It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He's here! The latest addition to Mblah's household :D My son, Liam.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I finally had my boy!! He came a week and a half early but he is perfect! I had a feeling he'd come early and he did!

He was born at 7:38pm on Sunday June 2, 2013. He weighed 6 lbs 8oz and was 19.19 inches long. He has dark hair and blue eyes! They say if you have lots of heartburn they will come out with a ton of hair and well I believe this one! i had horrid heartburn and this little guy came out with lots of hair!!

I came to the hospital Saturday night because I started having contractions. We stayed from 7pm til almost 2am and they sent me home. I was miserable and did not want to leave, the pain was bad and it was every 3 mins! They didn't keep me cause I was only dilated 1 cm so we went home. We stayed home 4 hours before the other "signs" of labor started and then we came right back and this time they kept me! I wasn't going to get an epidural and was very much against it however the pain was so bad it made me physically sick and shake uncontrollably. I had back labor as well and well that is so NOT fun!! I dilated pretty quick but when it came time to push well little man wasn't budging!! After two hours of pushing on and off they did a C-Section. I was terrified of it because I've never had surgery. It went pretty fast but the recovery is well hard. I can't move and getting up is extremely difficult. They say it will take about a week before I have some mobility back.

Anyway my little man took right to breastfeeding too!! I was so worried with the epidural and meds he wouldn't take to it. I had read that the epidural and drugs could cause a baby not to latch on but Liam latched on and boy did he latch on! He has such a grip it takes my breath away at times!

He is just too cute. I am so happy he is finally here. He is my love and when he isn't in the room I miss him!!! We should be going home later this evening. They keep you 48hrs from the time of birth. Everyone here has been AMAZING!! I am so glad I had him here and had a good first time birthing experience. I had a female doctor which is what i wanted. She was awesome and funny which helped!! The nurses are sweet and helpful. They don't make you feel uncomfortable or that you are bothering them. I am quite happy with the treatment I've had here which good because the prenatal treatment I had was a nightmare and made me very nervous to deliver. All in all this was a great experience and one I think I'll just be experiencing once!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Congrats Mblah.
I have been wondering about you lately.
I am happy for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
AWE what a beautiful little sweetie! Congradulations to you and yours!!!!!!!! We welcome the youngest "NEW" member to ATS!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Oh my!!!

He is sweetness wrapped up in a blanket!

Congratulations and hugs to you and Baby Liam.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Giving away a little secret here mblahnikluver (bloody hell i cant shorten your name down!)

My son LIAM is 14 now... there best years of my life!!!

This name is a short form of the Irish name Uilliam (William) which is now use independently as a given name. As a Hebrew name, Liam means "my people; I have a nation".

Famous bearers include 'Oasis' singer Liam Gallagher, former Irish Taoiseach or Prime Minister Liam Cosgrave and actor Liam Neeson.

Liam is currently a particularly popular name in New Zealand (#10 in 2006), the Australian states of South Australia and Western Australia (#7 in both in 2006) and the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia (#5), Alberta (#8) and British Columbia (#6).

Just for extra added info.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-6-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

are you sure you are the father--- thor?

or mother... sorry..

edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: up

edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Awe love your sons name!!

My fiancee wanted an Irish name since his dad was Irish. His dad passed away almost two yrs ago from cancer so he wanted to keep with his dads tradition and use an Irish name. I LOVE Liam Neeson so that was the first name to pop in my head and it stuck. I think we said one other name but stayed with Liam. It went well with his name. His first name is Liam and his middle is Michael, after my fiancee's dad. His last name is a common boy or girls name so it flows well and the last name is an Irish one!

I didn't know it was a popular name til I started looking it up. I don't know anyone with this name but a few online friends have mentioned they know someone with this name.

We felt the whole name together was a strong name!!

Thanks for the info. I did read how it was a nickname for William but that was it.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Congrats Mblah, he is beautiful!

Back labor is the worst! You will be very sore for a few days with the C-section so just move slowly. If you need to cough or sneeze hug a pillow tight against your incision and pull your knees up as close to the pillow as you're able- it will help.

I envy you a bit Mblah! There is nothing like getting to know your first child. Record every minute you can, because they grow up far too quickly. I know you will be an outstanding mother! Once again, congratulations love!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Thank you!!

I'm still around lol I had been busy getting his room ready which isn't 100% and won't be now that he came early. I am in too much pain to do anything in that room ti next week lol. He will be in our room mostly so it's like his room is done but won't be used lol it's fancy baby storage! lol

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Congratulations on the birth of such a beautiful boy!

I just became a Dad again to our first Son before Christmas, so i can imagine how chuffed you are.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Very happy for you! Congratulations! He IS perfect!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Oh - Wow Mblah !!

Awesomeness !

Big Congrats! ... Looks like a keeper !

( Now get some sleep !! )

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your little one, and here's to no sleep for the next year!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The new adventure of getting to know your son; what a blessing!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Congrats mblah, I was wondering how things were going. He is a cutie. Congrats again my friend.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Congrats. I guess that explains all the recipes that were being posted?

Children are amazing and beautiful. I know the feeling as a Dad.
edit on 4-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy! Wishing you and little Liam much happiness!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Congratulations!!!
He is absolutely beautiful!!

Welcome to the world, Liam.

So, when does he get his ATS membership?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Congratulations MBlah!

He is certainly a fine looking baby!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Congratulations !!!!

What a beautiful boy !!

Cherish my dear, cherish !!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>