 'threaten' them.

Whilst it might be true that this EDL protest was like this, the vast majority of them are not. Having witnessed it in two city's with my own eyes, I can tell you most EDL protests involve a hundred of so 'patriots' meeting up in a pub and getting drunk in the morning whilst the Police guard the pub. Then, once they've enough dutch courage, they go out the pub, hide behind police lines and shout about 'Pakis'. That's literally the best this group of chancers can come up with.

As for this 'peaceful' protest, it's no coincidence at all that it took place in a city with a fair few Muslims - they choose these locations to be provocative - and it is almost certain they will have been online basically daring people to oppose them violently.

The EDL are *not* a peaceful group, they're a rag tag mob of football hooligans and ex Combat 18 types who have latched onto a charismatic leader.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
In fact, if you would like to see evidence of the EDL's links to the more unsavoury aspects of the right wing, why not visit Redwatch

It's a charming site where right wing types can hunt down left wingers who oppose them. Check out 'latest news'.

For the record, I actually agree with the EDL's stated aim of eliminating radical Islam's influence on England, I just oppose the way they are seemingly unable to seperate 'Muslim' from 'Extremist', or develop some kind of legitimate political strategy to achieve their stated aims peacefully.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I guess you will be saying the thing when the IRA starts kicking Islam out of Ireland. I won't, I'll send them another check.

No, I'm sorry but you fail sir. You cannot condemn one group of terrorists and then openly support another. You are, however, quite welcome to visit the city in which I live and openly express your views in the Arndale Centre.
edit on 11-6-2013 by roguedesigner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ye gads, I am literally about to go to the Ardnale Centre.

Anyhow, thanks for that IRA - really cleaned our city up. Saved us paying for the crap bit to be demolished.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner

Originally posted by esdad71
I guess you will be saying the thing when the IRA starts kicking Islam out of Ireland. I won't, I'll send them another check.

No, I'm sorry but you fail sir. You cannot condemn one group of terrorists and then openly support another. You are, however, quite welcome to visit the city in which I live and openly express your views in the Arndale Centre.
edit on 11-6-2013 by roguedesigner because: (no reason given)

It's classic American logic, isn't it? It's fine to support a terrorist organisation that bombed your allies because they opposed Irish "freedom" by occupying their land.

I'm sure esdad would be delighted if we Brits started sending "checks" to Al Queda or the Taliban because America opposes Islamic freedom by essentially occupying their lands.

Pathethic.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Ye gads, I am literally about to go to the Ardnale Centre.

Anyhow, thanks for that IRA - really cleaned our city up. Saved us paying for the crap bit to be demolished.

Are you saying the IRA attacks on Manchester were a good thing because it helped get rid of a few old run down buildings???

I'm hoping I just misinterpreted you.....if not, wow, not a cool statement at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Same crap different day. Fascists and fascist anti-fascists. Two sides of the same coin. Neither side deserve even a fraction of the attention they get from the media, who are the real culprits attempting to drive a wedge between the different peoples of this land using hyped up non-stories.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
@ woogleuk

In this thread people have pointed to murder, attempted murder, child rape and gangs of muslims going around trying to force sharia law and the best retort you have came up with about the EDL is anti-social behaviour as if it some how makes them worse because of it. You sir are laughable at best.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That is what I'm sort of saying, yes - but not quite in the way you're interpreting it. It's generally accepted that given no-one was seriously hurt in the Arndale bombing, the regeneration that came from it ultimately made it a good thing.

The gigantic regeneration of Manchester as a city probably wouldn't have happened, and certainly not on the same scale, were it not for that event.

You'll find few Mancunians who disagree, to be fair.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
@ woogleuk

In this thread people have pointed to murder, attempted murder, child rape and gangs of muslims going around trying to force sharia law and the best retort you have came up with about the EDL is anti-social behaviour as if it some how makes them worse because of it. You sir are laughable at best.

I guess you never read any of my other replies then.

I understand that side of it, but that is not what the EDL are all about, no matter how much they would have you believe otherwise.

My argument isn't about the crime committed, it is about the wrongness of using violence as a means to retaliate, whether Muslim or a member of the EDL.

Here's laughing at you kid.
edit on 11/6/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
@ woogleuk

yes because all the looney liberals are responsible for all the racist child rapes and murders,they conveiniently forget that. How many child rapes and murders are acceptable ? Millions? Are white children being warned? No! On tv the adverts are of a white boy raping a white girl upstairs a
a party. This is beyond the joke.
The edl are vial for standing against this? Well as long as they dont draw a cartoon of allah we can forget the child rapes.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Even one instance of child abuse is wrong, and the perpetrators should be jailed for life.

The Muslim community needs to take a firmer stance on this issue as I believe they are slow with coming forward with any information, probably due to fear. (It's not just Muslims involved in the child sex trade btw, from what I can gather it's people of different faiths / colours / sexes that are responsible)

As long as it is just the guilty that suffer for their crimes though.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Even one instance of child abuse is wrong, and the perpetrators should be jailed for life.

The Muslim community needs to take a firmer stance on this issue as I believe they are slow with coming forward with any information, probably due to fear. (It's not just Muslims involved in the child sex trade btw, from what I can gather it's people of different faiths / colours / sexes that are responsible)

10000 though? In my eyes this is worse than 911. Mind what do you expect in a country where you get more jail for raping an adult than raping a child. Which other groups of people have we allowed into our country to rape our children?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ah, the peaceful EDL. Begun by a christian fundamentalist investment banker (who operates under a pseudonym) in concert with a convicted hooligan (who also operates under a pseudonym so as to sound less Irish).

The peaceful EDL who purposely march in sensitive areas giving the nazi salute, who have had members convicted for assault (most memorably on a guy for walking past a pub with his black girlfriend), whose ranks are composed of a bunch of old fart casuals who ought to know better.

Their crimes are well detailed above, but suffice to say that painting this shower as an authentic, peaceful resistance is like calling the SA a neighbourhood watch organisation that was just a bit worried about 'international financiers'.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

10000 though? In my eyes this is worse than 911. Mind what do you expect in a country where you get more jail for raping an adult than raping a child. Which other groups of people have we allowed into our country to rape our children?

Saxons?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Must admit I agree with you, I was in town that day and boy I was scared but the fact remains that no city in the world had more money pumped into regeneration than Manchester and without that bomb Manchester would be a different place today.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Saxons?
i said we as in here and now,unless your 1500 years old you cant say "we"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sad but true. 212 people were injured that day, albeit not seriously, so there's no doubt the city paid a high price regardless of the outcome, but our city today is much nicer as a result. It's just a shame it took a terrorist bomb to make those in charge take notice!

Of course, I'm not advocating terrorism as a route to regeneration, but it's good to note that Mancs can take a bad situation and make the best of it. You can't cowe this city with bombs - just like every other city targeted by bigots and maniacs.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join