It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee's Honey: Most Potent Medicine, Biggest Cover Up in Medical History - Exposed!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by muzzleflash

My mother was eating a lot of honey, she was buzzing like a bee. I warned here about what I was seeing in her and tried to warn her to lay back on the honey. She took a big tablespoon of it right in front of me, saying honey won't hurt anyone. Two days later she had a massive stroke which left her mostly paralyzed on the left side for thirteen years.

So your anecdote about your mom getting paralyzed from honey happens to also be a rhyme? Bizarre? And 13 years? That's a funny number. Oh and it couldn't be the honey because after two days it should have passed through the system.

I believe it was stated in the OP clearly that diabetics need to be careful about limits in those links provided, as they are used to doing already.

And about overdoing it, the human body should alert the person when they overdo it. Personally I can't take more than a drop or two at a time usually, unless it's with other foods. I wouldn't think anyone should take a lot of anything, at least more than is recommended by nutrition experts who have compiled information for that purpose.

I think I read somewhere that if you break the 10 tablespoon a day limit (or around there) your body will start flushing it (diarrhea). I think people that overdid it reported a lot of flatulence as well.
I don't think I could stomach that much in the first place, I would probably gag from the sweetness.

Anyways, sorry about your mom. I'm glad she's better now though, maybe she should come make an account at ATS and tell us her story?

edit on 26-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
There is an obscure documentary about bees and honey that I saw on public television about 5 years ago. I can't find it on youtube or anywhere else online.

Medical researchers were saying manuka honey had amazing healing properties, They then showed a segment about some large Brazilian bees that colonize underground. Their honey was almost black. It was even more 'potent' than the manuka honey.

Another interesting topic they discussed was allergies. They claimed that if you can find honey produced within 100 miles of your home, taking small amounts on a daily basis will stop seasonal allergies in their tracks.

That's really cool I haven't heard about the Brazilian one's you speak of.
I am going to go look into that it sounds really interesting.

If I find the documentary you mentioned I'll post it. (Or anything similar to it for that matter).

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Haha Ok, I am making like 20 corrections to the most silly small posts I am trying to make.
I cannot do this any longer.
Must sleep. Been up at least 30hours, my brain needs a reset.

I am going to sleep I'll be back later so if my replies are delayed just wait a few more hours.

By the way thanks everyone for all the support and sharing stories and additional tips and suggestions.
I honestly expected more resistance this far into the game but perhaps I speak too soon, we shall see. I am prepared.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Does regular grocery-store honey work the same way?

I mean... I think I know the answer, but...

Just wondering how different man-made honey is from this natural miracle.

I'll find myself killing off some bees if I'm ever in the wild.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Is it safe to give honey to pet rats?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I've heard this before, and I wouldn't dare to give my toddler honey , just because the warnings are so deeply rooted that It's more conception then anything else.

But I've also heard that the honey you buy in the stores is just not the real bee honey , but that I'm not sure about?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Good OP on honey, I have bought from this Canadian company, it's pretty good tasty honey but expensive.
Honey
I am currently eating their Beechwood honey, the cool thing is you can experiment with different types of honey.

Contains 10 times more antioxidants than Manuka. Organic Beechwood honey, which is not mass-produced commercially, originates from the mountain-based rainforests of New Zealand's South Island. This silky-smooth honey is free of chemicals residues banned by Asure Quality in New Zealand and checked for over 250 different chemicals. According to Asure Quality and Ecocert Canada's standards, all our organic honeys are pesticides, antibiotics and GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) free. Source Ecocert Canada (www.ecocertcanada.com...): It is prohibited to use any synthetic substances or Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) in New Zealand.

The sweet, aromatic sap is carefully and ethically sourced from the Beechwood trees and is collected by the bees for harvesting. Once the sap is transported to the hive that has been made from environmentally friendly material, the process begins of naturally turning the sap into luscious honey. The eco-conscious apiarist extracts the Honeydew Honey from the beeswax at very low temperatures, which preserves the levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.

Depending on when during the year the honey is harvested, either in the spring or autumn, the resulting end product colours and taste can be quite different. Variety in honey is always interesting to the palate! Unlike the denser and more viscous Manuka honey, in contrast, Beechwood honey is naturally quite liquid and flowing in texture.

