It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Problem Going To Church.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
um... dgtempe...

I'm a he.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
who is being hateful? Don't hate me because I have morals, and yes my morals (religion!!!) play a role im my desicion making.

As said before, don't mix morals and religion, nor spirituality and religion. They are very separate things.

Abortion IS murder.

I agree.

Marriage is a sacred union between MAN an WOMAN.

Says who? The bible? Well if we all believed in the bible, every divorced woman would have been shot in the head by now.

These are my "close-minded" beliefs (morals) and are heald by the majority in this great country.

Close minded? Yes. Ignorant? I'm getting that impression. Beliefs held by the majority of the people in our great country? Nope, not even close.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
um... dgtempe...

I'm a he.
my humble appologies.
you're still smart in my book

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Personally that is when thety NEED to go to church. IF one supports abortion and things Ungodly, then that is when they need church the most!

Really edsinger, tell you what, I don't believe in religion or religious political propaganda, I believe that the bible is a book written by men and for men.

I am not a Christian because as to today Jesus has not been found Through archaeological research, I don't believe in organized religion that all it does is sucking your wallet for redemption, but guess what I believe in God or creator and he is not a political figure and is not running for president and he does not favor only the US, so go tell a scare "god is going to send you to hell bs" to somebody else it does not work with me and thank my "creator" neither work with my children, they love their creator for what he is, just a creator.

And one more thing I feel that my creator loves me and loves human kind and is not more hell that the one we all have here in earth.

The boogy man does not work anymore with intelligent people.

Even in faith we have become divided in this country.

[edit on 123030p://666 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Amelia,

I personally am glad religion plays a role in who I pick to lead my country. Without it we WOULD have gay marriages, more abortions to fuel the stem cell research cult, and I am personally glad you are happy living in your socio-centric, anti-moral, liberal little country.

Whats best for Quebec isn't necesarilly best for a country the size of the US. I know you can't comprehend this but I look at the size of your country and compare it to ours. See a little difference there?

I Can you figure out why I'm making this comment?

SIZE is nothing o.k...What size is england and other influent countries??????smaller than province of Qc.... I wonder what size is your masculin member if you are SO BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD

Sorry everybody, the mods u can banned me but this guy makes me puke!

[edit on 6/11/04 by Amelia]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Amelia,

You get a standing ovation for this.

I just spilled my coke all over the keyboard

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
whoa, hold on......

My girlfriend is quite satisfied

But back to my statement earlier. The point im trying to make is that America is a bit larger in population and diversity than say...... Quebec, England, France,etc,

Our population contains more different subcultures. Muslim, Spanish, Indian (both native and the other ones
) etc.

What works for these countries won't necisarilly work for ours.

Does that make my thought process a little clearer?

P.S. make sure you hold your hair back when your puking, that smell is tough to get out

I'm debating like four women here arent I? Man, I'm screwed!!!

[edit on 6-11-2004 by LostSailor]

IBM

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by Mizar
if they are that devout to their political standpoints and so disgusted with hatred for republicans that they dont want to go to church they obviouslly have verry little moral longing to be in teh presence of God and dont follow the religion well enough to even say they are an established person in the church

if you meant if i felt like i shoulnd go to church because i dont like republicans im sorry i messed up your thread already ill remove this post if it is nessaciry

NOW what is religion having to do with politics now!!! Thats is like the stoopidest thing I have heard in a long time

REligion is personnal, it has nothing to do with countries or politics HELLLLO??? If you religious system is like that in the STATES, well, unlucky you!

I'M so glad in Montreal, chruches are empty and we make our own spirituality! Don't u see it's ANOTHER WAY OF MASS CONTROL! Damn some butt must be kicked!
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats why your country is suseptible to attack, you tree huggers are to busy protetecting your trees while your beaches will get invaded. Good luck with your strategy, its only a matter of time till you get invaded. I think the US needs to invade Canada and declare it US terrority.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Thats wh your country is suseptible to attack, you tree huggers are to busy protetecting your trees while your beaches will get invaded. Good luck with your strategy, its only a matter of time till you get invaded. I think the US needs to invade Canada and declare it US terrority.

lol, can't you make a point without resorting to petty name calling?

IBM

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Originally posted by IBM

Thats wh your country is suseptible to attack, you tree huggers are to busy protetecting your trees while your beaches will get invaded. Good luck with your strategy, its only a matter of time till you get invaded. I think the US needs to invade Canada and declare it US terrority.

lol, can't you make a point without resorting to petty name calling?

Well why dont you tell that to Amelia, she insulted another member first by asking of his "masculine member"

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
IBM - If you have a problem with Amelia, deal with Amelia.

