It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember...? **memorial day**

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by beezzer
To my brothers and sisters, especially the ones that didn't make it back home.

And I'll second that in my booming vavoom voice that could drowned out a
Bigfoot, because Ghost has got me chew'n nails.

edit on 28-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Amen to that, and you can certainly tell who those people are.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Those who can't remember are doomed to repeat the same mistakes through ignorance.

Remembering is what gave me the ammo to convince my own son not to go into the military.

Remembering ain't always a bad thing.

Spit at us "criminals" all you please. We KNOW why you can sleep at night. We know, because we've seen. You apparently haven't. I'd call that a job well done.

ETA: I think I'll leave this thread now, and go take a walk in the woods with my old hound dog, before my calm gets disturbed and I get my silly ass in trouble over not much of anything at all. Ya'll have a nice evening!

edit on 2013/5/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

You sir have obviously forgotten to remember my ancestors whose land was taken from them by force and bogus legalese treaties. The Gov has no honor and yet you honorably serve them.

History will repeat itself and you will one day face the tribulations of my ancestors and you will get no pity from me and mine; Taken by force or eroded rights though bogus legalese legislation.

It is already in motion and if you cannot see it then you deserve the outcome.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

But I can't... Because even as I write this, someone's child is having to do things that will haunt their dreams for the rest of their lives.

Parents don't let your children joint the military.

They are good people who are now just used by the evil ones in control. It should be obvious by now. Vietnam was the worst piece of evil the leaders of this country inflicted on he citizens. (other than ransacking Georgia in the civil war.)

Real Talk.

Stop supplying the AmeriKKKa Military with bodies to terrorize the rest of the World!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder2u
reply to post by Ghost375

I remember very well also, on this day, it is full of memories of brothers and sisters that did not make It back home! yes I am one of the scum, I volunteered, and was thrust into a hell pit, and was blown up, shot at, and tried to patch them up, to live! I may be the problem, but as god is my witness, people like me are the reason you can "feel" the way you do. you can burn the flag, as your right to express yourself, you can call us murderers, as your right to free speech, and you may choose not to vote, that is also your right. these "rights" are from those who we remember today. I am not proud of what I had to do, but I did my job. I made it back home. I remember not only what I have done, but also my friends who did not make it back, those who I had to watch slip away. to protect your right. if you are so angry at everybody in this country, please, feel free to leave. Go to another country, see what it is like to not have your rights.

I am sorry for your losses. You do realize that it was people just like you that took this land from my ancestors and you willingly participated in helping take the sovereignty away from people in other countries.

I only have what rights I have that I am willing to die for. And before you give me the average response of “if you don’t like it then get out!”

Remember Whose Land You Are Really In!!!

If you have any problems with what I have said then I suggest you read all my post in this thread starting on page 5 and enlighten yourself.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To all the soldiers that follow orders

Follow This Logic

You’re not guilty of genocide because after all you followed orders just like the Nazi’s with the Holocaust.

I tip my hat to you because you truly believe you did what was right.

If you were a medic, sure you didn’t kill someone personally, but you made it possible for soldiers to get back out on the killing field.

You’re not responsible for killing people personally because your detail was delivering supplies….WRONG if there was no supplies then there would be no destruction and further death.

Then you may say “Well if there are no supplies then our troops will be killed”

Then Get Out Of Their Country!!!

You soldier are guilty of treason for not protecting America from the Domestic Terrorist in Washington D.C. Last I checked you swore to protect this Country from all threats foreign and domestic.

Once again I say I know there are good ones out there but when are you going to unify your ranks and do something about this?

edit on 28-5-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We need real soldiers to unify in the military to combine with the street soldiers in Amerikkka aka Gang members.

If you can see Crips and Bloods unite then it is possible to unite them all to fight the real enemy. We have the street troops; we just need organization and leadership.

If we could link up every Gang

And people was willing to bear the pain

We could put the White House lights out today!!!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Although I highly doubt anyone will refute the truth I am speaking I will cover another ground in advance.

To those who say “We can use our votes to effect change” I say this

Peep out the CONcept, You got PROgress, You got CONgress

You PROtest in hopes they CONfess

Just PROceed on your CONquest

edit on 28-5-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

You speak the truth man, better then I could, our Ancestors were brother's and sister's, unlike the Spaniards my Ancestors welcomed your Ancestors teachings to live a better life, after crossing over from the land we call today (Russia).

