It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by gladtobehere

What "people"?

Debbie Lee, who lost her son, Navy SEAL Marc Lee, in Iraq, said the group was mournful and respectful. "It was not a belly-up-to-the-bar type of event," she wrote.

One of her son's SEAL teammates introduced her to Ventura, whom she found offensive. She said she heard him criticize the war and called President George Bush a jerk. Ventura could only talk about himself, she said. "He did not say he was sorry for my loss."

Bob Gassoff, the SEAL who introduced Lee to Ventura, said the former governor wore a beard braided into pony tails and a blue SEAL team hat. "He was badmouthing the war and President Bush. He was upsetting the families of deceased SEALs," Gassoff said.

Andrew Paul, a reservist Navy SEAL, said he notified Mansoor's family about his death and helped carry his body off the plane.

"I grew up watching [the movie] 'Predator' and professional wrestling. I thought it would be cool to meet 'The Body,'" he said.

But Ventura's behavior that night revolted him, Paul said. "He was saying the wrong things in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion, he was being as anti-American as you can possibly get. Now, he would probably argue that he was being very American by challenging the government, but for a bunch of guys who had just laid their lives on the line for their country and who were at a wake for their fallen comrade, he's lucky the punch to the face is all he got."

Most of those swearing out declarations said they didn't see Kyle hit Ventura, but claim they saw the commotion and the aftermath as Kyle took off and Ventura clambered up from the ground with blood on his face.

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception.

"I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing.

"That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

www.startribune.com...

People attesting for Jesse include former seal Terry Moy, the owner of the bar where the alleged attack occurred.

I have yet to see that reported, but what makes him any more credible than the eyewitness?

Is the bar owner a friend of Mr. Ventura?

In fact there is a number to contact the person who wrote the story at the end of the article and he can tell you more about the story than I can.
edit on 1-6-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

So the sniper ran away like a baby from the fight he started? ........ if all Ventura did was bad mouth Bush and the Iraq war then Kyle really was a chicken# ........

hell most Americans are too dumb to even know why Iraq invaded Kuwait ...... and it was the true that Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraq by slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields ... like fracking where you drill sideways .... of course Halliburton sold the slant drilling equipment to Kuwait!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrick99

He was a better actor than a conspiracy show host ("Bleed? I aint got time to bleed!" Blaine, from the movie, Predator with Arnold Schwartzenegger and Carl Weathers).

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I see people are being fooled once again by the MSM spin put on a story!

When will people ever learn! Go ask Jesse if you want to know his side of the story, because it seems people are judging him based on one side of the story, which was represented by the MSM!

I don't think he's a shill, and I have shill radar!

The MSM will jump at the chance to make him look bad because he has ridiculed their puppet masters on many occasions.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Just because Kyle is dead, Ventura should just forget about how Kyle lied about his character?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I served 13 years in the our United States Navy. There is a big difference between being UDT, a Storekeeper, Third Class (called an SK3). I was an AT1 (Aviation Electronics Technician, First Class).

Firstly, if you are NOT in a special warfare team - then yes, there is a stark difference between a Third Class Petty Officer, and a First Class Petty Officer.

However, these ranks are only a formality in the special teams part of the Navy. They exist only to delineate how much pay you earn (aside from the special pays you receive from being a part of the special warfare team / combat / hazard pay) and the ranking structure of the unit. You can't have a junior member of a special warfare team leading everyone else, for instance.

Now, lets compare duties - UDT:

he Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) were an elite special-purpose force established by the United States Navy during World War II. They also served during the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Their primary function was to reconnoiter and destroy enemy defensive obstacles on beaches prior to amphibious landings.
The UDTs reconnoitered beaches and the waters just offshore, locating reefs, rocks, and shoals that would interfere with landing craft. They also used explosives to demolish underwater obstacles planted by the enemy. As the U.S. Navy's elite combat swimmers, they were employed to breach the cables and nets protecting enemy harbors, plant limpet mines on enemy ships, and locate and mark mines for clearing by minesweepers. They also conducted river surveys and foreign military training.
The UDTs pioneered combat swimming, closed-circuit diving, underwater demolitions, and midget submarine (dry and wet submersible) operations. They were the precursor to the present-day United States Navy SEALs.[1]
In 1983, the UDTs were re-designated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVTs). SDVTs have since been re-designated SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams.[2]

And Storekeeper -

One of the oldest Navy ratings, Storekeepers are tasked with maintaining ship or company military supply stores. Their responsibilities generally include purchasing and procurement, shipping and receiving, and issuing of equipment, tools, consumable items or anything else obtained through the Naval Supply System.

In closing - comparing Jesse Ventura's UDT Naval Service to that a common SK3 is ignorant and uninformed - and possibly even sounds like you have a bone to pick with the guy (or an agenda).

