It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember...? **memorial day**

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntrinsicMotivation

Originally posted by nenothtu

I never murdered anyone, despite being classed as a "murderin' bastard". Kids these days seem not to know the difference. I dunno what they're indoctrinating them with in school.

Education my friend is a key issue here.

Yes, yes it is. Sadly, in some cases it simply won't take.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'd like to know what tribe you are, however, so I can avoid that res like the plague. They're not the sort I want in my corner.

If you must know I am Shawnee by birthright yet this nice branch made by the government called The Bureau of Indian Affairs thought it would be a good Idea to help the Cherokee relocated to Oklahoma by death march recoup numbers by Registering babies from other tribes as Cherokee.

Thanks for making me remember another thing about government I never could understand.

I am exactly what the government fears.

An Educated Minoritry!!

Now I am REALLY ashamed - that you would give up the People to gang-bangers.

Tecumseh is crying.

Wishe katawi.

edit on 2013/5/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

why are you trashing this thread.
It is not acceptable IMO. Give it a rest.

Take your grievances to a separate thread.
Many men who died in war - had NO choice about signing up, they were conscripted.
Probably many of them were native Americans too.

Now because I call for remembrance of my fallen soldiers I am trashing the thread?

Hypocrite much?

I understand truth hurts, but that is how I prefer it. It can be ugly, but unraveling a web of lies and finding you have been played hurts more.

Like I said earlier I am sorry for all who have suffered and lost anyone. Death by war is ugly and I wish it did not exist. But please put yourself in my shoes and remember that One man’s terrorist is another man’s FREEDOM FIGHTER

Look at me however you choose. That is your perspective and this is mine.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Whats sad is the veiled hatred for Americans in this thread.

You don't have to like the policy's this Government places or has, the wars we were involved in, but the lack of respect is typical for the hate that people have for anything American. Especially for those who sacrificed their lives.

Really, I would like them to just come out and say it outright, how much they hate America and Americans. It serves no place to hide behind the veil.

Honestly they are all hypocrites. The lot of them. Respect begets Respect. NONE of them have mine.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Now I am REALLY ashamed that you would give up the People to gang-bangers.

Tecumseh is crying.

Wishe katawi.

Inside I am crying for you for being out of touch with the minority. We are the ones who get treated like 2nd class citizens, profiled and stereotyped. Oh what I would give to be born the right color.

You do realize the first gang bangers to be big were the Klu Klux Klan so spare your ignorance. People link up regardless of color when we are all struggling in the same area. Believe it or not, it is the type of stuff you don’t see on the news.

Remember the "FREEDOM RIDERS?"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

We need real soldiers to unify in the military to combine with the street soldiers in Amerikkka aka Gang members.

If you can see Crips and Bloods unite then it is possible to unite them all to fight the real enemy. We have the street troops; we just need organization and leadership.

If we could link up every Gang

And people was willing to bear the pain

We could put the White House lights out today!!!

lol

The last sentence is fine, the rest is...garbage.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I can't start a thread T_T, my open mindedness gives me negative points..

Damn you see the devil everywhere eh? and who are these mysterious bogeyman that are always coming for me?

What do you think feeds you? Guns and bullets, or the flowers in the barrel, without nature, your DEAD, were all DEAD. So i am happy to support it in any way i can, and feel honor in helping feed other's in need.

I just hope you don't actually teach anyone anything, otherwise your just breeding more criminals.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You don't have to like the policy's this Government places or has, the wars we were involved in, but the lack of respect is typical for the hate that people have for anything American. Especially for those who sacrificed their lives.

Really, I would like them to just come out and say it outright, how much they hate America and Americans. It serves no place to hide behind the veil.

Honestly they are all hypocrites. The lot of them. Respect begets Respect. NONE of them have mine.
''

WHAT???

I am being honest as always, but wtf does it have to do with America, you people are not the centre of the planet!! Russia has criminals wearing soldier uniforms, China, Korea, Europe, U.S.A and many more, something the Military Industrial Complex would be proud of.

There is no way i am actually reading this BS, honoring criminals, and making them heroes and role models for younger generations, you people are effing sick.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Oh I honor the trees, and this earth that protects and feeds me. I honor the man that stand up to Tyrants in none violent means, that solve problems through listening, and understanding.

There is no Honor in supporting or being in a war, I don't care what you colour it, but a Turd is a Turd no matter where you are.

This is who gave up parts of Europe to Hitler in the name of peace. This is who failed to enforce the Armistice (from WWI) which would have prevented WWII.

Not you personally...those who think like you contribute to the deathtoll as much or more than others.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh what I would give to be born the right color.

Color doesn't matter when you are dead.

Damn you're ignorant.

Ever visit the Vietnam memorial? You don't see segregation among the dead.

You see veterans crying over their fallen brothers, regardless of color, religion, race.

I'm of mixed decent, so that color barrier you are claiming is BS. Blood is red, regardless of skin.

edit on 28-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So that is what they call it these days? I have another word for it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Memorial day started out as "Decoration Day", to remember Confederate dead. Then it got taken over by the Federals, and it was re-designated for the dead of BOTH sides.

