It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints Susan Rice as National Security Advisor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah, right away it's intel's fault. Typical.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Samantha Power is married to Cass Sustein. Wonderful. This is a commie lovefest happening in the WH.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You guys are exactly like robots. I knew who would be posting here and exactly what they'd say.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
CNN - Obamas National Security Advisor Resigns - Rice to Step In

Susan Rice, United States ambassador to the United Nations, will replace Tom Donilon as President Barack Obama's national security adviser, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Looks like she's getting paid off for her 'lie to the USA about Benghazi' tour of the talk shows.
She doesn't need senate confirmation. (good thing for her .. bad for the USA)

So this woman who was the good soldier for the 'most transparent administration in history' ( :shk: ) and lied to the American people over and over about Benghazi, is now our National Security Advisor. I'm sure we will all sleep better at night knowing she's in DC advising the administration on National Security matters. (Major sarcasm)

Hen house, meet Ms. Fox.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You guys are exactly like robots. I knew who would be posting here and exactly what they'd say.

Barrack? Is that you, bro?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Congratulations to Susan Rice and Samantha Power.

Let me know when you guys find something valid to bitch about.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

We say the same thing about the Obots.
We know who they are and we know what they will deflect with.
edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Stupid internet....I will have to rewrite it all...

Anyway, while I do, enjoy this quote by Mrs. Rice:

“If we use the word ‘genocide’ and are seen as doing nothing, what will be the effect on the November [congressional] election?”
-- This is 1995 by the way....

and then contrast it to her back peddling:

"I swore to myself that if I ever faced such a crisis again, I would come down on the side of dramatic action, going down in flames if that was required."

Fast forward to Benghazi --

What did she do? Tow the line for yet another politically expedient answer. Your National Security Adviser -- Mrs. Susan Rice.
edit on 5-6-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Congratulations to Susan Rice and Samantha Power.

Let me know when you guys find something valid to bitch about.

Let me know when you have something constructive or even remotely critically thought out to "bitch" about. Do you think Susan Rice is a valid person to be in the National Secruity Adviser position, given her political pandering to the Rwanda Genocide under President Clinton or her role as chief cheerleader during President Obama?

Do you think Samantha Power, once critical of Rice for the above, is now going to be a U.N. Ambassador? You don't want your Government to reach outside of the inner-circle? Just rotate out people who are one in the same?

I'll "bitch" as long as I like for this nonsense.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Let me know when you have something constructive or even remotely critically thought out to "bitch" about. Do you think Susan Rice is a valid person to be in the National Secruity Adviser position, given her political pandering to the Rwanda Genocide under President Clinton or her role as chief cheerleader during President Obama?

Yes.

Do you think Samantha Power, once critical of Rice for the above, is now going to be a U.N. Ambassador?

Yes.

You don't want your Government to reach outside of the inner-circle?

Yes.

Just rotate out people who are one in the same?

No.

I'll "bitch" as long as I like for this nonsense.

OK.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So what? What difference does it make if susan rice is national security advisor or Tom Donilon ? She is the only one lying in the obama administration? Unless you lie you don't make it high up and if you stop lying then you are forced to resign.

Republicans do the same thing.
edit on 5/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yes.

Care to expound on all those yes remarks; I will even number them for you?

1:Why do you think she, Susan Rice, is qualified?

2: Do you think it is pertinent to know that she urged then President Clinton to consider the political implications of not calling the actual genocide in Rwanda, a "genocide"; in fear of how it might swing mid-term elections?

3: After that "gaffe", Susan Rice said she would approach such situations differently and with full effect regardless of her job. Do you think she did so when she made the rounds on the Sunday talk-shows saying it was nothing but a 'spontaneous' gathering based on a 'YouTube' video on that fateful morning of September 2012?

4: You have no interest how Samantha Power, a once vivacious critic of Susan Rice, is now being nominated to U.N. Ambassador?

5: Does it even pique your interest to know that Mrs. Power is married to Cass Susstien?

6: Are you even going to attempt these questions?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Well how about Brennan. Osama grabbed his wife and used her as a shield. And he was quickly corrected by multiple people. And did he get kicked out because he lied? I think he got a new job. CIA where he is allowed to do what he seemed good at. Coming up with lies at the drop of a hat.

I guess Republicans are to good to lie.

edit on 5-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
6: Are you even going to attempt these questions?

No.

