It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, never ask your man what he is thinking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Good evening ATS

Mrs C occasionally glances at me looks a tad bemused and makes the mistake of asking the question.

"What are thinking my love ?"

I used to just say, oh nothing much babes just off in Codyland.

Then I had an epiphany. If she is genuinely interested I'll be honest, after all, we are in love, we share our lives, support each other, laugh together, cry together, worry together, hold each other throughout the night, you get the idea. It's almost a perfect relationship, about as close as two people can be without actually exchanging souls. I'm not saying life is all pixies, fairies and me bringing home a dozen red roses and a puppy and kitten every night. Far from it. But we muddle through happily together.

The first time I decided to answer honestly I was leaning out the window having a smoke.
Then came the question

What are you thinking my love ?

I said you really want to know ? Yeah I'd be interested to know.

OK I was just thinking that place would make a great sniper position babes.
Her response ..........................

No seriously babes if you look it's got great cover, great sighting for both streets in all directions and a discreet exit with multiple escape routes.

Never under estimate the male ability to think pointless rubbish, we are experts at living in our special second life

I'm sure the ladies do the same.

The last time Mrs C asked

We were in London on a day out to enjoy life away from the everyday annoyances

What are you thinking my love ?

I was just thinking having seen a brilliant T-Shirt. Do angels cry ?

And another time

I just about got away with it

Does my bum look big in this ?

My answer ? I wouldn't know love, I'm in love the rest of you as well, why would I notice that ?.

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I said you really want to know ? Yeah I'd be interested to know. OK I was just thinking that place would make a great sniper position babes. Her response .......................... No seriously babes if you look it's got great cover, great sighting for both streets in all directions and a discreet exit with multiple escape routes.
reply to post by cody599

That totally random comment made my day.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just zoning....or some variation....should always be the go to answer to that question.

They really don't want to know, any more than we really want to say.....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm not so sure. If my husband came out with zingers like that, I DO want to know!

I love randomness. It's so.....random.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Like the other day, I'm going up the stairs to my work office, and wondering....

I wonder what I could grab out of the office to block off these stairs from a horde of zombies?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yup... I can totally relate.... Sitting with Jenny the other day and she does the same thing... So this time around when she asked I responded....

I AM BATMAN! Grabed my Lillian and with both arms under her brought her down like in the Mission Impossible Suspended from the ceiling scene and start singing the music....

He face went~
with a "Ooooooook" nevermind I don't want to know next time~

Me~ Love you to babe!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You should been like.
Oh I was just pondering how to get rid of a body in the everglades.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm with Smyleegrl on this one. This is perhaps a part of why I love ATS so very much and maybe I'm not your average girl (I'm not really sure there is such a thing ) but these are the very things I love to talk about.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

a dozen red roses and a puppy and kitten every night. Far from it. But we muddle through happily together.

Haha, lucky you.. i tend to bring home a dozen red roses and a puppy and kitten every night but i think i went a little too far last Saturday when i brought that raunchy little 26 year old redhead back at 3 in the morning

Seriously though Cody, I am one of those chaps whos wife never talks to me or asks me questions... BLISS but sometimes can be quite frustrating too!

Edit to add : CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! I have just asked my darling wife the following question :

"Darling, do you ever ask yourself what i am thinking?"...

for which she responded...

"NO, because i know that you cannot think"...

How my bonfire was pissed upon... *sulk sulk*

Right, it's off to the shed at the bottom of the garden to do some DIY work and secretly have a swig out of that Famous Grouse bottle hidden away somewhere amongst the rusty screw drawer and the spanner set!!!

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 22-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 22-5-2013 by Rodinus because: crap spelling

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I love randomness. It's so.....random.

It's a great way to find out what level someone is on too. Chuck something random into a conversation and see what happens.

Those who get it understand the game and play along or are amused in appreciation, those that don't often stare blankly at you and just think it's silly. Their minds want to understand, but without a reference point they are lost.

Tribbles are cute.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Like the other day, I'm going up the stairs to my work office, and wondering....

I wonder what I could grab out of the office to block off these stairs from a horde of zombies?

See! That's hilarious!

Perhaps one to many episodes of the Walking Dead?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

She'll never learn ( at least never let on) for which I will be eternally grateful

Breaking ................ what you thinking my love ?

Answer

I'm thinking I'd like to dance with my wife and just shut the rest of the world out for a while .Sometimes it's good to question .

Sweet dreams ATS angels on all your pillows

I have a prior date

Cody

edit on 22/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The other day, I'm feeding my really old (19 yr old) cat some milk...and just watching him drink.

My wife asks the question..."What are you thinking about?" (as I'm watching him)

I answer with "just zoning", but I'm thinking....

If I could make him laugh, would milk come out his nose?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This reminds me...my fiance and I were sitting, looking at the dog the other day, and one of us said, "It sure would be great if our dog could talk, so we could know what he's thinking." The other one replied, "Yes, it would."

The dog then bent over and licked his crotch. The fiance and I looked at each other, paused for a moment and then both said, "Nah, never mind."

Sometimes, it's just better not to know.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I always imagine that my dogs' inner monologues sound like the dog in Up! (animated movie with the old man, house with balloons, etc.)

And right now, I'm thinking...

How many people are going to get graceunderpressure's signature image?

(Mike broke the Hubble, Mike broke the Hubble!)
edit on 22-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
May you all go to bed after a glorious day
And say " love you"

Cody

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
This reminds me...my fiance and I were sitting, looking at the dog the other day, and one of us said, "It sure would be great if our dog could talk, so we could know what he's thinking." The other one replied, "Yes, it would."

The dog then bent over and licked his crotch. The fiance and I looked at each other, paused for a moment and then both said, "Nah, never mind."

Sometimes, it's just better not to know.

Funny you should say that Grace, Mrs R and i were watching one of our dogs licking his nuts out on the patio the other day...

"I wish i could do that" i said

For which Mrs R responded

"Give him a biscuit... he might let you"!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'll bring my sleeping bag

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

I'll bring my sleeping bag

Mrs R is sleeping too

Aww shucks... now she knows what i am thinking!

edit on 22-5-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Again, angels on your pillows
Sweet dreams and for those of you that have a moment of doubt.Take that thought and act on it.It may be hard but you might be surprised,
Your kids and your family still love you.

Cody

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join