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrick99
Ventura has no honor, he has an agenda.....to make $$$ and to hear himself speak. Nothing more. Don't delude yourself into thinking he's a great man.

No honor? If anyone was without honor it was Kyle. When he was doing his book tour all he would talk about was not his book but he hit Jesse. Real big man hitting a senor citizen and then running away. Kyle wouldn't have known honor if it smacked him in the face.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I know I may have made these points already but I will put them all here.I will make a few points in regard to this lawsuit/topic, which in my opinion should absolutely continue forward...

1. If what Chris Kyle stated was true and he assaulted Jesse Ventura in a bar for speaking against the Iraq war and Bush, that means that one of the deadliest snipers publicly known would physically assault someone for simply speaking. This is a person that had a license to kill people without trial in other countries. That is so very scary and sad at the same time because that would point to the real possibilities that all 250 of those bodies didn't belong to evil boogie men.
2. If what Chris Kyle said in interviews and in book was a lie then that is considered a defamation of character. Jesse has built an image around being a tough guy including a career as a wrestler. Claiming that he was a wimp in a bar that got punched for being so "unAmerican" is definitely grounds for a lawsuit as it's purpose is to undermine his image which is what he has built his life around.
3. If you are going to make claims about someone publicly or in a book that can hurt them in any economic way make sure there's proof because defamation lawsuit can be filed. Being a braggart or a liar doesn't sit well in a court of law if you have cost someone their job or lost them money. Tom Cruise (I am not supporting Tom Cruise just giving example) has sued magazines over various stories that couldn't be proven.
4. I think Jesse Ventura exaggerates a lot but I see no indication that he is a bad person. I find it amazing that on a conspiracy website we have such an eerily constructed topic such as this. For a second I thought I had stumbled upon a brainwashing propaganda article.
5. Just because he is dead doesn't mean his estate or the long lasting effects of any defamation of character die with him. The whole issue of his poor helpless widow getting sued by the big bad Ventura is demeaning to women everywhere. She is now in control of the estate and book which means she becomes the responsible party.

edit on 2-6-2013 by LadyofGlass because: Because

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

Dittos on that! It's too bad Kyle is dead, I would have liked to see Ventura take him right down to his panty hose in that lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Ok so you haven't READ THE BOOK, but you go off telling me what's in the book and that I obviously don't know anything about the book?

That's right, because (a) unlike you I have read reports from people who have read the book

Hahahahaha. Wow, that makes sense!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yes, it seems funny Kyle , was the only one to see him punching Jessie.

I have never seen Jessie lie about anything, the only thing i questioned was his being a seal, which he was not in his era, but in today's, he would of been call a seal. So there you go.

I also believe Jessie has the full right to redeem his name, regardless of who is controlling the book.

I don't have much to say about Kyle, with maybe how stupid he was taking a person with post-traumatic stress to a gun range and put a loaded weapon in his hands.

One other thing is from the start anyone who was a sniper, was also considered a low life piece of crap, for being so under handed to kill in hiding from a distance.
Even in the US revolution, the Patriot's were considered, to not being playing by the rule's. the Patriot's would not stand up a facing the English Soldier's face to face like men on the battle field and killing each other.
As they had done in Europe for a very long time.

But then again is, being a dead hero or a live coward. I myself always respected the guy who would fight to the bitter end. Then again I would try and pick my battle's, as to not lose, face or blood, in the end.

I always like to see the guy fall that, brag's about how bad they are or how many people they killed or hurt. The way I see it, those are not thing's to brag about. Kyle's first kill was a woman, they called him a hero. He was some where doing something he, nor anyone else, should of been doing, in the first place. Kyle was a victim of war, just as the people he murdered. He got his just ending, live by the sword, die by the sword.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Jesse has every right to sue. Doesn't matter if these were normal people the navy seal would be in jail for assault not just paying a hefty fine. If ask me it's more of the American Judicial System that's despicable, not a brainwashed government agent who can't handle the merciless truth.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What's with all of the automatic knee-jerk reactions everyone is having being anti-Ventura? I thought this place was about denying ignorance, and here is everyone building an opinion based off of a HEADLINE, no real information!! wtf!

And what's with all the "hero" bull# talk? Have you lived in America so long that you can't tell the difference between a morally and intellectually unevolved government pawn murderer and a hero? Too much propaganda. You do realize that the slain SEAL has taken the lives of people in far away lands just because his government told him to, and then profited off of their deaths by writing a book about them? And then if that's not insulting enough, I bet NOBODY can name one person who has died at his hands, while everyone is here talking about the murderer? Where is the justice, and equality, and empathy, and compassion for our fellow human beings?

"One of the great attractions of patriotism is that it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous."

