It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor isn't wrong yet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Titor said the 2004 election would piss people off

He said 2004-2008 there would be a civil war of Waco events every month

He said by 2008 most people will realize there is a civil war, but before that people will not believe its happening

He said the mass nuking of WW3 would happen in 2015, but I can't recall what he said about Hawaii (I live in hawaii 0.0)

Anyway, IF people on THIS WEBSITE are still questioning the existance of a civil war by 2006, titor is fake.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
isn't waco in texas?

anyway. I agree, we still do not now how the electon results will affect the US and the rest of the world.
WW3 will invlove nukes i reccon, so anything is possible.
2500years ago everyone KNEW the earth was flat
1500years ago everyone KNEW the earth was the centre of the universe.
just think about that people

llama009

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Actually he said that there would be waco type events each month leading up to the election.

And "This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election."

And "I don't believe I ever said the war was between Democrats and Republicans."

It's a hoax anyway. Give it a rest. Good fiction, but please don't read to much into it.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think 2004 was a typo. But I can not find the quote that has someone pointing that date out and Titor saying, oh that was a typo. Here is everything I could find in regards to 2004/2005. I find that he focuses on 2005 more, but does mention 2004 a couple of times. It seems to me that he got his election date wrong and was focusing on 2004. Time will tell. Great story, nevertheless

Also remember that historical perspective is pretty fuzzy when you start slicing things up yearly. Who can say when distent truly starts, etc?

07 November 2000 21:23 (predictions for the future) 35
There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005

12 November 2000 16:41 (predictions for the future) 72
I am here for personal reasons. For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005.

15 November 2000 14:20 (predictions for the future) 75
It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in 2005.

13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 154
This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.

13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 162
(How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?)
They are not directly involved but political situations are dependant on Western stability, which collapses in 2005.

02/01/01 08:36 (predictions for the future) 258
The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

02/19/01 16:01 (predictions for the future) 442
((3.) Your enemy was in the cities. Was the President in 2005 also on the enemy side? was the President in 2009 on the enemy side? How did you feel personally about these Presidents?))
The President or ?leader? in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights. The President in 2009 was interested only in keeping his/her power base.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think it's not yet proven that Titor was a fraud, which doesn't means he was right.

(How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?)
They are not directly involved but political situations are dependant on Western stability, which collapses in 2005.

Could this be related to Arafat's death?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, if he's traveling back in time, he's just a human, and he's entitled to a mistake. I dont have ALL my history down correct either. We're on our way to civil war, there are protests starting, and the Bush camps rumored?
Wait till people start disappearing. I would say this would ignite the fuse.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
(not trying to bring the election into it) But the beginning of Civil unrest can be measured on the sudden and record turnout of voter's this year.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How John Titor was using the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" before ANYONE was using the word or even know what it meant (even high up in the political/corporate world)... instead of using the term "Nuke" John Titor used the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" before it was even in the masses conscious (before 9/11).

That alot is fishy...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
WMD was a term used in the 1950s. It has been around for a long long time.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My faith in Titor's predictions has grown from the upcoming events. I can now say that I have an 80% belief in him that he was genuine. In other words, I almost believe him.

Civil unrest has certainly broken in America around the 2004 elections, corroborated by Kerry in his speech and the general rebellion that seems to be forming against Bush.

Further, Titor said we would have a female president in 2008, and surely enough Hillary Clinton is favourite for representing the democrats for next term. So, no surprises if she takes office in 2008. Corroborated by: news.scotsman.com...

However, I think Titor's WWIII is going to happen sooner than 2015 in our timeline. However, now that we are almost sure, Titor is genuine(there is still a shadow of a doubt) we should be doing something to stop his predictions from being fulfilled. It begins within, not outside.

EDIT: Nope, he did not say we are going to have a female president, he said the president in 2009 is going to keep his/her power base. This does not indictate, either way, that he implied there will be a female president.
I have been reading his posts in the evening, and my fath had waivered in him once again. I am going to remain mute on him for now.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr

07 November 2000 21:23 (predictions for the future) 35
There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005

12 November 2000 16:41 (predictions for the future) 72
I am here for personal reasons. For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005.

