It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

twitchy.com

No words for this kind of garbage.

Ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura, former pro-wrestler and perpetual raving nutjob, filed a defamation suit last year against Chris Kyle, ex-Navy SEAL and author of “American Sniper.” In his book, Kyle had written about a fight between him and Ventura:

After Chris was tragically murdered this past February, Ventura asked that Kyle’s widow, Taya, be substituted as the defendant. Because Jesse Ventura is a colossal ass.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.twincities.com

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is FAR beyond despicable... FAR beyond disgusting..

This is HUMAN TRASH and as bad or worse than the Westboro Baptist Church!!!!

When Kyle was alive, I would have accepted Venturascum's lawsuit as that is how civilized men handle things even though after 27 years in Law Enforcement and 5 years before that in the Marines, I never sued anyone. YET to have the defendant switched to Kyle's widow is nothing short of horrendous!!!

twitchy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well, my respect for Jessie Ventura had been on the wane anyway. His anti-American rants over his shoulder, while running to his Mexican hideaway.....didn't do much for his Captain America image. Not much at all.

This though? This is low beyond words. He could have had class and dropped the suit. He could have been a man and not a greedy little mouse. He squeaks now. I hate squeakers.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I saw this this morning and almost spit out my coffee.

Ventura started off ok in politics, but then started to put too much into conspiracies, almost to the point of extreme paranoia, whether to get votes or just publicity, we may never know... but this is beyond the lowest of low.

The man's widow deserves to be just that, a widow, her family needs to live and her husband's book is the vehicle by which that is to be achieved, Ventura has money, he has two homes, and can jet off to wherever, leave the lady alone Jesse.... big man pick on little girl? Can we say GRADE SCHOOL?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

'It would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.'

Hmm..

I think the old fart has just done exactly that. Though his reputation was already out the door in my opinion, anyone who was in doubt, now, should not be.

What a scumbag.

+69 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There is probably a good reason for him to do this, a reason you folks are clueless about. Don´t judge before you have all the facts.

Knowing ventura, i prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt here, since he is pretty awesome in pretty much any other area.

+115 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

link   
Jessie Ventura is a filthy corporate disinfo shill, just like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.

They all suck from the teat of the mainstream media and read the scripts from their overlords in big business.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

+82 more 
link   
At the risk of getting flamed over this...I am not sure this is as "personal", or low class, as people seem to be making it out to be. He is probably well within his legal rights.

This guy wrote a book, and as part of his publicity tour was promoting his alleged dust up with Ventura. It was a sensational extra promo-ploy and probably did a lot to gain notoriety - and sales - for the book.

He was tragically murdered, and so no doubt his wife inherited the book and its proceeds. So, in a way, she is still profiting from the alleged defamation (and character assassination of Ventura).

I am not (at all) an expert on American civil law, but it would seem logical to me that Jesse's lawyers would continue to sue his estate (and thereby his wife) after he is deceased.

Not saying it is necessarily what I would do, if I were in his shoes...but if (perhaps) she has refused to have that part of the book edited out, then maybe he has the right to continue to protect what he feels is his good reputation.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Considering all that money has blood all over it, I could care less what happens with it.

Money, Money, Money. $$$$$$
People always trip over the dough.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, do yall even know if the claims in the book are true or not?
I never saw that part mentioned.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

I don't agree with everything you post but I fully agree with you here.

Just because Chris Kyle is dead, a tragic and sad death it was, the fact is Ventura was still accused of something and all he wants is to clear his name.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

AHHHHHHH

The voice of reason..

You have no idea how much I appreciate your opinion, but I hope you understand my visceral reaction being a former Marine Sniper and all

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by buster2010

I don't agree with everything you post but I fully agree with you here.

Just because Chris Kyle is dead, a tragic and sad death it was, the fact is Ventura was still accused of something and all he wants is to clear his name.

Exactly and seeing how the book is supposed to be turned into a movie then the part that he claims to be a lie would be even more widespread.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

But did you write a book about your missions while at the same time accusing a fellow, well known Marine of being anti American while also claiming to have knocked him out?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Heck I'm from West Virginia

I'm not even sure I can write

I'm not really the accusatory type.. I tend to be one of those frustrating individuals that takes responsibility for his own actions and not blame them on someone else...

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wait a minute so if this Kyle dude is lying about Jesse in his big important book, than what if he also is lying about his kill count? 250+ seems a bit over the top doesn't it?

It is common for a known liar that exaggerates to continue lying about multiple other things after all.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Oh yeah I almost forgot, do yall even know if the claims in the book are true or not?

I haven't read it. I don't know if its claims are true, and I couldn't care less.

But I do know Ventura's lawsuit is based on what Kyle said in an interview, not what he said in his book.

And I also know Ventura is a corporate disinfo shill who despises the military (not hard to see why Ventura would be envious of Kyle; he was only a Storekeeper, Third Class!) And I also know Ventura is a liberal.

So I'm backing the Kyle family on this one.

Wait a minute so if this Kyle dude is lying about Jesse in his big important book

He doesn't mention Ventura in his book. You obviously don't know much about his book.

than what if he also is lying about his kill count? 250+ seems a bit over the top doesn't it?

Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 – February 2, 2013) was a United States Navy SEAL and known as the most lethal sniper in American military history, with 160 confirmed kills (out of 255 claimed kills), although these statistics have not been released by the Pentagon.

(Source).
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's Semper's fault!

Are you forgetting Ventura was a Navy S.E.A.L. too. ?
I wouldn't hesitate to trust him or Kyle.
SEALS or Marines - honor still has meaning among these men (and women)
edit on 1-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

I haven't read it. I don't know if its claims are true, and I couldn't care less.

But I do know Ventura's lawsuit is based on what Kyle said in an interview, not what he said in his book.

And I also know Ventura is a corporate disinfo shill who despises the military (not hard to see why Ventura would be envious of Kyle; he was only a Storekeeper, Third Class!) And I also know Ventura is a liberal.

So I'm backing the Kyle family on this one.

Wait a minute so if this Kyle dude is lying about Jesse in his big important book

He doesn't mention Ventura in his book. You obviously don't know much about his book.

than what if he also is lying about his kill count? 250+ seems a bit over the top doesn't it?

Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 – February 2, 2013) was a United States Navy SEAL and known as the most lethal sniper in American military history, with 160 confirmed kills (out of 255 claimed kills), although these statistics have not been released by the Pentagon.

(Source).
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

Ok so you haven't READ THE BOOK, but you go off telling me what's in the book and that I obviously don't know anything about the book?

You haven't read it either. You just said all of this without reading it?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Any respect I had for Ventura just went out the window.
How could he sink this low. If he had an issue with Kyle, that ended with his death. Be a man and let it go Jesse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join