It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Resonance Experiment!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I really don't understand the science behind this but it looks really neat. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I did not see it.
Amazing Resonance Experiment

I am sorry, I tried to embed the video but can't figure it out. Hopefully this will work.

If someone knows how to embed it could you please do that? Thanks!
edit on 6/8/1313 by Martin75 because: can't figure out video

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for that!

Originally posted by Martin75
I am sorry, I tried to embed the video but can't figure it out. Hopefully this will work.

How many people are going to struggle with this??
A brief google search "how to embed videos ATS" shows you how to do it, and it's so simple you'll never forget.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
I really don't understand the science behind this but it looks really neat. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I did not see it.
Amazing Resonance Experiment

This is one of my favorite things to do. I pour salt on an old bodhran drum and then just shout shapes into it. It's amazing and makes you feel like a god. Shouting things into existence is an experience that speaks to the very core of our beings.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Thanks that was amazing. Interesting that some shapes were symmetrical and some were not.

Here is the video

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the share, that is really interesting to say the least. I've heard so much about how vibrations and energy rule the world, for example that one guy from coral castle, tesla obviously new what's up with it..pretty interesting stuff here

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist

Thanks that was amazing. Interesting that some shapes were symmetrical and some were not.
Yes I also found that interesting like at 2:33. I presume this might be due to some slight asymmetry of the plate.

To the OP, that video is new to youtube but nearly identical videos if not identical have been posted here before. They often call it "cymatics" because they think that sounds cooler than "resonance", so if you search "cymatics" you might find them.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This is one of my favorite things to do. I pour salt on an old bodhran drum and then just shout shapes into it. It's amazing and makes you feel like a god. Shouting things into existence is an experience that speaks to the very core of our beings.
I've been thinking a lot lately about resonance, vibration, etc. I've actually hummed a loud note when picking up something heavy (instead of grunting, LoL) and it feels... lighter. If it's psycho-somatic, I'm ok with that too.
--Funny thing is, my inner being seems to know what note/tone to use for the task at hand.

Along the lines of 'shouting things into existence' and 'makes you feel like a god' maybe we ought take another gander at the opening scene in John... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

So yeah, sound moves stuff. Big sound must move big stuff... planets, galaxies and whatnot.

Related Tangent of Thought: What if resonance is the 'missing link' to explain gravity???

edit on 6/8/2013 by new_here because: Left out "if" in last sentence!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That experiment shows the true science of the universe.

Sound/HZ/Electric Universe.

Sonoluminescence/Cavitation.

Magnetics.

Sonoluminescence - Cavitation - NanoGeometry & The Future of Technology (See Vid Description)

I suggest watching all of this, he explains things very clearly.

And under his video, if you click on show more, he has links to many documents.

Walter Russel!

Keely's Secret!

This is the real science!

Tesla!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Cuervo

I've been thinking a lot lately about resonance, vibration, etc. I've actually hummed a loud note when picking up something heavy (instead of grunting, LoL) and it feels... lighter. If it's psycho-somatic, I'm ok with that too.
--Funny thing is, my inner being seems to know what note/tone to use for the task at hand.

Along the lines of 'shouting things into existence' and 'makes you feel like a god' maybe we ought take another gander at the opening scene in John... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

So yeah, sound moves stuff. Big sound must move big stuff... planets, galaxies and whatnot.

Related Tangent of Thought: What if resonance is the 'missing link' to explain gravity???

edit on 6/8/2013 by new_here because: Left out "if" in last sentence!

That's exactly what I meant. It's a primal call to our very origins.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Excellent! Highly complex patterns made out of chaos without the need for an intelligent designer. One more proof that a god isn't needed.

Near the end one of the images reminded me of a living cell.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Excellent! Highly complex patterns made out of chaos without the need for an intelligent designer. One more proof that a god isn't needed.

Maybe... but who/what made the sounds that set the universe in motion? I make a sound. I'm intelligent. My dog makes a sound. She's pretty smart but I can beat her at an IQ test. A bird makes a sound, and so on. Maybe an intelligent being screamed the universe into being. Just throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes I also found that interesting like at 2:33. I presume this might be due to some slight asymmetry of the plate.

Maybe we are only seeing a portion of the pattern.
If the plate were bigger perhaps a more symmetrical pattern would develop.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Maybe... but who/what made the sounds that set the universe in motion? I make a sound. I'm intelligent. My dog makes a sound. She's pretty smart but I can beat her at an IQ test. A bird makes a sound, and so on. Maybe an intelligent being screamed the universe into being. Just throwing it out there.

How about the sound of wind or of fire? There's no need for intelligence to make these sounds.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No idea but i need 2 post two more times.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

How about the sound of wind or of fire? There's no need for intelligence to make these sounds.

First off, I hope you enjoy friendly debate as much as I do. You are challenging my thinking. I like that.

So you reminded me of an article I read on a legitimate science website about atoms having 'intelligence.' Could not find the exact one, but here is this: www.sciencenews.org... 91/description/Do_subatomic_particles_have_free_will . There were others (some sites sounded bogus) when I googled "do atoms have intelligence?"

There is something about light-- sunlight, firelight- that just seem so... alive. About the wind though, seems more like the result of atoms interacting, and is a creation of theirs.

Dunno friend, but I'm literally about to fall asleep at the keyboard, so I check back tomorrow to get your thoughts.
Nighty-nite.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

or .... it was the machine elves.

McKenna's first published mention of the machine elves in his and his brother Dennis' book The Invisible Landscape (published 1975): We especially refer to the apparently autonomous and intelligent, chaotically mercurial and mischievous machine elves encountered in the trance state, strange teachers whose marvelous singing makes intricate toys out of the air and out of their own continually transforming body geometries

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

First off, I hope you enjoy friendly debate as much as I do. You are challenging my thinking. I like that.
reply to post by new_here

Not so much debates; I like having conversations where I happen to learn something. Just an hour ago I learned that my idea of 'mass' in the universe was completely wrong. I LOVE getting rid of all the wrongness in my head.

There is something about light-- sunlight, firelight- that just seem so... alive. About the wind though, seems more like the result of atoms interacting, and is a creation of theirs.

I have to admit that there have been times, in the very quiet of the day when I'm outside having a smoke, and the sun seems to have more of a presence than that of just a fiery furnace (it feels almost as if it's watching me). I chock it up to my own personal awe, but one can never tell.
edit on 6/9/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Thank you for embedding the video for me

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank you for the info. I am going to have to do some researching, this is just so neat! Thanks again

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Great video thanks for that. This particular science is called cymatics.

The powder is settling into the lowest energy points as the vibrating plate flexes so it is basically showing how the plate dissipates the energy from the vibration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join