It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Problem Going To Church.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is a letter from a christian written to Jeff Rense's web site. This should make your blood run cold.
OMG....that's exactly what I have been talking about. "Many", not all mind you, but many, christians look at him like a god or saint! I am very concerned for our future!
LadyV, i thinkwe're in trouble here if this letter represents what we're up against.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
OMG....that's exactly what I have been talking about. "Many", not all mind you, but many, christians look at him like a god or saint! I am very concerned for our future!

And then you see why many are looking in the wrong places for the antichrist he is front of us already, but i got something that is making me feel a lot better, even when bush won the elections he did not rule the majority, taken in consideration the votes that the independant parties took add to the ones kerry got, you can see that bush does not rule the majority in this country after all.
Halleluha,

[edit on 7-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OK, I decided to read the "article" and now wish I hadn't because my first assumption was correct. If you actually believe this a real article something is wrong with you.

The word moral is spelled wrong for Gods sake. You would think a man that talks about morals and good values his entire life would be able to spell it correctly.

Please look at what you are posting before you post it.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
OK, I decided to read the "article" and now wish I hadn't because my first assumption was correct. If you actually believe this a real article something is wrong with you.

The word moral is spelled wrong for Gods sake. You would think a man that talks about morals and good values his entire life would be able to spell it correctly.

Please look at what you are posting before you post it.
whether they spelled moral correctly or incorrectly doesnt have anything to do with the content. This is an email someone wrote.
Ever have a type-o? whats this got to do with the price of tea in China?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
In my opinion if someone is that upset over the election and what we are "headed for" then this would be the time when your faith would be the most important. If your priest/preacher gave you the ultimatum of either voting for Bush or not coming back then I belive it's time to find a new church. Why in the world would one avoid church because John Kerry didn't win? It's when times are dark, or at least percieved as being dark, that faith is most important. I'm a registered independant (leaning towards Libretarian) and the thing that most alarmed me about this past election was not who won or who lost but the involvement religion had in the outcome. I consider myself to be a religious person but I strongly support the seperation of church and state and in this past election the line between the two was very thin.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I havent read the whole thread yet, but I find this interesting as I am having a huge issue dealing with this election on account of the "church" being so pro Bush myself. The church is for the glory of God. It doesnt exist for the glory of any man including the President of the USA. If this doesn't stop, and stop now, I don't personally think God will like it much. I didn't go to church today for the exact same reason, and I didnt vote for Kerry, (i voted independent) but I just find this not sitting well with me at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So have all the people in these threads getting upset over the church's endorsing Bush (although I don't know of any respectable church that would openly endorse any candidate) getting equally upset over all the churches in the south and elsewhere that allowed Kerry to deliver stump speeches from their pulpits? If Bush showed up at the First Self Righteous Church in Passmaguda and delivered a stump speech, you all know darn well that church would lose its tax exempt status. So where's the outcry? Or do churches endorsing the opposition get a free pass?

Just a thought.

And by the way, any church that endorses, or expresses support or dissention for a particular candidate should lose their tax exempt status. Period. They can talk about morality and what is and is not a good moral judgement, but endorsing a candidadte by name is specifically prohibited. To do so, IMHO, should get you a one way ticket to taxville.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is a letter from a christian written to Jeff Rense's web site. This should make your blood run cold. Although i donot believe it speaks for every christian, its worth the read

Well, worth the readis kind of a stretch!
I get turned off by anyone pushing anything with that much fervor.

I believe Bush is sincere in his religious beliefs...period.
It has nothing to do with whom I vote for.

Although I was too young to vote, I rememberwell all the "gossip" going around the country regarding Kennedy's religion. My gawd, you would have thought the country was all going to hell if he was elected. Unless you converted to Catholicism.
So, this religion article is not new. I can only imagine the Kennedy-Nixon election if the internet was around

Too many people who attend religious worship do so for the wrong reasons, I fear. Worship should be to praise the Creator, not to deal with the secular world.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Too many people who attend religious worship do so for the wrong reasons, I fear. Worship should be to praise the Creator, not to deal with the secular world.

Amen to that

That is why I feel very bless and comfortable doing my conversations with my creator in the privacy of my home, yes I know many people find closure in churches, but I do not agree with the pushing of believes.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Thats why your country is suseptible to attack, you tree huggers are to busy protetecting your trees while your beaches will get invaded. Good luck with your strategy, its only a matter of time till you get invaded. I think the US needs to invade Canada and declare it US terrority.

i think your my new best freind. where did american planes land when they couldn't land in america on september eleventh? canada, buddy. we have trade agreements and our constitutions are both based on fairness and equality. what's your excuse to say such a heinous things?
canadians are good people, dude. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE!

[edit on 8-11-2004 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
O.k...guys, I'm sorry for the bad things I've said....I'm just a woman who make jokes, but sometimes it comes out like an insult

I've already said I'm sorry to Lost Sailor, that I got to know much better now...U don't make me puke o.k hehehehehe

By the way, it's not because i'm not a catholic christians that I'm not a good person...I practice my own religion....I meditate, I practice unconditional love...does it mean I'll go to hell, I don't think so...

Don't insult canada please!!! We have a nice country (I can't say "we r the best in the world" but we really are good people. Just like the states, our provinces are different, that's it! In Qu�bec, we speak french and it's a bit like Europe....

Love you all, forgive me for my jokes...I have big sens of humour

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
There was a preacher here that was telling his congregation to vote bush or not to bother comming back to church.

This would cause them to lose their tax exempt status. The government does in fact send unannounced people to sit in churches to ensure this. There is no secret about it. Talk to any minister or admin of the church who works with communication or finance.

My daughter came home from church sunday before last and said that some grown ups were talking about Kerry killing and eating Babies.

Sounds like a problem with 'grown-ups' then, not with Christianity. Read the Book, it says otherwise.

I think it is time to examine the church's tax exempt status if they are going to become a tool of any political organization.

Okay, I agree here. The church is there to provide education on morality. I think if they're using the government's money then the ought not be involved in a political party. On the other hand, if they're not using government funding, what would be the need to silence them? I can tell in your further posts twitchy you already have a bone to pick, so sorry for the unfavorable impressions Christians left you but that's not typically the case.

In defense of the following churches, I can say I had attended some of them on a very regular basis but found no Republican/Democrat party backing: Baptist (considered southern), Non-Denominational Protestant, Methodist, and Presbyterian. I guess that makes me a Protepresbymethobaptist
I've visited others, again without political party support.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join