It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade ouija board ~ making contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
i pointed out some of the biggest psychics would not take the test even though there was a vast amount of money on offer.

Any real psychic doesn't jump hoops for money.

I know some of you believe in the Ouiji board, but it is just a toy with no scientific merit.

As history has shown, science can't explain everything, actually we are just beginners on a cosmic scale...-- type 0 civilization. Maybe we start to touch on that when we hit type 1. Can a monkey explain how a computer works?

Surely if you could really contact the dead using a toy invented by Hasbro, and which can be produced from every day items for next to nothing these would be used to ease the pain of losing a loved one.

Why would people who don't even believe that it's possible even try? Also there is no telling what entity will come through the device, so it would be highly unreliable. Also the "loved one" could have passed on, and not necessarily be lurking around.

The police and government would save millions on investigating murders and unexplained deaths

Police use psychics all the time and have been successful, although remote viewing is much more accurate than most psychics.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Thank you for contributing to the thread in a meaningful way. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Even as an adult it can be quite terrifying.

At that age I did not understand what I was encouraging. My parents did not raise me to believe in the super natural. My parents are atheists. I had my reasons for the curiosity at a very early age, despite their believes, and so I pursued them. Unfortunately you can't undo what you've done. At best you can block it out, but it's not really in your control.

I hope you manage to keep yourself away from places like that in the future

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Thank you for articulating what I'm too tired and frustrated to do. Bless you

Another ATSer to the rescue, denying ignorance

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

you realise the oujii opens a portal for a spirit, and you let it out the bottle. You house could be haunted now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Theres only one way to put the spirit back you must redo the seance and command it to return to where it came from.

Of course that is just a belief based on superstition. There is no proof that this happens nor that if it did happen it could be reversed simply by asking it to leave.

It could be hogwash. Likewise the idea that the board works due to micro hand movements via the power of the mind could also be hogwash. Bottom line is we really have No Clue.

I challenge anyone who thinks otherwise to come up with proof.

I used to use one by myself to talk to "whatever". I was so good at it I could only place two fingers of each hand on it and have it fly around the board. After a few minutes I could take off one hand and one finger from the other hand and then, with - Just One finger watch it fly almost so fast i had trouble keeping my finger on it.

I agree these should not be sold as toys " just in case" but you can do the same thing with pencil and paper (automatic writing). I think there is something to it and it should be studied more to find why it works instead of being brushed off by heavily indoctrinated mainstream scientific community as pseudo science. I have a feeling most pseudo science is based in real science we just don't understand yet.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Quit trying to derail my thread into something about financial gain.

In fairness, I don't think that's what AmberLeaf was trying to do. They were just making the perfectly valid point that, if someone who claims to be psychic has a chance to categorically prove it to the world and end the debate, why not take it?

The sad fact is that these high profile "psychics" know that under strict experimental conditions, they will be revealed as frauds.

Don't get me wrong - I think the paranormal and the esoteric are interesting and worth exploring. But I'm not blind to the fact that there are plenty of people out there who A) want to believe that they're "special", and B) have no qualms exploiting people's grief / insecurity for their own personal gain.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen...

At age 11 we were just not clever enough to set the old camcorder up.

I can promise you, I am absolutely NOT willing to try it again just to prove it. And I seriously doubt she would either.

I recommend anyone who is up to the task use a table that is made of wood, rather than glass. And perhaps use metal candle holders ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousAchilles

In all fairness, I do not disagree. However, that's not the point of the thread. Which is why it's called derailing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousAchilles
The sad fact is that these high profile "psychics" know that under strict experimental conditions, they will be revealed as frauds.

Well, the late and great Ingo Swann was never "revealed" as a fraud. Technical remote viewing was then funded through 4 presidential administrations. Hmm..

As for the Randi challenge..

rense.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Derren Brown thoroughly debunked ouija boards in a tv experiment.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
Pics or it didn't happen...

I believe that what you described could happen regardless if you'd be lying or not.

I can promise you, I am absolutely NOT willing to try it again just to prove it. And I seriously doubt she would either.

