It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints Susan Rice as National Security Advisor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
CNN - Obamas National Security Advisor Resigns - Rice to Step In

Susan Rice, United States ambassador to the United Nations, will replace Tom Donilon as President Barack Obama's national security adviser, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Looks like she's getting paid off for her 'lie to the USA about Benghazi' tour of the talk shows.
She doesn't need senate confirmation. (good thing for her .. bad for the USA)

So this woman who was the good soldier for the 'most transparent administration in history' ( :shk: ) and lied to the American people over and over about Benghazi, is now our National Security Advisor. I'm sure we will all sleep better at night knowing she's in DC advising the administration on National Security matters. (Major sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What is it with Obama and this woman? Is she a lost relative? A mistress?? She lies to the world repeatedly about Libya and that qualifies her for a big promotion to the inner, inner circle?? Wow... Priorities in this White House scare the hell out of me sometimes.

Anyone else know what in this woman's past would qualify her to be National Security Advisor during war, to the most powerful leader in the world? I'm really REALLY missing her bonafides here or something? I don't recall anything remotely like it during her general media grilling over the outright lies re: Benghazi. Obviously, those events are totally meaningless to everyone up there, as well.

My respect, if it's possible, keeps dropping more and more all the time with Obama. His judgment is really ...unsound.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What is it with Obama and this woman? Is she a lost relative? A mistress?? (

Seriously. She lied over and over to the American people. Then when she got called out on it, Obama demanded that the Republicans apologize to her for calling her out on her lies. :shk: I have a suspicion on why he keeps promoting her and keeps her around ... but I have no proof and only speculation on my suspicion so I'll keep that to myself for now.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Don't you just love politics?

This is exactly how it works though at the top. Kiss arse and lie a lot and get rewarded, same everywhere.
Once you know too much, you either get disposed of, or get promoted because they all know that if one falls, they'll squeal for a plea deal and take everyone else with them.
That's why the Too Big To Fail banks avoid prosecution and jail time for their execs, because they know where a lot of bodies are buried and have enough information to put people away for a very long time.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What is it with Obama and this woman? Is she a lost relative? A mistress?? She lies to the world repeatedly about Libya and that qualifies her for a big promotion to the inner, inner circle?? Wow... Priorities in this White House scare the hell out of me sometimes.

Anyone else know what in this woman's past would qualify her to be National Security Advisor during war, to the most powerful leader in the world? I'm really REALLY missing her bonafides here or something? I don't recall anything remotely like it during her general media grilling over the outright lies re: Benghazi. Obviously, those events are totally meaningless to everyone up there, as well.

My respect, if it's possible, keeps dropping more and more all the time with Obama. His judgment is really ...unsound.

It's pretty simple really.

All she had to do to get this position was do exactly what Obama and his administration told her to do without hesitation, personal judgement or input.

This is Obama's way of trying to make it up to her for her unconditional commitment to him.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
All she had to do to get this position was do exactly what Obama and his administration told her to do without hesitation, personal judgement or input.

Hope and change you can believe in. Gotta' dig that 'transparency', eh? I agree with you. This is payoff for doing exactly what Obama said to do ... even though it was dead wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The way the incompetence of the U.S. Government keeps dropping over the decades, who's next?

Honey Boo-boo? Snooky? The latest winner of Survivor? Lindsey Lohan?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well the qualifications for this job are fairly simple.

You want somebody with access to reliable information and quickly and you also want someone you trust.

Rice probably proved herself with the Libya affair so it makes sense. You can disagree with her involvement but she probably does fulfill the requirements.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am curious what job Donilon's wife could possibly have that trumps his position as Nat Sec Advisor to the most powerful office in the world.
He is apparently resigning because she has been transferred overseas and doesn't want her to go without him..
Yeah......riiiight
edit on 5-6-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yeah, her info about the Benghazi affair was TOTALLY reliable.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I wondered about that as well. I"m wondering if back room deals and perhaps some Chicago style thuggery made room for Rice to be promoted to National Security Advisor. It seems odd how the vacancy happened. It COULD be legit .. but it just seems odd to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

She may have actually had the correct information..we don't know.

How they acted on it may be an entirely different matter. The NSA is just that..a person that gives advice to the President...they have no function other than that really.

The President will want someone he trusts in that position....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We either have someone who lied to the media about Benghazi knowingly.

Or we have someone incompetent, who is so out of touch with their superiors they unknowingly lied.

Either way...

I don't know whether to laugh at the absurdity of the whole situation, or be pissed off about it.

Getting angry won't do anything, though not doing anything and watching these things continue to happen is as bad as doing the the deed myself

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

She may have actually had the correct information..we don't know. .