The broad naturally occurring mineral profile includes Calcium (Ca), Zinc (Zn), Magnesium (Mg), Copper (Cu), Manganese (Mn), Iron (Fe), Selenium (Se), Chromium (Cr) and Sodium (Na).

Oligosaccharides

Another feature of New Zealand’s superior Organic Beechwood honey is the naturally occurring presence of Oligosaccharides (complex carbohydrates) present in significantly greater levels than in your average floral commercial honeys. Oligosaccharides are more commonly known as ‘functional foods’.

In general, Beechwood non-floral honeys are normally low in glucose and they are also lower in fructose than floral honeys. These low glucose and fructose levels are supplemented by higher levels of more complex sugars, such as maltose and melezitose (melicitose). This has the effect of reducing the tendency of the natural sugars becoming crystallized. Likewise, Beechwood honey is very slow crystallizing and in fact, some Beechwood honeys never actually crystallize.

High in Antioxidants, Organic New Zealand Beechwood honey is known to have much higher levels of antioxidants than most floral honeys. In a study at Lincoln University (NZ), Beechwood Forest (Honeydew) honey had the highest levels of polyphenolics, which are one of the most significant classes of antioxidant compounds. Additionally, using the ABTS and ORAC testing methods for antioxidant calculations, Beechwood Forest non-floral honey consistently ranked near the top of 10 monofloral honey varieties tested.

The results of these three tests indicate that New Zealand Organic Beechwood non-floral honey has one of the highest levels of antioxidants of all known New Zealand honeys. Most interestingly, another high-ranking honey was Manuka honey.

How to use Organic Beechwood Honey: Try our Organic Beechwood honey mixed into: nutritious smoothies, savory sauces, hot drinks or mouth watering marinades. Pancakes, waffles, french toast and fruit with generous drizzles of the honey are absolutely delicious. You can also simply relish its silky, smooth texture and delightful flavour by the heaping teaspoonful

Now I am off to have my breakfast which includes 1 tablespoon of organic beechwood honey, 1 1/2 cup of Greek style organic yogurt, adding to that is 7 cocoa organic beans, 7 apricot kernels, and a handful of Gojo berries sprinkled with cinnamon. I also mix in some of this for some Fibre

A great start to my morning

edit on 26-5-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If i get a sore throat - or any of my family - we use honey in tea or just pore it down the throat and hold as long as possible - clears it up in a few days or less - that and elderberry - try it - much better than any socalled medicine.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

Think bees are being killed off for a reason then? maybee?

I actually read somewhere that Colony collapses may be linked to GMOs!
Now it seems that Monsanto is working on some kind of mechanical bee!
I wonder what this world will be like in 20 years cause if Monsanto is successful
they might end up controlling the entire food industry and the world!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is all well and good. But for the sake of legal technicalities and controls, don't label it a medicine. Then all a backwards government has to do is regulate it and make it out of reach except by a prescription, or worse, put it on a controlled substances list. And get people busted for practicing medicine without a license.

In conspiracy land, that's around the corner with GM bees engineered by Monsanto. Engineered bees make engineered honey, which is likely going to be patented. Then the monopolization procedures will commence with Monsanto suing beekeepers for having scattered engineered bees in their hives, having honey which when tested resembles patented honey, and so on and so forth.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Honey for asthma:
- I read awhile back that ingesting honey that is native to your area helps asthma
- had asthma way before many even knew what it was, never mind an inhaler---

- moved up the local honey intake to almost 2 tbsp/day - and how tasty is that, it sure is
- have since cut back drastically on meds (only took a couple)
- noticed a difference after 2 or 3 weeks
- the kicker for me was I hadn't been buying local - with summer, I bought at farmers' markets & noticed the difference in my asthma... after I had forgotten about the article on local honey & asthma
- proved to me it wasn't mind over matter

This is another great, great thread; the reason we keep returning to ATS; applause!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Honey is fantastic stuff. It cures what aills ya and tastes good too! Now you can't beat that with a stick. A real tasty treat to try is, vanilla ice cream topped with honey and pecans. Home made ice cream sweetened with honey, nuts and fruit is better than any store bought ice cream out there and doesn't have all the preservatives in it either. You just can't go wrong with natures best.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Makes me wonder why marijuana is illegal. alcohol + tobacco + pharma
companies spends millions $$ "lobby" against it. Its prety
funny when you think about.

