It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Father must use destruction to get mans attention

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Come on man! You can't be serious...

A question, do you consider yourself to be a man? Or do you consider yourself to be god?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by jhill76

Come on man! You can't be serious...

A question, do you consider yourself to be a man? Or do you consider yourself to be god?

How do you equate my response to being God? I stated I will know if Father overrides me in every decision I make, that alone says I am subject to his authority.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

But do you consider yourself just a man?

I wasn't assuming you thought you were god, sorry if it came off that way.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But that doesn't make sense. How do we have free will if god chooses for us sometimes? Like I said to jhill, why not just call it limited will? Because someone else choosing for you, even sometimes, does not constitute as free will in any way.

As i've said... We can not know what God is cookin up behind the scenes... You do whatever you like... Nothing can stop you... God will not stop you either... God doesn't choose for you... But he will make things happen without you knowing... Your will ends up aligning with Gods... Without you knowing anything happened

Our free will is our own... But the Father makes things happen... He can toss you into a situation where you believe its all your doing... But its not... And we are clueless to his workings

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

But do you consider yourself just a man?

I wasn't assuming you thought you were god, sorry if it came off that way.

I am whom I am, I do not want this thread to turn into ones trying to figure me out, every thread I post it turns into that.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But you said earlier that "free will prevails unless god 'chooses' otherwise". You are contradicting yourself... Does he choose or does he not choose?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Jesus said he was "I Am" as well. Dwell on that for a second.

Oh, and if you believe Jesus had father's spirit within him, why do you call him "brother"? Shouldn't you be calling him father instead?
edit on 27-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

But that doesn't make sense. How do we have free will if god chooses for us sometimes? Like I said to jhill, why not just call it limited will? Because someone else choosing for you, even sometimes, does not constitute as free will in any way.

As i've said... We can not know what God is cookin up behind the scenes... You do whatever you like... Nothing can stop you... God will not stop you either... God doesn't choose for you... But he will make things happen without you knowing... Your will ends up aligning with Gods... Without you knowing anything happened

Our free will is our own... But the Father makes things happen... He can toss you into a situation where you believe its all your doing... But its not... And we are clueless to his workings

This is the beauty of it. This is why I state belief is not required for one to stay on the path. Yet, the church will state, you must believe for Father to work for you. If you are needed here for whatever reason, you will do your task with you thinking it was your own plan all along.
edit on 27-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Jesus said he was "I Am" as well. Dwell on that for a second.

That was Father speaking through him at that said moment. I said I am who I am, not I AM. Throughout time, many have asked him, are you.... Father replied I AM, to immediately give recognition that he is God/Creator/Source.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

But you believe that father's spirit was his spirit. Was he god (father) or brother?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

But you believe that father's spirit was his spirit. Was he god (father) or brother?

He was Brother. He still acted as the controlling spirit for the human side, to interact with man. But, Father was the spirit (soul).

Father took over many times to give speech when it was needed.

If Brother could not answer or give a comment on something immediate, Father would be there to give the answer.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Translation error? I almost want to laugh, but the gravity of your deceit is quickly sobering.

Besides, I feel I have well made my point since no argument can be made against Truth.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Translation error? I almost want to laugh, but the gravity of your deceit is quickly sobering.

Jesus did not die on a cross, but rather a pole.
Men do not live in fish.
Moses did not see a burning bush, but rather a bright light.
The streets in heaven are not of gold, but of pure light.

These are examples of many that are translation errors, not from original texts, but from the source of said person, trying to describe things not easily known. In the end, this will all be revealed, now is not the time.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But you said earlier that "free will prevails unless god 'chooses' otherwise". You are contradicting yourself... Does he choose or does he not choose?

I know it sounds like a contradiction... But again we can not know what is going on behide the scenes...

Free will prevails while God still does whatever he needs to do for you to learn what you need to learn...

Say you wanted to climb a mountian... But God knows that if you do... There will be a bear waiting for you somewhere along your path... suddenly you trip over something, sprain your ankle...

You think... "damn it, im not done climbing yet!"

So by your own free will... Rather then endure the pain... You pack it in... Wait til you recover... And then tackle it again another day...

You chose not to injure yourself further... God only made you trip on something you normally wouldn't have tripped on...

In turn... You are not mauled by that bear... And you still freely chose your path...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So he switched between brother's soul and father's soul randomly?

It seems like you're just making stuff up as you go along honestly. It's almost like you can never be wrong about anything and you always have some kind of back up plan, no matter the situation. It's almost like you think you are "holier than thou".

That's just the way you're coming off to me at the moment, no offense.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You chose not to injure yourself further... God only made you trip on something you normally wouldn't have tripped on...

Instead of giving glory to God, said person says, "The devil made me trip over rock."

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

Instead of giving glory to God, said person says, "The devil made me trip over rock."

Mans favorite sacpegoat...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So he switched between brother's soul and father's soul randomly?

There is no need to switch since Father is always there. If you cannot see the things in the unseen, you can not fathom this. For example, you are at the local Wal-Mart, and you need to say hi to the door greeter, because it will brighten her day, but you suppress the thought. Your spirit will say hi for you, since the path must be followed, but you will never know the difference.

It seems like you're just making stuff up as you go along honestly. It's almost like you can never be wrong about anything and you always have some kind of back up plan, no matter the situation. It's almost like you think you are "holier than thou".

I do not think of anything, but am providing what is to your questions. If I can not give answer, I will state this.

That's just the way you're coming off to me at the moment, no offense.

I can not control ones assumptions.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ultimately its Gods choice... He gives what is needed for each person to learn... If you take your own path... You will run into various issues along the way... How you deal with said issues helps your learning

This sounds like you're thinking of God as a micro-manager. And it sounds like what children's Sunday School teachers might say.

I like the guardian angel version better. If you're going to be anthropomorphize-ing spirit beings, it seems safer to do it about the daemons rather than God.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So you are just assuming that god made you trip over that rock?

No offense, I usually really enjoy your thoughts on most things and agree with you on almost everything, but you are coming off like a Christian on this particular issue. I respect your opinion, you know that, I hope, but it seems like you are making excuses to justify your belief. Just my opinion of course, hopefully that will not make you think any differently of me.

How would you explain not tripping over that rock and ending up being mauled by the bear? Unfortunate things happen to people every single day that lead to death.

What if you tripping over that rock lead to another hiker running into that bear instead of you? Why would god choose to save you over the other hiker and then allow him to suffer a horrible death instead of you?

We are dealing with "ifs" here, aren't we?

You say that you can't know what's going on behind the scenes yet act like you know that god chooses for us sometimes. If you don't know then you don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join