It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee's Honey: Most Potent Medicine, Biggest Cover Up in Medical History - Exposed!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by muzzleflash

My mother was eating a lot of honey, she was buzzing like a bee. I warned here about what I was seeing in her and tried to warn her to lay back on the honey. She took a big tablespoon of it right in front of me, saying honey won't hurt anyone. Two days later she had a massive stroke which left her mostly paralyzed on the left side for thirteen years.

So your anecdote about your mom getting paralyzed from honey happens to also be a rhyme? Bizarre? And 13 years? That's a funny number. Oh and it couldn't be the honey because after two days it should have passed through the system.

I believe it was stated in the OP clearly that diabetics need to be careful about limits in those links provided, as they are used to doing already.

And about overdoing it, the human body should alert the person when they overdo it. Personally I can't take more than a drop or two at a time usually, unless it's with other foods. I wouldn't think anyone should take a lot of anything, at least more than is recommended by nutrition experts who have compiled information for that purpose.

I think I read somewhere that if you break the 10 tablespoon a day limit (or around there) your body will start flushing it (diarrhea). I think people that overdid it reported a lot of flatulence as well.
I don't think I could stomach that much in the first place, I would probably gag from the sweetness.

Anyways, sorry about your mom. I'm glad she's better now though, maybe she should come make an account at ATS and tell us her story?

edit on 26-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

If she makes an account on ATS then we will know their is an afterlife and communication is possible
She was probably eating an eight ounce jar a day for a year. She was also ordering something else made by bees. There are indirect effects of overeating something, no matter what it is. If you drink ten glasses of water a day for a year without taking added minerals it can cause a lot of problems. People go nuts with things, that causes problems.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Muzzle, you contributed your bit of knowledge. You said you wanted to help.

Well I got something to contribute too....

Exercise, and by proxy WORK, is one of the most effective ways to get our body running smoothly. As long as you have the available nutritional content (not hard to do), exercise can eliminate a lot of problems. In fact, of all the things I've learned about health, exercise is probably at the top.

But why exercise? What's the purpose? That's where WORK comes in. Work is an expression of purpose. We don't just exercise to get water, we WORK to get water. We walk over to the sink and we fill up a glass of water to drink it later. We work to pay the water bill. Other examples are we walk to the toilet to use it. The toilet doesn't walk over to us and do the work for us. We also worked to pay for the toilet and the water bill. Nobody would exercise enough if they didn't also work.

If you have everything handed to you, you will lack purpose. And that's what's happening in our society. Machines and computers have decreased the purpose in our lives. Cars and elevators and motorbikes and even bicycles remove the purpose of walking. So now people exercise to stay in shape. This is bad because there's no strong purpose going on. It's just pure willpower now. The great majority of people do not have the willpower to make up for the decreased purpose.

Having said all that... here's how I like to picture this in my mind. I see my body and I see parts that work well and parts that don't. When I'm exercising, I'm stressing the body. The parts that work well will survive. The parts that don't work well will not survive. So over a long period of time, the parts that survive well will stick around and the parts that don't will die off.

Exercise (work) cannot remove all problems, but it's far more effective than most other things.
edit on 26-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Medical studies showing promise treating cancer with honey:

These findings show a promising role for honey and D-glucose as biotherapeutic metabolites of interest for selective management of cancerous cells.

Ok. All you have to do is put honey on your lung cancer. Or dextrose. That's what the study actually says.

Tualang honey promotes apoptotic cell death induced by tamoxifen in breast cancer cell lines.

Another in vitro study. The problem again, how do you get honey to the breast cancer cells in order for it to be helpfully used in conjunction with tamoxifen

The synergistic cytotoxic effect of cisplatin and honey bee venom on human ovarian cancer cell line A2780cp.

In vitro again but that one is not about honey.

Gelam and Nenas honeys are capable of suppressing the growth of HT 29 colon cancer cells by inducing apoptosis and suppressing inflammation.

In vitro. Just how are you supposed to get honey to the cancer cells growing in someone's body?

