It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Resonance Experiment!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Thanks for the link to your post. Some very neat stuff. I'm a true math nerd at heart

ETA: And thank you for the link on embedding...I promise to practice

edit on 6/10/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
That experiment shows the true science of the universe.

Sound/HZ/Electric Universe.

Sonoluminescence/Cavitation.

Magnetics.

Tesla!

"Tesla" is not "science", it's a person's name. Magnetics is not science either, it's a neologism invented by a kook named Searl. "Hz" is the unit of measurement, not science. Sound is a phenomenon, not science.

Funny how pseudo-science afficionados get it all so royally confused, or refuse to care.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
And since all energy occurs in wavelengths, it is easy to make the connection between vibration and formation.

I find the statement that "all energy occurs in wavelengths" quite strange and uneducated.

Time for some antidote.

I ran into an example a few days ago, when a friend sent me this article, entitled "Scientists Prove DNA Can Be Reprogrammed By Words And Frequencies." The word "frequency" always acts like a red flag to me, as it is for some reason a word woo-woos like a lot, and throw about in absurd ways despite its having a rigid, and not especially thrilling, definition in the scientific world (three others are "energy," "vibration," and "field").

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by jimmyx

I agree, I think the reason tesla's data was confiscated, well, one of the reasons
...was that you didn't need a bomb to bring down a building, you simply set up a vibrating sound device with the correct resonance. and you could literally "vibrate" the building into a pile of rubble.

Yeah, he said that, and also said he'd done it, but oddly, no other source corroborates it, Tesla later retracted it and his conjecture omits some really basic characteristics of resonant structures, like losses. The entire "Q" thing was sort of left out.
Perhaps they still show the Tacoma narrows bridge video to engineers to demonstrate that this property can exist in structures, but as all the still standing bridges and buildings demonstrate, it can also be engineered out. They showed it to every engineer in the school I went to:

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse "Gallopin' Gertie"

The event changed forever how engineers design suspension bridges. Gertie's failure led to the safer suspension spans we use today.
This demonstrates something similar to what is seen in the OP video, on a different scale.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Martin75

Excellent! Highly complex patterns made out of chaos without the need for an intelligent designer. One more proof that a god isn't needed.

Near the end one of the images reminded me of a living cell.

Your logic is flawed, the machine that created the patters out of vibrating salt crystals was made by humans as far as I can tell.

If you are insinuating that the sub atomic and atomic particles that make up what we consider matter is self arranging because of a vibrational field, the question I need to ask is what is generating the vibrational field??

If not God then what? And I don't mean a Judo Christian god.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That's more a wind torsion thing called aeroelastic flutter than a vibrational resonance though. It's powered by the air rolling down the gorge, the bridge was unfortunately designed in such a way that it was just the right aspect ratio to torque really badly. It's the same effect you use to make grass blade whistles, U2 wings will also do it under bad conditions. Unfortunately, the design had a pretty high Q as well and could actually resonate without dissipating a lot of the input energy.

eta: Tesla claimed he had almost brought down a building with a windup spring powered device, although no one on scene noticed and there were no police reports. The press was unable to corroborate it. Later he said he could split the Earth in two the same way but was challenged on it and retracted his statement.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I find the statement that "all energy occurs in wavelengths" quite strange and uneducated.

I oppose New Age nonsense, but I just wanted to point you out that energy is related to frequency.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

I oppose New Age nonsense, but I just wanted to point you out that energy is related to frequency.
I don't think kinetic energy is.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I made a thread about this sort of phenomena, cymatics etc some time ago, it got about one reply, if that. It is an interesting area of research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's more a wind torsion thing called aeroelastic flutter than a vibrational resonance though.
Isn't it both? The aeroelastic flutter explains the initial cause, but you can have aeroelastic flutter without the resonance between the two halves along the length of the bridge, which might happen if for example the span that fluttered was half as long, right? In any case I agree that's not exactly what Tesla was talking about.

Unfortunately, the design had a pretty high Q as well and could actually resonate without dissipating a lot of the input energy.
True. Initially I thought engineers would be shocked by the collapse, but I later learned that some engineers had advised against that design and they were really pushing the envelope by trying something quite a bit less robust than previous designs.

