It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Most Hated Food???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It has to be the dreaded cucumber. Infects any sandwich with its bland watery flavours. Even if you take the cucumber out the sandwich, the taste still lingers, destroying a perfectly good sandwich.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The worst food I can think of is anything pork, popcorn, anything with alcohol, etc. I have a long list of bad food.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I could never see the point of cucumber lol. Like you say its just a big watery lump on sandwiches!. I make a dip sometimes with greek thick zero percent youghurt with finely chopped cucumber. Thats ok. But the rest i agree with you

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Don't have pictue but the one thing I hate is that FRUIT CAKE that keeps getting passed around year after yer, I would not eat that thing but would use it to stand on instead.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Most hated food?
The fermented fish which seems to be a staple throughout the far east.
It looks like crap,smells like a sewer,and tastes as bad as it smells.

Only tried it once,and within seconds it was decorating the pavement.
That stuff should be illegal IMO.

Other than that,anything which is still alive on the plate-that disgusts me.
If you want to eat an animal,for crying out loud,kill it first.
Animals feel pain just like we do.

Oh and that weird(italian?)maggot infested cheese-not that I have tried it,but I know I would throw up if I did.
I do not fancy a load of cheesey,wriggling maggots and their excreta in my mouth or stomach thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I really hate parsnips, they are just plain disgusting.

I would have to say almost every vegetable, besides potato, carrot, peas and green beans, I just can't stomach them.

Liver, tripe, peppers (especially green), pears, banana, black pudding and kidney (although it makes nice gravy) are at the top of my hate list too.

One thing I hate, is when a cheeseburger gets swamped in sauce and topped with lettuce and tomato or pickles. I like my cheeseburger plain, beef, cheese and a breadcake (bun) anything else just spoils it and turns it into a mess.

I'm very picky.
edit on 9-6-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Cucumber. The taste ruins everything. Even in you pick it out of a salad, the taste is there, spreading like a virus. It's disgusting. AND I WONT STAND FOR IT!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What a shocking amount of cucumber haters we have here!
Its awesome when dressed with olive oil,vinegar and salt and pepper.
Or in a yoghurt dip(tzatziki).

Surprised so many dislike the inoffensive,and not very flavoursome cucumber.

I would rather live on cucumbers for life than ever have to eat another mouthful of the foods I mentioned in my earlier post.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lima beans. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well this is half a food and half a drink so I guess it only half counts here, but I submit for your consideration

Bubble Tea

It's cold tea mixed with milk and has a layer of disgusting Tapioca balls at the bottom of the cup that come up the straw as you drink it and you have to chew. It's the singularly most horrible sensory experience I have ever had

As if the texture of chewy tea wasn't bad enough, the Tapioca balls also give you Kidney Failure

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Asparagus, mustard, mayonnaise, the dreaded peas, almost any red meat (save for bacon & pepperoni). I'm funny that way. If you were to put mayonnaise or mustard near me, you will likely be met with violence.

On a side note...you know how you become accustomed to a smell if you're around it for more than a couple hours...and can't smell it anymore unless you leave outside and come back in? I'm visiting my sister and she has been slow crock-pot cooking ox tails since yesterday. The smell won't dissipate. It won't go into the background. The smell is constant. No relief at all. Every breath brings a whiff. Not feeling the ox tail stew...at all. Go away dammit!

--J
edit on 6/9/2013 by JamesTheScribe because: Grammatical error

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Beets.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That Sir,looks and sounds totally minging.
What a gross disrespect to Tea.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
BTW that maggot cheese I mentioned earlier is called Casu Marzu.Look it up-its sick.

I can't believe I forgot to add to my list the chinese "century egg."
My friend brought a few back from china years ago,when customs were less bothered about such things.
They are esentially eggs left to go rotten for months,before being eaten.
Even looking at this pic is making me gag,remembering the foetid stench of the one I got given as a "gift."

I didn't eat it,as I was too busy running to puke.
Even Satan would puke,I swear.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
Then I hate Kimchee. The Korean fermented cabbage .
I dislike most Korean food because the spices are off to me ,but I cannot stand kimchee.

I love KimChee and Coleslaw, but hate raw cabbage.

And I cannot stand Brussel Sprouts either.

I guess pretty much everything else is fair game.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

A cucumber has no place on a sandwich, unless it's pickled and on a burger. Or maybe chopped up in Tuna. Cukes belong in salads, that is where they belong.

Somethings are just better by themselves. I love pizza and pineapple, but they should never be combined.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Anyone had "Lutefisk?"
Thats meant to be repulsive to some,its a Scandinavian fish dish-it means "lye fish"
because-you guessed it,its fish covered in caustic lye,then stuffed in a barrel for a month or so.

If you leave it on ceramic plates over night,it will eat into the glaze and be welded on forever.
MMMmmm!!!
That must be really good for the digestive system,right folks?

Never tried it,never want to-especially after watching people try to eat it on youtube.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Whats Your Most Hated Food???
There is no such thing as " Hated Food",because the food you hate can feed many millions of people which are starving around the planet,especially in Africa and Asia.
edit on 9-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: of people

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Lime or Orange Jello with shredded vegetables in it instead of fruit.....YUCK!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Eggs. Can't stand them. I'm okay if I can't taste them, as in baked goods or yorkshire puddings/pancakes, but otherwise I'd struggle not to be sick If I ate one, don't know why. Even if they tasted good, which they don't, I don't know how people could abide the sickening smell

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Anyone had "Lutefisk?"
Thats meant to be repulsive to some,its a Scandinavian fish dish-it means "lye fish"
because-you guessed it,its fish covered in caustic lye,then stuffed in a barrel for a month or so.

If you leave it on ceramic plates over night,it will eat into the glaze and be welded on forever.
MMMmmm!!!
That must be really good for the digestive system,right folks?

Never tried it,never want to-especially after watching people try to eat it on youtube.

I've seen and heard of it, but probably will never try it.

I remember thinking the first time someone told me about this dish is that it must really clean out the system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join