It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hello..

I'm in my 20's and I'm a bit weird.

I don't drink only a sip on birthdays or important holidays.

I don't smoke.

I don't see the point in the meaningless reproductive process,I don't see the opposite gender as a way to obtain pleasure, mostly I talk to women and get to the root of many problems if they having a bad day. I then try to give advice or help in some sort of way.

When I am about to say something judgmental almost something like a voice tells me not to judge others but to be understanding. It's not really a voice but more of a feeling of guidance, I apologize but that is the best way I can describe it.

I laugh a lot and smile which makes most people ask me if I smoked anything or took drugs.
Which in a way is funny as I don't do drugs or even take medicine of any sort. I only take medicine if it is absolutely necessary if I get very ill and told by the General Practitioner (My Doctor)

Most of my friends think I am odd.However, a few of them told me I am wise for my age and also called me an "Overseer" not sure why they just blabbered it out randomly. It makes me laugh picturing myself as an old man.

It all began when I woke up and saw a ray of sunlight going into my room, within it I saw a man and he was smiling. Ever sense I have had these high pitched tones and vibrations, I am not sure what to call it but it feels like I am resonating with something. They don't hurt but rather soothing and make me feel calm, I do question what they truly are or meant for.

I have checked with a doctor and nothing was found wrong with my health as the first few months made me think I was becoming a quaky.

I am quiet an odd character for my age when most of my friends and same age group individuals go party. I instead usually sit down and meditate, think deeply, watch the stars and listen to soothing music. Even when I do go to parties I mostly space out in my thoughts, this is usually the point where the room goes more quiet and I just observe things.

So.. as you can see I am a bit of an odd individual for my age and I am wondering if it is normal.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You are in good company, most of my friends think I am odd too

It is ok though, just be yourself and enjoy the ride!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PsiOpSky

Okay, I think it's pretty safe to say that for someone in their 20s you're kind of odd. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a little, or a lot, different. If everyone was exactly alike the world would be a pretty boring place. Embrace your "weirdness" and treasure it.....it makes you unique!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hi,

I think you should look up terms like intellectual giftedness and HSP, I think it will explain a lot..

It has for me.

Peace
edit on 20-5-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'm about your age, and believe me, there is nothing wrong with you. I believe not following the mainstream fads doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. Being yourself doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. In fact, in history, alot of people didn't followed the mainstream way to think. These guys were Tesla, Einstein, and so many more.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Personally i think you should be glad to be different, i mean who wants to be like the mainstream :p

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a few of them told me I am wise for my age and also called me an "Overseer"

You sure your not playing Fallout 3 a bit too much.

So.. as you can see I am a bit of an odd individual for my age and I am wondering if it is normal.

Welcome to earth, where we are all odd in one way or another to each other so when it all balances out its quite normal to be so different

I am quiet an odd character for my age when most of my friends and same age group individuals go party. I instead usually sit down and meditate, think deeply, watch the stars and listen to soothing music. Even when I do go to parties I mostly space out in my thoughts, this is usually the point where the room goes more quiet and I just observe things.

What you might discover over many more years of interacting with others that your odd character is a characteristic most of us also have.

Thanks for sharing

S/F

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You should research Dolores Cannon and her work with Volunteer Souls. According to her work, certain souls volunteered themselves to incarnate upon this earth in order to raise the overall consciousness level of the earth. You might find that your characteristics are shared with a large number of people and for a reason too. Just because you don't follow the standards of the status-quo does not mean that there is something wrong with you. Good luck!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

And you thought you were odd? Well, sometimes you seem odd to someone, didn't you know, 3/4 of the worldpopulation is hallucinating, offcourse they find you odd when they look at you.

You'll be amazed in times to come son, how valued you will be.

I think you're just about good.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Are you me? We seem to be almost the exact same.

And I thought I was the only one.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We are odd in this world. The ability to do complex thinking makes us odd. The little voice within us is our subconscious which I feel is another being which is within us. This being is a teacher, it steers us but does not force us to do things. Some call it our guardian angel. I think it is a combination of our subconscious tied to the knowledge contained in our DNA which allows communication with others of our kind. It is important that you understand you are being steered, you have to keep your morals strong. If this being is crabby or troublesome they sometimes refer to it as a demon and you need to learn how to tell it no. We are in control of our bodies, these beings are only supposed to help us learn.

