It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Well, I would have to hear it from the OP and if that is the case then, I must say that it is a case of mistaken identity.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

There are not multiple 'onenesses'. Nothingness is ultimate reality. There is only One.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

There is nothing that one 'must' become.
Reality (existence - being) is just happening.
Any 'goal' is an idea that exists WITHIN existence, not beyond it.
What is beyond existence? Emptiness, space (wholeness), silence, etc.

We need to “become” aware & we need to “become” clear who we are in order for us to “become” wholesome. And we have to watch out for external actions as others & or our actions unwittingly can cause us havoc in this river of life, there are many who want to bring us down.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nothing is really "emptiness, space" but even that is something.

good and evil
light and darkness
truth and lies
form (what people call "something") and emptiness (what people call "nothing")

all of it is 'one' because it is all 'to be' (existence). If it is occurring it is existence. Lies are thoughts and words, and thoughts and words exists.

At the core of all things, is the "to be" (is - is existence) and that is where the unity/wholeness/oneness is.

-----------

Everything IS (including the "emptiness" we call "nothing").

Existence is just existing.
Nothing "needs" to be done, events just happen.

to have a "goal" or to say something "needs" to be done - is a "purpose".

Purpose is something - an idea - it can only exist within existence. It is just another "thing".

Existence using existence to justify its existence.
There is no need to do this though...
edit on 19-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What is is what is is what is is what is is what is is what is is what is is what is... That is the best way to describe the indescribable.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

That doesn't mean that someone can have an experience and mistake it for nothingness.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

And then you realize that you had been what you were seeking to become all along...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

And then you realize that you had been what you were seeking to become all along...

That's right, that's after all that clearing & realizing & becoming.

Don't know what you mean by silence, when im at the desired space i want to be by will, there is never any silence
But this melody humming / vibrational sound.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Don't know what you mean by silence, when im at the desired space i want to be by will, there is never any silence

See my signature below in small print.

Kabir is talking about the inner music, not the outer, just to clarify.
edit on 19-5-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You bring up a really good point. In order for two beings to interact there has to be some kind of motion or action. The whole nirvana nothingness thing can't be the same as someone interacting with the world while experiencing inner silence. It just seems undoable.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Originally posted by MegaSpace

See my signature below in small print.

Kabir is talking about the inner music, not the outer, just to clarify.
edit on 19-5-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

Yes its all internal & is the most incredible feeling not just the sound, one that feels like your entire nervous system is being rejuvenated, it is the feeling of actually being wholesome together with the source.

Like what this person is referring about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-5-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Negative - think, and dream, focus, and remember, think again, find what two things differentiate, and, upon your deepest efforts, envision what you deem to be true, and, if it is, it is.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To me, the belief that one perceives that they are complete, or in a state of perfect bliss, and of being in the now and nothingness without taking into account that one has entered into that belief taking with them their ego, superego, and id, is being in denial, because one simply cannot deny those elements as being part of the process of meditation and life; the journey of understanding.

“How to get rid of ego as dictator and turn it into messenger and servant and scout, to be in your service, is the trick.”
― Joseph Campbell

So, let's assume one has tranformed their dictator ego into their messenger and has achieved (or discovered) a personal perceived state of perfection, or completeness, to me, that state of being still needs to be integrated with the others; physical, intellectual, higher intellect, psychic, etc. - past, present, and future.

"Hindsight, or our ability to see our past clearly, is a learning function that, when damaged ... renders us unable to look at the past to guide ourselves through the present and into the future. Without this ability, we cannot learn from our mistakes. We cannot clean up the wreckage of our actions. We are locked into a cycle of repeating the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. This is commonly known as the definition of insanity."
BARBARA S. COLE, The Gifts of Sobriety

To me there is always another stepping stone to a higher state of being, so, therefore, completion can be attained at each stepping stone, however vacationing in the meditative nothingness and bliss is always cleansing and can be offer different experiences for different people. However, I choose to visit there, not to live there.

"Watching birds has become part of my daily meditation affirming my connection to the earth body."
Carol P. Christ

I hope the quotes I selected give clarity to what I am trying to convey.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When the silence happens and there are no thoughts, no judgements - just pure clear seeing happens. When the mind stops speaking everything looks different - it does not happen much in the human but it does happen.
Then when the speaking mind starts speaking again it is heard. The one hearing the arising is nothing.
The arising is 'something' and what it arises in is 'nothing'.
Without the space for some thing to arise in could there be a thing or thought?
All apparent things appear in the space that you are.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by HarryTZ

That doesn't mean that someone can have an experience and mistake it for nothingness.

There is no possibility for one to mistake Absolute reality.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

But someone can mistake something else for it, which is what I am talking about and not the other way around.

edit on 20-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I've experienced that and honestly it isn't that mind blowing. Like InTheLight said, nice place to visit but I personally don't feel any particular benefit or need to live there and despite what HarryTZ might think, it is not like nothingness.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Than you did not experience it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Actually I have, as well as other things and that is the reason that I can tell you that there is more.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

There is no possibility for one to mistake Absolute reality.

You don't know any more about "absolute reality" than my left toe does. You are just as subjective an observer as the rest of us, and the fact that you are arguing about it proves you're not nearly impartial enough to make a legitimately objective statement in the matter. You are not Dr. Manhattan, so don't act like it.

Your reality is composed entirely of the signals produced in your brain as a result of stimuli. Your reality is about as absolute as the movie about the book about the movie about the book about the oral tradition regarding the paintings of Van Gogh's neighbor's dog.

“"Before you judge others or claim any absolute truth, consider that you can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you read this, you are traveling at 220 km/sec across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in your body carry their own microbial DNA and are not “you.” The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato. The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photoreceptors in your eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So you don’t just look at a rainbow, you create it. This is pretty amazing, especially considering that all the beautiful colors you see represent less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum.” –Sergio Toporek

Relatively speaking, you don't know crap. So I'd advise you just admit your ignorance and sit with the rest of us finite frail creatures. There's no shame in saying, "Iunno, but I intend to find out."
edit on 20-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join