You don't have to, I told earlier in this thread a reasonable explanation to the events, but you didn't bother replying for some reason.
I forgot to mention that the candles could have been extra sensitive to exploding since they were placed on a glass table, as glass is very bad at conducting heat, causing the candle-holder to become warmer than intended.
Also, the hot-spots that the candles caused would cause tensions in the table.
When the candle exploded, either the knock of glass and/or combined with hot wax caused the table to crack due to those tensions.

Just the other day a colleague had a glass "explode" as he poured coffee into it (the cups were all gone).
No ghosts there, either.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Police use psychics all the time and have been successful, although remote viewing is much more accurate than most psychics.

Except for that one who claimed Amanda Berry was dead

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story. I messed around with a Parker brothers ouija board about 8 in a half years ago when I first learned I was pregnant. I wanted to see what it was about and see if it worked.

It worked. We ended up throwing the 'game' away after.

I don't understand why it's sold as a game in the kid isle at the store. I saw one a few years back that said now glow in the dark ouija board. I thought, wow, ok that's not good. (IMO)

Paranormal experiences happen to an individual, or a group, and that individual holds that experience to be true in their heart. I know what happened to me wasn't fun or a game.

And I believe your story because I think ouija boards, wether hand made or bought, are not to be played with.
And that is just my lil ole opinion.

-nat

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have tried to warn people when I can about these things, but few ever listen until its too late anyway. Homemade boards are the most dangerous in my humble opinion as we put our energy and intent into the board when it is created. what makes them work has nothing to do with design or materials but rather with the fact that you are providing a communication tool to the spirits and requesting or rather inviting them to use it to interact with you. Now you have an open gate. Being that you did not destroy the board don't be surprised if one or both of you have repeat experiences in the future of the paranormal kind. You can't open the door and not expect things to come through if you never close it. that board needed to be destroyed. (burned). I wish you all the best, if you have further problems feel free to u2u me.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Oh hell, I will have to see if my cousin wants a million dollars. She can make things move inside her place and turn the lights on and off as she walks in and out of a room without touching anything. She was into dark witchcraft. She claims she is not anymore but she still uses her tricks so much that it freaks out the rest of her Christian family.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would throw away a ouija board if one ever came in my house
they scare me

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I make oouija boards stop working.Seriously.
I have been asked to join a group of folks who were using a oouija board,and they claimed to have 100% got into contact with a dead relative,over a few sessions.
When I enter the room,it stops working completley,or reverts to spelling out gibberish.
If I join in and touch the glass,no movement at all(I am not pressing down to hold the glass in place).
Happened to me a couple of times.

So I wonder,are some people able to contact the dead,and others like me are not?

I have also stayed at supposedly haunted houses,and have never even had a vibe at all,let alone seeing any ghosts.

I am a bit of a healthy sceptic,but an open minded one-I would really like to see a ghost/contact a spirit,but I don't think I am correctley "tuned" to that kind of thing,if indeed it does exist.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by CuriousAchilles

Well, the late and great Ingo Swann was never "revealed" as a fraud. Technical remote viewing was then funded through 4 presidential administrations. Hmm..

As for the Randi challenge..

rense.com...

As for the Randi challenge - You provide a link to some dodgy site pushing conspiracy theories, with more adverts than content and a disclaimer stating

The myriad of facts, conjecture, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information in the articles, stories and commentaries posted on this site range from cutting edge hard news and comment to extreme and unusual perspectives. We choose not to sweep uncomfortable material under the rug - where it can grow and fester. We choose not to censor skewed logic and uncomfortable rhetoric. These things reflect the world as it now is - for better and worse. We present multiple facts, perspectives, viewpoints, opinions, analyses, and information. As with all controversies, we stand ready to post any and all rebuttals and responses from people mentioned in the material we post.

Governments will fund anything, like bat bombs...pigeon guided missiles, it doesnt mean they will work, its a stab in the dark, sometimes even governments are fooled by these snake oil salesman. It even happens to this day, a guy called James McCormick sold £50m worth of golf ball detectors as bomb detectors (ADE-651 devices). Some countries still use them, even though they have been proven they dont work.

