It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Resonance Experiment!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
Did anyone else notice that 3835hz equals the Tablet of Shamash?

In fact-the guy on the right could be generating 3835hz on the device in his hand-maybe like a tuning fork,or percussion triangle .
His Cymatics machine,on the table with the large disk,is responding with the 3835hz pattern.

Thats what the image seems to be depicting.
That is amazing!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Has it occurred to anyone that this might relate to how crop circles are generated? That might explain a lot.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

In fact-the guy on the right could be generating 3835hz on the device in his hand-maybe like a tuning fork,or percussion triangle .
His Cymatics machine,on the table with the large disk,is responding with the 3835hz pattern.

Thats what the image seems to be depicting.
That is amazing!
You missed one important observation. A circle isn't the same as a square. If you used a circular disk instead of a square disk you wouldn't get the same patterns, rather they would be quite different.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Haven't read the thread, this is just a quick-fire post. Sorry if already mentioned...

But this kind of science is called Cymatics.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Geometric patterns? Childs play!

Try conjuring up tortured souls writhing in Hell in your front room...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

well thats exactly what was written inside my chinese fortune cookie.
:Sarcasm:

The height has been reached i guess. This picture for me tells nothing

--edit

and about the experiment, it is entirely a game of proper positioning of Probes and Creation of Nodes and Antinodes thats it. Was looking for something more exciting though.
edit on 9-6-2013 by konig because: Took time to buffer the video

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I apologize I did not realize that there were tons of posts like this I thought it was a very cool video and I wanted to share. As I stated in the first post I did a search in hopes of not duplicating a post. I have found the responses to be very positive and educational, sorry you feel differently.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

...yet our sensors have picked up the unique sounds of planets within our solar system, while passing by them. So yeah, they do have their own symphony happening. That sound must have made it to the Voyager spaceship somehow, thru the space between...

NASA Link

Actually, no, they haven't. You have to read the articles, not just scan for keywords with Google.

Some spacecraft have instruments capable of capturing radio emissions. When scientists convert these to sound waves, the results are eerie to hear.

Translation: this is the audio output of the radio receiver onboard.

They aren't listening out the window with a microphone. They're picking it up on the onboard radio.

You DO know how sound works, right? It requires a physical medium to propagate through. Like air. A vacuum won't do.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
How did that eerie sound recording from Saturn originate then?

Because that's not a sound recording. The article clearly states it was a radio signal that sounds spooky for kids to listen to on Halloween.

And astronauts have also reported hearing odd, 'otherworldly' sounds while in space...sound does travel in a vacuum, but in the form of other waves not sound waves.

Which ones? And no, it does not travel in a vacuum at all.

IOW, are the shapes representative of either the atomic or molecular structures of the granular material used (salt, sand, talc powder, Iron filings whatever) or maybe the material the plate is made of?

No, not at all. All a Chladni pattern does is push the material to the low energy areas on the plate. Along that area, the plate's not flexing. So the sand/flour/whatever migrates to the areas that aren't moving. It's that simple, and there's nothing else to it. The shapes are a function of the plate's shape and material characteristics, not the material.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I agree, I think the reason tesla's data was confiscated, well, one of the reasons
...was that you didn't need a bomb to bring down a building, you simply set up a vibrating sound device with the correct resonance. and you could literally "vibrate" the building into a pile of rubble.

Yeah, he said that, and also said he'd done it, but oddly, no other source corroborates it, Tesla later retracted it and his conjecture omits some really basic characteristics of resonant structures, like losses. The entire "Q" thing was sort of left out.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
An Ice cube has the best chance in hell watch the video

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
How about music by The Rings Of Saturn? And no, it's not a band.

How about it's another reception of radio noise, not sound?

Saturn is a source of intense radio emissions, which have been monitored by the Cassini spacecraft. The radio waves are closely related to the auroras near the poles of the planet. These auroras are similar to Earth's northern and southern lights. This is an audio file of radio emissions from Saturn.

