It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+118 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

gizmodo.com

In the wake of last night’s revelation that everyone in the world has a creepy NSA-shaped stalker, defenders of online liberty and generally angry internet people Anonymous have leaked a treasure trove of NSA documents, including seriously important stuff like the US Department of Defense’s ‘Strategic Vision’ for controlling the internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/7/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

+67 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The documents — 13 in total — were posted online, along with an accompanying message full of the normal Anonymous bluster: people won’t be silenced, they have the memory of trivia-master elephants, the governments of the world will fall, your average press release really.

So, Anonymous has just leaked a bunch of documents in retaliation to the revelations that the NSA has been spying on us all. The documents relate mostly to PRISM, an intelligence gathering operation which includes Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and other renowned companies.

Firstly though, here is the press release from Anonymous:

http:///MPpT7xaf

And here are some of the documents as leaked by Anonymous:

thedocs.hostzi.com...

It is interesting to see them doing this stuff again...

EDIT: ATS won't let me paste the first link. You will be able to access the above links through the Gizmodo website however.

gizmodo.com
edit on 7-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Isn't this going to make them a top priority for our wonderful government? I hope they are very careful, because I can see the government making arrests and making a big deal of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ahhh, that might explain why this is suddenly news...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

this is fishy as high hell.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. I think they have been created to justify the clampdown on "internet terrorism" aka free speech and the free flow of information.

edit on 7-6-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. I think they have been created to justify the clampdown on "internet terrorism" aka free speech and the free flow of information.

and whats the bet this will now shift to "see we told you guys! now its out there look whats happened! these evil anon guys have leaked all this info thats going to get millions of americans killed because of them terrorists!, we told you to keep it secret for a reason!"

then like you said will put bigger clampdowns into place because of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why blow the whistle on themselves though? If anon is govt sponsored, why not just have anon release it and say... 'Yes this is the problem, we must clamp down'.
There is something to this that I am not able to understand yet.
edit on 7-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Right, because the government WANTS the people to completely distrust everything they do, right?

Obama could really use some negative publicity right now, and GCHQ doesn't have enough to do in the wake of Lee Rigby's death that they NEED the attention of the entire public on them.

Unless you can offer some evidence for you belief that this is "fishy" (or even some common sense, for that matter) I'm gonna go with the US being caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Me too, thats why its just a hunch for now.
Anonymous just seems a bit too convenient right now. I cant put my finger on it..YET.
But Im watching closely.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I don't see arrests happening at all. I see them finding out who and where they are located and silencing them all the while we assume anonymous just disappeared off the grid. Our government is a scary and I cant believe the stuff that happens in this world un noticed.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Right, because the government WANTS the people to completely distrust everything they do, right?

Obama could really use some negative publicity right now, and GCHQ doesn't have enough to do in the wake of Lee Rigby's death that they NEED the attention of the entire public on them.

Unless you can offer some evidence for you belief that this is "fishy" (or even some common sense, for that matter) I'm gonna go with the US being caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Heres a hypothetical scenario.....

Maybe people like David Icke, Alex Jones and the rise of the "conspiracy theorist" and now Anonymous are simply doing a job which is to sow the seeds of discontent and actually create a revolution, it wouldnt be the first time.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe people like David Icke, Alex Jones and the rise of the "conspiracy theorist" and now Anonymous are simply doing a job which is to sow the seeds of discontent and actually create a revolution, it wouldnt be the first time.

And what would be the purpose of creating a revolution? If that were the case don't you think that would have happened by now and that there would be far easier ways to do it?

A revolution in the USA would sink the $ overnight, the markets would crash, thousands of those elites we all know rule everything would be almost destitute within days.

I often see these fantasies being raised on ATS, but there never seems to be any actual thought behind them, other than the lust for excitement. Offer me some logic and reason for these things to happen and then maybe I could see some point to it, but just suggesting there's a manufactured revolution is based in nothing but brainfarts.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

And what would be the purpose of creating a revolution? If that were the case don't you think that would have happened by now and that there would be far easier ways to do it?

A revolution in the USA would sink the $ overnight, the markets would crash, thousands of those elites we all know rule everything would be almost destitute within days.

I often see these fantasies being raised on ATS, but there never seems to be any actual thought behind them, other than the lust for excitement. Offer me some logic and reason for these things to happen and then maybe I could see some point to it, but just suggesting there's a manufactured revolution is based in nothing but brainfarts.

And what would set the scene to implement a new global philosophy out of the ashes better than that.
Its how communism took over the USSR, its how the capitalist ideology was released onto the western world after WW2 and also the birth of the UN(wasnt that supposed to end all war). Also notice the use of the carefully placed word..."Maybe" and "hypothetical scenario" before everything I said.
I was speaking hypothetically. Examining a possibility so to speak. And like I said at the end, its not like they havent done it before.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

BREAKING: Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

gizmodo.com

In the wake of last night’s revelation that everyone in the world has a creepy NSA-shaped stalker, defenders of online liberty and generally angry internet people Anonymous have leaked a treasure trove of NSA documents, including seriously important stuff like the US Department of Defense’s ‘Strategic Vision’ for controlling the internet.

Fair play to Anonymous for this. I wouldn't ordinarily support or encourage such behaviour but it seems the NSA started it.

As for Obama - you'd have to be an idiot to still support this duplicitous crook.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I went through all the pdf's quickly and I don't really see anything earth-shaking here.

For example one illustration shows how a unit that runs low on ammo will be resupplied, checking inventory, etc. It looks like a bunch of stuff to run defense more efficiently, and provide an effective communication network.

The only thing that looked even slightly sensitive was the spies list but the first thing you see is a lot of people saying they aren't spies, and the list includes companies that are just trying to make a buck by selling stuff to the NSA. It might be spying related technology or whatever but still that doesn't mean the guys making the hardware and software are themselves spies.

Despite the grandiose-sounding announcement from anonymous, it's not as grandiose as they make it out to be in my opinion. Maybe I'll discover something when I read more later.

Also, be careful of the download links folks. The first mirror link tried to install some exe file, probably some kind of downloader that we don't want, I presume that might include "spyware" or something, LOL. Then I tried the last one and it worked fine, it was just a zip file.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy

I've been thinking about it. The only answer that makes sense is that Anon is a device to replace massive round up. Instead of spending money at law enforcement and round up all dissidents, they would just send Anon to promote bloody revolution and thus reduce population to low level of technology and defence. Then the people won't be able to revolutionize again - this revolution Anon is pushing us into will be the last, and the Elite would still win at the end.

edit on 7-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Also, be careful of the download links folks. The first mirror link tried to install some exe file, probably some kind of downloader that we don't want, I presume that might include "spyware" or something, LOL. Then I tried the last one and it worked fine, it was just a zip file.

That's right. But remember Arbritageur, they're ATSers... They'd probably click on anything marked "gov"...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

See, I think they would make arrests, just to go on and on again about how dangerous hackers are, how we need tighter internet security, we're going to make a big show out of making an example of these internet terrorist..... Blah Blah Blah....
Anything for them to tighten the grip. I didn't really make it clear where I was going with my first post. but I can see the government using this hack to their full advantage.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

That's right. But remember Arbritageur, they're ATSers... They'd probably click on anything marked "gov"...

Are we not ALL ATS'ers?
Such a condescending tone in your post. Its as if everyone here is an idiot?
Would you be included in that assumption? Or are you somehow special? Please enlighten me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join