It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 7 coming in 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes.

Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are set to be in the next Star Wars movie. This is almost surreal to me. The original cast members! Wow! I wonder if Chewbacca will be in this movie. In later stories Chewbacca dies. This movie is also directed by J.J. Abrams not George Lucas. I wonder if that has something to do with Ford's willingness to do it; he seems to have a problem with Lucas.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Well, who would have thought the New Republic has an old folks home? This isn't just over playing a franchise, IMO...it's beating a dead horse into unrecognizable mush in pursuit of something even I've lost all sight of.

Maybe Lucas can show the world what made him so famous to begin with and think up an original story for the modern times...instead of retreading a 1970's/80's tale so badly it looks like a tire about to blowout.

I'll always like the first 3...as in, order of theatrical release, first 3.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well we know that since Abrahms is directing it will not be the borefest that the last 3 movies were.

Had Lucas retained control and directed more of them he would have destroyed the legacy that Star Wars is. I think he understood this which is why he sold it to Disney.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, who would have thought the New Republic has an old folks home? This isn't just over playing a franchise, IMO...it's beating a dead horse into unrecognizable mush in pursuit of something even I've lost all sight of.

Maybe Lucas can show the world what made him so famous to begin with and think up an original story for the modern times...instead of retreading a 1970's/80's tale so badly it looks like a tire about to blowout.

Star Wars has 9 parts. Its a trilogy of trilogies. Parts 7, 8, and 9 are original stories. How is completing the original story "something something mush"ing it?

edit on 5/25/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes.

Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are set to be in the next Star Wars movie.

And there will be the bulk of the special effects budget making them look good...even Ford yeah you heard me even Ford!

I remember when I was kid and hearing Star Wars would be 9 movies and after Empire I was so excited! Then I waited like 20 years...

I had some trepidations with "Episode I" and they were confirmed this re-reboot is just about money...yay take all my childhood memories and throw them in the hollywood blender add eye-bleeding special effects, no story and bad dialog and it will still make a bazillion dollars cause people is stupid!
edit on 25-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
why am i thinking, these old stars will be given 5 minute cameo appearances?

luke skywalker sitting momentarily at some space-bar, saying to the protaganist "he doesn't like you"
carrie fisher, seen briefly begging for credits wearing a cardboard placard "i was jabba's love slave"
harrison ford, seen in the background with his trusty lightsaber/walking stick..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

lol... Yeah, and Friday the 13th had, in myth and legend, 13 original intended parts. I think they could safely have pulled that plug at about the 3rd one and called it a cooked franchise. I kinda enjoyed it to about that point in the process.

Star Wars has "nine parts" because someone decided to return to a cash cow and have it lay 6 more golden eggs. I don't recall hearing about these 6 missing parts for the years upon years covering the release of the original trilogy of movies and I was a fan from the first sight of Darth Vader facing down Princess Leah.

It doesn't really matter to me if they planned a dozen though (See Jason Vorhees above), I'm just sick of seeing new release schedules and the vast majority are rip-off's of previous movies or direct sequels to sequels of sequels. Oh, and an occasional prequel thrown in, just for good measure.

The original and truly great ideas seem to be dead among this crowd of writers and that's a shame. They are busy making part 6 or 10 of movie series that had they hayday before some of these writers were even born.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They had better not do this with these senior citizens. It will suck and it will suck big time.

Lucas is a sell out and a fool his fans hate him. With selling out to Disney they doomed what little pride they had left after the last 3. SELL OUT LUCAS.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Look at the bright side....Maybe Skywalker will produce a light saber from his walker or Leah from her wheel chair, this late in life. We'll then get to see once and for all, what the TSA imagine they may find in roughing up our elderly on a regular basis. Surely, they have to have one hidden somewhere. The ways of the Jedi, after all, even geriatric ones.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

lol... Yeah, and Friday the 13th had, in myth and legend, 13 original intended parts. I think they could safely have pulled that plug at about the 3rd one and called it a cooked franchise. I kinda enjoyed it to about that point in the process.

Star Wars has "nine parts" because someone decided to return to a cash cow and have it lay 6 more golden eggs. I don't recall hearing about these 6 missing parts for the years upon years covering the release of the original trilogy of movies and I was a fan from the first sight of Darth Vader facing down Princess Leah.