Alas. NASA often popularizes stuff for neat PR announcements. One thing they like to do is play you something from the onboard radio receiver and call it 'the sounds of x'.

You can hear the same sort of thing by tuning an AM radio between stations and listening to the hiss. That's "the sound of johnson noise" or "the sound of background crap in the universe", but it's not really a "sound", it's the output of a radio receiver.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
Sound waves may not exist in a vacuum, but almost every other form of energy does! And since all energy occurs in wavelengths, it is easy to make the connection between vibration and formation.

Except that sound is a mechanical vibration, and CAN move things, a little.

EM isn't a mechanical vibration, and can't vibrate things at a macro level. Wavelength, like frequency, is one of those terms that is like color. A blue car can run you over and kill you. A blue sky can't. Blueness is shared between these two things, but it's just an attribute, it doesn't make them co-identical.

Sound has wavelength. EM has wavelength. That, like "blue", is just an attribute they share, but since it's not wavelength of the same sort of thing, it's meaningless in terms of comparison and doesn't establish a similarity of action.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes I also found that interesting like at 2:33. I presume this might be due to some slight asymmetry of the plate.

Maybe we are only seeing a portion of the pattern.
If the plate were bigger perhaps a more symmetrical pattern would develop.

Chladni plates work on harmonics - the patterns are based on fractions of the length of the plate 1/3rd 1/5th 1/4th and so on - these will be different frequencies like music notes.

Every object has particular resonance frequencies, including guitars, your ear canals, etc...
en.wikipedia.org...:Chladni_guitar.svg

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thank you for the video! Since finding the video I posted I have found so many more thanks to the information that has been provided by posters. Thanks again I really enjoy this. Now I wanna try it!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Walter Russel...

One of the lesser known, but oh so important. He changed my way of thinking forever.

I have every book he has written.

Pure Genius

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

When the walls of Jericho were mentioned it reminded me of a program on building bridges that was on tv a little while ago. Apparently when the romans marched in step over bridges they would collapse , so they had to march out of step or whatever. Then the program went on to explain that the millenium (spelling) bridge in London was swaying because of so many people were walking ( in step?) over it and they had to fix it. Beause of the vibrations? that's all folks. 1%

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
reply to post by Observationalist

Thank you for embedding the video for me

You got it, Its took me a couple tries when I first started, I used the practice thread.
A place to practice linking and embedding

I'm enthralled by this stuff too, geometry, numbers, frequencies. I wish I had this hunger to learn back in high school. Check out my Thread

edit on 10-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes I also found that interesting like at 2:33. I presume this might be due to some slight asymmetry of the plate.

Maybe we are only seeing a portion of the pattern.
If the plate were bigger perhaps a more symmetrical pattern would develop.

Chladni plates work on harmonics - the patterns are based on fractions of the length of the plate 1/3rd 1/5th 1/4th and so on - these will be different frequencies like music notes.

Every object has particular resonance frequencies, including guitars, your ear canals, etc...
en.wikipedia.org...:Chladni_guitar.svg

The link didn't work, was this what you were linking to Ernst Chladni? Interesting fellow.

Ernst Florens Friedrich Chladni (German: [ˈɛʁnst ˈfloːʁɛns ˈfʁiːdʁɪç ˈkladnɪ]; 1756–1827) was a German physicist and musician. His important works include research on vibrating plates and the calculation of the speed of sound for different gases. For this some call him the "father of acoustics".[1] He also did pioneering work in the study of meteorites, and therefore is regarded by some as the "father of meteoritics" as well.[2]

Chladni Guitar

edit on 10-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Observationalist because: Adding stuff

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by barticle
Has it occurred to anyone that this might relate to how crop circles are generated? That might explain a lot.
Crops circles are apparently made with a rope tied to a board being stomped on. I don't see how this relates to the OP video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join