There are many more you can search for.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)
Yup. Lots of studies about in vitro studies about lots of things...including aloe vera.

But it's that first study you cite that explains the interest. Cancers don't like some types of sugar.

Experimental evidence support that cancer cells do exhibit higher glycolytic rates than normal cells. To exploit this unique cancer-dependent ATP generation phenomenon, we hypothesize that exposure of cancer cells to organic inhibitors of glycolysis would negatively impact their survival
Because cancer cells metabolize glucose at a faster rate than non cancerous cells, feeding them honey or dextrose (both of which inhibit glycolysis, causes problems for them...in vitro...apparently in high concentrations. Here's another study about the use of fructose using the same theory:

Role of fructose diphosphate (fdp) and glycerol on the differential survival of mrc-5 and a549 cell lines.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yup. Lots of cancer research. Some showing some good promise. But they are all in vitro studies. How to get the honey (or dextrose, or fructose) to the cancer in high concentrations...that's the problem.

edit on 5/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My grandfather lived to be a 108 yrs old...He used to tell us that secret of his youth(he looked much younger than his age)was to eat Honey,garlic,almonds,lemon,olive oil, sea foods,grapes and lots of vegetables for most of his life...He was also very organized and on time....He never had any serious illness and he died of simply old age.....People have been treating themselves using herbs and natural remedies for ages.Long before all this big Karma took over and made us all their slaves.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Honey is expensive, but if you love it like I do, then you already know that a good deal can be found at your local Trader Joe's. They sell one pound bottles of un watered down clover and mesquite honey for 4.99 and 5.99. Thats one pound of the golden elixir for five bucks.

To tell if honey is watered down, tip the bottle upside down and watch how fast the bubble of air climbs to the top. The purer the honey, the slower the bubble moves.

Bzzz...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Honey is a good natural medicine but there are area were only tailored drug's work, still the Maori of New Zealand have used the antiseptic and curative property's of Manuka Honey for hundreds of years and it is also a very good antiseptic, in the UK we had a flesh eating that originated from skin bacteria that had ran rampant in the hospitals due to failing standards of cleanliness and poor nursing practices sine the cost cutting abolition on the post of matron and ward cleaner (each ward had it's own dedicated cleaner whom answered to the matron) but it was found that while resistant to almost all drugs this bacteria died when exposed to Manuka Honey.

good thread star and flag.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well...now we know why all the bees are dying don't we.

Mystery bee virus my arse..just like all the 100's of thousands of people rotting in jail for growing a weed have a mystery legal virus i suppose.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi, honey fans.

I did not read all answers here.
BUT, from personal experience :

DO NOT USE honey that HAS BEEN MODIFIED by humans !!

I mean : heated, pasterized, diluted, . . .etc. . .

It MUST be almost direct from the hive !!

My wife had "problems" with eating honey.
Then, we thinked about honey, similarly the way we think about milk !!

She tried REALLY PURE honey, AND GUESS WHAT ??? NO more problem !!!!

Blue skies.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Yes. You are so right. Man is so arrogant as to think he can manage the world's natural resources. Why this is, I've yet to find out cuz he literally craps over everything he gets his hands on. Gawd knows just how many beneficial organisms he has trashed in his abject greed! Will we ever learn????.

I'm getting up there in age and although in pain when I walk I refuse to take anti-inflammatory medication or any medication for that matter. I swear the side effects are far worse than the actual ailment one is trying to deal with. Further, most drugs don't cure much of anything; they merely mask the symptoms.. As for pharma-ads, if they weren't so diabolical in nature, they'd be funny. The ad is comprised of a one minute promo followed by a two-minute listing of all the grim side effects. Now, who in their right minds is going to seek these drugs out. Apparently a whole heap of sheeple cuz the ads wouldn't be running if they weren't working. Go figure.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

LOGIC:

These little CREATOR Creation encounter many FLORA... So their bodies are basic constant pollen processors incubators based on the FLORA they encounter. Making their produced Honey health beneficial related attributed. Yet watching them dwindle?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Just had to put my two cents in here to say that I love this thread. You can be sure that I'll be doing some poking around on the net to see what's out there scientifically relative to the benefits of honey. Just know that when I was growing up, my mother used to swear by honey (not that she had any scientific data) which we kids had liberally given to us. As I recall, there wasn't much in the way of pharmaceuticals in the medicine cabinet--and to this day in our own home there's none either. So, yep, I'm with you.