And you think you have something wrong with you?
Wait till you get to be my age and have observed all the weird things in life. Don't get discouraged, what you have is a gift. A gift that restricts you from doing the judgemental things others do. A gift that if used appropriately can cause others to respect you. Sounds like you have a good teacher within you.

Doing something against what our subconscious being says to do will lead to a punishment. This is hard to comprehend but I will try to explain. Say we do something our subconscious doesn't like, it will cause our subconscious to sabotage our life, we will make one mistake after another that will lead us to destroy our life. This subconscious has ties to the knowledge in the DNA and is tied to what we perceived when we were young and who we respected and loved when we were young. It is in the primordial section of the brain which is sealed after a young age. Science is very aware of this section of the brain, that is why they state it is important for kids to learn right from wrong when they are young and they try to condition us before that age. I think this is set between the age of five and nine in most people. The knowledge of this has been known for thousands of years, but has only recently been proven as real.

This is where they get the saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. I am beginning to think that this is another fallacy though because they say that an older person cannot learn as well as the young. I have been learning at an accelerated rate for the last five years. What I am learning is far from what society wants to admit is true though. They combat this by saying that everyone is getting alzheimers or some dillusion in their old age, because the mature older person has experience and has seen things in their life that contradicts what they are touting as reality. Wisdom comes with age to some people who are not judgemental, prideful in their knowledge, and greedy.

Good luck with your life OP.....S&F for knowing that you are not a normal person in this world. What is considered normal nowadays is not right, it is a twisted view of reality.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with you! Celebrate your oddness! Wear it proudly, and being here at ATS with the rest of us "odd" ones you'll just blend in and feel right at home.

Seriously though, there are many young people such as yourself. I'm betting those of you like yourself will be the new leaders of our future world at least I'm truly hoping so. Cherish who you are!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
OP....there is no "normal"...

So....ROCK ON...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here are some visual aids for your "oddness"

If Frank Zappa says it is ok,
Then it is!

edit on 20-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: speaking typonese

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

And you thought you were odd? Well, sometimes you seem odd to someone, didn't you know, 3/4 of the worldpopulation is hallucinating, offcourse they find you odd when they look at you.

You'll be amazed in times to come son, how valued you will be.

I think you're just about good.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

I think you are right !

I have ruled from my observation that most of humanity is bat heck crazy. I mean they spend most of their money on stuff they don't need then complain about not having money for stuff they do need afterwards. They let their government they elect push them around and suck them dry of their health, money and happiness like some sort of giant Leech victim. Oh good golly don't forget about the disrespect and judgement of one another, I mean humanity fights about the littlest things.

Sometimes I put my head on the table and just hope that there really is a good reason for all of this silliness/craziness/ hallucination of the masses.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyholes
There is nothing wrong with you! Celebrate your oddness! Wear it proudly, and being here at ATS with the rest of us "odd" ones you'll just blend in and feel right at home.

Seriously though, there are many young people such as yourself. I'm betting those of you like yourself will be the new leaders of our future world at least I'm truly hoping so. Cherish who you are!

Isn't it usually that most of us such as myself get killed straight away whenever we challenge the system

edit on 20-5-2013 by PsiOpSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker

Are you me? We seem to be almost the exact same.

And I thought I was the only one.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

This is not a dating site

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No offense but I think scanning through this website and partaking in discussions related to conspiracies,metaphysical, and philosophical belief systems and or interpretations makes us all a bunch of odd balls.

As of late I tend to embrace my unique way of expressing opinions and thoughts in social environments, even if it alienates or confuses people, that at least means it has made some form of impact on an otherwise unwary mind that may need a bit of a push towards the pit of ''openness'' .

So I say welcome fellow weirdo/odd ball and be sure to share some of those events that play through in your mind so the rest of us can either relate or debate.

Good things

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with you... if you want to hear that you are special..

you are special pumpkin.

never change you are one in a billion.

all joking aside

there is nothing wrong with you..

I like how you have been conditioned to believe that drinking, smoking and being a horn dog are the "right" things you should be doing at your age.

the conditioning has been successful in making the normal wrong and the abnormal right.

edit on 21-5-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That's cool. Might want to work on your ego though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join