It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So people in the military are above the law, and deserve special privileges and immunity from lawsuits? Is that what you brainwashed buffoons are saying?
edit on 1-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

They are above civilian law and that's pretty sad considering how dysfunctional civilian law it. Just looking at how the majority of female rape victims are treated point to a very big issue with military law. Then again what more can we expect from a military that are the hired guns of a government that has authority to whatever it pleases to it's own citizens.
edit on 1-6-2013 by LadyofGlass because: Because

edit on 1-6-2013 by LadyofGlass because: Because

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

As a former navy seal...and in his duties as a political official...hes no Glenn beck or fear mongering Alex Jones...he may be radical but hes not those two guys....poor equation

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Marines I know, who have been in direct combat, are some of the most honorable people I've met in my life. None of them have ever bragged about nor divulged the number of human lives they were responsible for taking and have stated that they wish not to talk about it. To my respect.

I didn't know Mr. Kyle nor did I read his book but I do know that my initial reaction to hearing a Marine sniper, no matter how good he was at his job, was writing a book regarding his time in the war, did not sit well with me.

I have no opinion on the Ventura lawsuit but I hope it gets resolved quickly and quietly and the Kyle widow can get back to getting use to life without her husband.

It's a joke and a shame, no matter how you look at it

edit on 1-6-2013 by TheOnlyAnswer because: sp

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Hearsay works great for KNOW IT ALL'S LMAO

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Actually, the Navy Seals originated in the 1960's. President Kennedy wanted the group. My uncle was one of the first and yes they came from the UDT's. In Vietnam, they were different though.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Comparing Jesse to Alex Jones,is laughable. Jesse put his own butt out there,investigating known conspiracies ,and his show was cancelled for rattling too many cages by exposing things they didn't want found out .
That's the only reason he got cancelled too .
He's no nonsense ,he puts his money where his mouth is ,and if he's still suing,there's a good reason ,and I'm betting he wins .
Let's see...

All of that aside ,he's who I will be voting for in 2016

Oh yeah ...he may run .

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The word "widow" really did a number on a lot of you here.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As Ventura accurately pointed out when this all hit the fan, if it didn't happen like Kyle said it did, it was slander and/or libel. And if it DID happen, then Kyle was guilty of assaulting Ventura, which is punishable by not a small amount of time in jail even if you're a 'hero'.

I've seen Ventura on tv plenty of times discussing the wars and he was always against them but completely respectful of the men in uniform both active duty and veterans. I can't imagine him saying what he is reported to have said.

Ventura gave Kyle plenty of time to retract his statement and apparently met with him at least once to try to come to an agreement before the lawsuit was finally filed.

I don't know about anyone else's opinion, but to me that Opie and Anthony tape of Kyle being 'talked' into discussing how he hit Ventura is a study in lying. Look at the body language. He's lying and he knows it. Let's face it, the guy just got too used to bragging and he let it get out of hand in order to sell the book. He tries to make it look like he's being modest, but it's all a fabrication.

I believe it will come out in the trial that Kyle's 'friends' especially now that he's gone will refuse to honor their prior statements under threat of perjury. Jesse has witnesses too including his doctor who says he was on blood thinners and would have bled like crazy if someone had hit him.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

If Chris Kyle, the now deceased ex-Navy SEAL has written things in his book ( “American Sniper.”) about Jesse which are untrue then Jv has the write to sue the author. In this case the author is dead so if the wife has control over the book rights then she logically has to front to court, after all the book still contains the material that Jesse is not happy about. I dont know what is being said in book is true or not about Ventura and thats why its in court for the judge to decide.

Ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura, former pro-wrestler and perpetual raving nutjob.

Jesse works in the entertainment business and its quite obvious he says controversial things in the controversial topics he presents. How does that make him a nutjob?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

If Chris Kyle, the now deceased ex-Navy SEAL has written things in his book ( “American Sniper.”) about Jesse which are untrue then Jv has the write to sue the author. In this case the author is dead so if the wife has control over the book rights then she logically has to front to court, after all the book still contains the material that Jesse is not happy about. I dont know what is being said in book is true or not about Ventura and thats why its in court for the judge to decide.

Ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura, former pro-wrestler and perpetual raving nutjob.

Jesse works in the entertainment business and its quite obvious he says controversial things in the controversial topics he presents for ratings effect. How does that make him a nutjob?

edit on 1-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
If Chris Kyle, the now deceased ex-Navy SEAL has written things in his book ( “American Sniper.”) about Jesse which are untrue then Jv has the write to sue the author.

If Chris Kyle had written things in his book about Jesse which were untrue, Jesse would be suing over the contents of the book. But he's not. He's suing over a comment Kyle made in an interview.

The book is not the issue.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

No words for this kind of garbage.

Ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura, former pro-wrestler and perpetual raving nutjob, filed a defamation suit last year against Chris Kyle, ex-Navy SEAL and author of “American Sniper.” In his book, Kyle had written about a fight between him and Ventura:

After Chris was tragically murdered this past February, Ventura asked that Kyle’s widow, Taya, be substituted as the defendant. Because Jesse Ventura is a colossal ass.

So the suing has nothing do with the alledged fight?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ventura was NEVER IN THE SEALS

stop repeating this nonsense.

Ventura served as a U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team member during the Vietnam War

The Underwater Demo teams were not expanded to the SEALS until 1983

In 1983, the UDTs were re-designated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVTs). SDVTs have since been re-designated SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams

The extra responsibilities then given to SEALS as an elite force happened after 1983.

When Ventura was in the Navy he was just in the underwater demo team there was no SEALS at all in existence when he was in the Navy. None, Zilch.. And he never did what SEALS do. All he did was underwater demolitions, he was a trained frogman is all.

The seals did not become the elite force it is until after it's redesignation and changes came to that department

My Uncle was a real Navy Seal and he himself says Ventura was never and will never be a SEAL and him claiming to be one is a dishonor and insult to REAL Navy Seals

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
Ventura was NEVER IN THE SEALS

stop repeating this nonsense.

Ventura served as a U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team member during the Vietnam War

The Underwater Demo teams were not expanded to the SEALS until 1983

So the job he did, is now being done by SEALS, right?
How is it a disservice to say he was a SEAL?

and here's the response to what you're saying:

The inclusion of UDTs as SEALs is a largely informal courtesy extended by the Naval Special Warefare community. That courtesy does not confer the legal eligibility to wear the Naval Special Warefare insignia on a Naval uniform until it has been legally earned. Such an act could be construed as a violation of USC18 chapter 33 section 701 which regulates the unauthorized wearing of issuances by Heads of Departments.[12][108][109] Following that, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was a member of the UDTs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise.[12] Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs; that's all it is," and dismissed the accusations of lying about being a SEAL as "much ado about nothing."[109]

seems like your uncle is in the minority, and most real seals consider UDTs as SEALs....

I love when people bring up their "uncle." It's almost always BS.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I strongly feel when a person is dead him/her sins and dues are payed in full. However, Chris Kyles legacy remains and his book still profits and probably more than ever for his family. If both parties had any honor his wife would have the book rewritten with that part left out and Jesse Ventura can then let bygones be bygones and let it go.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I don't see the problem as the death of someone only affects the family, the show must go on as far as the case goes.

He isn't personally suing the wife because she is the next in succession to an empire of money the book has built upon trying to ruin the Ex-gov's reputation.

He is only trying to further bring down what the book has so far achieved in defamation of his character which based upon some of your comments, has succeeded.

I see absolutely no problem in this at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Turning against conspiracy theorists is a really bad sign for a conspiracy web site. It shows it has been infiltrated.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join