Got a giggle out of you saying that it is your belief that it's conspiratorial that the benefits of honey have been kept well in the background. I say this because people I know are forever calling me a conspiracy theorist as if it were a label of shame. Little do they know that government and corporations are continually conspiring against the great unwashed. It is NOT the exception; it IS the rule. Sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, when WILL they wake up?

Do keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting, I didn't know that honey was a good medicine. I do know that bee's are very important when it comes to pollinating though.

I have some honey in my house right now, but I'm unsure if it is 100% pure, and untampered with. On the bottle it says that it is pure honey, and I believe it is a "great value" item which is Walmart's brand name. And to me it wouldn't seem like Walmart would sell the real deal honey.

So, can someone tell me a way how to know if the honey is actually pure and untampered with? And also, when you buy the honey, are you supposed to take a certain ammount of it each day? How does the dosing work?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi, honey fans.

I did not read all answers here.
BUT, from personal experience :

DO NOT USE honey that HAS BEEN MODIFIED by humans !!

I mean : heated, pasterized, diluted, . . .etc. . .

It MUST be almost direct from the hive !!

My wife had "problems" with eating honey.
Then, we thinked about honey, similarly the way we think about milk !!

She tried REALLY PURE honey, AND GUESS WHAT ??? NO more problem !!!!

Blue skies.

Yes, just get raw, unpasteurized honey.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Dont know if anybody mentioned it yet, but its also super great for your skin, acne and blackheads and whatnot. and it cauterizes wounds fairly effectively. (old army trick)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gohome1122
Dont know if anybody mentioned it yet, but its also super great for your skin, acne and blackheads and whatnot. and it cauterizes wounds fairly effectively. (old army trick)

I hadn't heard about the wound thing. Interesting thanks.

Never seen a moldy pot of honey, so it's gotta be anti-fungal in a big way too.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yup. Lots of cancer research. Some showing some good promise. But they are all in vitro studies. How to get the honey (or dextrose, or fructose) to the cancer in high concentrations...that's the problem.

Curiously enough, i was reading a Master's thesis concerning this issue earlier.

For treating respiratory disorders, including Cancer and certain viruses and bacteria, the author was getting good results testing a mixture of Honey and water nebulised and breathed for 15 minutes a day.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OK, I'm gonna have some toast with almond butter and honey just beecause of this thread. It matters significantly what honey you use right? I mean not just anything will work. I buy organic honey, the Safeway(grocery chain in my neck of the woods) brand. Hope it works.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OK, I'm gonna have some toast with almond butter and honey just beecause of this thread. It matters significantly what honey you use right? I mean not just anything will work. I buy organic honey, the Safeway(grocery chain in my neck of the woods) brand. Hope it works.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
But bee hives are dying.. So honey will be priceless soon another way of cutting of nature's medicine by Monsanto and all the trails in the air will also not benefit the hives if you ask me..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

OK I am ready with my honey drink.

Mix 200 ml yogurt with 200 ml milk and 1 tablespoon honey. You can add few drops of rose essence or dried crushed rose petals for flavor. Mix all these very well with a blender and refrigerate to cool the mixture (or add ice cubes if you do not have time to refrigerate).

You have a nice refreshing energy drink ready in minutes.

Yum, am trying it out right now, delicious!!! Thanks! I collect all kinds of honey, my favorite is the Raw White Gold honey from Canada which I used in this along with a bit of rosewater I keep on hand for Indian and persian recipes, nice touch. I am feeling more energetic already.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join