My point is that you can cherry pick and play the sound-bite game with any and all of this stuff. Do I think that these 2 people are qualified for these positions? I suspect so - they're obviously intelligent, well-educated and have plenty of experience in the respective areas. Do I agree 100% with everything they've done and said in the past? No, I suspect not - but I'm willing to bet that *most* of what they've done and said has shown pretty good, sound judgement and was generally well received. Do I think they're evil and are setting out to somehow destroy America? Obviously not - but based on some of the reactions, you'd think that that is the case.

I'll be honest - you obviously know more about their past and feel stronger about these appointments than I do, but I will tell you this - 1 month or even 1 week from now, they will be doing their job, you won't know they're doing their job because they will be doing it well, and this latest "scandal" and "outrage" directed towards Obama will be forgotten and largely inconsequential, and, as usual, not nearly the negative event that you all are trying to make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why do we the people put up with criminals and liars allowing them to "run" our country? Wtf is it gonna take before we stop this?

Everyone who supports Washington DC will hopefully feel embarrassed for doing so one day.

Jeeeeezus....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by Elostone
reply to post by Hopechest

Yeah, her info about the Benghazi affair was TOTALLY reliable.

She may have actually had the correct information..we don't know.

How they acted on it may be an entirely different matter. The NSA is just that..a person that gives advice to the President...they have no function other than that really.

The President will want someone he trusts in that position....

What correct information? You talking about her original story that Benghazi was overrun by angry Libyans upset over a stupid movie? Ummm, too be fair, she probably didn't know much because she is clearly just a stooge but her superiors absolutely knew for a fact angry Libyans did not attack that US compound and that it was terrorists, well armed and coordinated terrorists. She sucks because she doesn't question and just does what shes told, which is obvious and absolutely why she got promoted.

They can't have people who are capable of critical thinking working for them, that would ruin everything.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

No.

Okay

My point is that you can cherry pick and play the sound-bite game with any and all of this stuff. Do I think that these 2 people are qualified for these positions? I suspect so - they're obviously intelligent, well-educated and have plenty of experience in the respective areas.

I didn't cherry pick anything. I pointed out some pretty relevant portions of her past as it related to the present. That is called 'thinking things through' and 'research'. I never questioned their intelligence but I do question my President's appointments; Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and now Obama. It is called self-governing and is a major part of being involved in a Republic.

Do I agree 100% with everything they've done and said in the past? No, I suspect not - but I'm willing to bet that *most* of what they've done and said has shown pretty good, sound judgement and was generally well received. Do I think they're evil and are setting out to somehow destroy America? Obviously not - but based on some of the reactions, you'd think that that is the case.

Did I ever claim they would "destroy America" or is that supposition? Regardless of if you are comfortable, you lambasted into the thread declaring it was all bluster. Then, in what is amounting to be a response with a lot of words and nothing to say, you made no poignant claims of such.

I'll be honest - you obviously know more about their past and feel stronger about these appointments than I do, but I will tell you this - 1 month or even 1 week from now, they will be doing their job, you won't know they're doing their job because they will be doing it well, and this latest "scandal" and "outrage" directed towards Obama will be forgotten and largely inconsequential, and, as usual, not nearly the negative event that you all are trying to make it out to be.

One, it took me all of 30 minutes to get nearly all the relevant information I presented. I know it is hard to use that grey matter, but it comes in handy. Two, you don't know me so don't begin to assume that in "1 month or even 1 week from now", that I will not be on their heals; just like ever other nonsense appointee that this administration has made and others have made before them.

You declaring that it is inconsequential is about the most laughable part of my day. Good evening sir/madam.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They just changed the rules of the game. I wish I knew what they were. Something about a picture frame on a wall on the oval office lifting up and a retina scanner where the President gets a daily digest. Yes you are still alive, yes you still have a private guard and a personal taster, I need clearance for a private jet and 150 more cyber spies for the good citizen program. Don't drink the water in (city redacted by the new kahuna), and there are (number redacted) new cases of SARS. We need you to sign this thing for more drones and I think my political competition is an agent from another country, so axe him.

...aaaand now I am on a list. It's like I can feel the not-care of the new person in charge. Brings new meaning to die in a fire sentiments.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh great, a strong confident black women has been appointed.

This should go down well.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I heard on the radio today that it does not require a Senate confirmation, so it's a way to keep her in the loop of a rogue government admin without having to get the permission of the Senate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join