It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Jessie Ventura is a filthy corporate disinfo shill, just like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.

They all suck from the teat of the mainstream media and read the scripts from their overlords in big business.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

Those are mighty powerful words. Any proof of that? or are you just offering your opinion?
I am no longer a fan of his, but don't know if I would go as far as a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Jessie Ventura is a filthy corporate disinfo shill, just like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.

They all suck from the teat of the mainstream media and read the scripts from their overlords in big business.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

No that is exactly what Chris Kyle did when he got out of the service. His whole book was a government propaganda piece. One huge main reason for Jesse to keep this lawsuit in play is to bring attention to what his company does.

The Government killed Chris Kyle. That much should be very obvious. They probably did it so Chris would not have to go to court and testify as to who told him to write that nonsense in his book.

Jesse would also like to stop his company from killing people, just as they did in the Boston Bombing.

There are good and bad in the U.S. armed forces and seeing what Kyle did after his service placed him right at the top of bad in my list. He loved killing, his book made that very obvious! His newer company should prove that to all you former military members here. If you cant see that then you are ignorantly traitorous to your fellow American people.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by semperfortis

It REALLY ticks me off that you would post this article without any Comment. ( isnt that against ats rules?)

Jesse felt he was done wrong by this guys words and sued him. He died. SHE gets all his stuff. Jesse's ONLY recourse is to in turn ask that she is the defendant in the dead mans stead. This is LEGAL.THIS is within jesse's RIGHT.

Or doesn't Semper Fi mean anything to YOU. You fought for these rights. ( did you not?)

The only thing despicable here is people who do Not understand THE LAW you claimed to fight for.

DAMMMMMMM

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why were Craft International 'security forces' at the Boston Marathon and what the hell was in those heavy backpacks, anyways? (yeah, OT, but maybe not...). And was Kyle and his hapless friend really killed by a PTSD crazed veteran or were they shot in the back of the head execution style (as reported, but not verified) to silence Kyle for some reason? Seems to be an awful lot of Manchurian candidate style murder sprees happening lately.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The book is full of confirmed lies about Ventura. Numerous Navy seals who were at the Event claim it never happened and i do not blame Jesse for Suing.There are probably Movie Deals and all sorts of stuff going on that Jesse would want the Lies left out of.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Oh yeah I almost forgot, do yall even know if the claims in the book are true or not?

I haven't read it. I don't know if its claims are true, and I couldn't care less.

But I do know Ventura's lawsuit is based on what Kyle said in an interview, not what he said in his book.

It looks like you are posting from ignorance. Have you read the news articles linked to on the Twitchy web page that's linked to in the OP? Apparently you have not.

Here is the link to the Star Tribune news article. You will find the link in one of the comments on the Twitchy website from which the OP's headline is taken: www.startribune.com...

Seems a lot of people are attacking Jesse Ventura based on pure ignorance (failure to be informed or to inform themselves of what they are talking about before talking about it).

You're right, Kyle does not name Jesse Ventura in the book, but everyone knows Kyle's book is referring to Ventura because Kyle names Ventura as the man referred to as "Scruff Face" in the book and has been capitalizing on it ever since.

It is common practice in lawsuits to substitute the executor or personal representative of a deceased party's estate when a party dies while a lawsuit is pending. There is nothing despicable, low class, or scumbaggery about that.

Deny Ignorance? How soon you forget!

Here are excerpts from the Star Tribune article:

[beginning of excerpts]

In a section of his book called “Punching Out Scruff Face,” Kyle describes a confrontation with a “celebrity” at a 2006 wake for a Navy SEAL. He claimed “Scruff Face” made disparaging remarks about the war, the United States and President George W. Bush, provoking Kyle to punch him in the face.

Although he didn’t name “Scruff Face,” Kyle later acknowledged in media interviews that he was describing Ventura.

But the suit didn’t end (with Kyle's death). Soon after Taya Kyle filed legal documents this month confirming that she is executor of her husband’s estate, Ventura’s attorneys filed the motion to continue the suit under her name.

[end of excerpts]

I suppose all of us who think disparaging thoughts or make disparaging remarks about the war, the United States overseas adventures, and President George W. Bush, are scumbag idiots. That would include a large portion, if not the majority, of ATS members I believe. Frankly, I see nothing commendable or brag worthy in thumping one's chest over having killed 255 other human beings. If any of them were justified, then Kyle did his job. But leave it at that and STFU about it.

edit on 6/2/2013 by dubiousone because: Clarification; Spelling correction.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What?

Jesse hangs out with SEALs in SEAL bars when he visits San Diego. Chris Kyle claimed he punched Jesse in said SEAL bar back in 2006. My point was a counter to your remark, "In our real world it may not matter, but in the military world it actually does, as they don't take well to people calling themselves something they are not.". You do know why Kyle claimed he punched Ventura, right? It has nothing to do with Ventura calling himself a SEAL.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

It's McP's Irish Pub and Grill. It's a SEAL bar in that it's owned by a former SEAL. It is popular with the military on Coronado. We used to have Hail and Farewell's there when i was stationed at North Island, also had my retirement luncheon there. We weren't SEAL's, just a bunch of cryppies, though some were SWCC qual'd. The food is average, but the beer is cold. Service is hit and miss. End review

According to this guy, supposedly a staff member confirms that Kyle did punch Ventura.

sofrep.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

If she doesn't want the rights to make profit in future for this cock and bull story I am sure there are multiple people that will gladly take the reigns. If she is so weak and fragile that she cannot handle defending the words of her heroic husband I'm sure someone will take the problem/profits off her hands in the future.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Any respect I had for Ventura just went out the window.
How could he sink this low. If he had an issue with Kyle, that ended with his death. Be a man and let it go Jesse.

