It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee's Honey: Most Potent Medicine, Biggest Cover Up in Medical History - Exposed!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i found out about this about 2 months ago from some friends.

we were eating at a restaurant that sold 'May' honey which is is said to be sweeter/better tasting and they began talking about the miracle properties of honey. so I got some on their recommendation and have been taking 3 tablespoons per day since.

I have also been occasionally (around 3 to 4 days per week) been mixing it with 8oz of water and one tablespoon of raw, organic apple cider vinegar and i can say i feel and look a lot more healthy than i did previously.

the apple cider vinegar is also a wonder medicine, there are a lot of solid facts to support this. DC Jarvis, one of the pioneers of recent folk medicine actually recommended consuming honey in this way, he called it 'honegar' or 'switchel'

here is some more info on Jarvis and his switchel:
www.doctoryourself.com...

here is a link to some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar
www.greenmedinfo.com...:

here is another link to the benefits of switchel (apple cider vinegar + honey):
www.benefits-of-honey.com...

apparently drinking apple cider vinegar is a way to detox your body as well but it can take some time. from what i've heard, you have to give your body time because it has accumulated all of its toxins over the course of your whole life. so it could take nearly one year to rid your body of toxins completely.

but as i said it is a worthwhile endevor, after two month of dosing honey everyday and acv + honey 3 to 4 times per week, i feel great and haven't had so much as a sniffle since!

WARNING: you must dilute apple cider vinegar with water before drinking. drinking it straight can severely damage your teeth, throat and intestines!

edit on 27/5/13 by emptyOmind because: grammar

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This response has been absolutely fantastic! I am very pleased to see that folks around here are willing to look into things and ask questions and compare results.

All of the suggestions and tips and info people have been sharing is exactly the type of discussion I was aiming for. Something that people can gain from and leave here with their minds full of useful ideas.

Yesterday I kept getting distracted but today I will try to go through the last few pages and respond to any questions or statements that may need a response.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Muzzle, you contributed your bit of knowledge. You said you wanted to help.

Well I got something to contribute too....

Exercise, and by proxy WORK, is one of the most effective ways to get our body running smoothly.

I agree 100% , I am glad you brought it up and elaborated upon it.

Without a little exercise the body cannot make good use of any diet no matter how good it is.
Also I am a huge fan of exercise as a weight loss strategy. It works.

Diverse diet + Exercise = Healthy Living

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234

Also that ancient egyptians used it as a facial - Bee Royal Jelly

Interesting.

I wonder what potential honey has to replace various compounds in things like lotions or cosmetics?
Perhaps it is the wrong application but it would seem to be a very healthy alternative and it would probably improve the skin's quality drastically over time as well.

Someone mentioned earlier it can really help remove blackheads, pimples, acne, etc.
So I could see this having a lot of promise in this particular industry (in all fields of it too possibly).

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks for sharing some research Julie, and you did good helping drive the point home.

There are countless studies to look at about honey, but yet there are few doctors out there pushing it as a central part of the healthy human's diet.

Hopefully this will change soon and "medicine" can get back to it's intended purpose, saving lives.

All of the links we have in this thread are the tip of the iceberg so to speak. It's always bewildering when something this important is so well known by the few yet so completely unknown by the many.

It used to be common knowledge before the modern propaganda machine took hold of our collective mentalities.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
This is all well and good. But for the sake of legal technicalities and controls, don't label it a medicine. Then all a backwards government has to do is regulate it and make it out of reach except by a prescription, or worse, put it on a controlled substances list. And get people busted for practicing medicine without a license.

I do understand your point. And although it is funny it is also sad and frustrating.

I am not too afraid though because with honey especially it is so widely used in cooking still to this day that the government will have a very hard sell convincing people to let go of this one.

Realistically and scientifically speaking, the vast majority of these natural organisms or their byproducts have medicinal properties. Whereas in contrast, the vast majority of concoctions pushed by the Pharmaceutical Corporations are poisons and harm the body far more than they help it.

Of course not all pharma remedies are dangerous. We could go through the list and we could find ancient natural remedies hidden among the poison pills.

That is why it is important to research every medication we take in order to be aware of the risks involved, know what it reacts with, and know what courses of action to take to lessen the impact of the risks. Or better yet, find an alternative that carries less risk.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Wow this information about Beechwood honey is fascinating.
It's non-floral it claimed?

Always learn something new every day.
I had never heard about this. But I have now, thanks to you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Does regular grocery-store honey work the same way?

I mean... I think I know the answer, but...

Just wondering how different man-made honey is from this natural miracle.

I'll find myself killing off some bees if I'm ever in the wild.

If it is real honey, it will work.

The problem is dilution when it comes to store purchases, as dilution also dilutes the properties that it may have had.

After thinking it over a bit, it may be worth the effort to look up local farms and actually drive out there in person and purchase it straight from them (and maybe have a chat and get acquainted? a good future source can come in handy).

I am considering doing this myself now after some thought. This way we can lessen the odds of dilution significantly and we will know what we are getting is the real deal.

Thanks for asking because I needed to post this idea.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sucree
Is it safe to give honey to pet rats?

I don't know but, it seems it would be.