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I made a thread about this sort of phenomena, cymatics etc some time ago, it got about one reply, if that. It is an interesting area of research.
I wonder if the reason this is be more popular could be because it referred to resonance rather than cymatics? I've never been that impressed with the term "cymatics".
edit on 10-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

When I use a hammer to drive a nail, I don't think I need to consider frequency to look at energy transfer etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I wonder if the reason this is be more popular could be because it referred to resonance rather than cymatics? I've never been that impressed with the term "cymatics".

I prefer the term "Chladni patterns", it's much more descriptive. Certainly it's what we learned it as in grade school oh so long ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
I really don't understand the science behind this but it looks really neat. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I did not see it.
Amazing Resonance Experiment

I am sorry, I tried to embed the video but can't figure it out. Hopefully this will work.

If someone knows how to embed it could you please do that? Thanks!
edit on 6/8/1313 by Martin75 because: can't figure out video

Tacoma Narrows
edit on 10-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by new_here

When the walls of Jericho were mentioned it reminded me of a program on building bridges that was on tv a little while ago. Apparently when the romans marched in step over bridges they would collapse , so they had to march out of step or whatever. Then the program went on to explain that the millenium (spelling) bridge in London was swaying because of so many people were walking ( in step?) over it and they had to fix it. Beause of the vibrations? that's all folks. 1%

That's interesting- brings new meaning to a March on Wall Street or whatever. Power to the People, and all this time we've been voting with our hands instead of our feet, LoL...

The amazing power of sound. Project yourself- you ARE energy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Except that sound is a mechanical vibration, and CAN move things, a little.

Not quite. Specifically, "sound" is what we call the waves that issue forth from a mechanical vibration. Therefore, mechanical vibration creates sound. They are not the same thing. It's a cause/effect scenario. Perhaps you meant that, but if you are out to enlighten others, it will be more helpful if you correct them correctly.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by new_here
Maybe... but who/what made the sounds that set the universe in motion? I make a sound. I'm intelligent. My dog makes a sound. She's pretty smart but I can beat her at an IQ test. A bird makes a sound, and so on. Maybe an intelligent being screamed the universe into being. Just throwing it out there.

If I break wind, it makes a sound. If the wind blows, it makes a sound. If the rain falls, it makes a sound. Anything that moves air makes a sound. And sound does not traverse a vacuum.

How did that eerie sound recording from Saturn originate then?

And astronauts have also reported hearing odd, 'otherworldly' sounds while in space...sound does travel in a vacuum, but in the form of other waves not sound waves.

Back to Cymatics..could the shapes produced be a macro view of a micro object that is being inflated to the macro scale in a 2D representation?

IOW, are the shapes representative of either the atomic or molecular structures of the granular material used (salt, sand, talc powder, Iron filings whatever) or maybe the material the plate is made of?

edit on 9-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

Electromagnetic waves - generated by electric and magnetic fields. Electric field is when current moves throught a wire. Coil up a wire and you get an electromagnet. Place a metal core inside that coil of wire and attach a paper or metal cone and you get a loudspeaker. But if you attach an amplifier to the circuit, you get a microphone.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by new_here

When the walls of Jericho were mentioned it reminded me of a program on building bridges that was on tv a little while ago. Apparently when the romans marched in step over bridges they would collapse , so they had to march out of step or whatever. Then the program went on to explain that the millenium (spelling) bridge in London was swaying because of so many people were walking ( in step?) over it and they had to fix it. Beause of the vibrations? that's all folks. 1%

That's interesting- brings new meaning to a March on Wall Street or whatever. Power to the People, and all this time we've been voting with our hands instead of our feet, LoL...

The amazing power of sound. Project yourself- you ARE energy.

Sound is how God started the universe. He simply used his voice, his WORD. You can still hear the sound in the cosmic background radiation.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Sound is how God started the universe. He simply used his voice, his WORD. You can still hear the sound in the cosmic background radiation.

"Sound" has a very specific meaning, which I think is incompatible with what you are trying to instill here. On more than one level, by the way.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Do you feel like explaining? Or perhaps you trust Google to educate such impressionable minds?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Not quite. Specifically, "sound" is what we call the waves that issue forth from a mechanical vibration. Therefore, mechanical vibration creates sound. They are not the same thing. It's a cause/effect scenario. Perhaps you meant that, but if you are out to enlighten others, it will be more helpful if you correct them correctly.

Sound is a compression wave in an elastic medium. As such, the air is vibrating. That vibration is coupled to your ear. It is a mechanical motion. EM waves are not. That simple.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join