Sure we know. Her information was dead wrong. We The People knew it from day one ... even though the Obama administration and Susan Rice were pushing something totally different. Now, because the American people didn't buy their agenda ridden bunk, they admit that what they were pushing was wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I'd have hoped that real world experience or at least heavy academic background to the likely topics to be faced would be a very large part of it as well. Past ones, as I seem to recall, have had working or professional backgrounds to support their position.

It's not like this is a cushy and meaningless job slot to fill as a political favor like..say...the Ambassador to the Bahamas or some such thing.

People will actually live and die, in part, by the advice this woman dispenses and based on her judgement. Meetings and briefings she'll attend or lead and then convey the contents of to Obama with recommendations will shape US policy where it matters most and people are hit the hardest (no pun intended)..

Now I did a little looking here..and goodness.. She does at least have some background. I'm afraid, it's done nothing but make me feel worse.

Rice attended National Cathedral School, a prep academy in Washington, D.C. She excelled in academics, becoming her class valedictorian, and showed her aptitude in the politic realm as president of the student council. She also loved athletics, competing in three different sports, and became a star point guard on the basketball team.

Who can argue with qualifications like that? Student Coucil President!

Oh but of course, that was my light hearted part...it gets worse.

After she received her bachelor's degree in history in 1986, she went on to attend University of Oxford in Oxfordshire, England. Here she earned her M.Phil and D.Phil in international relations, and wrote a dissertation that examined Rhodesia's transition from white rule. Her paper won the Royal Commonwealth Society's Walter Frewen Lord Prize for outstanding research in the field of Commonwealth History, as well as the Chatham House-British International Studies Association Prize for the most distinguished doctoral dissertation in the United Kingdom in the field of International Relations.
Source

Ah-Ha! We have a real, honest to God paper from this one to look at that wasn't sealed or hidden away....although it should have been for what it says about HER judgement, IMO. So what does her brilliant dissertation about Robert Mugabe say regarding the transition of Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) from 'White Rule'?

In a 1990 dissertation while she was at Oxford, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice praised the 1979-1980 British peacekeeping operation that led to the rule of Zimbabwean dictator, Robert Mugabe, as “a model and a masterpiece in the evolution of international peacekeeping” missions while journalists on the ground were condemning Mugabe’s mass murder of political opponents and dictatorial control.
Source

Oh what insight. Oh what research. Oh hell..we're in trouble!

Of course, there is hope! She has a hubby she can fall back on with what probably amounts to as much real world experience in foreign matters as she has.

She finished her schooling in 1990, and started work as an international management consultant at McKinsey & Company in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. On Septmber 12, 1992, she married her Stanford romantic interest, Ian Cameron, who was working as a television producer in Toronto for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
(First link above for source)

Ahhh..... Now I think I see the connection that matter so much, eh?

Wait...there's yet more!

If Susan E. Rice becomes Secretary of State, she might have to recuse herself from one of the first and most controversial decisions she would face: the Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

The reason: Rice and her husband are major shareholders in the pipeline company as well as a variety of Canadian companies that are involved in exploiting the oil sands region of Alberta, which would feed the Keystone XL and benefit from a new outlet.
Source

That's what's always interesting about the Obama White House. Just when you think you've seen it all? Oh, wait moment and dig a little more. It's bound to be even worse.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

She may have actually had the correct information..we don't know.

We DO know she had the wrong info. She stated repeatedly that the whole Benghazi affair was incited by the rioting in Egypt over the YouTube video, which we all now know was pure fiction.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

I would assume that when the Libya thing blew up that it was Rice who gathered all the information and presented it to Obama. He probably asked her what options were available and they came up with the "lie" as the best course of action.....Obama doesn't really want to throw Hillary under the bus.

Rice told the "lie" to the American public and eventually got nailed on it but her strategy worked overall. The administration basically escaped, so far, any lasting damage from it.

People like this are who you want advising you......it screwed over the populace but in a different situation where you are dealing with international politics it is this way of thinking that puts America over the top.

Kind of a hard one to disagree with.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I get a mental image of Obama thumbing his nose at the GOP while dropping his pants and mooning the country as a whole. Not a pretty picture.
Least transparent and most clandestine administration EVER. And probably the most corrupt.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama is surrounding himself with people he can trust.

NOT
The best qualified to do the job.

Does anyone one else see the difference and the impact that it may have?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

People will actually live and die, in part, by the advice this woman dispenses and based on her judgement.

You nailed it. Exactly. And her judgement to date has been less then stellar. Not to mention the fact that she's totally untrustworthy. The question all Americans should ask themselves .. why did Obama make room for her and promote her to this position? Answer .. it wasn't because of 'hope and change and transparency'.

He treats Eric Holder the same way. Keeps him around. Talks him up.
What is it about these people? Good soldiers? Yes men/women?
hmmm ....
They are lousy liars. We the People can see right through them.
So WHY keep them around and promote them ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join