I remember your Ancestors and mine, since they both experienced the same pain.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

But remembering such horrible days and years even, I can't see how that benefits anybody, especially younger generations.

Those who can't remember are doomed to repeat the same mistakes through ignorance.

Remembering is what gave me the ammo to convince my own son not to go into the military.

ETA: I think I'll leave this thread now, and go take a walk in the woods with my old hound dog, before my calm gets disturbed and I get my silly ass in trouble over not much of anything at all. Ya'll have a nice evening!

Well remembering also didn't fix anything now did it? People still invading and taking other peoples resources, land and freedoms.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Q: "What if the threw a war, and nobody came?"

A: You'd get overrun in pretty short order.

Sleep tight tonight. There's a reason you can, and it's not through your own effort apparently. It's because someone ELSE was willing to "sign up" and stand in the gap for you, and fall if necessary.

Many of them did just that - fall. It's not a video game, and there aren't any respawns. they're permanently dead.

Spit at us "criminals" all you please. We KNOW why you can sleep at night. We know, because we've seen. You apparently haven't. I'd call that a job well done.

What kind of bs do they feed you in the military?

The kind they serve on a shingle.

Why in the world would i honour or respect a person who signed up to kill other's?

No particular reason I can think of. Respect and honor come from inside, it's who you are. If you have none, that ain't my problem, and I can't help you find any. I understand that you can't give what you don't have to give.

I mean, if you signed up, and stayed here on the shores making sure no one invaded, AWESOME, hats of to yah!!

I didn't sign up in the way you're thinking, no medals or fooferaw for me. Well, I got one, but it was from a foreign nation, so it probably doesn't really count. Still, I went where I was needed, rather than hide out behind the sidelines. It was better to meet it and stop there than to wait on it to get to you.

But invading someone else's country, murdering the people there, actually gives me more trouble sleeping, because I know there are idiots making enemies around the world everyday!

I never murdered anyone, despite being classed as a "murderin' bastard". Kids these days seem not to know the difference. I dunno what they're indoctrinating them with in school.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yesterday was probably the best and worse Memorial Day I have ever had. I was entering a convenience store and opened the door for an elderly gentleman who had a Vietnam Vet hat on (Marines). He didn’t look at me, nor thank me. Not that I needed it.

But something came over me and I reached out as he passed and touched his shoulder. He looked at me and I stood at attention; saluted him and said, “Always remembering the fallen, and those who still stand. Thank you for what you have endured.”

He returned the salute and the hugged me, breaking down in the process. He told me “Thank you son, for never forgetting.” (Son? Hell, I’m 50 years old!)

Next thing I knew, I was blubbering too as I hate to see a grown man cry. Anywhos, we traded a few war stories, he gave me his business card and invited me to his Legion this weekend. I think I found a new friend.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Common sense maybe? If a person kills another person, or somehow helps the other person to achieve that task, is called a what? a criminal, and goes to jail, but if that person wears a uniform, now we gotta salute the bastard?

Oh I honor the trees, and this earth that protects and feeds me. I honor the man that stand up to Tyrants in none violent means, that solve problems through listening, and understanding.

There is no Honor in supporting or being in a war, I don't care what you colour it, but a Turd is a Turd no matter where you are.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I never murdered anyone, despite being classed as a "murderin' bastard". Kids these days seem not to know the difference. I dunno what they're indoctrinating them with in school.

Education my friend is a key issue here.

Social engineering and psychological warfare aka propaganda are constantly applying pressure to society like a boa constrictor. Then the media distorts the picture making what should be clear water murky. Dividing the people and so the story goes….

What I will tell you is that my college American History course managed to pay little attention to the Natives. On a side note there was also only one sentence that mentioned the great Nikola Tesla in the same book, compared to the recognition of Thomas Edison Remember whose system the World uses? A.C. = Tesla

Do you remember his sacrifice?

Cheated, robbed and died penniless. Good looking out Westinghouse…..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntrinsicMotivation

You sir have obviously forgotten to remember my ancestors whose land was taken from them by force and bogus legalese treaties. The Gov has no honor and yet you honorably serve them.

History will repeat itself and you will one day face the tribulations of my ancestors and you will get no pity from me and mine; Taken by force or eroded rights though bogus legalese legislation.

