It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 7 coming in 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by dave_welch

ETA: I hope they do a really crappy movie about Boba Fett. Boba Fett has always and will always suck, I don't care how awesome his armor is, he sucks. Screw Boba Fett.

Yep, he was defeated by a cuffed and blind-folded Han Solo, don't forget that.

hm? he died when han solo accidentally hit him with a back swing of a pole arm "thing" after being warned that boba fett was behind him... then he hit fett's jetpack which fired him into jabba's ship and made him fell into the sarlacc...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's probably going to be about Han Solo and Leia's children and continuing the Jedi order keeping it alive and being trained by Luke who is also struggling to advance in his training. Seeing as how Darth Sidius had a hand that stretched all over the universe. I'd say he had a plan for Darth Vaders demise.

Any Sith Lord connected to the force and has unlimited ability to access knowledge like an expert Jedi would.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Well, he didn't die, but he did fall into the sarlacc 2 more times (expanded universe). It's not like there are wandering bands of sarlacc on tatooine. There's only one, and it doesn't move...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Star Wars being owned and now produced by Disney, I have little issue with. Disney as evil as they are have been pretty successful with the Marvel properties. That being said they are off to a rough start with it already, issuing EA the exclusive rights to publishing Star Wars games. JJ Abrams, what can I say I don't like his Star Trek films. I am not expecting to like his Star Wars films. With so many writers and directors out there that could actually pull it off and respect not only the franchise but the fans as well. I just don't know really, it is a rich universe that had a higher standard of continuity than Star Trek till Lucas decided to crap on the people that kept Star Wars alive when there were no movies in sight. So I will be taking the wait and see approach, but I just do not see anything good in this.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The thing with Disney is the amount of excellent writers they have, especially at Pixar. Also, the guy that wrote Toy Story 3 is the writer for Episode 7, so I'm pretty happy about that. Toy Story 3 was extremely well written, so I'm not too worried, they can't do any worse than George did on the prequels.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I just have concerns with it. The thing is Disney can fix alot of what Lucas broke continuitywise, and make things cohesive. I just have to question whether they will or not and leave us stuck with a mess like Star Trek. Giving EA exclusive video game rights, tells me they are not really going for quality over quantity and I expect the films and any published materials to be the same.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I liked Star Trek, but each to his own, I can see why an actual Star Trek fan (which I'm not, really) wouldn't like it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It wasn't the new Trek movies that are the real continuity issues. It's the load of printed materials that were licensed that contradict each other. The money was put first and consideration of the well being of that universe has suffered. Up until the 90's the only new Star Wars material was published for the roleplaying game. When the Thrawn trilogy was kicking off the new line of novels Lucasfilm required the authors to use those materials in fleshing out their work giving the Star Wars universe very strong continuity between the novels, game material and comic books in comparison. I worry that Disney will do what CBS and Paramount do rather than treat it as the rare treasure it is and can be.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yeah, that worries me as well. There's a lot of good stuff in the Extended Universe.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well, he didn't die, but he did fall into the sarlacc 2 more times (expanded universe). It's not like there are wandering bands of sarlacc on tatooine. There's only one, and it doesn't move...

You'd think after the first time, he'd have dropped a few thermonuclear detonators down there, but oh well....
(I certainly would have)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ever since it was announced, I've been trying to research hints about what this will be about. Lucas himself, has made references to it in the past, and many of those ideas fit.

Here's kind of a bullet list of what I'm surmising for the new trilogies, based on the only consistencies that keep popping up....

Takes place about 40 years after RotJ (Return of the Jedi) - This would make sense given the aging of the actors.

Luke is a Jedi Master (picking up from Yoda's "Pass on what you have learned" directive) and teaching a new generation of Jedi.

The remnants of the Empire are being dismantled.

Han and Leia are together.

Main theme is moral choices and distinguishing right from wrong.

Luke's son is tempted by the Dark Side.

Luke's student (and/or son?) will be the protagonist of the new trilogy.

None of these are at odds with the expanded universe of the novels, etc., but in numerous interviews, Lucas has repeatedly said he wouldn't have gone that route with the story. (Luke getting married, a clone of the Emperor, etc.).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join