It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember...? **memorial day**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

If you ask me, said individual prolly does a whole lotta nothing. People like that are all talk, no walk. They'll yell and scream at everyone else to do something, and yet when the time comes for them to man up, they back right down and clam up. In short, exactly the type of person the world does not need at this point. I'd take an overt enemy over a falsely-righteous person any day of the week, as the person who claims they are more righteous are also the most likely to stab you in the back when push comes to shove. Just my two cents..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by randyvs

War is unacceptable and anyone who participates is scum. period.
I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth.

Soldiers are murderers.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

My blood is boiling from reading this and all the #stars# you have recieved.

I was born in a military hospital - my father used to fly Vulcan bombers - yes they carried nuclear bombs.[ for 3 years] - if it wasn't for that nuclear umbrella and the threat of MAD - Europe would have fallen [ arguably]

However - he and his colleagues also spent 3 years risking their lives to rescue people on the air sea rescue helicopters - pulling out drowning children and seamen whose ships were sinking.

I am proud of him and his colleagues who were brave and full of honour - many died too young in air crashes.

My grandfathers/ great grandfather/ great uncles were in both wars [ WW1 and WW2 ] as were my dads uncles ...

You have no idea how disrespectful and wrong you are.

I would pray that you never see active service.

I will save my prayers for those who have been killed and damaged by war,

edit on 28-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My hubby was in a war too,though not one that is considered like the major ones.It was the South African Border war.There are things that haunt him too,and always will.
But he has some good memories too,of times in the army bases when they were on downtime.He even had a dog which he called Swapo,which he got from the chief of a village they passed through.A Mastiff.He was surprised to find in this small tribal village in what is now Namibia(then SouthWest-Africa) this chief with the litter of the most gorgeous Mastiff puppies.He asked for,and was given one of his choice.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Hi Helen good to see you around again

To Ghost375-be careful to not generalise.In my country the soldiers were conscripted,it was go to war and fight-or go to jail.

So living in a small country with it's back to the wall against Russia,and the armies of Cubans on our doorstep,a lot of the scum decided to try and protect their loved ones,and their country from being forcefully invaded-instead of sitting in jail twiddling their thumbs.

This was no phoney war for South Africa to enrich itself,it was a desperate all-out fight for survival,against a formidable enemy.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My blood is boiling from reading this and all the #stars# you have recieved.

In reference to your response to Ghost...

Why do people always cry about stars?

It's pretty obvious that a lot of the people who read this thread agree with Ghost which is why they starred Ghost's posts.

Now, the fact that their posts got so many stars and that many of those who read this thread agree with Ghost should tell you something...perhaps Ghost raised some valid points?

Just a thought to ponder upon.

I had some thoughts of my own to share, but then decided that this thread on Memorial day (or the day after) was not the place to share them out of respect for the fallen.
edit on 5/28/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I was hoping to see a reference to the civil war since it is the origin of Memorial Day.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

[Now, the fact that their posts got so many stars and that many of those who read this thread agree with Ghost should tell you something...perhaps Ghost raised some valid points?

]

No he / she has NOT made any valid points. Just off the cuff, black and white, non reflective, uninformed thinking - spouted thoughtlessly on a thread made to honour the fallen.

It is disrespectful.
edit on 28-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I was hoping to see a reference to the civil war since it is the origin of Memorial Day.

It says that in the excerpt I linked from Wiki.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Ghost375

Who put them there? Who put the politicians into office who are incapable of finding any other solution to a problem?

Scum? Murderers? Save some of that hate for yourself, sirrah. 'Cause we're all part of the problem. Not just the soldiers.

No, I refuse to vote because I know all politicians, like willing soldiers, are scum.

Then get out there and start campaigning to hold one of these offices so you can attempt to make a difference, rather than sitting around throwing stones at others and bitching about the status quo. You spineless bimbo.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

BTW and also.

The vast majority

?

What are you even thinking about employing a soliloguy that suggests the U.S. has had a galaxy
full of a wars? Or even a reasonable facsimile there of ? There isn't anything vast about the U.S.
except the acreage it was instituted there upon. So your attempt at sounding intelligent is also a
total wash, amigo.
edit on 28-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
PLEASE

Can you take your meaningless political banter elsewhere?

This is NOT the thread for it

You have been advised

So don't complain when I action your posts

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Jungles in Nam... the noisy, noisy quiet of the night. The feeling someone was moving close by you, but no solid evidence there was.
Not seeing, not hearing anything specific but just feeling the jungle.

Then the sudden absolute quiet...someone is out there... and moving.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, I refuse to vote because I know all politicians, like willing soldiers, are scum.

As usual, blanket statements, in and of themselves are false.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
But I can't... Because even as I write this, someone's child is having to do things that will haunt their dreams for the rest of their lives.