None of us were at the so-called incident, so if the event didn't take place then I would assume Jesse wants to clear his name.

Now if the event did occur and it is the truth then Jesse would have to live with the repercussions.

I still believe in Justice in the USA, even though the truth sometimes gets stomped upon.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I used to hold the Navy Seals in the highest regard...

Turns out they are just human after all.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

This is FAR beyond despicable... FAR beyond disgusting..

This is HUMAN TRASH and as bad or worse than the Westboro Baptist Church!!!!

When Kyle was alive, I would have accepted Venturascum's lawsuit as that is how civilized men handle things even though after 27 years in Law Enforcement and 5 years before that in the Marines, I never sued anyone. YET to have the defendant switched to Kyle's widow is nothing short of horrendous!!!

twitchy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Are you a hater?

JV is a very honorable man. What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
But Ventura's behavior that night revolted him, Paul said. "He was saying the wrong things in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion, he was being as anti-American as you can possibly get. Now, he would probably argue that he was being very American by challenging the government, but for a bunch of guys who had just laid their lives on the line for their country and who were at a wake for their fallen comrade, he's lucky the punch to the face is all he got."

Most of those swearing out declarations said they didn't see Kyle hit Ventura, but claim they saw the commotion and the aftermath as Kyle took off and Ventura clambered up from the ground with blood on his face.

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception.

"I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing.

"That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

Being insensitive at the wrong time will get anyone punched. They were at a wake!

And you don't deserve to lose seals.

Blaming the politicians is one thing and blaming the military is another thing.

The military get orders from the politcians.
edit on 2/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Go Ventura!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well debt collectors have no problem getting their owed debts....

Not sure why it would be any different here. Business is business.

If this is despicable then we should not just focus on ventura but on the whole approach on things

why can debt collectors loot your belonging until all debts are covered taking everything away from the family of the deceased.

it is just our culture to do this, ventura is a reflection of that.

get the # over it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You need to take this whole situation with a grain of salt. Jess Ventura has a long history of lying about his service. But Chris Kyle was no angel either. Did the fight go down? Some say yes. Some say no.

Jesse Ventura, though, was never a Navy Seal. He did do quite a bit of embellishment throughout his career in that regard. That doesn't not mean he wasn't a part of the Special Warfare Community. Just that he wasn't a SEAL.

As James Janos, he did complete the first phase of BUD/S with class 58 in 1970. But that does not make him a SEAL. Today, anyone in the special warfare community has to pass phase one. That includes combat corpsmen, SWCC, and EOD members. It is the physical portion of the training which usually weeds out over 80% of the class.

So what does that mean? Today, Navy personnel who become SEAL, SWCC, EOD or Divers are all part of the special warfare community but do not all call themselves SEALs. Back in 1970, there was a very big distinction between Seals and UDT members as they received vastly different levels of training.

The first Navy Seal team was created in 1962 as Seal Team One. They recruited members of the UDT community and sent them through specialized training before deploying them to Vietnam as the first Seals.

Jesse Ventura / James Janos never had any SEAL specialized training. After completing BUD/S Phase One, he went to dive school and nothing more. Afterward, he was stationed at Subic Bay in the Philippines with UDT-12 where he served on active duty until 1972. During his time there, he never saw any combat. He was rotated between amphibious ready groups and hit various ports like Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore.

He's the big guy on the left.

Jesse Ventura further claims to have become a member of Seal Team One while in the Reserves between 1972 and 1974. But that is just not possible. Namely because Seal Team One did not begin forming a Reserve component until February, 1974. Jesse Ventura moved back to Minnesota a few months after it was formed.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

While it's true debtees will try and collect on debts, the easiest thing to do is to call the debtees either prior to death or after. 9/10 they will settle for cents on the dollar. If there is an estate and the executor doesn't do their job correctly then a business will come after assets if they are available. Suing is usually a last resort by most businesses. I always laugh at the whole mentality of "taking away from the family of deceased" like the debt collectors are suing them for their personal assets or something.

I still think most of them are annoying to work with that's why I always worked in writing.

I think in regard to the lawsuit though there's no reason not to continue forward and people forget that the widow has an attorney that probably cost a lot of money that will be handling the majority of everything.

edit on 2-6-2013 by LadyofGlass because: what

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Yea, with all the name calling is really not necessary, but as my bother often said it takes one to know one.
Plus I'm am pretty sure Kyle's wife endorsed Kyle's, attack on Jessie's reputation, so whet ever she was left with,
from her Hubby she probably deserves.

She can also stand up and defend her Husband's character.

edit on 2-6-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

I can't believe this.

She didn't even make the comment.

And he is suing her after having lost her husband in such a terrible way.

WTF?!!

That's nuts!

The lawsuit was going on before Kyle was killed. Just because he is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join