It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Most Hated Food???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Green bean casserole

Something about the combinations that makes me wanna hurl.
I like green beans

I like cream of mushroom soup!

But together?!?

BLEH!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The things I hated as a kid are now my favorite for some reason. Green olives, mustard and coffee were the most vile disgusting things to eat/drink. Now I have extra jars of green olives in my pantry, 3 kinds of mustard in the fridge and although I rarely drink coffee I have it available always. Even some things I disliked in my 20's i'm starting to like, for example, the wasabi paste you get with sushi. I never used it, it sat in its nice little pile undisturbed. Now, I can't get enough of it, I even dip my chopsticks in it so it comes in direct contact with my mouth.

I still don't like sardines tho. And the couple comments about cucumber in sandwiches/wraps, I totally agree. It makes the sandwich watery and gross.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by shells4u

Lime or Orange Jello with shredded vegetables in it instead of fruit.....YUCK!!!

Oh my....now that's a dish from the past and yes I agree jello and veggies do not marry well when mixed together.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Yeah, I used to hate green peppers but for some reason I like them more and more the older I get.

Brusselsprouts is another knarly food.
Tastes like eating wax balls,
but everyone always says I just didn't have them cooked right.

And artichoke hearts....GROSS....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Whats Your Most Hated Food???
There is no such thing as " Hated Food",because the food you hate can feed many millions of people which are starving around the planet,especially in Africa and Asia.
edit on 9-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: of people

Okay thanks for Not participating

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Most hated food?
The fermented fish which seems to be a staple throughout the far east.
It looks like crap,smells like a sewer,and tastes as bad as it smells.

Only tried it once,and within seconds it was decorating the pavement.
That stuff should be illegal IMO.

Other than that,anything which is still alive on the plate-that disgusts me.
If you want to eat an animal,for crying out loud,kill it first.
Animals feel pain just like we do.

Oh and that weird(italian?)maggot infested cheese-not that I have tried it,but I know I would throw up if I did.
I do not fancy a load of cheesey,wriggling maggots and their excreta in my mouth or stomach thank you very much.

Maggot cheese...Gross

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

I don't have any pictures but there are 2 thing I dislike.

Pancakes .. For what ever reason. I just don't like them.

The other comes with a story. .. ..

When I was 7 years old my father had a terrible accident. His skull was crushed to pieces. They were able to reconstruct it but he had to wear a halo to hold his skull together. Unfortunately he was not able to chew solid food for about 6 months.

During that time my mother decided that my brothers and I was going to learn to appreciate his predicament. So, when it came time to eat EVERYONE's food was run through the Blender. Can you even imagine our surprise when the first meal came, we watched as dinner was poured into a bowl and we were each handed a straw. My brothers and I endured that for as long as out father did.

That is actually something that is Very Hard to get used to. When we thought we were finally tolerating it, the next surprise came, the Worst Possible meal Imaginable. .. . . .. LIVER AND ONIONS.. .. . ... . THROUGH A STRAW.

It sure is funny now. I guess you might call that a Character Building Experience.

Ever since then I have not even been able to palette sight of it.

wow...what a story, I feel sorry that , that happened to your Dad...but what a way to learn empathy...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lettuce.......can't stand it, Can't see the point of it...........Uh!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Oily fish

Can't go near it,
I try occasionally and can now eat with trepidation some white fish.

Put a mackerel or tuna on to cook

You'll find me in the toilet throwing up, no idea why.

I have a gag reflex to the just the smell always have

Weird thing is I love going fishing

Cody
Im the same way, but for me, it has been traced down to an allergic reaction to something inside the fish. Not sure what, though.

I can eat crab and lobster just fine though..totally odd.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
About the only food I hate specifically are Poptarts, they are not even food, so many gross alien colors and ingredients that may never leave my body.... and they are targeting children when they sell these horrible crack-laden frosted death-wafers!

