It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

Is just a game of opportunity, see if the MSM whistle blowers put their life in danger to release the leaks, anybody else that has been under the scrutiny of the corrupted government are not going to be priority targets.

I expect anybody else that have information on the issue of spying will now have the door open to come forward and expose the issue.

Obama is one of the most hated president by the whistle blowers due to the eagerness that he shows to prosecute them for exposing corruption.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Gems of information to be found in NSA documents... I haven't read these particular documents but...

I was reading some of the NSA's released documents on the JFK assassination and came across an internal NSA memo on Oswald's best friend Pavel Golovachev.

According to Golovachev and the NSA memo, Oswald -

Bought a gun and entered a hunter's club, but he was a poor marksman. He did not attend training sessions, only the competitions. He failed to hit the target even once.

and

Was a weak man, not very bright nor very intellectual

Golovachev believed Oswald could have been involved, but if he was, he wasn't alone.

www.nsa.gov...

Sometimes these documents can hold good information, I think I would prefer if they were official releases though.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

[ex...]the docs themselves are incredibly dry and full of more acronyms than whatever presentation you should be working on.

The article's writer is not kidding.
It would be easier to read alphabet soup, unless you are up on your DoD's SOP PDQ, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just another reason for them to kick all of us off the internet in the USA...

AYNON seems more like a tool...

You know that tool that you keep around forever for that perfect moment to use....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

this is fishy as high hell.

I suspect the documents were 'hacked' a while ago. The government found out and while Anonymous was doing their 'due diligence' and redating names and such, the government went public before Anonymous was ready to do so.

It's tactics pure and simple - you are always in an offensive position if you go public first. The other party is always on the defensive after losing the initiative.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

This makes sense.

It makes more sense than anything else right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
With all the scandals popping up,IRS,Bengazi,,The media being stepped on and monitored,Verizon,Eric Holder(and just about everything he is envolved with) and all the others..

"Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents"

Seems a little too convienient.
Seems like a justification for the Govs actions as of late(which is just coming out).

Reminds me of this...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
me chinese, me play joke, me post your top secret sht all over the internet right before you try to puff up your chest in front of us like the big democrits your are

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why are you surprised?

Writing emails, posting on Facebook or Twitter, chatting on online social places, even people writing on ATS right this moment - all of that can be viewed, not only what you search on Google engine.

In fact, you are already being spied on. The question is - why do you care? If you do nothing criminal or that can compromise you, what's the big deal even if you called the president an ass?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

Exactly. I had a sense of Google doing requisite spying since 04, with extra clusters of federal involvement in 07. It it is through the browser, not the websites. It makes for a really novel variety of communication should you ever go psychic and catch them watching your monitor as if it were a tv show. All you need to do is type out some direct lines in your Google search engine. I have had two conversations with them like this. Well okay not two way, but they got something. The first time the in charge one wondered if it was worth reporting, the second time the in charge one was in denial. One day it will sink in how computers and consciousness, a glass darkly, and the observers are never immune.

Now that I have your attention, you know? Be worried when they force you onto computers.

Anon. leaks but they are essentially pulling yesterdays news out of a garbage can. Crazy skills eh? It's a vengeance hack which does not exactly counter benefit their enemies. No such thing as bad press, even for countries.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The truth is that this information is being released by the NSA itself, because after decades of listening in to everybody's conversation they haven't been able to find a single thing of use to them.

Since the collection of all this data has proven useless, why not release it, and stir up some activity that way?

If it were valuable, it would still be classified and kept secret.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I see people saying there is something at play here they can't figure out.
It is pretty easy, though. This leak (not anonymous, but the NSA scandal overall) is intentional.

This has been going on for seven years now. Of course Obama welcomes this debate! He didn't start the program, Bush did. If they can blow this up big enough, it may take attention away from the scandals on HIS door step.

This news makes me very skeptical of Anonymous.
edit on 7-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
Its as if everyone here is an idiot?
Would you be included in that assumption? Or are you somehow special? Please enlighten me.

Yeah, sure, I'm the President, didn't you know?

Seriously, don't take it personal. I simply pointed out that many ATSers in the past were more eager about information than safety. But if you wanna risk getting a spyware, go right ahead. Arbritageur kindly pointed out that there was an exe file, and in case you don't know, exe stands for executive - it's a program of unknown origin, just like viruses. You're free to ignore or consider his warning.

The files are probably harmless. But you can never be too sure. I consider my computer too valuable for me to risk it catching a virus - voluntarily.

Originally posted by JayinAR
I see people saying there is something at play here they can't figure out.
It is pretty easy, though. This leak (not anonymous, but the NSA scandal overall) is intentional.

This has been going on for seven years now. Of course Obama welcomes this debate! He didn't start the program, Bush did. If they can blow this up big enough, it may take attention away from the scandals on HIS door step.

This news makes me very skeptical of Anonymous.
edit on 7-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

edit on 7-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Could be dodgy as there is no doubt Gov't shills are running around posing as Anon because a) anyone can be Anon, and b) actual Anon members have been arrested and turned to the dark dark dark side.

That said, it makes perfect sense Anon released this info in response to PRISM. I would expect more to come from Anon in the future.

Remember kids, if it's connected to the internet it's NOT safe.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. I think they have been created to justify the clampdown on "internet terrorism" aka free speech and the free flow of information.

edit on 7-6-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Why blow the whistle on themselves though? If anon is govt sponsored, why not just have anon release it and say... 'Yes this is the problem, we must clamp down'.
There is something to this that I am not able to understand yet.
edit on 7-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Actually, didn't the Gov't blow the whistle on itself in the first place? Whistle blower from an inside who remains anonymous still (tee hee)?

edit on 7-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow!! I am beginning to feel so much safer now knowing that our gracious government is working so hard to protect me that I'm going to start leaving all my doors and windows unlocked. Heck, I should even be safe enough to leave them wide open,,,even while I'm not home!!!! C'mon everyone,,let's show our support and toss our keys in the trash,,dismantle our alarms keep our cars unlocked and relish in the fact that we are safe now from any threat that might come our way! Boy, I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't know, Anon kinda reminds me of "wikileaks" nothing really earth shattering every comes out. Kinda makes you think that these are organized by elements from within the Gov for whatever reason. Unless, something really earth shattering comes about, its just another useless leak of info that serves no real value or purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"anoymous" couldn't leak FA.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
I don't know, Anon kinda reminds me of "wikileaks" nothing really earth shattering every comes out. Kinda makes you think that these are organized by elements from within the Gov for whatever reason. Unless, something really earth shattering comes about, its just another useless leak of info that serves no real value or purpose.

Wikileaks = International political most embarrassing videos and documents.
Anonymous = International whoopee cushion.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
These leaked documents must have touched a nerve already. Mark Zuckerberg went online few hours ago and posted in the regard denying any involvement in the so called Prism. But according to all the followers of the post, the majority has expressed a great disbelief on his statement

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join