He says that the civil war will start in the USA in 2005, then five days later he says their is a possibility of a civil war in 2005. Can anyone explain this?

-edited to delete an edit that wasnt mine. Honestly!

[edit on 11/6/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Titor said the civil war starts in 2005 (will probably happen)

Titor said in 2008 everyone will realize that is IS happening

Titor said in 2008 theres a woman president? not sure he said that, but hey... maybe...

Titor said the MASS NUKING is 2015, but the WW3 starts before that obviously.

So, Titor seems pretty legit. If people on this website are STILL QUESTIONING whether a civil war exists by 2006, then Titor is a lie.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While I did look into Titor subjectively, I no longer can do that as I have concluded, rather quickly, that Titor is a false profit, if you will.

One reason for this is I don't believe time travel is or ever will be possible, time is what you make of it, an illusion, not something that can be harnessed or altered in any way other than what we are and always have been doing. Even if it was possible, I don't think the "Back to the Future" car would be the way to go about it.

Another reason is Titor is quite vague with his statments, he doesn't seem to have any detail, but only what a generic view of what occured.

Yet another, Titor stated "we should not eat meat of an animal which eats other dead animals" or something to that effect. That's in the bible, it's a sin to eat scavengers.

The biggest reason of all, though, is that he is telling us what is to happen. He states that we are a different "world line" and because of this, if anything is changed, it will have no affect on his origional world line. This is why he can tell us what's going to happen. However, he doesn't go into detail, because he doesn't want to mess up the natural order, he has said, right? Then why say anything at all? Wouldn't it be best not to interfere in any sense if you wish to keep the "natural order" ..?

Plus, he has gone back in time and returned to his true time before. This isn't possible as if he goes back in time, he would not be returning to his origional timeline, but instead a totally different future. It may appear the same, but the people are not the same. This would make time travel one-way and unproductive. Sending a man back in time to solve a problem will only solve that problem for another worldline. Someone from another wordline may not actually come into yours and solve the problem for you..you see?

Anyways, I doubt Titor is true, however his predictions do seem possible. I could see these events occuring, I always expected something of that nature to accur *around* that time frame. Logic, I spose. If these events do occur, it doesn't mean Titor has told the truth. Titor will always be a debateable subject no matter what. Excuses can always be made up, whether or not his story comes to life.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well titor explained that he's not altering time, just passing through it

It's possible.

I'll explain it

If you "go back in time 50 years" you will end up in another universe. As your spending time in the universe, your default universe is still going on.

Now if you go foward 50 years in time, you will reach a point that is just like where you left- even though its not your universe.

It's like this because the universe you just entered in is a universe where one of "you" just left because...

Errr, I'll stop explaining- hard to explain

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Titor's time travel is really a form of jumping to alternative realities. He explains this himself. A lot of the people on ATS haven't taken the time to read and digest everything he's said. For this reason it becomes extremely tiring to defend or debunk Titor.

For his time travel, the trick is to minimze the divergence between where you left and where you're going. As I said, Titor doesn't really travel through time, but end up in different universes that resemble our own (like 99%).

As pointed out in the Titor Debunked thread, there is really only one inconsistency. A rather large one at that. As a caption to a photo he says:

"This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

Reference : www.abovetopsecret.com...
See Kano's highlight of this problem:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I should be doing hw, but let's look at this thing.

15 January 2001 13:36

((The artificial singularity you travel with, you say it forms a local gravity field. Does it physically reduce the size of nearby objects during operation? And if so by how much? ))
Actually, there are 2 singularities in the unit. The gravity field is manipulated by three factors that affect it in distinct ways. Adding electric charge to the singularities increases the diameter of the inner event horizons. Adding mass to the singularities increases the area of gravitational influence around the singularities. Rotating and positioning the polar axis of the singularities affects and alters the gravity sinusoid. The effects of the gravity produced by the unit do not have enough time to significantly alter physical objects within a reasonable distance from the outside of the sinusoid. No, things do not get smaller.

So we have that this thing doesn't operate long enough to effect physical objects. Yet it distorts light outside of it. As we all know, light is "just" energy.