I have similar feelings towards Velveeta, the word "food" on the label is deceptive and almost a lie. Most overly processed foods not only make me sluggish and dull-witted, they offend my intelligence, so I just avoid them. They put enough metal shavings in some breakfast cereals to make it stick to a magnet (high in iron is no joke!), and the nonsense they put in granola bars is crazy. If you haven't guessed I'm very fond of my local farmer's markets

I am also not fond of tripe or fermented japanese bean threads (cant remember the name, but the smell alone is offputting enough).

But give me some kimchi or kraut, any kind of fish or meats (gamey is fine by me, but yeah overly fishy is not how I prefer fish), love brussel sprouts and all vegetables. Stinky cheeses and olives and capers, great flavors. Food is hard not to love for me, it's simply if I am in the mood for that flavor at the moment.

I prefer not to hate on food so much, and put my energy towards removing the things disguised as "food" that tend to make my eating experiences less enjoyable. Like beef toenails in my Gummy bears or Altoids, or potatoes in my softserve ice cream.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I like all food mostly, real food, but one dish that makes me feel sick even when I think about it is something I tired in korea, kimchi I think they call it, my god its disguisting , pretty sure it is there national dish to ..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Whhhyyy .Bubble tea is so awesome ! Do you just hate the bubbles? As the teas are yummy alone too

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I've never eaten a poptart in my life. My mom never bought them ,and I never thought they looked appealing .
I never asked her to buy them .

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I have never even heard of such a dish . I don't like jello a lot to begin with .
My grandmother made an awesome one with fruit in it when I was a child ,but when I was 11 ,I was seriously hurt in a bicycle accident ,and ended up in the hospital for a week .
All the fed me,when I was allowed food,was jello ,and a type of custard called junket .
Vile hospital hello

I begged my mom to sneak pizza in for me . I ate it and then jumped up and down on the bed with glee . It was then she knew I would be just fine .
I could never really eat jello,ever again
edit on 6/9/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/9/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There aren't that many foods I don't like but THESE.....BEETS

It has to do with staying at my aunt and uncle's house and they would make us eat these. We couldn't leave the table til we were done eating.

I really hate that my husband juices beets now. When he does it I leave the kitchen, I hate the smell.
edit on 6/9/2013 by Tankgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I love jello (especially with fruit in it) but when I was a kid my mother went through a few years of fad diets- and one of them happened to be diet jello with grated vegetables in it (mostly purple cabbage and carrots). Those were the days before aspartame and diet anything tasted nasty as all be all, but add grated veggies into the mix and the mere thought of it brings the taste of vomit to my mouth. I don't eat at Luby's or Wyatt's Cafeterias to this day because the first section you pass by is salads- and they always have the jello with grated veggies on display. Such vileness should not be tolerated in public!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
pork / lamb / beef make me sick even the smell of them cooking and i have to leave the house .

when i see people eating steak with blood running out of it i think what an animal

everything else yum yum

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Things like oysters and mussels are too gross for consumption in my opinion, as are kidneys, liver, offal generally and offal type foods like haggis and sausages that have intestines for skin, yuk, peas, dried non sulphured apricots, dried goji berries, currants, that hideous dark brown fruit /wedding / christmas cake that tastes like burnt currants,the chewy fat / cartilage on meat, I cannot even eat chicken legs nevermind the wings or chicken skin, even if crispy, puffy doughy bread makes me gag, I eat hot mustard and spicy foods though detest piccalilli, super sweet things like some jam makes me gag, instant coffee, tap water, things containing gelatine, things containing raw eggs, pasta or curry sauces from jars, tinned food, apart from sweetcorn, and probably loads more things.

Things like pigs ears, feet and snouts, foie gras and sweetbreads are also on the disgusting food list.
edit on 9-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My beloved wife, Mrs. Frogs, is a wonderful cook on 99.99% of things. However, when she is a bad cook on the .01% it is very bad. It would have to be her tuna casserole.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
liver

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join