It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade ouija board ~ making contact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's late and I can't sleep to save my life, so I figured it's time to share something from my past.

When my friends and I were growing up, it was common to watch scary movies at all the slumber parties. We would also try to using the Ouija board depicted in some of these movies, never with any success of course.

One summer I decided to make my own ouija board out of a wood panel from a broken shelf in my closet. (I was convinced the Parker Brothers version would never work.)

My best friend came over to spend the night and we waited for the perfect opportunity to test it out. As soon as my parents left for the evening, I grabbed six votive candles and set them around the table. We placed the homemade board in the center, lit the candles and began to meditate briefly.

We were trying to contact a troubled teen who was murdered in our neighborhood. All we really wanted to do was prove if the board actually worked. I don't think either one of us honestly cared to "contact" K. He was just the best person we could think of at the moment. We sure as hell didn't expect what happened when I asked the first and only question.

After our brief meditation, we put our hands down on the cursor. I then asked the question aloud, "K, how did you die?" ZOOM!!! The damn cursor sped directly to the letter H. Right then, one of the glass votives exploded into about 20 pieces. The glass from the table, then shattered all the way from one end to the other!

We didn't even bother blowing the rest of the candles out. We didn't say a word to each other. We just got up and ran right out of the house, all the way to her house. My house could have burnt down and I wouldn't have cared, I wasn't going back in there.

I did eventually have to go home the next morning. My parents were extremely upset with me. It cost them $300 to replace the glass in that table. And I didn't do anymore seances ever again! Ouija boards really freak me out now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Good story.

I'm kind of a nerd, a theory guy, I like to think about how a board like that work. One thing that's interesting is that the spirits require plausible deniability for their existence to everyone in the room. If you do it right, everybody has their hand on the pointer, and everybody else thinks someone else is (or could be) moving it.

Plausible deniability is also important for conspiracies. For the conspirators to act, they have to know it can't be pinned on them.

So there is this weird thing in that connects conspiracy forces to ghosts, to the occult. Its an information dynamic, that thrives in situations of mutually shared unknowns.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Well, the thing is... every time we'd all get together during these silly slumber parties, there would always be someone screwing around or faking it, not being serious. It would always make me angry. I really wanted to test it out to see if it would really work, but there would always be too many silly gooses in the room.

This is what made me (at age 11) decide to put a few other theories to work... a real board, less people, meditation, candles. We actually took it very seriously for our age, lol.

When the kid was murdered in our neighborhood, it really shook our town up. We figured he would be the best person to contact. We did not expect anything to happen at all, much less the candle and table exploding the way it did.

I threw the board over the fence behind our property where we dumped raked leaves, but I never forgot about it, lol!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That's intense when something like that happens! Basically no explanation except paranormal.

I once had a dream where I was being approached by this ghost, he reached out his ghostly hand and plucked all the open strings on my guitar on its stand. It scared me, and I woke up, turned on the light. The strings on my guitar, on the other side of the room, were actually still ringing. The door was locked and no one, nor pets, were there!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ive never really believed the Ouija board thing, there are explanations that i feel satisfactorily explain the movement of the glass/object on the board.

A toy invented by Hasbro and popularized as a divining tool by an American "spiritualist" during WWI.
en.wikipedia.org...

I cant see how something so reportedly dangerous would be on sale to children in the likes of Toys R Us. Surely if there was any merit in the idea they could somehow communicate with the dead, the health and safety people would be over it like a rash trying to ban it.

People i know that have used them have never had anything weird happen to them, not so much as a movement, let alone anything spelt out...in English lol.

How can it work? Whats the (pseudo) science behind it?
edit on 17-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Yep, that's definitely scary. I'd have to leave the house. I hate stuff like that.

Is that the only time something like that has happened to you or does it happen frequently?

