It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Just Leaked a Trove of NSA Documents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE
Anonymous did not just leak a trove of NSA documents.
These documents are mainly just DoD Whitepapers talking about the implementation and transition to an improved intranet.
The INSA spies document you can get from cryptome.org, and even that's just talking about the National Security Alliance (**not** the NSA).

This whole thing is either a scam or 200% proof that Anon is, today, nothing more than a psy-op to reassure the non-tech-savvy majority that the l33t hackers are fighting back so they can just go back to watching Cop Rock or American Idol, or whatever it is these days~

~E.C.

I keep seeing this in post after post....we all are watching American Idol, a talent show for singers....in 2011, at the peak, it was 9.2% of adults, or 29.7 million. and this is compiled by the neilsen company, which counts every person...(if one adult is watching in the same house, but the other adult happens to walk by and look at the show for a few minutes, that is counted as two people watching)
this also means that more than 90% of Americans DON'T WATCH IT when it was at it's peak in 2011.
and I didn't know that watching a talent show for singers means that a person is mentally retarded, dumb, or brain dead to anything else going on in the world, it's entertainment shown at night, that's it.
www.hollywoodreporter.com...
edit on 8-6-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Update: As several have pointed out below, the papers Anonymous "leaked" were already publicly available. It's since been reported that the US does, in fact, share PRISM information with UK intelligence officials.

nothing to see here,,,,, move on people

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Only when data passes through a server based in the US; someone set up a Google alternative in Vanuatu.

If you set up that server in Vanuatu, "US person" information, with the vestigial legal protections that status has, becomes "foreign intelligence," and is fair game for SIGINT collection without a FISA warrant.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

WARNING TO ALL:

Stay the hell out of Gizmodo, if you mind about your personal security, or use online privacy measures.

The site is run by NSA collaborators, who potentially are secret agents themselves. Don't go there without a proxy or Tor. That's not the first time they're doing high-risk articles to entrap web users.

Don't be childish and stupid, protect yourself. The NSA IS tracking you.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

this is fishy as high hell.

Or....maybe anonymous threatened to leak the docs so the government leaked it to the media first to preempt the inevitable.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Originally posted by rayuki
this seems so damn dodgy. the MSM report about this stuff, THEN anon release it? more and more ANON looking like a shill for the government if not the NSA themselves.

obviously there is an agenda here with them bringing it out in the open then all of a sudden less then a day later ANON go "oh hey guys heres some docs we just hacked!" yeah right

this is fishy as high hell.

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. I think they have been created to justify the clampdown on "internet terrorism" aka free speech and the free flow of information.

edit on 7-6-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Why blow the whistle on themselves though? If anon is govt sponsored, why not just have anon release it and say... 'Yes this is the problem, we must clamp down'.
There is something to this that I am not able to understand yet.
edit on 7-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Okay... let's assume for a minute that ANON is a front for some deep / high govt agency. They release some into about PRISM etc, which would normally get the public speculating. Then this "bane-of-their-existence hacker group" comes out with some documents they "hacked," releasing them to the public.

And these documents show what, exactly?

That they have some net-related operations (written in government-ese). No bombshell, other than what we've already been told, pretty much. By impliction this should mean either they're not up to anything super dirty, or otherwise anon was not able to access the really juicy dirt. The first, of course, being an implication the govt would want to encourage.

Just a thought....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

The NSA IS tracking you.

At this point, they are tracking everyone, regardless. Really, do you think it mames any difference?

They most likely know every one of us here.

It's all just smoke and mirrors, at this point.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by Echtelion

The NSA IS tracking you.

At this point, they are tracking everyone, regardless. Really, do you think it mames any difference?

They most likely know every one of us here.

It's all just smoke and mirrors, at this point.

Agreed smoke and mirrors - but a dual purpose -- trying to awaken people. I'm not sure if they want an incitement yet, or are outwards being provocative, but things do seem to be accelerating.

I'm still waiting for Anon to do something history changing, this isn't it, nor anything else so far.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Its also believe that they were following people with "special skills".

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
reply to post by daaskapital

WARNING TO ALL:

Stay the hell out of Gizmodo, if you mind about your personal security, or use online privacy measures.

