It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British have invaded nine out of ten countries.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

British have invaded nine out of ten countries - so look out Luxembourg.

A new study has found that at various times the British have invaded almost 90 per cent of the countries around the globe. The analysis of the histories of the almost 200 countries in the world found only 22 which have never experienced an invasion by the British.

"The empire on which the sun never sets". Ahhh, so glorious, so proud.

Which is probably how its portrayed in their history books as opposed to a government and by extension a people who thought they were entitled to invade, attack, occupy and subjugate the rest of the globe.

1776 was the year that we in the US fought these occupiers and finally won our independence from a government who sought to over tax, over regulate and control us (sounds oddly familiar...).

Others werent as fortunate. It was just 1947 when the Indians gained their independence.

But thats the past. Lets be positive and look to the future. Wait, never-mind...

US, UK and France attack Libya.

Seems a bit ironic if you ask me. Here is a nation which (at one time or another) thought nothing of invading, attacking and occupying the entire globe yet they're really upset by foreigners who have entered their nation legally...

Karma anyone?

To be honest, you Brits should be thankful. IMHO, youre gettin' off easy.

edit on 4-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

1776 was the year that we in the US fought these occupiers

Native American are you?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'll say what I've said every other time this has been posted.

'So close to getting the whole set...so, so close'.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So someone British got your wick up today and you decided that you would contribute to YET another Brit and/or European bashing thread which will lead to certain members within our community having a verbal scrap again?

Well done.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 4-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The anti Iraq 'war' protest in London was the biggest demonstration in the uk - EVER.
It is not the British people who have invaded other Countries, it's the British Governments, but the British people -whatever their creed, nationality or what have you, are the ones who suffer. Whether because of dead loved ones who have been sent to fight, or Civilians who have died because of the gvt. aggression.
That said, Britain was a bit quicker than America when it came to fighting Hitler, and Britain was at the forefront of the abolition of slavery.
I think you could do with smoking a (peace) pipe.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Point taken. Bro, I'm a fair guy, I can admit whats wrong.

The US's history isn't all that bright either. It was given the cutesy name of "manifest destiny". In other words, "we're taking your land because we can".

History? What about current day and this was before Iraq and Afghanistan...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The headline is a bit of a misrepresentation by the Telegraph there..

The remainder have been included because the British were found to have achieved some sort of military presence in the territory – however transitory – either through force, the threat of force, negotiation or payment.

Incursions by British pirates, privateers or armed explorers have also been included, provided they were operating with the approval of their government.

So a dozen Elizabethan privateers run onto a beach cutlasses in hand and get quickly dispatched by the locals and it's counted as a British invasion?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

No need for deflection.

Wouldnt consider this a "bashing thread". Its a matter of historical fact.

And in the context of their recent attack on Libya and their internal issues with foreigners, I find it ironic.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love the Brit bashing

Keep it up fella, i know deep down you are truly envious of our history

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Rodinus

No need for deflection.

Wouldnt consider this a "bashing thread". Its a matter of historical fact.

And in the context of their recent attack on Libya and their internal issues with foreigners, I find it ironic.

No deflection on my behalf Glad, and i understand your point of view.

I don't see your thread as a "bashing thread".. but i am sure it will however feed the bashers...They thrive on this stuff and have multiple intellectual erections with this type of material...

Interesting thread however

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Not at all.

I actually think that no nation has a right to attack another.

I'm also opposed to the US foreign empire.

But its interesting to note how no one (yet) seems to acknowledge how truly disgusting and barbaric of a policy this was and is...

Very telling, how groups will defend their own kind (right or wrong), simply because they are a part of that particular group.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong man, I generaly do not fall for this sort of TEAM NUMBER X VS TEAM NUMBER Y sort of none sense, its that sort of divide that keeps us down you know. But some historical context with sources would have been appreciated. Because lets be honest its a pretty fine line between the Thirteen Colonies and the British Empire as to who the occupiers actualy were.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the premise of your post which could be expanded much further, the UK is a fairly xenophobic place when it comes to immigration, as is America and you are right, the irony is a great deal of these people come here, or have been here for generations already and that is directly because of the fact we used to own the planet. Much in the same way people are so confused about why there is Mexicans in America and all they really have to do is look at this map for it to sink in.

But they rarely do, I suspect because most people are just really quite stupid at the end of the day.

New Essay Title:

To What Extent Does a Nations History of Imperial Expansionism Play in Levels of Immigration Today?

Yeah?, fairly beastly post, plent of cool maps and stuff to display, could be all sort of good history people might not have taken into account before. Would be awesome. DONT STEAL MY IDEA WITH SATELLITES AGAIN PLEASE.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If we are going to dwell on our darker history we can't remember how far we have moved ahead,disregard England ,more prog chatter.We still love the Fatherland.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i hate these kinds of threads for the simple reason is that one nation claims they are better than the others. I am British and proud of our history no matter what others think of it. do i think we should still be ruling an empire...Maybe, maybe the world would be a better place if it was openly ruled by a single government rather than dozens secretly working together.

more to the point, im guessing you are American, i could see it on this thing and im rather new to this site. i will say this, you can say what you want about the Brits but so much for your country, there isn't a nation on the planet that wouldn't or hasn't tried to invade another its just well we seemed to be much better at it than most.

America is a country that sees itself above everybody else. right now the US is going through a dark time as are the rest of the world but America seems to think its better than the others, always claiming it is the freeiest nation on the planet when most western countries have the same freedoms. i think someone who commented earlier about a Brit pissing you off might be right.