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

if Mr. Smith built a toxic-waste disposal business empire by dumping waste on a patch of someone's land and they found out about it and sued for damages, but then Mr. Smith died and passed the business empire on to his wife, would the land owner typically drop the lawsuit? Different circumstances - SAME THING. I don't care any more about Ventura than I do Dick Cheney, Hilary Clinton, Ron Paul, Hulk Hogan, or David Icke, but I don't think it is logical to drop the suit, nor morally objectionable in any way to continue with it in this situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Kyle's first kill was a woman holding a baby who supposedly pulled out a grenade from under her Muslim robe-clothes and was preparing to throw it into a bunch of Marines standing by.

So he blew away a woman holding a baby...

One wonders what luck and powers of observation it requires to be looking at the woman at that exact moment from hundreds/thousands of feet away through a rifle scope, see and positively identify the grenade instantaneously and then react accordingly.

And who verified that indeed it was a grenade and not a baby bottle or something?

Anyone who could read Kyle's book (I've only read published excerpts) and who doesn't react with disgust and horror at the blood lust needs a psychiatric consultation. He calls them all 'animals' and wishes out loud he could have killed them all... We are apparently not over there to 'liberate the Iraqis' but to kill as many of THEIR freedom fighters and patriots as possible. What would you do if a bunch of people invaded your country and started killing people, raping children and setting their families on fire, pissing on bodies, etc? This is what we call 'hero' behavior?? How is this not creating more 'terrorists' which is Bush-talk for 'people who have a good reason to hate the U.S.?

So then this spectacularly successful mass murderer (always from safe distances) comes back to the US and ostensibly writes a lurid book about it to help raise money for all the poor defenseless veterans and their families, goes on a juvenile mentality radio show and gets talked into bragging about knocking down another veteran and then 'running away' and is given the choice by his 'victim' of either retracting the lie or being charged with assault. He refuses to back down from his lies (why was no police report filed, how did he know that 'the police were already outside', why did no one else see him throw a punch, why if he was such a 'hero' did he run like a coward to avoid being charged by the police or simply questioned?)

The only other point I'd like to make here is to wonder out loud how the OP got to be a moderator when he spends his time and links to a monumentally disgusting and juvenile site like he did. What are the moderator standards, pray tell, cuz wow. Just wow. The vast majority of moderators I've seen here have been wise and fair-minded to a fault, but this OP just seems to be totally off-the-wall hate mongering.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It REALLY ticks me off that you would post this article without any Comment. ( isnt that against ats rules?)

Jesse felt he was done wrong by this guys words and sued him. He died. SHE gets all his stuff. Jesse's ONLY recourse is to in turn ask that she is the defendant in the dead mans stead. This is LEGAL.THIS is within jesse's RIGHT.

Or doesn't Semper Fi mean anything to YOU. You fought for these rights. ( did you not?)

The only thing despicable here is people who do Not understand THE LAW you claimed to fight for.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This is FOX methodology, people. Publicity controls how people see things, and the majority of his statements were obscured by what the news chose to broadcast. This is yellow journalism - 20% fact, 80% opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

And I also know Ventura is a liberal.

Oops...there goes the credibility of that post.

Please get your "facts" straight....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And I thought I had some evil tendencies.

Why in the hell would you sue her for any reason at this stage in her life, having just lost her husband in such a terrible way?!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wasn't Chris Kyle the president of Craft International which is some kind of private mercenary group like Blackwater that operates inside the US? Remember those weird guys with the Craft International hats at the Boston bombing? Isn't ATS supposed to be a conspiracy site? And Jesse Ventura is one of our guys because he's speaking truth to power? Chris Kyle served in Iraq and I respect him for that. But then to help create a creepy Blackwater-like private security group sounds a little weird to me and is the opposite of what we do here. This OP is way off and I'm not sure what his point is coming here. I mean if I'm going to side with anyone it's going to be Jesse Ventura. And hypothetically IF Chris Kyle really did punch Jesse Ventura for speaking out, that in and of itself sounds a bit lame. What if Jesse Ventura is right and we did go to war for no reason? Also a guy that is supposed to be protecting freedom should be protecting even Jesse Ventura's freedom to speak out not trying to punch him. I know this might sound simplistic but some people need to take a step back and just look at this whole situation. What is the OPs motive here? What was Chris Kyle's motive?

Regardless of all these questions I just asked I do believe Jesse should drop the case. Just out of respect for the dead. But I don't think Jesse is a horrible "cockroach". He should just publicly state his side of what happened and leave it at that. The guy died in a really horrible tragic way.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I can't believe this.

She didn't even make the comment.

And he is suing her after having lost her husband in such a terrible way.

WTF?!!

That's nuts!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join