It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Resonance Experiment!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Hey Martin-
You may be interested in the cymatic patterns carved into the 15th century Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland.
Someone has reproduced the cymatic patterns from the carvings,and they make some very hauntingly beautiful music.
The music really hits a certain spot inside me,and others who I have shared the video with.
Its well worth a watch/listen:

How our ancestors did this,and why remains a mystery.
But its awesome IMO,as are the other enigmas of the chapel,including links to the Templars and possible secret treasures.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

or .... it was the machine elves.
Well I knew there was a logical explanation for those socks that go missing out of my dryer.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
I've been thinking a lot lately about resonance, vibration, etc. I've actually hummed a loud note when picking up something heavy (instead of grunting, LoL) and it feels... lighter. If it's psycho-somatic, I'm ok with that too.
--Funny thing is, my inner being seems to know what note/tone to use for the task at hand.

It tightens up your diaphragm and abdomen, gives you a bit more core stability. The sound is optional.

Along the lines of 'shouting things into existence' and 'makes you feel like a god' maybe we ought take another gander at the opening scene in John... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

Logos can mean quite a few things. Concept or image are also ways to translate logos. However, that passage is widely interpreted to mean "Jesus" where it uses 'word'. It generally does not mean spoken word. Written word is more likely if it actually means 'word' in context.

eta: It is also just as correct to translate that as "In the beginning was the concept. And the Concept was with a God, and the concept itself was a God". The term used for God there is ambiguous as to whether it means 'the' god, or God, or if it means "a God".

So yeah, sound moves stuff. Big sound must move big stuff... planets, galaxies and whatnot.

Related Tangent of Thought: What if resonance is the 'missing link' to explain gravity???

Sound doesn't travel through space. So, no.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Maybe... but who/what made the sounds that set the universe in motion? I make a sound. I'm intelligent. My dog makes a sound. She's pretty smart but I can beat her at an IQ test. A bird makes a sound, and so on. Maybe an intelligent being screamed the universe into being. Just throwing it out there.

If I break wind, it makes a sound. If the wind blows, it makes a sound. If the rain falls, it makes a sound. Anything that moves air makes a sound. And sound does not traverse a vacuum.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just an hour ago I learned that my idea of 'mass' in the universe was completely wrong.
Do tell! (Or if it's off topic, linky-link...)
And yes, I know what you mean about the sunlight... the sol (soul?) Who can say for sure? Photons are interesting things to ponder. Like, is matter 'congealed' sunlight... a series of photons that paused to ponder the ones around them, just long enough to get stuck in the material world. (The idea only works in my head if I can believe the light has some inherent 'intelligence' that could ponder.)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The sound of music, right?
Isn't music one thing that every culture has in common? Life would certainly be a lot different if there wasn't music.
imo everything makes a sound, if we just have the right tools to measure, observe, amplify, listen to it.
Isn't there some theory on the sounds from space, the sound of the big bang or the sound of the cosmic background radiation?
Maybe its the sound or even music patterns that shapes the whole universe, keeping everything togheter from falling apart.
When the music's over the light will turn off. Everything will fall apart. I know i will.
So who is making it, where does it come from? Not that important, as long as it's there enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sound doesn't travel through space. So, no.

...yet our sensors have picked up the unique sounds of planets within our solar system, while passing by them. So yeah, they do have their own symphony happening. That sound must have made it to the Voyager spaceship somehow, thru the space between...

NASA Link

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by jiggerj

Isn't music one thing that every culture has in common? Life would certainly be a lot different if there wasn't music.
imo everything makes a sound, if we just have the right tools to measure, observe, amplify, listen to it.
Isn't there some theory on the sounds from space, the sound of the big bang or the sound of the cosmic background radiation?
Maybe its the sound or even music patterns that shapes the whole universe, keeping everything togheter from falling apart.
When the music's over the light will turn off. Everything will fall apart. I know i will.
So who is making it, where does it come from? Not that important, as long as it's there enjoy it.

I like this train of thought. It resonates with me (no pun intended) and the whole idea of 'music' holding things together goes along with my earlier thought about sound being (maybe) the missing link to us fully understanding gravity.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Maybe... but who/what made the sounds that set the universe in motion? I make a sound. I'm intelligent. My dog makes a sound. She's pretty smart but I can beat her at an IQ test. A bird makes a sound, and so on. Maybe an intelligent being screamed the universe into being. Just throwing it out there.