It is claimed, in this case, by Kano:

He claims the light from the laser is being bent as it passes through the gravitational field of the device. If this was the case, ALL the light passing near the device would be bent. This would give a gravitational lensing effect that would be noticeable in the image. Also, the light reflecting off the smoke particles would also be bent on its return trip to the observer, thus the laser beam would still appear straight to the observer.
( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

We all know that light is affected by big mass. (SO made a graphical joke about it when I joked that ATS' # was so big that it distorted time and space). This effect proved aspects of General Relativity and Quantum mechanics. You can't get around that. So we'd expect the light to be bent.

Now to strike down the last part. The distortion effect, gravitional lensing, does not magically make light appear to be straight. We know this because if it did, then General Realtivity and what not could never be verifiied. Here's some proof that gravitional lensing does not make light go back "straight" as Kano cliams: imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

As we see from the pretty graphic, light is indeed affected and bent. The light does not appeart straight to the obverser; quite to the countary, in Nasa's example, light makes two duplicate images appear to us. Obviously light returns in a distorted fashion. Also see: www.kwakkelflap.com...

Again, gravity straight up distorts light. I think all the other problems with Titor's story are a matter of interpetation of importance, etc. The above was the only physical challenge to Titor's story. Now back to my hw.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ktprktpr:

You've been here much longer than I have and you were actually around when the John Titor discussion was going on. I've tried to read through the novel like size of the ATS John Titor info.

However, has this picture been proven a fake? Is it possible for someone to bend a fiber-optic laser physically or would it have to be photo-chopped? And has there been evidence that this grainy image was photo-chopped?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that in 2035 the technology isnt that great. That's why they are going back in time, to reverse engineer technology. That could explain the poor image quality.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lol. I wasn't around when Titor came up. I did take part in a research project which I had to leave.

However, has this picture been proven a fake? Is it possible for someone to bend a fiber-optic laser physically or would it have to be photo-chopped? And has there been evidence that this grainy image was photo-chopped?

If you read the caption you would learn that Titor claimed that:

The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar.

And if you bothered to look at my links you'd also discover that light bending by gravity is a fact. It's crucial for verifying Relativity and certain astronmical observations.

Finally, that image was uploaded by someone else. Titor had a series of images and asked someone to upload them. This was back in 2001. What file format and size are you going to use? 8x10" 300 dpi Tiffs or 72 200px jpgs?

It's very easy to photoshop such an image, but the key to assessing the Tiitor story is reading and understanding all of its parts. You have to ask yourself, if it's all possible, then can you extract your own value from the story?

That's why the only solid challenge to TItor's story was this light thing; everything else that was raised was explicitly possible. But if light acted like Kano said, then it wouldn't be at all possible. As we see, light does act that way and Titor's story, strangely enough, still holds water. That doesn't mean it's false or true, just that you can take something away from it and learn. like with ATS and politics, everything doesn't have to be black or white.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Kano is wrong, you see, light doesn't really passes trought the gravity anomality, it bends around the gravity waves that the anomality generate.

To explain it in a graphic way, light in a gravity anomality acts like the air flow that bends around an airplane wing.

Thereby, Titor still holds, I don't say he was the real, just that we can't know for sure yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
but will the civil war be between white evangelical conservatives(who call themselves christians) and non white people? like black people, arabs, asians, etc? will it evolved and involved the whole world?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
That's why the only solid challenge to TItor's story was this light thing; everything else that was raised was explicitly possible.

Actually, that is NOT the only solid challenge to Titor's story.

The initial premise (that he had to time travel back to get an old copy of Unix because Unix had hit the "time code"problem) is bogus. It's like saying "my laser printer crashed, so I have to travel back in time to buy a copy of Gutenberg's press so that I can print my homework."

Yes, 32 bit Unix runs out of dates in 2026 (I think it is)...but almost nobody uses 32 bit Unix any longer, and as we replace hardware (which has a lifetime of about 5 years in a business environment, we move up to the 64 bit Unixes and the 128 bit Unixes...which will count time until the universe dies (or close enough that nobody will care.)

There's some other bogus elements, too... but the Unix thing said that he was a liar from the start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join