Soon they'll label honey as sugar"product" that causes obesity
and be a ban on honey

If too many people are "healthy" who would profit?
If people have a safer recreation who would profit?

If there ever is a wonder drug out there, people will lose billions of $$$.
All around the world. Society revolves around $$$$$$$$.
We are to far in debt to realize that.

Maybe when a meteor wipe us out, we get to start over again?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Raw Honey is the best. It contains enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. The clear supermarket honey is basically just sugar. Try to find Really Raw Honey from Baltimore Maryland. Its like nothing you've ever tasted.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great thread OP!

I had no idea the amount of curative properties contained in honey, you've left me with a lot of food for thought!

Due to the terms of service, I can't directly mention one specific plant which has more healing properties than honey. The plant family is the canabbinoid family, I will not mention any more, as it would narrow it down, and I'd like to generalise to keep mention of this in a legal sense. Every single different part of the plant can be used for curative medicine, from the leaves, to the stems, roots, to the flowers. Beyond that, the fibres can be utilised to create very strong materials (during world war 2, the united states actually made a push for farmers to grow one specific family of this plant for textile manufacturing, as it could be so easily mass produced).

The down side of it all is that the plant has been abused for the wrong reasons (resulting in it being now considered an illegal substance), instead of exploited for its million and one positive aspects.

I only wish the plant could be bred to contain none of the elements which require it to be classified as an illegal 'substance', so the actual beneficial side of the plant could be exploited for the benefit of mankind.

Apologies moderators, if need be, I will gladly edit out the plant family name and leave it as a generalisation instead, as I feel I may be on the line as far as the terms of service, and I would prefer to stay on the proper side of said ToS.

edit on 26-5-2013 by jephers0n because: Spelling

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have been wanting to start an apiary for years, both as a 'hobby', and to have fresh, ultra-local (on my property) honey for the immune benefits. This thread has rekindled the idea, and my wife and I talked about it and are going to start ours! It won't be until next year, but we're going to buy and build our equipments this summer, line up our starter bees, and we've already started turning about 1,000 sq feet of our yard into flower garden. We'll likely add to that with some specific plants we would like to have predominant for our honey.

Why "fresh" honey? Honey literally lasts indefinitely. when it starts to crystallize, it hasn't gone "bad", just needs to be reconstituted. But "fresh", because "currennt" honey provides protection against current infectious agents, and allergen resistance to those things currently in the area.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Quote : Biological warfare? EbolaPox hybrids? Honey is your only real chance at defense, and in theory it should work if applied correctly (granted you have enough time).

I know this might sound like a ridiculous question but what is meant by honey being applied correctly ? I assumed the only correct application was to ingest it. I am very interested in natural medicine and eating healthy, from now on will make sure i eat enough honey. Very interesting post. I believe one of the most beneficial honey types is called royal jelly which is considered a super food. If there are any other applications for honey other than eating it i would be very interested in knowing.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Medical studies showing promise treating cancer with honey:

These findings show a promising role for honey and D-glucose as biotherapeutic metabolites of interest for selective management of cancerous cells.

PubMed

Tualang honey promotes apoptotic cell death induced by tamoxifen in breast cancer cell lines.

PubMed

The synergistic cytotoxic effect of cisplatin and honey bee venom on human ovarian cancer cell line A2780cp.

PubMed

Gelam and Nenas honeys are capable of suppressing the growth of HT 29 colon cancer cells by inducing apoptosis and suppressing inflammation.

PubMed

There are many more you can search for.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for great thread!!

Love honey and bees...its even said the stings can be therapeutic - Bee Venom Therapy.
Also that ancient egyptians used it as a facial - Bee Royal Jelly

LOVE

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Be wary of honey from any grocery store,.
They often sell product called honey, but much of it is corn syrup mixed.
Best to watch for someone selling it locally,. that will give you the best benefits
and the taste is far better that most store bought honey,. unless of course the
store is selling a proven local honey.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join