Don't we test all our new foods on rats/mice first to make sure it's safe for us?
Safe for rat , maybe safe for us?
Bad for rat, bad for us?

That is just a guesstimate based off past experience.

However also by common sense we have to incorporate the body weight of the creature. A rat barely weighs anything, so you would give them only the smallest little drop of it. (Which equates to a spoonful for a human).

Look it up first before you give your pet anything new.
Don't take my word for it.
edit on 27-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
If i get a sore throat - or any of my family - we use honey in tea or just pore it down the throat and hold as long as possible - clears it up in a few days or less - that and elderberry - try it - much better than any socalled medicine.

Thanks for mentioning this.
Tea is also extremely powerful when it comes to killing bacteria, according to what I had read.

On the articles talking about outbreaks of antibiotic resistant strains in the hospitals, it said their two remedies were honey and .....that's it....Tea.

We could probably make an entire expose on tea alone it appears to be so potent and useful medicinally.
I am currently totally uneducated about tea, but hopefully over the next few months I will get into it and start learning the basics.

You mention elderberry, I will look into that too, thanks.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

Honey for asthma:
- I read awhile back that ingesting honey that is native to your area helps asthma
- had asthma way before many even knew what it was, never mind an inhaler---

- moved up the local honey intake to almost 2 tbsp/day - and how tasty is that, it sure is
- have since cut back drastically on meds (only took a couple)
- noticed a difference after 2 or 3 weeks
- the kicker for me was I hadn't been buying local - with summer, I bought at farmers' markets & noticed the difference in my asthma... after I had forgotten about the article on local honey & asthma
- proved to me it wasn't mind over matter

This is another great, great thread; the reason we keep returning to ATS; applause!!

Yes I have also read that it can aid in improving those who suffer from asthma conditions.

I really would go back and add it into the OP with a few links but alas, there are simply too many things to list that honey helps and so I gotta rely on folks like you to pick up my slack and fill in the gaps I left open.

I really appreciate you taking the time to chime in and share this tidbit.
I highly recommend anyone with asthma to read up on their condition and how honey may be able to help them with it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

That is really awesome I hope you two get it going.
There are so many benefits you will both find from having your own bee colony.

Oh yeah and the extra change you can get from hooking up fellow friends who want to buy some. Because I bet you will have a lot of extra to go around.

Do it! If I could do it I would, but being stuck in this apartment for the time being I'll have to put that on the "future to do list".

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

In vitro. Just how are you supposed to get honey to the cancer cells growing in someone's body?

By eating it.
We already went over this I thought?

The chemicals will pass into the blood stream and be carried all over the body.
This happens with other foods, etc.

Of course there are filtration processes and such which do block out a % of the materials based on various criteria you and I actually don't know very well and would have to look up in depth research on to make any solid scientific determinations.

I am confident that simply eating the material should lead towards a moderate % of effect on the entire body. It may not be anywhere near as powerful as what we could see after we develop better methods at getting it directly to the tissue, but for the time being I don't see any reason why it wouldn't help.

If you have any research showing that honey's beneficial components do not make it into the blood stream after consuming orally, than please share. If we go with available information in relation to other substances, it would seem logical that a large proportion of honey's healing properties transfer into the blood stream.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Great thread, very informative and well put together, so thank you for that!

I happen to listen to a local radio show on my Saturday morning drives, and not once have I heard the Dr. mention honey. He is anti-pharma and pro-herbal, but now I find it strange that I haven't heard anything regarding honey. His shows basically consist of answering people's phone calls and then recommending one of the products he sells or trigger-point therapy or whatever, basically just an advertising show but with real people calling in (I even called in once and got the typical "buy this product from me" response).

Since it's a holiday, I can't call his office to see if they carry any type of honey or extract, so I think I'm going to wait until next Saturday to call in to his show and ask about it.

The reason I bring this up is because not ONCE have I heard the good Dr. tell me about honey. He's taught me some informative things over the last few years, but nothing about honey. So maybe even the so-called "natural Dr's" are in on this conspiracy as well?

and sorry if someone brought this up already, I was focused on reading page 1.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
My grandfather lived to be a 108 yrs old...He used to tell us that secret of his youth(he looked much younger than his age)was to eat Honey,garlic,almonds,lemon,olive oil, sea foods,grapes and lots of vegetables for most of his life...He was also very organized and on time....He never had any serious illness and he died of simply old age.....People have been treating themselves using herbs and natural remedies for ages.Long before all this big Karma took over and made us all their slaves.

Since I plan to live as long or longer than your grandfather, I would be an idiot not to take his advice seriously.

I agree that his diet played a major role in his longevity. Perhaps a little luck as well?
Would loved to have met the guy, thanks for sharing.
People would be wise to take heed of such.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by leftofplumb
reply to post by SheopleNation

Yes. You are so right. Man is so arrogant as to think he can manage the world's natural resources. Why this is, I've yet to find out cuz he literally craps over everything he gets his hands on. Gawd knows just how many beneficial organisms he has trashed in his abject greed! Will we ever learn????.

