It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting angry at something Father is protecting you from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Very good point with number 1.

Very good point.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

The one thing people seem to fail to remember is that God's law is simple and universal. That is, DO AS YOU WILL.

Don't you have it backwards? Shouldn't it be, "Not my will, but thine be done?"

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think the point of the post was to demonstrate our complete inability to control our own fate, and instead to passively accept fate as an inevitability.

If you were stuck behind the person and were afraid of someone slamming into the back of you, passing the driver in front of you does literally nothing to prevent that from occurring. It's all based on human decisions. The key word being "human." The human's decision to pass the driver, to drive drunk, to drive slow, to not stop, to talk on a cell phone while driving.

What Jhill76 neglected to post was that in the same occurrence, the slow driver may have been responsible for you being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting hit by the drunk driver.

In that instance, instead of being angry, you might have felt fear when you were stuck behind the car. Or if it was your time, you might have passively accepted it, not have noticed, or even been thankful that you were able to slow down because it was "safer" and you were afraid of your own inevitable demise.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

The one thing people seem to fail to remember is that God's law is simple and universal. That is, DO AS YOU WILL.

IF that is your will.

"Father, IF it is possible, let this cup pass from me... But let not my will but yours be done."

Do you think Jesus was without a will of his own? If so, why did he ask for the cup to pass? He could've run at any moment, fled from Judea, not be crucified, but he didn't. He chose, i repeat, he chose to stay and let himself be crucified, not just because it was God's will, but because Christ's own will would be done. They were one, remember? If the only way for Christ to pass on the peace he felt to the rest of us was for him to suffer, then that's what he wanted, regardless of whether he wanted the actual suffering or not. He was compassionate, not a masochist.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jhill76

I implore all, to not get lost in one sided thinking, but think of all angles.

You are the one with one-sided thinking, Jhill. And in all of your examples you prove one thing and one thing only; that your god is one intrusive, annoying SOB! Get a new one, please!

How can you cast the speck from your brother's eye when you have a mote in your own, friend? First remove the mote from your own eye, then you will see clearly to remove the speck from his.

That doesn't even make sense in the context of my comment.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

IF that is your will.

"Father, IF it is possible, let this cup pass from me... But let not my will but yours be done."

Do you think Jesus was without a will of his own? If so, why did he ask for the cup to pass? He could've run at any moment, fled from Judea, not be crucified, but he didn't. He chose, i repeat, he chose to stay and let himself be crucified, not just because it was God's will, but because Christ's own will would be done. They were one, remember? If the only way for Christ to pass on the peace he felt to the rest of us was for him to suffer, then that's what he wanted, regardless of whether he wanted the actual suffering or not. He was compassionate, not a masochist.

God's will is to give. The thief takes. I do agree with your first post, but the part about the will is never our own will. Yes, we do have free will, but God expects us to conform to His will.

Aliester Crowley (Theistic Satanism / Mason) said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

One takes and the other gives. You are correct above. Also, Abraham was asked to give up what he valued most. When he was willing, God gave it back to him in the proper context of faith to God's will. This is the point of our own free will. We can choose our own pride or follow the Shepherd. Christ asked for the cup to pass, but yielded to God first. This is the point.

I am not contradicting your posts. They were good, but the part about the will can never be Aleister Crowley's version. OTO stands for the counterfeit version of truth. It's backwards.

edit on 27-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Aliester Crowley (Theistic Satanism / Mason) said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

One takes and the other gives.

Technically Crowley was right... it is the whole of the law... but its an incomplete statement...

Crowley fails to acknowledge God... in that there will be repercussions to what you will do...

Satanism is gratification of the self... all the pleasures of the flesh and the material...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Jesus: "You wouldn't have anything if I hadn't put a stone in your path. Jesus: July 4th, 1974, Eldorquin Quarry. You and your buddies were racing up the hill to dive in. You took a shortcut through the bushes and you hit your foot on a stone just before you dove. Nick: Yeah. Yeah. It threw my footing off. Ruined my dive. Caused me to hit an underwater rock that broke my hand in two places. I could have been a receiver. Jesus: If you hadn't tripped over that stone, Nick, you would have hit your head on that rock. You would have died at 14 years old. But your grandmother's prayers were ringing in my ear. I put that stone in your path."

