It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, never ask your man what he is thinking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting, maybe that's where I went wrong with my marriage.

I never think,I just do then think about what I did.

Nothing ever goes right for me, but I'm never short of things to gripe about...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ha..yeah. Last time my wife asked that question, I answered her honestly with,

"I was trying to reconcile the idea of M-Theory and the Big Bang. Wondering if the 2 branes that collided, were not applicable to theories of the interaction of double layers, or if it is another attractive force we are not aware of at this time, and...."

To which she stopped me in the middle and said, with her eyes rolling, "...never mind....did you take out the trash like I asked?"

My Answer? Yes Sweetie.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed

Nothing ever goes right for me, but I'm never short of things to gripe about...

It's our failures in life that make the best stories later on.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Ha..yeah. Last time my wife asked that question, I answered her honestly with,

"I was trying to reconcile the idea of M-Theory and the Big Bang. Wondering if the 2 branes that collided, were not applicable to theories of the interaction of double layers, or if it is another attractive force we are not aware of at this time, and...."

To which she stopped me in the middle and said, with her eyes rolling, "...never mind....did you take out the trash like I asked?"

My Answer? Yes Sweetie.

I feel you. My wife hates it when I pause during "The Big Bang Theory" and for some inexplicable reason, feel the need to explain what they are talking about. Now, my wife is pretty smart, but she simply isn't versed in physics. Sometimes, she likes the explanations, like Schrodinger's Cat...but other times, she just does the same eye roll. As far as M-Theory goes, I'm thinking the dark matter explanation may be the way to go, but also that it seems like kind of a cop-out explanation to make the math work. I really hate strings, but no big fan of quantum loop gravity either. Oh well.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is so very true Smyleegrl.

Years ago my husband and I were staying on some ranch property and needed to repair one of those fencing ladders that allows a person to climb over an electrified fence. Its shaped like an upside down V with plank rungs on both sides. It was made onsite so putting it back together was like some sort of puzzle created by an evil marriage testing genius. In the process I brushed against the fence and wham, the shock was incredible. I warned my hubby that the fence was extra hot and to be careful to which he responded ,"you cant get shocked unless you make contact with two of the wires, and to be fair that is how it's supposed to be. Anyhoo, we went back and forth for awhile and to prove his point he reaches out and grabs ahold of a single wire, and Pow. It was so loud even the bulls looked over as if to say ' she just told you it was hot ". I hate to say but that was the funniest thing I had seen all day, and he was pretty pissed at me for laughing, but hey, funny is funny.

He still tells this story (It's funny now) usually in reference to someone saying females are overly dramatic when it comes to pain. He thought the fence couldn't be hot because I said ouch and went back to work. When it happened to him he screamed like a third grader looking at a spider.
edit on 22-5-2013 by pennylemon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's our failures in life that make the best stories later on.

Ain't that the truth.

Which is a better story?

I got my Master's Degree!

or

The other day, I'm on my phone, in the bathroom (not on the pot, looking in the medicine cabinet), and a text comes in, causing it to vibrate, which surprised me, making me drop it in the toilet.

See? Failure = better story (and a trip to the Verizon store to get a new phone).

edit on 22-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Wow, sounds like quite a bit of charge going through that wire....may be up a bit too high.

I hate to say but that was the funniest thing I had seen all day, and he was pretty pissed at me for laughing, but hey, funny is funny.

My wife laughed when I told her about the cell phone too...
Just had to laugh with her...
edit on 22-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My response to this thread would be "Gentlemen, never honestly tell your woman what you are thinking"

In all honesty over half the time I'm thinking about something sexual and it's not with my wife.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Or it's with your wife.....and her best friend.....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Definitely the makings of a better story Gazrok.

I hate to get serious for a second but speaking of my own marriage, we are separated, one of the things that my husband has realized is that those random thoughts we have are really the things that I personally want to hear more than anything and that holding those things back led us to lose our friendship.

And thanks to you I can't stop thinking about how I might be able to make my cat laugh.

Penny

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yes i have been trying to do that for years, And i still haven't give up!!
......As for you Cody you cant beat randomness its the best

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You owe my man an apology in advance now, because I am going to be driving him nuts with this question. Knowing him, I am sure to get some interesting replies.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have always told my wife what I was thinking. I usually get about 10 words into telling her and she zones out. She says she doesn't understand most of it (often because it is relating to something business process related, or me thinking about stuff like consciousness).

My youngest son and I often will partake in conversations about stuff like sniper positions. Or zombie preparedness. She thinks we are dorks, but likes how close we are.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon

This is so very true Smyleegrl.

Years ago my husband and I were staying on some ranch property and needed to repair one of those fencing ladders that allows a person to climb over an electrified fence. Its shaped like an upside down V with plank rungs on both sides. It was made onsite so putting it back together was like some sort of puzzle created by an evil marriage testing genius. In the process I brushed against the fence and wham, the shock was incredible. I warned my hubby that the fence was extra hot and to be careful to which he responded ,"you cant get shocked unless you make contact with two of the wires, and to be fair that is how it's supposed to be. Anyhoo, we went back and forth for awhile and to prove his point he reaches out and grabs ahold of a single wire, and Pow. It was so loud even the bulls looked over as if to say ' she just told you it was hot ". I hate to say but that was the funniest thing I had seen all day, and he was pretty pissed at me for laughing, but hey, funny is funny.

He still tells this story (It's funny now) usually in reference to someone saying females are overly dramatic when it comes to pain. He thought the fence couldn't be hot because I said ouch and went back to work. When it happened to him he screamed like a third grader looking at a spider.
edit on 22-5-2013 by pennylemon because: (no reason given)

THIS! ^^^^^^^

You seem like an awesome wife, just on that story alone.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrock, I love that clip. Our dog does the "SQUIRREL!" thing on each and every walk. One of his nicknames is ADDD (ADD Dog). Thanks for posting it -- always a laugh.

And thank you for getting my signature. Most people are too distracted by my avatar to notice it. I often find posts more amusing when viewing them through Tom Servo's perspective.

edit on 5/23.2013 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Funny you should say that Grace, Mrs R and i were watching one of our dogs licking his nuts out on the patio the other day...

"I wish i could do that" i said

For which Mrs R responded

"Give him a biscuit... he might let you"!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Rodinus, your reply makes me wish that ATS had a special response mechanism for when a post makes you actually snort a food item through your nose.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
*Update*

What are you thinking my love ?

I was thinking why have my boxer shorts got a button next to my backside ?

It's gonna be one of those days

Cody

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Too much curry last night??

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Too much scotch

apparently my ability to dress has a direct correlation to the amount of alcohol consumed the previous evening. At least I think that's what she said.

Not sure it was so polite

Have a great day my friend
Warmest
Cody
edit on 23/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

As long as you didn't wake up with those boxer shorts on your head a couple of dead Hamsters and a roll of sellotape in your bed mate! That's when you have to worry that you were drinking bad scotch!

Have a great day you too

Warmest respects

Rod

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join