If only you could open your eyes and understand how pointless this little thread of yours is. you've just wasted some of your time rabbiting on about nothing. its history mate, grow up and learn to see things for what they are and not proclaim one country crap while the others are great.

and one last thing, to make sure you understand, i am a proud Brit and i hope every british person is proud of their nation and what its done for the world

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Danny85

You may see studying or knowing history as a "waste of time", but I surely dont...

Proud of such a shameful history, eh.

I'm going to guess that youre strongly against the inflow of foreigners into your nation, correct?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How big was the Roman Empire? What about the Greek? What about the Persian Empire? What about the Russian Empire? the Egyptian Empire...? Why do do you focus only on the British empire?? If the Romans had never settled in Britian maybe the British Empire wouldn't have existed...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The British Empire was really an extention of the "City Corporation", akna The Crown. They were essentially crown colonies, governed by the city.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
...and as always, it was all for the benefit of the banks and big business interests. I mean, it's not like the British people benefited in any way from it all, as usual they were just the poor buggers expected to go fight the natives so that the banks and businesses could plunder. Nothing has changed, other than the nation now on top and continuing the empire!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Truth.

Same holds true for the modern day American empire.

Tax payer funded military used to enforce and enhance private profits.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Before one starts talking about how an Empire is expanding and pointing figures becuase they beleive they're nation has no part in this expansion.. One should truely look back at history.

I dont have time to go into much detail but I will surface the basic "plot" of this very expansive empire; BEFORE America was taken (I say taken because the land belonged to very harmonized native peoples before the european white man showed up and slaughtered them to create the sub-empire).

It starts with Egypt, which was a powerful Empire at its time; which was then infiltrated by Romans (through bloodline).

The Romans were ruthless people, killing, slaughtering, cheating everyone they could to gain advantages. They're plot was to interbreed in the Egyptian royal bloodlines to then seize power over time (the today/and then elites always work in increments).
Fast forward on the timeline - The Romans are defeated but its elites are not exiled; the British empire adopted some of Rome which further created royal bloodlines. Noticing that the Romans had a great army - but it was the geniuses behind the war who survived. The knowledge they carried was very helpful to the British Empire.

Christianity was adopted from Egypt, by the Romans, who later carried this tradition to the United Kingdom. So now we have the bloodlines of the British, theh Egyptian/Romans, and these are where the "ruling elite today" came from.
Jesus Christ = JC
Julius Ceaser = JC

"Those who win the wars, write the history books". As the minds behind both empires merged; a global agenda was formed, to dominated every region of the planet. As most of Europe was under this Empires control; there was knowledge of land to the west - which would have to be taken over to further the expansion of this OLD empire.

So the Royals of the time ordered an army to travel over the Atlantic - to the east shores of now America. Caught off guard by the native inhabitants - the europeans slaughtered these people.. And continued to do so until all was seized.
Now the "founding fathers" .. Have created America; which is JUST AN EXPANSION OF THE ROYAL EMPIRE. It always belonged to the king and queens, and still belongs to the Royal bloodlines - as does Canada, as does Austrialia, no matter what they want you to beleive. In their minds - they know, they control almost every aspect of the planet.

Those that seem like enemies - is part of the plan, I reference the "America vs Russia" rivalry - Russia is still part of the bloodlines at the highest level of their government. They are all the same people, who established different lands, with different ways to contorl their people and society, so as to make an illusion of division.

This is just a breif-surface recap of the history of the Empire. Im aware they're are gaps, but what people need to GET in their MINDS is that THOSE who WIN war and seize land, WRITE THE HISTORY BOOKS! So the latter generations are conformed into beleiving THEIR version of history.

Its not complicated; America/Canada/Austrialia/China/Germany/France/Russia. . All expansions of the SAME bloodlines. Its all made to seem like opposition and division and different people via different languages/cultures. . But nontheless the same heads are in contrrol of this global monster.

Now ANYONE can understand what the "NWO" hype has always been about - its not a new idea, its something that has been incremental since the times of Rome and early Britain. Add in the Vikings who conformed to the British ways of life; culture, beliefs, thinking, and living. And you can see how this Empire has been operating.

Viking = 6 Kings
VI = Roman numeral for 6
King = leaders

So much about history that has been a lie - even the english language is unknown to people today. In terms of its origin, and certain words and their EARLEIR meanings. For example:

Love = Evil back wards

Backwards = back words

Prism = Prison

Planet = PLAN/NET

The Earth is a prison plan - net for souls to reincarnate. The Elites are masters of reincarnation.

King = Kang = Kane/Cane = Coin.. Thats why the kings and queens are on the coins.

I could go on all day - when you are FIRST taught the english language you are taught how to SPELL and CURSE.. In the early times writing things down were ways of cursing or creating a spell. Not just to keep record of things. Hence only FEW people could actully read or write - those few were the ones contrrolling things.

I think its also informing to add this etymology:

Earth is actually URTH - UR = fire in the earlier times, in Iraq there is the temple of UR or temple of Fire.
Wonder why our ansectors are obsessed with serpants, dragons and reptiles? Wonder what David Icke is hinting about meanwhile he makes millions?

Here is the last one for people to comprehend:

CHURCH - CH = CHI = ENERGY... UR = FIRE..CH again = CHI-ENERGY. CHURCH = The spiralling fire energy, this is what the power minds behind the church have always perceived and how they operate.

Language is a tool of deception with many secrets..

I'll stop here - any questions you can U2U.

edit on 4-6-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join