So in essence...Jesus destroyed his chances of ever becoming a receiver (I guess that means football player). Couldn't he have prevented him from even jumping then, since he can put rocks on people's paths...? Since Jesus was about saving this man's life...he couldn't have gone one better, and maybe save him intact ? Wasn't he supposed to go to heaven if he died..to join his father ? But no, he was left here on earth...with a busted arm....never to play football. I'm sure there are other one handed talents he can pursue

thank you Jesus...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I'd rather die than be protected.

Life sucks.

Not a response I would expect from you.

Why not?

I'm tired of life, it feels like a prison sentence.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You have people that love you don't you? Life can't be that bad if that's the case. I love you, even if we don't see eye to eye most of the time.

I have a mom and dad, a couple dogs.

But still I'd rather be in the afterlife than here.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Life sucks.

I agree. The only people who say 'life is good' are those who aren't chronically ill or aren't starving. LIFE SUCKS. There are times that there are breaks from the 'sucking' ... but for a good chunk of the planet ... life sucks.

One thing I can't stand .. Polyannas who go around telling suffering people that life is good or that someone loves them or that the suffering has a deeper meaning etc etc etc ... People who do that are sucky. Well meaning. But sucky.

Like this guy:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.

Everyone pulls a burden in life. None are exempt. The wheel turns.

edit on 27-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to [url= by NOTurTypical[/url]

You have people that love you don't you? Life can't be that bad if that's the case. I love you, even if we don't see eye to eye most of the time.

So, and I ask this with all sincerity......why don't people like you with this belief, kill themselves?

I mean, if you don't like somewhere, whats stopping you from leaving? could it be that deep down you know it's (the afterlife) merely wishful thinking made up by mortals that've gotten too greedy?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

So, and I ask this with all sincerity......why don't people like you with this belief, kill themselves?

I mean, if you don't like somewhere, whats stopping you from leaving? could it be that deep down you know it's (the afterlife) merely wishful thinking made up by mortals that've gotten too greedy?

Perhaps its more of a feeling of where we are as opposed to where we want to be...

Whats up NuT?

You ok?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

"Father" hasn't protected me from crap. If anything, "Father" has caused just as much harm as good. All the experiences I have ever had have been a result of people believing "Father" wants something and then doing it themselves with absolutely no omen of vindication, just a perpetual wheel of arbitrarily productive faith.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Because suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I wouldn't hurt those who care about me like that.

The natural course of life will take care of that for me.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah I'm fine.

Just would rather be in heaven.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalBecause suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I wouldn't hurt those who care about me like that.

Wouldn't those who care for you want you to be happy?

Isn't keeping or wanting someone alive against their wishes the very height of selfishness?

Plus, it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So why didn't father make those people in the wreck get stuck behind a slow driver? If father saved you, why didn't he save them?

Your premise is flawed on so many levels. It's kind of like saying a baby surviving a building collapse is a miracle, even though hundreds of other people, including other babies, were killed in said collapse.

It's called random chance. Nothing is predestined in this world, unless you believe we're in some giant puppet show, and I don't see any strings attached to my body.
edit on 26-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Here is something to think about (though an unpopular idea).

I believe in reincarnation.

Imagine this...

A child killer is reincarnated as a child that gets brutally murdered.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalBecause suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I wouldn't hurt those who care about me like that.

Wouldn't those who care for you want you to be happy?

Isn't keeping or wanting someone alive against their wishes the very height of selfishness?

Plus, it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide.

I have a "Do not rescesutate" order on myself. When it's time to go I don't want to be brought back with CPR or anything.

Sooner rather than later hopefully.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Scenario 1:
-Does not pass car, avoids drunk driver- "Thank God I didn't pass that car or I would have been hit by a drunk driver, it must have been God who saved me"

Scenario 2:
-Hit by drunk driver and survives- "Thank God you're alive! He must have some big plans for you, its a miracle!"

Scenario 3:
-Hit and killed by drunk driver- "Well this was clearly God's will, may he rest in peace, all apart of his plan."

Or maybe someone made a poor choice of getting behind the wheel while intoxicated, and God had nothing to do with it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join