I'm getting up there in age and although in pain when I walk I refuse to take anti-inflammatory medication or any medication for that matter. I swear the side effects are far worse than the actual ailment one is trying to deal with. Further, most drugs don't cure much of anything; they merely mask the symptoms.. As for pharma-ads, if they weren't so diabolical in nature, they'd be funny. The ad is comprised of a one minute promo followed by a two-minute listing of all the grim side effects. Now, who in their right minds is going to seek these drugs out. Apparently a whole heap of sheeple cuz the ads wouldn't be running if they weren't working. Go figure.

Good points and sadly it's quite accurate.

Thankfully not all of us are foolish enough to seek a temporary solution and the cost of even worse future problems.

Keep pointing this out to people, explain to them they have multiple options and that they do not need to take on these major risks unless it is at the very last resort. Trying out the alternatives which pose far less risk first is the best way to start attempting to remedy an ailment.

I realize imposing logic on others may not work all of the time, but sometimes it will work and so it's worth trying every time just in case.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by leftofplumb

Just had to put my two cents in here to say that I love this thread. You can be sure that I'll be doing some poking around on the net to see what's out there scientifically relative to the benefits of honey. Just know that when I was growing up, my mother used to swear by honey (not that she had any scientific data) which we kids had liberally given to us. As I recall, there wasn't much in the way of pharmaceuticals in the medicine cabinet--and to this day in our own home there's none either. So, yep, I'm with you.

Got a giggle out of you saying that it is your belief that it's conspiratorial that the benefits of honey have been kept well in the background. I say this because people I know are forever calling me a conspiracy theorist as if it were a label of shame. Little do they know that government and corporations are continually conspiring against the great unwashed. It is NOT the exception; it IS the rule. Sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, when WILL they wake up?

Do keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

I cannot help but agree that it is the rule, rather than the exception.
I base that statement off of years of research into geopolitics, corporations, etc.

I also do not have much anything in my medicine cabinet, and my family (4 of us) has no illnesses or issues. They haven't and I hope they don't, but so far so good.

Most people who have been indoctrinated into the propaganda will find it bizarre and inexplicable that something like honey (or other remedies) would actually even work at all.
They were programmed into blowing it off as "it's just sugar", wherein that is extremely misleading.

Sure it is sugar, plus hundreds of extremely potent chemicals that are not sugar. They leave that part out about the hundreds of helpful chemicals (because they were programmed to do such).

We can find examples of this type of dynamic all over the place in all subjects.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Look, eating healthy will make you live longer. That's a scientific fact any doctor will tell you. It's something Big Pharma will tell you. All the foods you list are healthy foods.

But there are many other factors involved. There just isn't a single food you can eat that will make you live longer. There are also many genetic components involved.

Yeah, did you notice how in my OP (one of the additional posts of it) I made that point clear?
I even linked to a Google result page about it.

As I continually say, to be healthy you need a diverse diet composed of all sorts of things.
Honey is a central component of this as it's benefits are simply too astounding to ignore.

And as another poster pointed out, exercise is also a central component to living a healthy life.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
There is a lot to read. So thank you for this gigantic list of resources on Honey...Especially to Muzzleflash for starting the conversation. So out of laziness...(actually brought on by one massive headache today). I have a question.
Obviously all pure honey is not the same. Seems that location, and the local flower acces would have an effect on honey composition. So how much of honey's effectiveness is brought on by the flower types, and how much is it effected by how the bee's process it?

Good questions.

As far as I can tell, we don't know much about this yet. Obviously there are some differences, and certain things would give certain properties that others may not.

As a result of this uncertainty, I made sure to suggest everyone collect different variations of honey and to mix and match them as they see fit. This way we can spread out our options and increase the variation in what types of chemicals we are exposed to.

If I could afford it and had a cabinet for this, I would collect honey from around the world.

The local variations are mostly to help with allergies and such, so getting stuff from far away is also important when addressing any other ailment.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
Interesting, I didn't know that honey was a good medicine. I do know that bee's are very important when it comes to pollinating though.

I have some honey in my house right now, but I'm unsure if it is 100% pure, and untampered with. On the bottle it says that it is pure honey, and I believe it is a "great value" item which is Walmart's brand name. And to me it wouldn't seem like Walmart would sell the real deal honey.

So, can someone tell me a way how to know if the honey is actually pure and untampered with? And also, when you buy the honey, are you supposed to take a certain ammount of it each day? How does the dosing work?

From what I recall, Great Value brands are fairly corrupted by greed and often are susceptible to spiking/diluting their products.

On the bright side, even if it is diluted or tampered with, it still is powerful and good. 5% honey still has real honey in it, albeit severely hindered. So it is almost certainly safe even if tampered.

Great Value brand is also the cheapest, which is a red flag that something isn't right.

Honestly if you don't want to throw it away, use that stuff on food until it's gone.
In the meantime go shopping around and find a good bottle that is expensive and shell out the extra few bucks. The less incorporated the venue for buying, the less odds of contamination.
Use the high quality stuff for when you need it. The crappy stuff can go on biscuits or whatever until you get rid of it (granted you don't toss it out).

But yeah overall, after researching into it, Great Value is a joke when it comes to honey. You cannot trust them at all. I sure won't.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join