I don't just remember my OWN dead. I remember the guys on the other end of the sights, too. They died for what THEY believed in, just like my own did. There was as much honor there as there was here.

For 30 years now, up until this year, every Memorial Day I've gone out somewhere by myself and had a beer with the dead, and I've always poured out a drink for the fallen on the other side, too.

Now I see "me me me, mine, mine, mine". There is more hate spewed NOW by allegedly "loving" people than I think I've ever seen, even through gun smoke.

Jesus Christ! It makes a grown man want to cry, and fear for the future that he delivered his kids into.

ETA: I can't do this any more. If folks want to discuss such things as how the KKK is a shining example of the gang-bangers they want to ally with and whatnot, start another thread for it.

This ain't the place.

edit on 2013/5/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Very nice way to remember those who have fallen, on every side Neno....

My Grandpa used to tell me that he would say a prayer for the North Koreans, or Chinese he came across also.

He had that same type of thinking you had. I don't know anyone personally that loves War. No one. The claims from the hypocrites in this thread have no bearing on what I believe. Its sad though the misconceptions of people that claim they do all, but have never put their lives on the line, for ANYTHING. Nothing to back up their grandiose illusions of what life is, and what sacrifice is.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You have 384 posts. You can start a thread.

This ain't the one for this discussion.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh what I would give to be born the right color.

Color doesn't matter when you are dead.

Damn you're ignorant.

Ever visit the Vietnam memorial? You don't see segregation among the dead.

You see veterans crying over their fallen brothers, regardless of color, religion, race.

I'm of mixed decent, so that color barrier you are claiming is BS. Blood is red, regardless of skin.

edit on 28-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Nope, not ignorant at all.

I see all as my brothers and sisters and recognize there are bad apples in all sizes shapes and colors. I have a diverse surrounding.

I am sorry you feel hurt and anger from my words. Now look in the mirror from my perspective.

I personally have no anger or hatred to any member here. I am but one of all of you. I have read many thoughts and opinions as a lurker, yet I felt sometimes there were things not getting any attention. So I post it.

Maybe there are others who will read my words and know that they are not alone.

And if it matters to you, I have lost friends and family to both war and the streets.
I remember them every day.

As you get older you realize that money can never buy time and that makes time the most valuable commodity.

Edited to say- In Respect having said wait I felt was missing I will leave this thread now.
edit on 28-5-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Why are you in a thread that Honors those who made the ultimate sacrifice then ? You do know what Memorial day is in America, right?

Its SO obvious that you have no respect for those who have died with comments like this.

There is no way i am actually reading this BS, honoring criminals, and making them heroes and role models for younger generations, you people are effing sick.

That's why I said what I said.

Typical ATS.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am going to be 100% honest now, nobody wins a war, and walk away with honor, my grandfather was in both wars, forcefully of course, and that turned him into an alcoholic because he couldn't handle what he and his friends had done. He would never call a soldier an honorable man, or even drink to one. Thus the alcohol destroyed his body, and for what?

Raised taxes, private prisons, federal policies, criminalizing innocent people (Marijuana smokers, Raw Milk sellers, Organic food farmer;s), yeah you people totally fought for a good cause.

Now for my honest opinion, you people didn't change SQUAT!! you didn't help anyone, and you surely didn't save anybody at that. Thanks for helping the tyrants that run our country domesticate all of us, and other's around the world.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am curious as to why criminals are being honored? i have gotten shiet for not wearing one of those flowers during remembrance day from a Vet plenty of times, because i don't honor criminals?

Also i am not saying you people are terrible, just that you have chosen an aggressive life style, turning your self's into murderers and thieves. Not hating, just saying.
edit on 28-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Now for my honest opinion, you people didn't change SQUAT!! you didn't help anyone, and you surely didn't save anybody at that. Thanks for helping the tyrants that run our country domesticate all of us, and other's around the world.

Ironic.

I hear this response from many people. The same people who have no problem buying electronic gadgets and food from Countries that use child Labor, or slave labor. The same people who fill the pockets of some CEO who has no problem raping the land of resources, and slaving humanity. Like I said Hypocrites. Look in the mirror and tell me you know 100% that the products you own, haven't come with the price of some child or person in a third Word Country. Either you don't know, or you don't want to know.

I will let you check your "products' to see if the shoe fits...........

until then.......

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I am curious as to why criminals are being honored? i have gotten shiet for not wearing one of those flowers during remembrance day from a Vet plenty of times, because i don't honor criminals?

Also i am not saying you people are terrible, just that you have chosen an aggressive life style, turning your self's into murderers and thieves. Not hating, just saying.
edit on 28-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

There really can't be any serious dialog here. We come from different worlds, apparently. In my world, a man has to actually break a law to be a "criminal" (because here, that's what defines "criminality"), but it appears that in yours it's enough to simply throw the label around.

Bye now, and have a nice life.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join