The site is run by NSA collaborators, who potentially are secret agents themselves. Don't go there without a proxy or Tor. That's not the first time they're doing high-risk articles to entrap web users.

Don't be childish and stupid, protect yourself. The NSA IS tracking you.

@jimmyx: Off-topic, mate. Go watch the show, if you like it – we're only here once...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What a boring read these documents are. Much ado about nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For those who are having difficulty reading through all the technical jargon of these kind of document here is a link to the pdf glossary

Net-Centric. The ability to provide a framework for full human and technical connectivity and
interoperability that allows all DoD users and mission partners to share the information they need, when
they need it, in a form they can understand and act on with confidence, and protects information from
those who should not have it. (Joint Capability Areas Taxonomy & Lexicon, 15 Jan 2008)
Network Operations (NetOps). Activities conducted to operate and defend the Global Information Grid.
(JP 1-02 & JP 6-0)

Nickname. A combination of two separate unclassified words that is assigned an unclassified meaning
and is employed only for unclassified administrative, morale, or public information purposes. (JP 1-02 and
DoD 5200.1-R, Information Security Program, Jan 1997) Also see codeword.

Non Attributable Internet Access. Use of a commercial internet service provider to access publicly
available information on the internet while protecting the unit’s U.S. government affiliation, disclosing
essential elements of friendly information, or exposing U.S. government information systems to intrusion
or manipulation. (AR 381-20, Army CI Program, 25 May 2010)
www.fas.org

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The documents — 13 in total — were posted online, along with an accompanying message full of the normal Anonymous bluster: people won’t be silenced, they have the memory of trivia-master elephants, the governments of the world will fall, your average press release really.

So, Anonymous has just leaked a bunch of documents in retaliation to the revelations that the NSA has been spying on us all. The documents relate mostly to PRISM, an intelligence gathering operation which includes Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and other renowned companies.

Firstly though, here is the press release from Anonymous:

http:///MPpT7xaf

And here are some of the documents as leaked by Anonymous:

thedocs.hostzi.com...

It is interesting to see them doing this stuff again...

EDIT: ATS won't let me paste the first link. You will be able to access the above links through the Gizmodo website however.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

The Doc linked here was already public record. no big leak there.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
What a boring read these documents are. Much ado about nothing.

Could you elaborate on that, just a little even. All documents are boring to somebody, but all documents are important to those who wrote them.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of boomerang traffic? If I, living in Toronto, visit the hockey hall of fame website, located in Toronto, logic dictates that the data packets should go strait there, right? Not so! Apparently internet exchange points in Chicago and San Francisco handles a great deal of the internet traffic in Canada. The catch - once those packets enter another nations territory, they are subject to their internet laws. Which basically means, an unknown quantity of my internet activity (and that of other Canadians) is subject to NSA oversight.

Who wudda thunk it!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Privacy is effectively a 20th century concept like the steam engine” Richard Aldrich International security professor

Google says the government has 'no access' to servers

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Privacy is effectively a 20th century concept like the steam engine” Richard Aldrich International security professor

The Director of National Intelligence has come out and said that the internet service providers were informed.

Clapper said the data collection under the program, first unveiled by the newspapers The Washington Post and The Guardian, was with the approval of the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Court and with the knowledge of Internet service providers. He emphasized that the government does not act unilaterally to obtain that data from the servers of those providers.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

And all of the companies came out with basically the same reply that Google did, they are most likely not allowed to tell the truth about it, due to the fact that the info about the project is classified.
edit on 9-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

every time I hear the word ECHELON I always think back to deus ex 1, be ironic if anon turned out to be a rogue AI like daedulus / icarus

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

This does make a lot of sense. The other thing that occurred to me is that if I were a whistleblower of any sort, I would time my release of information when I thought it would do the most good - when the people were ready or when somebody else had opened the door. I think that is a possible explanation for why some of these releases seem planned or staged. And maybe whistleblowers like to support each other when they can.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

I believe that. The data is likely pipelined off the servers to their data centers - there it is stored and analyzed. They probably do not directly access the servers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join