If I break wind, it makes a sound. If the wind blows, it makes a sound. If the rain falls, it makes a sound. Anything that moves air makes a sound. And sound does not traverse a vacuum.

How did that eerie sound recording from Saturn originate then?

And astronauts have also reported hearing odd, 'otherworldly' sounds while in space...sound does travel in a vacuum, but in the form of other waves not sound waves.

Back to Cymatics..could the shapes produced be a macro view of a micro object that is being inflated to the macro scale in a 2D representation?

IOW, are the shapes representative of either the atomic or molecular structures of the granular material used (salt, sand, talc powder, Iron filings whatever) or maybe the material the plate is made of?

edit on 9-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It made me think of a kalidascope but there is probably no connection there. 1%

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You do realize how many threads we already have about this?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is where I learned how wrong I was about 'mass'.

The Science thread Here

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by jiggerj

How about music by The Rings Of Saturn? And no, it's not a band.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
Thanks for the share, that is really interesting to say the least. I've heard so much about how vibrations and energy rule the world, for example that one guy from coral castle, tesla obviously new what's up with it..pretty interesting stuff here

I agree, I think the reason tesla's data was confiscated, well, one of the reasons
...was that you didn't need a bomb to bring down a building, you simply set up a vibrating sound device with the correct resonance. and you could literally "vibrate" the building into a pile of rubble.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
This is where I learned how wrong I was about 'mass'.

The Science thread Here

Thx... looks like some real interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You do realize how many threads we already have about this?

I know you weren't talking to me, and I'm just a participant in this thread, but I didn't realize there were tons of threads about this! Sometimes cool topics get buried and just need to resurface with a fresh look (my opinion!) Please don't have this thread closed. I am lovin it.

May you find one such topic that speaks to you today!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Thisbseth
Thanks for the share, that is really interesting to say the least. I've heard so much about how vibrations and energy rule the world, for example that one guy from coral castle, tesla obviously new what's up with it..pretty interesting stuff here

I agree, I think the reason tesla's data was confiscated, well, one of the reasons
...was that you didn't need a bomb to bring down a building, you simply set up a vibrating sound device with the correct resonance. and you could literally "vibrate" the building into a pile of rubble.

Interesting! Can't help but think about the walls of Jericho supposedly crumbling due to yahweh's followers marching around the city ...beating drums? ...or blasting horns? ...or ...some sound, I forget! Point is, according to the story, sound crumbled reeeeally thick, tall stone walls.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

This is one of my favorite things to do. I pour salt on an old bodhran drum and then just shout shapes into it. It's amazing and makes you feel like a god. Shouting things into existence is an experience that speaks to the very core of our beings.
I've been thinking a lot lately about resonance, vibration, etc. I've actually hummed a loud note when picking up something heavy (instead of grunting, LoL) and it feels... lighter. If it's psycho-somatic, I'm ok with that too.
--Funny thing is, my inner being seems to know what note/tone to use for the task at hand.

Along the lines of 'shouting things into existence' and 'makes you feel like a god' maybe we ought take another gander at the opening scene in John... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

So yeah, sound moves stuff. Big sound must move big stuff... planets, galaxies and whatnot.

Related Tangent of Thought: What if resonance is the 'missing link' to explain gravity???

edit on 6/8/2013 by new_here because: Left out "if" in last sentence!

As stated before, sound doesn't travel in space, so sound would not have contributed to the formation of the universe. That being said... I think you are on to something. Sound waves may not exist in a vacuum, but almost every other form of energy does! And since all energy occurs in wavelengths, it is easy to make the connection between vibration and formation. I know after watching the video that I felt like I was watching the formation of the universe, it was a similar sensation I had after viewing a fractal for the first time. So I think you are right. I too believe that resonance could be the missing link that explains gravity. It just seems to make sense...

To OP:

Thanks! This really opened my mind to new thoughts. I was in a pretty bad mood and this little video made me feel good.
Weird, I know...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice that 3835hz equals the Tablet of Shamash?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

There are lots in Sumarian/Babylonian images,and also many in Ancient Egyptian carvings.
It could be that the ancients had ways to replicate the patterns using their own voices,and say a large drum with sand on.
Its fascinating stuff,but I don't think anyone has yet really cracked how or why it may have been done so many centuries and millenia ago.

Ah,the magical nature of waves and frequencies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join