It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempting OBE not having much luck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jholt5638
For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to induce a OBE. I've tried the use of binaural beats I feel as though I am close I start to have the pins & needles sensation and I hear something like a electrical buzz but that is all the further I get. I'm not sure what is preventing me from making past that point. Is it possible some other force maybe preventing me from reaching a OBE state?

Not enough booze or other substances
all jokes aside

Couple of weeks, you say.

Maybe keep trying and after many years of purifying yourself and your thoughts will you be able to have an experience in which you search for.

Maybe the experience is not for you experience in this life.

Well if looked at as a state of being that one achieves then it will always be just out of reach, try looking at what you wish to experience from other angles, try changing your perceived view of how you have come to understand what you do and through that change of perspective you might find a new path to get you to your destination.

Or keep on the path your on as its always possible that your on the correct one and what you wish to experience is really not required for your soul to evolve.

In the end all paths lead to the same destination, it is the journey and how we handle it and what we learn from that journey that is important on an individual level.

Keep it up, you will get there in one way or another.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

Forcing something like that won't lead you to your goal mate.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

any chemical induced state is just an artificial experience.

so they all artificial, as most of our states of being are chemically induced with what resides in us.

I know you mean external chemicals being introduced into the body,

However I tend to disagree, the experience is all that matters to the individual no matter how its achieved, its just that when spoken about and how it has become achievable by some is when all gets lost in translation.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

OBE is a function of the spirit...
any chemical induced state is just an artificial experience.

Oh its quite the opposite my fine friend. Spiritual experience is a function of chemicals interacting with receptors in the brain. Just like every other experience we experience. With out these neurotransmitters there is no spirituality there is no us.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

To the OP: Just jumping in with Buster here in agreement. Ive had near 30 years luck with meditating, projecting, OBE's and bi-location (that was real strange and I didnt plan it, so I cant help you there.)

Dont expect more than it is. It sounds like you are on the right track. They all are a lot easier than you think to do, but can be hard to get to the 1st few times as you may be expecting too much, and dont realize the state youve attained.
I see you standing right at the door...and yet asking "Where's the door at"? Its natural.

There are many good books you can download for free to learn from. Never attempt any of these while tired, late in the day, sick, mad, angry, frustrated of depressed. Any of these can keep you from being successful.

Good luck to you....maybe we'll see you on the other side???!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OBE's are extremely hard to induce if you have never experienced on before and don't really know how each phase of the progression to OBE feels.

You will see and hear people recommend to attempting this at the end of your sleep cycle, not before you go to sleep, and, though it may work for some, it is definitely the most likely way to induce your first OBE.

Also, people who attempt to have OBE's, but have never experienced them before, are already at a disadvantage, because the focus is too high to allow your body to enter SP (Sleep Paralysis). SP is required before moving further into an OBE.

One good way for people to induce and OBE is by not going to bed with the sole purpose of inducing an experience. Go in with the mind set that you are going to sleep and maintain waking consciousness as long as possible. As you're laying there think about different things, such a flying around, walking through walls etc., but do not concentrate on an OBE.

Also, I mention thinking about slying around and walking through walls, because it is something you can do during an OBE and these thoughts allow you to have a disconnect with you life in reality. The disconnect is important, daily life can be stressful and may block any potential for an OBE experience.

Make sure everything is absolutely black and noiseless. If you enter SP with any light source on you may inadvertantly terminate the SP and OBE. It's because as you struggle to open your eyes in the early stages of an OBE, to see the OBE world, sometimes you will actually open your eyes slightly. Any light source that enters your vision at this point will instantly remind you that you are in bed, attempting an OBE - this will cause the end of the experience.

SP keeps us from physically acting out out dreams, but it can be very frightening as well. Most people who experience SP report having a feeling of absolute fear, which is accompanied by a feeling of certainty that an evil entity is also in the room with you. Many people actually see the entity and, as they struggle to escape SP, the entity either slowly fades out or vanishes immediately.

The fear that accompanies SP is one of the largest hurdles new experiencers will ever face. Many people can never shake the fear and make it past the SP stage.

Our minds and bodies are very smart and because SP can be so utterly frightening, our mind sends our consciousness into sleep mode moments before entering SP.

The key is to trick your mind into believing your consciousness is already asleep. That is why it is crucial to remain very still and very quiet, as-well-as staying aware, but not intensely focused on the induction process.

Make no mistake, you will know the exact moment your mind has been tricked and begins to send your body into SP. Most people begin the SP experience with the sensation of having a warm, heavy, lead blanket slowly draped over them, beginning at the feet and moving to the upper body and eventuallyover your head. You will feel like you are very heavy, but don't be alarmed, you are now ready to attempt separation.

Separation can be challenging, as many people are unable to leave their body after achieving OBE. You literally feel 'glued' to your physical body. One method I recommend is imagine yourself climing a rope. Don't imagine you are half-way up the rope, imagine you have just noticed a rope hanging down from your ceiling. Imagine grasping the rope and beginning the climb. This will probably allow you to 'climb' out of your body.

The method I use most is the 'roll-over'. I simply imagine that I am trying to roll over in bed so I can stand up. As I try to roll over, I have the very distinct sensation that feels like I am made of magnets. As I try to roll over, it feels just like I would imagine what 2 magnets being pulled apart would.

Once you get to this point, remain calm, you will experience feeling you never even knew existed. You will even see colors that you can not describe, because there are no words to describe them and they are unlike any colors you've ever seen before.

I you can keep your cool, then you can start exploring the world around you. Waling through walls, flying, telekinesis, and insane knowledge are some of the things you will find.