As for Ingo Swann, you can look here

www.tricksterbook.com...

if you do a search on the Skeptic's Dictionary site. He is closely associated with paranormal "researchers" Targ and Puthoff, and is generally lumped into that group of folks who were either credulous believers or opportunistic scammers.....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Three years ago i wrote THIS thread about a girl here in Spain who died directly as a result of playing with the Ouija..just like you.

Spooky stuff, take a moment and read it when you can.
edit on 17-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd personally say Ouija boards are anything but a game. In my own past experiences, I've seen and been a part of a real bad outcome that started that way. Whatever people want to debate for the source of it working ...from subconscious to spiritual to demonic (and all 3 have points), the fact it works isn't questionable in my mind. It's also a very different feeling between it being pushed by other people and when it 'works'. Hard to describe but to say it's a loss of sensation for friction between the pointer and the surface. It's noticeable though.

@Silcone

I do think some people can be like a block to things happening, for lack of a better way of putting it. Intentionally or not. Just my humble opinion.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Bird, I'm happy that you learned the truth about these things and are helping others avoid the same mistake...

I ran across these comments below a YouTube video that are pretty mind blowing:

I only played with a Ouija board once, with 3 other people, and guess what they all died within 10 years afterwards. The spirit said it would kill us and it kept to its word. I have nearly died on multiple occasions since then, a bit like the film "Final Destination" except in my case it's for real. You have cursed yourself playing with that thing and now you will die too like me. Sorry to break the news to you.

Jon Hart 2 weeks ago Source

I'm also atheist, I used to be catholic, but there are way too many stories about Ouija board sessions gone wrong. When I was around the age of 6 I remember my aunt saying that her and a couple of friends tried it out, the next morning she found out that one of her friends shot herself in the head just hours after playing it. The Ouija board could have been the cause or not, but being raised by a very hardcore catholic family gives you a different perspective.

FD36 1 month ago Source

I have played this game because I was curious if it was real or fake. So I played it 3 years ago with my friends at my house. One of my friends died 2 days later by playing this game. Just warning you its real and if you wanna play this game be ready to live with the consequences! Who knows what you are faced with!! don't %&@$ around with the devil he's stronger then you think. This is not science it real dark magic!

DMB7226 7 months ago Source

All of you that are saying that Ouija boards are fake are DEAD... WRONG!!!! My dad was almost KILLED using one to try to contact his grandpa when he was a kid. PLEASE! DONT USE ONE!?

Catarina Roza 2 months ago Source

A girl I know CLAWED HER FACE TO PIECES after playing with a Ouiji board. She went crazy!!!!!. PLEASE guys just don't even go there. These things are bad news.

Jakki Jimms 1 month ago Source

Once you use the damn thing, you let your door open to evil spirits. A friend of mine used it a long time ago and now she's in a hospital. She starts talking about a tall black thing that watches her and talks to her. She regrets using the Ouija board.

lupster4 2 months ago Source

We played that in the closet for fun while laughing like idiots...until the closet closes itself from outside locking us inside ... We were screaming like dogs in a cage with asthma and in the dark, we couldnt see a thing. I was 8 back then and the older brother of my friend had to break trough the door so we can get out... I was scared...

There is still a dark spirit attached to me and its been 14 years since. I think it is related to what happened on that day. The spirit is screaming at me and scaring me during some of my nights... I wake up swearing and I am paralyzed each time...I am not joking man.

Vinnyboy333 2 months ago Source

I knew a girl that had the ouija board predict the death of her friend in a week via a car crash. A week to the day she died.

afar1 4 months ago Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

uthinkitsover 5 months ago Source

A few words of warning . Once contact is made , it's for LIFE ! The end result is usually an untimely death , suicide , insanity , voices in the head , the feeling of being possessed and not being able to move ..... and things of that nature . You have been warned

harmageden 5 months ago Source

My uncle actually died from using one of these. My mother told me. She told me how it happened, but I think it's too personal to put it up for the trolls to laugh at. Anyway I was told not to play with them because they're dangerous.
Chuck Norris 10 months ago Source

edit on 17-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join