It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Most Hated Food???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Lets see some pics of the food that you hate...and please describe why you hate it, This must be a food that you have at least tasted...here are some of mine...Liver and onions
I love the aroma while this is being cooked but the taste of liver is just repulsive...the texture of the meat is sorta mushy...Its just such a different taste from all the other cuts of meat.

Peas...
again its a texture thing they are too mushy inside...

Baked Goose
The meat is way too gamey for me...when I tried it they said it tastes better when dipped in the orange sauce...If meat tastes so bad that you have to cover the taste of it with a sauce then why bother at all...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Oily fish

Can't go near it,
I try occasionally and can now eat with trepidation some white fish.

Put a mackerel or tuna on to cook

You'll find me in the toilet throwing up, no idea why.

I have a gag reflex to the just the smell always have

Weird thing is I love going fishing

Cody

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I will only eat fish if it is not fishy...lol...I LOVE the ocean but do not like the taste of it...Orange Roughy is a good non fishy fish to eat...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Steak and kidney pie

And any form of liver

Not that I'm a fussy eater or anything

Cody

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Honestly? I am not picky at all when it comes to food (real food).
Disregarding fake foods (fast foods, etc.)
... For some damn reason...
I *hate* red sauce pasta.

I grew up with it, force-fed practically. These days I cannot even touch it!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Kidney's are a body part not a cut of meat in my book. I have never tasted kidney...sounds gross

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have a couple of them.

First one, Tomato.

I don't know why, I just cant keep it down. I'm fine with tomato paste or sauce. It might be the smell and texture of the fruit. Haven't had a slice of tomato for 25 years, lol.

Second, Peas!
They are scum! The texture and taste to me is so over powering. I remember when I was a kid, my parents would hide just a single pea into my food, mainly mashed potato. Never worked, I would either hurl, or feel the mushy burst and spit it out.

A pet hate of mine, King Prawns.

I actually love the taste of them, but every time I eat just a pinch of one, my throat swells up and feels like a piece of glass is lodge in the throat. Christmas time really get the hate going, watching all these people devour them, me wishing I could to.

edit on 9-6-2013 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Yep...being force fed something as a child sucks...One of the perks of being an adult is we get to pick and choose what we eat...I too was forced to eat whatever was on my plate or suffer a whooping...lol...I did not have the heart to force my kids to eat stuff they didn't like...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blackspirit

That must be a drag to like a food but for it to not like you...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by cody599

Kidney's are a body part not a cut of meat in my book. I have never tasted kidney...sounds gross

Gross indeed

There is however one thing that is worse
I live just north of London, in London is a "delicacy" that real born and bred Londoners love

It's disgusting
I give you

This is commonly called eel liquor sauce or simply liquor (although it is non-alcoholic), traditionally made using the water kept from the preparation of the stewed eels. The sauce traditionally has a green colour, from the parsley.[

Pie mash and liquor

Cody

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Pie mash and liquor

Cody

It sounds like the type of food you have to get rip roaring drunk just to eat it...
edit on Sun Jun 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Peas must be the most hated veggie, they have been hated by 3 of us so far...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I don't have any pictures but there are 2 thing I dislike.

Pancakes .. For what ever reason. I just don't like them.

The other comes with a story. .. ..

When I was 7 years old my father had a terrible accident. His skull was crushed to pieces. They were able to reconstruct it but he had to wear a halo to hold his skull together. Unfortunately he was not able to chew solid food for about 6 months.

During that time my mother decided that my brothers and I was going to learn to appreciate his predicament. So, when it came time to eat EVERYONE's food was run through the Blender. Can you even imagine our surprise when the first meal came, we watched as dinner was poured into a bowl and we were each handed a straw. My brothers and I endured that for as long as out father did.

That is actually something that is Very Hard to get used to. When we thought we were finally tolerating it, the next surprise came, the Worst Possible meal Imaginable. .. . . .. LIVER AND ONIONS.. .. . ... . THROUGH A STRAW.

It sure is funny now. I guess you might call that a Character Building Experience.

Ever since then I have not even been able to palette sight of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I have problems embedding images ,so forgive me for not doing so . I can post links if you like .
Most of the stuff I hate ,is Asian . No idea why .
Maybe because I eat so much of it .
I cannot stand fish roe ,of any kind . Salmon roe in sushi ,or the most expensive caviar . Can't do it .
Then I hate natto . The Japanese fermented bean curd . It's absolutely vile . This weird slime comes out of it that is as strong as any glue. It's stinks to boot. No idea how they eat it .
Then I hate Kimchee. The Korean fermented cabbage .
I dislike most Korean food because the spices are off to me ,but I cannot stand kimchee.
Then I hate fresh water chestnuts . They're usually in Chinese woked dishes.
I always asked for them omitted when ordering ,and if one slips in ,and I bite into if ,I absolutely freak .
Hate them .

Then I cannot stand okra . I hate tomato soup ,and tomatoe juice. Wont touch them ,but then I love ketchup ,tomato sauce ,and fresh tomatoes. No idea why .

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Oh my god. What was your mom thinking ?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Too many to post pics for.

I literally hate Brussell Sprouts, olives, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, cottage cheese, sauerkraut, hot mustard, and everything really spicy.

What I can simply do without is lobster and shrimp, but only because I can't taste them at all. If I dip lobster in butter all I taste is the butter.

I can eat turkey, liver, broccoli, green beans, or corn if I have to.

I LOVE baby peas, tomatoes, potatoes, steak, ham and chicken.

Too much useless info, eh?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hmm, I love liver. And kidney. I love steak and kidney pie. I love most fish, but will *NOT* touch any cephalopod (squid, calamari, octopus).

Bacon has become strange to me. It might be the hormones they feed the pigs to make them super pigs in 36 hours. Or it might be due to the fact they don't neuter the males. I hear that makes the meat taste funky. But it's just not what it used to be.

Peas? Are you guys nuts? I eat my peas with honey, I've done it all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife!

Beans are pretty bland. Any sort. If you have to smother beans in tomato sauce, it's just tomato sauce and tasteless chunks.

But when it comes to real crazy things..

Deep Fried Baby Chickens. Oh Purple Chiten, where for art thou...

How about deep fried baby crab?

and never ever try to tell me anything about this... Oo

I do like kittehs. But the fur gets stuck in my teeth.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Too many to post pics for.

I literally hate Brussell Sprouts, olives, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, cottage cheese, sauerkraut, hot mustard, and everything really spicy.

JESUS CHRIST!!

Are you even Human jigger??

Next you'll say you don't like chillis... Oo

Sauerkraut.. man a good sauerkraut does not last long around here. I keep intending to make my own.

Hot Mustard? Even thinking about it my mouth is watering.

Ahh I win the useless info award, never fear about that...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well anything pickled i just don't like at all..
And vinegar ewwwwwwwwwwww

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join