It doesn't really matter to me if they planned a dozen though (See Jason Vorhees above), I'm just sick of seeing new release schedules and the vast majority are rip-off's of previous movies or direct sequels to sequels of sequels. Oh, and an occasional prequel thrown in, just for good measure.

The original and truly great ideas seem to be dead among this crowd of writers and that's a shame. They are busy making part 6 or 10 of movie series that had they hayday before some of these writers were even born.

Actually I do remember an article in a magazine in like 1982-3 just before Jedi came out stating it was to be a 9 episode serial. That Lucas was trying to revive the old serials of the 30-40's. Jedi's less than stellar box office pulled that plug and he focused on Indiana Jones (yet another "Serialesque set).

I believe it was to be the rise of Vader and his fall and the his redemption, Luke's breaking that pattern and finally his (or lea's) family legacy and if that cycle continues or can be totally broken told through 3 generations hence 3 trilogies. It was a noble idea showing the sins of the father and all that but it became to complicated. I think if they keep that theme and show the cycle or how that cycle is broken it would be better than the original and the prequels. But I have a feeling they will scrap that idea...
edit on 25-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Disney produces crap. It really is that simple thankfully for them people for the most part are accepting of crap and could care less about wanting quality anything.

The new movie will follow the the same stupid script all Disney movies follow. Some stupid bratty kid will be involved somehow and it will warm the hearts of the idiots.

Lucas is a arrogant fool and a sell out what little hope his legacy had is gone. He should be ashamed.
edit on 25-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Im just extremely curious how the sfx they used in tron to make a young Jeff Bridges have advanced, if they pull it off well it could be a turning point for movies. Hopefully the CGI doesn't fall into uncanny valley territory.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

They had better not do this with these senior citizens. It will suck and it will suck big time.

Lucas is a sell out and a fool his fans hate him. With selling out to Disney they doomed what little pride they had left after the last 3. SELL OUT LUCAS.

Alec Guiness was a senior citizen in the first movie and are you trying to say he didn't perform a great role?

Just because they are bringing back the original cast who are now old doesn't mean they can't perform a great job.

Its all about the writing.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Im just extremely curious how the sfx they used in tron to make a young Jeff Bridges have advanced, if they pull it off well it could be a turning point for movies. Hopefully the CGI doesn't fall into uncanny valley territory.

I'm not so sure that will be necessary. The original actors might have been asked to come back because the movies take place awhile after return of the jedi. In the books, a lot happens after the events of RotJ and Leigha and Han end up having twins who become jedi. There's a lot of material to work with there, if they choose. I highly doubt they will try and use CG to make the original cast look young or anything like that.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by SubTruth

Alec Guiness was a senior citizen in the first movie and are you trying to say he didn't perform a great role?

Just because they are bringing back the original cast who are now old doesn't mean they can't perform a great job.

Its all about the writing.

The writing........with great lines such as "I hate it when he does that". Disney will take this to a new level of stupid. Let's just watch and see.

Disney+Star wars=

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This could be epic. Abrams is a fantastic director. Look at the raw emotion of the cast of Cloverfield, or the play with dark vs light in Lost. The space battles of Star Trek. Yeah. I'm gonna go see part 7 opening night. I don't even want to see trailers for it or anything else that might spoil it leading up to opening night. It's gonna be tough...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

edit on 25-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Now that you mention that in some detail, I vaguely recall something about it. About a deeper 'meaningful' plot regarding the family lines and philosophical side that the last of the prequels only touched a hair on in the closing 30 minutes or so.

Oh well... I suppose if it was the only Part xx ..ad naseum thing running atm, it would be easier to see as a unique situation to continue a story, but almost everything is part xx, anymore.

Besides.. I did follow the Star Wars 'universe' by Audio book on the truck for a literal generation beyond the events of Return of the Jedi, and in at least two timelines. lol...Which is kinda the problem. Which timeline would he even take, if any, from the fan created galaxy that's already well out beyond where the last film ended?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

han solo didnt have a light saber, and if he did it would melt through the floor unless the floor was made out of ray shields. If your gonna bash star wars at least do it right.

and another thing to all you guys. Why bash star wars no matter whom makes the films it is all one story. I think this is just a case of nerds trying to act all high and mighty over the greatest story ever told. And yes i am holding it higher than the story of Jesus. At least Star wars is a known fiction story as opposed to fiction perceived as fact.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

according to the source original cast is only rumored to be cast

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join