It is already in motion and if you cannot see it then you deserve the outcome.

YOUR ancestors?

You think you own them (tm) or something? News flash - you ain't the only descendant. You're not the last man standing.

Once upon a time, a fine young clueless white guy asked an older Shawnee why he had gone to war in support of a government that did his People such a grievance. The Shawnee looked at the white guy like a bug under a magnifying glass and said "I didn't. You're forgetting WHOSE country this really is".

You fight for your own, and their safety and well being.

"The only purpose of a warrior is to protect his people"
- Tecumseh

Don't sling crap at ME about YOUR people. I want no pity from you or yours. I don't need it. I'd like to know what tribe you are, however, so I can avoid that res like the plague. They're not the sort I want in my corner.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntrinsicMotivation
We need real soldiers to unify in the military to combine with the street soldiers in Amerikkka aka Gang members.

If you can see Crips and Bloods unite then it is possible to unite them all to fight the real enemy. We have the street troops; we just need organization and leadership.

If we could link up every Gang

And people was willing to bear the pain

We could put the White House lights out today!!!

Yeah, then we can just become Mexico Norte and run under the same system the immigrants are coming here to get away from!

It shames me to see someone claiming to be an Indian write such ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

why are you trashing this thread.
It is not acceptable IMO. Give it a rest.

Take your grievances to a separate thread.
Many men who died in war - had NO choice about signing up, they were conscripted.
Probably many of them were native Americans too.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well remembering also didn't fix anything now did it? People still invading and taking other peoples resources, land and freedoms.

Always have, always will. Doesn't mean me or mine need get involved in it until it's our resources under the gun. Case in point - Syria. Nothing for us to gain or lose there. Let 'em duke it out on their own.

Just because I stay by myself and away from the world these days doesn't mean the world is suddenly a better place. Same for every other soldier - just because they go away, that doesn't mean the world is going to stop running according to spec.

It just means you'll be on your own when they come for you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Common sense maybe? If a person kills another person, or somehow helps the other person to achieve that task, is called a what? a criminal, and goes to jail, but if that person wears a uniform, now we gotta salute the bastard?

In my Social Psychology class we looked at how people were able to do inhumane things to other people.

Specifically we were looking at Nazi soldiers and the Holocaust and the 2004 incident of American soldiers’ degrading abuse of Iraqis held at Abu Ghraib prison.

We compared it to an experiment conducted by P. Zimbardo.

What we learned is that deindividuation makes people feel less accountable.

A Uniform….

Why does deindividualation lead to impulsive and often violent acts? One reason is that people feel less accountable for their actions because it reduces the likelihood that any individual will be signaled out and blamed (Diener, 1980; Postmes & Spears, 1998; Zimbardo, 1970).

In layman’s terms, the fact that you are in a uniform makes you forget that you are “1 of US” “HUMAN” and allows you to feel no regret or remorse at the time of what you are doing.

This is not just soldiers that this applies to. Take a good look at the Police.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No. I guess English is not your first language. This ain't the thread to educate you, though. If you'd like to continue along this line, start a thread on the topic, send me an invite, and I faithfully PROMISE to take you to school.

Oh I honor the trees, and this earth that protects and feeds me. I honor the man that stand up to Tyrants in none violent means, that solve problems through listening, and understanding.

Oh. I see. One of those. Poke your flowers in that tyrant's gun barrel, then, see if they can stop those bullets. I'll be off somewhere having a beer. I've done my time, so you're on your own with that.

There is no Honor in supporting or being in a war, I don't care what you colour it, but a Turd is a Turd no matter where you are.

Like recognizes like. Without honor, you'll never know it when you see it. As I said before, it comes from within, and if you have none, you obviously can give none - there's none there for you to give.

So you go on poking your flowers into the gun barrels. me and mine will be off honoring the dead.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'd like to know what tribe you are, however, so I can avoid that res like the plague. They're not the sort I want in my corner.

If you must know I am Shawnee by birthright yet this nice branch made by the government called The Bureau of Indian Affairs thought it would be a good Idea to help the Cherokee relocated to Oklahoma by death march recoup numbers by Registering babies from other tribes as Cherokee.

Thanks for making me remember another thing about government I never could understand.

I am exactly what the government fears.

An Educated Minoritry!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join