It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy Of The State - Abuse Of The Surveillance Program On Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A whistleblower earlier today exposed that the NSA surveillance program was used to learn about Petraeus's affair and to use it against him. Although a name was not give, I suspect it was William Binney. Now if you look back to late 2012, you will recall that quite a few were concerned about this happening. So why was no one listening to William Binney in 2012? The fact that he was 100% accurate on the surveillance program proves that we need to take a closer look at everything else he has said.

This will be a continuing investigation by me so please stay tuned for updates as they become available.

December 4, 2012

Government Spies On All Americans … And Harasses Anyone On Its “Enemies List”
We’ve noted for years that national security laws are being used to stifle dissent … more than to protect us from bad guys.

We noted in 2008:

While Hoover’s FBI had its “enemies list”, and carried out numerous dirty tricks including Cointelpro, the current governmental actions are a lot worse.

For example, we’ve noted that anyone who questions government actions or policies may be labeled a potential terrorist. And we’ve also documented that spying is used to crack down on political protest.

Top NSA Spying Chief: “If You Ever Get On Their Enemies List, Like Petraeus Did, Then You Can Be Drawn Into That Surveillance

Exposure of the surveillance program on Russia Today in 2012.

Here is a transcript of the Russia Today Interview for those without video access. An interview with William Binney:

But first here is a little background on William Binney. A true American by my standards:

Binney, one of the best mathematicians and code breakers in the history of the National Security Agency, resigned in 2001. He claimed he no longer wanted to be associated with alleged violations of the Constitution, such as how the FBI engages in widespread and pervasive surveillance through powerful devices called 'Naris.'

'Everyone in US under virtual surveillance' - NSA whistleblower

WB: The FBI records the emails of nearly all US citizens, including members of congress, according to NSA whistleblower William Binney. In an interview with RT, he warned that the government can use this information against anyone.

WB: I mean if we take General Allen – thousands of his personal e-mails have been sifted through private correspondence. It’s not like any of those men was planning an attack on America. Does the scandal prove the notion that there is no such thing as privacy in a surveillance state?

WB: If you ever get on the enemies list, like Petraeus did or… for whatever reason, than you can be drained into that surveillance.

Ok I find this a bit funny.

WB: Oh, sure! I believe I’ve been on it for quite a few years. So I keep telling them everything I think of them in my email. So that when they want to read it they’ll understand what I think of them.

The possible past and potential future abuses from this program makes it crucial that it be disbanded. So who do you talk to? Obviously those in the know. Call them, email them, or if you see them on the street, let them know how you feel. And maybe even ask them why they allowed this to continue. We can add onto this list as info becomes available.

President Obama
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
NSA staff

US Senate Select Committee On Intelligence 2013-2014:
Democrats
Dianne Feinstein, California
Vice Chairman John D. Rockefeller IV,West Virginia
Ron Wyden,Oregon
Barbara A. Mikulski, Maryland
Mark Udall, Colorado
Mark Warner, Virginia
Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
Angus King, Maine

Republicans:
Chairman Saxby Chambliss, Georgia
Richard Burr, North Carolina
James E. Risch, Idaho
Daniel Coats, Indiana
Marco Rubio, Florida
Susan Collins, Maine
Tom Coburn, Oklahoma

Harry Reid, Nevada, Ex Officio
Mitch McConnell, Kentucky, Ex Officio
Carl Levin, Michigan, Ex Officio
James Inhofe, Oklahoma, Ex Officio

edit on 8-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I wouldn't be so quick to portray Betrayous as a victim...........................

Here is why.......

First a video of him introducing Henry Kissinger for the "Freedom Award"...

Secondly, it appears he is on the list as guest at the now on going Bilderberg meeting....

So was he promoted OR demoted?

It appears to me that his public humiliation was a smokescreen for greener pastures as another traitor of his own country.......

Up is down and right is wrong???? You tell me.......

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The biggest enemy the USA or for that matter any of the free world has right now, is the government of the USA itself. Any organisation prepared to inflict draconian and blanket data monitoring on the whole of its people, without thier consent or knowledge is not fit to administrate on the behalf of the people it is supposedly acting for.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Don't forget ECHLON has stations in England too so we both have an enemy.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I couldnt agree with you more.

Our nations have had a very long history of military and intelligence co-operation, which has in previous decades served us well, and could be argued to have saved the world in the past.

That this same co-operation, may have lead to a scenario which will see our governments shown up to be just as careless with our privacy and freedom, as would have been the Nazis back in the day. Oh sure, no mass burials, mass murders of the people over whom the controlers of this system have power, but there the difference ends.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The General's affair was not discovered from some NSA surveillance program. He was busted after his GF emailed threatening letters to another woman she felt intimidated by. The other woman went to the FBI and during the investigation the affair was found out through many emails.

Don't try and fear monger and get your facts straight anyway. There is no privacy issue just because there someone looks at a list of phone numbers you call. Only people that are worried are criminals.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You are all delusional to think this will make any difference. Anyone paying attention knows this story is old news. The guberment has been doing this long before O and the shrub.... ever since the invention of the telegraph. And just because the sheep now are paying attention and know about this "secret" doesn't mean the power will be given up. Any student of history knows that once the power is given.... it's NEVER given back. So even though they say it's only metadata watch what you twit and text and don't conduct your drug deals on the phone. Just like before.

top topics

join