It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I watched the video closely. I noticed a few key things. I noticed the pallor of his skin. I noticed the dryness in his speech (dry tongue). Both of those can be caused by stress. The last thing I noticed was the bottle-cap thick glasses he is wearing. All of those things can appear in a diabetic who is not getting enough insulin (for that reason).

If he is a type 1 diabetic who's vision is going out because of diabetes, he may have decided to break this info because of that. How's a computer tech going to do his job without his vision? It's all highly speculative, but it's entirely possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

That's an interesting theory. Can you expand on what you think the real motive is or the real story behind the story?
edit on 9-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So say, they are doing this to protect us from the terrorists.

Well, how about the US foreign policy has been a huge recruitment policy for the terrorists. The actions of the industrial military complex makes it easy for extremists to recruit.

I also love the "if you don't have anything to hide" argument......

Everybody probably has something to hide from somebody. As Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn declared, "Everyone is guilty of something or has something to conceal. All one has to do is look hard enough to find what it is."

The terrorism angle is such foolish bunk. If a terrorist is that stupid to not assume the US government or any government for that matter, isn't trying to track them and find them out any way they can, including electronically, well then they can't be a real threat to anyone but themselves. The 4th Amendment however, was put in the Bill of Rights for a reason and by much smarter people than the drubs we have leading the country now. So yeah I agree that their argument of nothing to hide is no argument at all and would never survive the scrutiny of the courts.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Revolutionary Modern Day Constitutional Hero.

He had a cush gig, in a tropical paradise, 6 figure salary, and he left it all to speak up.

B. Mann also.....!!!!!!!!

Heroes!!!!

Now what will the rest of us do about this all?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by Bilk22

That's an interesting theory. Can you expand on what you think the real motive is or the real story behind the story?
edit on 9-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

I don't know, but here's one - they want us to be accustomed to being watched. Another form of control? They couldn't just debate this in Congress openly because who would take the fall for it? Who in Congress would want to openly support such a thing? Think they'd ever get elected again?

No one, not libs or cons want to be watched. Now the cat is out of the bag. Let's see how it plays out further down the line. Heck Ed said something to that effect too - like well people will forget about this because they're easily distracted. So if nothing is eventually done in the courts and Congress, we'll know what the reason for controlled disclosure was.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This guy gave up his life for us. He's a real patriot! So, Big brother now knows how I stand...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I have to shake my head when someone claims this will hurt national security. More rubbish. The Chinese and Russians know what we have just as we know what they have. They're really the only entities we have to keep tabs on. Terrorists, domestic or otherwise, are really no threat to national security. Not in reality. That's just what they want us to believe so they can justify this type of program. Heck, as I said, any terrorist worth his terrorism , knows he is being tracked and surveilled. Then you have the one off oddball that will do something spontaneously, generally a domestic, and he's not getting caught by this sort of thing. They haven't caught one of them yet have they? CT, CO, CA all those shootings - even Boston. They can claim all they want they've thwarted some, but I have yet to see proof of that. Some silly idiot in Times Square a few years ago? The FBI was pushing him into doing something. I just think this is disclosure on their terms with no one taking a real hit. Obama ain't running again. He may not leave office, but that's a different story

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
OK. 2 post bans now. Anyone else for some T&C infractions?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So weird, watching the wiggling....

2 days ago people were like SO? Nothing new. We knew this.
It was just confirmation - evidence.

Today I'm seeing more "Kill the leaker! Arrest him! Get him!" like he leaked something we didn't suspect anyway.

Some people really wanted to go after oBama- "He was complicit in this!" Maybe an "He's just like Bush!" depending on if they liked Bush or not.

Today it's like "Well, I hate Obama but (chestbeat) "I'm a Patriot!! How DARE this guy betray our country!"

It's just funny to me, watching people try to digest this and what it means.
I think he's a hero. I also think he's a very big security risk right now. If he get nabbed, and he does have rosters, that's very bad.

It's not what he's leaked - I'm 100% for that.
It's just...he's outted himself and he's outted that he knows other more detrimental things. Things that people might torture him for.

If the US has any sense at all, they'll find SOME way to bring him into protective custody.

***IF I were in charge, I'd get one of our top tiers to help fix this.

I'm not saying I want him arrested. I'm behind him.
I'm just worried about him and what could be done to him - and what THAT could mean to the US.
If they suicided him, that might be the best out - but I don't want that for him - and if he becomes a martyr.....
whew. They don't want to do that.
edit on 9-6-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And it begins

US GOVERNMENT SECRETLY ACCESSING PHONE RECORDS US Congressman Peter King: 'If Edward Snowden did in fact leak the NSA data as he claims, the United States government must prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law and begin extradition proceedings at the earliest date. The United States must make it clear that no country should be granting this individual asylum. This is a matter of extraordinary consequence to American intelligence.' - via @NBCNews

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I also heard on - of all places- AP - on the radio this morning, that they wanted Glenn Greenwald too.

When we start arresting journalists - it's the end.
It's bad enough we were spying on them.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by Maluhia

I also heard on - of all places- AP - on the radio this morning, that they wanted Glenn Greenwald too.

When we start arresting journalists - it's the end.
It's bad enough we were spying on them.

People like Glen Greenwald, Ben Swann, and Amber Lyon are TRUE journalists.

An attack on anybody with the integrity of the three names listed above or anyone like them, is a direct attack on the voice of the people.

On a side note, I can't believe anybody is attacking Edward for what he did. WOW, talk about undying love for the STATE, the government can do NO WRONG. Very fascist mentality.

edit on 9-6-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
This guy gave up his life for us. He's a real patriot! So, Big brother now knows how I stand...

And now Knows how I stand, and that I side with you.

Come to think of it, I've been questioning reality since High School. They had a file on me back then for not going along with herd mentality and asking questions.

At this rate, everyone who posts on ATS is definitely flagged with red dots

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully this starts a domino effect where more and more people bring our shady Govt.'s shady activities to light.

A true American hero.

Here is the interview video.

He states that he had access to the global picture, and yet comments," China is not our enemy."
For me, he lost all credibility in that one statement.
China IS our enemy.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wonder how many reply's on this thread are sponsored by the very people the OP incriminates, either that or some people truly are completely brainwashed, neither possibilities would shock me.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully this starts a domino effect where more and more people bring our shady Govt.'s shady activities to light.

A true American hero.

Here is the interview video.

He states that he had access to the global picture, and yet comments," China is not our enemy."
For me, he lost all credibility in that one statement.
China IS our enemy.

He made his point and it was a good one - we trade freely with them. Also consider where he is. He is smart enough to know not to call his current host country an enemy. Think about it.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

He stated he had a right to wiretap ANYONE from his desk. And he's relatively low-level. And you have the audacity to say he's wrong for speaking out? Who do you work for?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A true American and if we just sit back and let them fall we don't deserve freedom. We need to take washington in large numbers and take this country back.

I want whoever started this mess behind bars and anyone trying to cover it up there as well. Yes laws were broken by the dirt bags we have in office not this man. I say this should be the straw that breaks the camels back and we need to stand up and do whatever it takes to get this country on the right track again.

This America of today is really becoming sickening to be part of.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
In the meantime since he HAS gone public, we need to support him however we can. We can start by flagging the heck out of this thread.

edit on 9-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

I've never flagged and starred so hard in my life

Truly a wonderful day for humanity... what a fantastic thing to wake up to! My faith in humanity is restored. I feel there is real hope again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join