If you have a problem with Canada... I'll say what I usually say. We may lose in an invasion of Canada by the U.S.... but I'll be in the front lines defending my country. I may go down, but I'll be sure, in that case, to take a few Americans with me.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Well why dont you tell that to Amelia, she insulted another member first by asking of his "masculine member"

Talk to Amelia about it - you weren't insulting her, you were trying to insult the country as a whole. big difference.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Government and religion should not be combined with one another. Wealthy and powerful countries know this that's why they remain as they are. The US do not tie up religion and government until recently, that's why they remain strong. Poor countries on the other hand can't seperate religion from government. Evidence of these are in third world countries who tie religion with government affairs that's why they can't get off their status.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Personally that is when thety NEED to go to church. IF one supports abortion and things Ungodly, then that is when they need church the most!

Just like those who go to church but still dislike minorites (basically blacks) in this country today? I mean back in "the day" so to speak these same type of people would hang/lynch on a Sat and then go pray in church on a Sun. I mean damn, hell what God are they preaching too b/c the true God loved everyone, even those who murdered his son on the cross.

[edit on 11/6/2004 by truseeker]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The original question was about the relatives that were wondering about going to church......I did not get the impression it was because they were 'sore losers' .......I got the impression they were going to be uncomfortable around the Bush crowd. (miserable might be more like it, and who would want to be so rude as to have to argue their defense in a church environment?)

I bought a local paper Friday, in it there was a letter to the editor from a 'good christian', a church member....who made it quite clear democrats that said they were christian were liars, they could 'no way' be christian...

It was quite obvious that if you did not vote the way she did, you would not be welcomed at her church!! The letter went on to say that democrats were evil, and gave the usual 'baby killer' mantra.

Let me spell it out for you folks----Just because I think a person needs to decide on an abortion for themselves,, that the government should not make that decision for them---I DO NOT KILL BABIES! Kerry even made the point in the debate, that he didn't think abortion was a wonderful thing , but he was for a woman's right to choose, and her choice would be between her and God. (God is the one who gave us free will -- right?)

Personally I would not have an abortion, I would not want my daughter to have one, I would offer to raise the child myself, If she could not. I don't think they should be done for stupid, flimsy reasons. But I do not know everybody else's circumstances, most of the anti abortion crowd do not allow for any 'what ifs'. If the mother is dying, too bad, no abortion, not even to save her life!? If she's too poor, too young.....do they offer to adopt her baby, ...give her another option?

I have seen 'christians' find 'evil' in a wide range of things over the years....the records of old church meetings proved to be an eye-opener years ago when I read how an elderly lady was 'turned out of' church, had her membership 'revoked' ......because her son had married a catholic girl.
When I was a kid, they did it to some one for inter racial dating....

When the pastor took the money that had been given to help a family who's house had burned, and built a steeple on the church instead.....that was it for me. (the original church had burned years before when lightning struck--the steeple )

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is how I see it speaking from a Christian perspective. A Church is sanctified as a place of worship by the community for fellowship, praising "God" and sharing in sacraments and study (varies by denomination). The church building is not the only place you find God, if you believe, then God is in your heart, you can practice your faith at home but faith needs to be shared to grow, find people with your same interests. Most religions say you have to tithe the church, since the "church" is the people, you can make donations to charities that help the needy and any organization that provides a means to help people and consider it giving tithe. We have a large number of churches in our area, while I do see the Catholics and Methodist providing some assitance to needy causes localy, I don't see a foodbank, soup kitchen, homeless shelter anywhere. I have seen two Habitat Houses, Thanks Jimmy Carter and the people working for HFH org.
The preaching of politics from the pulpit is a disgrace to the sactuary. In retrospect, preaching from the oval office is a violation of constitution since it pressures people who do not share the beliefs of the office holder. "God Bless America" has been understood as professing no specific faith and should not be considered an endorsement of religion. Attempting to pass laws based on religious beliefs is a Theocracy and with some politicians a Hipocracy since they don't practice the virtues of there own faith.
While the constitution does not specify seperation of church and state, it does state that the government shall not endorse any law or control over the people using religion and shall respect the religious practice of all Americans.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Church and government should not be combined in ways that alienates either citizens or worshipers. Isn't this exact concept of not combining religion with government what we were so against when fighting the Taliban? If someone cannot attend church without having Bush propoganda thrown at them or have to sit through a sermon filled with political "we're cool you suck" BS worked in, then why bother going. It becomes a political rally and not a church.

Unfortunately Bush and the republicans have already destroyed the constitutional provision that is supposed to separate church and state by funding "Faith Based Initiatives" with our damn tax dollars. It is going to take alot of s**t hitting the fan at this point to un-do the last 4 years and the next 4 years of damage they will inflict on us.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is a letter from a christian written to Jeff Rense's web site. This should make your blood run cold. Although i donot believe it speaks for every christian, its worth the read.www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not even gonna read it, I'm sure I wouldn't agree with it.

I guess I made a good point earlier as no one wanted to comment on what I had to say.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is a letter from a christian written to Jeff Rense's web site. This should make your blood run cold.
OMG....that's exactly what I have been talking about. "Many", not all mind you, but many, christians look at him like a god or saint! I am very concerned for our future!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join