The experiences can be so extraordinary that most people can not have a full OBE on their first few successful experiences. Once you do fully experience an OBE, you will be thankful you spent your time and energy learning how to.

It can really be life changing and, if I had a wish, I would wish everyone could experience there very own full OBE, at least once in their lifetime.

Hope this Helps!

Good Luck!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[more
your on the right path but I feel you need to let go of your (need or want ) to go OOB & just allow it to occur look at your diet as well eat & live as natural as you can(you cannot beat fresh home grown ) !

Peace V

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I mean no disrespect to you or Inhale/Exhale, but, by your logic a spirit can be influenced by the physical world Additionally by your logic spirit does not exist without the chemical reactions in the brain. Spirit is not of this world nor is it in your brain. Spirit is independent of the body. Chemicals are not needed to leave, nor is it required to have a properly functioning "chakra" system. Your essence knows how to do it, any and everyone of us can. we can agree to disagree if you like. I'll say no more. OP, be honest and respectful in all you do. That includes how you treat yourself. be at ease and intent and you will succeed. listen to your heart, it knows way more than your brain. There are other forums on this topic here at ATS. Just sort through and find what feels right.
edit on 21-5-2013 by WHYFIGHT because: I wanted to say it differently

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing, I've also been trying for the past couple of months.
I came to the conclusion that if you try too hard you go nowhere. Just do it when you feel relaxed and at peace (no worrying thoughts floating about) and also don't expect anything to happen.
Those are the times that I've very nearly achieved it.
Like everything else it takes practice, there are those that have a natural predisposition for these things, but for the rest of us, we have to just keep at it and not let failure get the best of us!
Just the other night I felt my 'self' rise up over the physical body while half asleep, without me even trying!
I immediately snapped back once I realised what was happening though.
Regular meditation help a lot, even if only for 10 minutes each time.
Good luck!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT

I mean no disrespect to you or Inhale/Exhale, but, by your logic a spirit can be influenced by the physical world Additionally by your logic spirit does not exist without the chemical reactions in the brain. Spirit is not of this world nor is it in your brain. Spirit is independent of the body. Chemicals are not needed to leave, nor is it required to have a properly functioning "chakra" system. Your essence knows how to do it, any and everyone of us can. we can agree to disagree if you like. I'll say no more. OP, be honest and respectful in all you do. That includes how you treat yourself. be at ease and intent and you will succeed. listen to your heart, it knows way more than your brain. There are other forums on this topic here at ATS. Just sort through and find what feels right.
edit on 21-5-2013 by WHYFIGHT because: I wanted to say it differently
\

This is exactly why I said much gets lost in translation when trying to explain.

The spirit is not independent of the body and the mind is all connected just all souls are connected to a source. In my own perceived view of course.

I didn't say chemicals are required only similar results can come from such.

Hence the jokes aside after I posted "not enough booze"

I agree with finding what suits your being, what feels right, so actually there is no need to agree to disagree as essentially we agree.

I actually gave some techniques that have been helpful in my understanding of how one can achieve that in which they attempt and no substances required only whats inside you.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

I came to the conclusion that if you try too hard you go nowhere.

That is interesting you say that.

In the spiritual sense letting go allows for experiences to happen

In the physical sense its the opposite, one must try very hard to find and experience happiness and peace.

In my case anyway, but I see that with many others as well, life is a struggle and every now and then all is paid off because you feel happy or love even if for just a moment, which gives us the strength to keep going.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm in the same boat as you my friend.
I reach the vibrational stage but can't progress any further.
I had a few experiences when I was 5-6ish but have never been able to replicate it since.
I recently bought a book called Journeys out of the body by Robert Monroe. It's on amazon and is a great read with tips on how to get there yourself.

Have you had any luck since posting this thread?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'd say give up on it.

I tried this after reading tons of books on the subject. I started to practice the exorcizes for weeks. After a while, I knew it was starting to work. I got the vibrations the whirling whooshing sounds and started to try to project myself outward.

At this point something horrible happened.

My astral body slammed back into my chest area with the force of a sledgehammer being slammed into my chest. I thought i was having a heart attack but knew better. IT HURT LIKE HELL !!! - I never felt anything like that before or since. The pain lasted a long time. Needless to say that was the end of my OBE experiences.

After reading about this and talking to people they suggested I was so grounded to Earth my astral body refused to go. However no one has ever told me of them having such a painful similar experience. No one knew what to make of it. You don't want this experience trust me.
edit on 30-7-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

If you have a friend who can do it whenever they please, ask them to pull you out of your body. The best experience I ever had was when a Maori friend did this to me. He even told me what I was thinking at the time.

ETA: Here is another member who has experienced this:

Claims were made that a more practiced person, an adept if you will, has the ability to help you get out of your body while they are also out of their body. IF you run into such a person and your blessed enough for them to take you.
This is the experiance I had. Being a new member of ATS and so focused on my lifes goal of Astral Travel I blatently posted a thread BEGGING any adepts who would be willing to please come forth. I was answered. It was amazing.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread124649/pg1#pid1249652

edit on 30/7/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The best way to have OOBEs is to have "un-conventional" sleeping hours.

The problem is that we are conditioned to go to bed at a certain time, in a certain way. It's all habit. We go to sleep and then wake up in the morning.

Try to go to sleep at unconventional hours (naps etc.) and also try to sleep in "weird" positions. I found that when I sleep on the back (something which I usually don't do) I have OOBEs easier. Reason is that you un-consciously know that something is not "right", this makes your sleep not as deep and makes you awake maybe more often so you can easier take advantage of that state to have an OOBE. (Eg. if you wake-up in the middle of the night right after a dream etc. it can be easier). Key is breaking your normal sleeping habits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join