Parents don't let your children joint the military.

They are good people who are now just used by the evil ones in control. It should be obvious by now. Vietnam was the worst piece of evil the leaders of this country inflicted on he citizens. (other than ransacking Georgia in the civil war.)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

As usual, blanket statements, in and of themselves are false.

Polictians are alll that way. You haven't noticed yet? Which planet you on

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by roadgravel

It says that in the excerpt I linked from Wiki.

Right, that was meant as a thanks for adding it to the thread. I should have been more specific.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Is the possibility of every sacrifice made by, every service man since 1775 ending up to be in vain.

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion. Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex.

This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda.
Don't be dumb. Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom?

I wasn't going to post in this thread at all, and I've got my reasons for that. This post, however, changed that. A tiny bit of education can do most folks a world of good. Yours appears to be lacking. The motto of ATS being "Deny Ignorance", I reckon it's my duty to do so, right here, right now,

Memorial Day was a southern holiday, started to commemorate the Confederate dead fro the Civil War. It used to be called "Decoration Day" before the Yankees co-opted it and made it a Federal holiday. Imagine that. It had nothing to do with any mysterious and nebulous "TPTB" that you so fear. Not everything is a conspiracy. Get yerself some fresh air every now and then. it'll do you a world of good to dispel those cobwebs where your thinker ought to be.

You don't get to tell other folks what they are fighting for. It's not your call, and you don't get to do their thinking for them. You only get to decide what YOU find worth fighting for, and I suspect that ain't much.

I know you brainwashed conservatives here won't like this, but it's the damned truth.

Soldiers are murderers.

Yeah.

You're welcome all the same. For all of your irrational fear of "TPTB", not a one of them prevented you from typing that tripe. You can thank a murderin' bastard for that.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

reply to post by randyvs

Is the possibility of every sacrifice made by, every service man since 1775 ending up to be in vain.

The vast majority of wars since then have been wars of expansion. Their sacrifices have been to expand the military industrial complex.

This "holiday" was completely manufactured by TPTB to promote their agenda.
Don't be dumb. Do you really think they've been fighting wars for your freedom?

I wasn't going to post in this thread at all, and I've got my reasons for that. This post, however, changed that. A tiny bit of education can do most folks a world of good. Yours appears to be lacking. The motto of ATS being "Deny Ignorance", I reckon it's my duty to do so, right here, right now,

Memorial Day was a southern holiday, started to commemorate the Confederate dead fro the Civil War. It used to be called "Decoration Day" before the Yankees co-opted it and made it a Federal holiday. Imagine that. It had nothing to do with any mysterious and nebulous "TPTB" that you so fear. Not everything is a conspiracy. Get yerself some fresh air every now and then. it'll do you a world of good to dispel those cobwebs where your thinker ought to be.

You don't get to tell other folks what they are fighting for. It's not your call, and you don't get to do their thinking for them. You only get to decide what YOU find worth fighting for, and I suspect that ain't much.

Soldiers are murderers.

Yeah.

You're welcome all the same. For all of your irrational fear of "TPTB", not a one of them prevented you from typing that tripe. You can thank a murderin' bastard for that.

Wake up, TPTB want you to type here so they can learn about you. Yes they are evil.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah I remember while most people will be drinking beer, and eating hog dogs,. and burgers joking, and laughing having a grand old time.

There were those, there are those, drinking sweat, eating dirt, getting shot at, and blown up for not just one day or one war on some no name battle field long forgotten by most though out the centuries of this country.

I haven't forgotten Memorial Day, most people have.

They signed up for it, to shoot or be shot. It's not like you sign up and they tell you "were going to be chasing rainbows", no they tell you that you will have to "Kill" other people, straight and simple. They don't even hide it, as soon as you go and start signing up, the first thing they ask is, "you know that you will have to kill other's?".

Making heroes out of criminals, what kind of lessons are you people teaching our younger generation?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah I remember while most people will be drinking beer, and eating hog dogs,. and burgers joking, and laughing having a grand old time.

There were those, there are those, drinking sweat, eating dirt, getting shot at, and blown up for not just one day or one war on some no name battle field long forgotten by most though out the centuries of this country.

I haven't forgotten Memorial Day, most people have.

They signed up for it, to shoot or be shot. It's not like you sign up and they tell you "were going to be chasing rainbows", no they tell you that you will have to "Kill" other people, straight and simple. They don't even hide it, as soon as you go and start signing up, the first thing they ask is, "you know that you will have to kill other's?".

Making heroes out of criminals, what kind of lessons are you people teaching our younger generation?

I agree with you but we can't apply this to the wars where our ancestors were drafted and forced into service like vietnam and WWII.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join