I'm not sure if this kind of stuff happens to everyone and they just don't clue into it or maybe it really only happens to some people? I don't know, but I wish there was a way to make it stop, lol!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

you realise the oujii opens a portal for a spirit, and you let it out the bottle. You house could be haunted now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

It was no toy, first of all. It was not purchased in any store, it was hand made.

Glass did not move, it shattered.
It shattered onced in the tiny glass votive, then twice across a wide path of thick cut glass inside a table.

I'm sorry I did not initially make myself clear in the OP.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes, I am aware. I do my best to not focus on it. We do not talk about it. That's why I come to ATS.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Theres only one way to put the spirit back you must redo the seance and command it to return to where it came from.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It doesn't matter where I go. This happened when I was 11. I've moved several times since then.

But you have to understand what drove the curiosity in the first place. It was not all the scary movies we watched during slumber parties. Lets just say I started noticing things before then. That's a whole different subject.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I will not be having anything to do with anymore seances EVER again. Period! Maybe you don't understand the terror I feel sometimes. That night brought some very bad things in. I'm not doing it again. It's bests to not talk about it. If you don't talk about it and try not to fear it, it's better.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT

It was no toy, first of all. It was not purchased in any store, it was hand made.

It shattered onced in the tiny glass votive, then twice across a wide path of thick cut glass inside a table.

I'm sorry I did not initially make myself clear in the OP.

Should have kept it, showed it to James Randi and made yourself $1m

www.randi.org...

No one has claimed it yet, though many have tried lol.

en.wikipedia.org...

As of April 1, 2007, only those with an already existing media profile and the backing of a reputable academic were allowed to apply for the challenge. As a result, resources would not have to be spent testing obscure claimants and could instead focus on prominent alleged psychics and mediums such as Sylvia Browne, Allison DuBois and John Edward with a campaign in the media

None of them would do it though

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Well if I were the kind of person who would profit of such things, I suppose . However, I do believe there are more evil things in this world than money. I'll pass thank you

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that you did this, aged 11.

There's that saying that kids are more "receptive" to paranormal events that a fully-grown adult.

Never thought about trying a ouija board myself , since I've heard a few stories from friends who have experimented with it in the past.

S&F

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

It makes no difference who constructed the toy.
We all know how the board works, and has nothing to do with spirits or anything else that doesn't exist.

There are many types of glass votive that have been pulled off the market because they explode under heat.
Since you had many together (probably heating eachother), it's not weird that this happens.

Also, glass shattering other glass is not weird either.

You can relax.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Well if I were the kind of person who would profit of such things, I suppose . However, I do believe there are more evil things in this world than money. I'll pass thank you

The three people listed love money, but chose not to participate. Fearing, they would lose all credibility and lose their source of income. Had they been genuine, they would have grabbed the opportunity with both hands, not only would they prove to the world that the paranormal was actually real, but they would be $1m better off initially for doing so...the money would pour in, they would be the only person in history ever to have proved their claims. They would be god like figures given they are the only people that can and ever had proven their claims.

Id love for it all to be real, but there is nothing proving it...except for claims that cannot be reproduced by those that are skeptical, or proved through scientific means.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Seriously ! Get off my lawn, lol ! I get it you don't believe. Whatever. Quit trying to derail my thread into something about financial gain. I'm not trying to make money here okay. I was 11. I'm just trying to share. Good God. Would you go troll someone else already. If you have nothing to contribute, then just go away.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Seriously ! Get off my lawn, lol ! I get it you don't believe. Whatever. Quit trying to derail my thread into something about financial gain. I'm not trying to make money here okay. I was 11. I'm just trying to share. Good God. Would you go troll someone else already. If you have nothing to contribute, then just go away.

I am contributing, and certainly not trolling or derailing the thread.

The differing of opinions is allowed im afraid
Neverless explained the glass, i explained the toy...i pointed out some of the biggest psychics would not take the test even though there was a vast amount of money on offer.

I know some of you believe in the Ouiji board, but it is just a toy with no scientific merit. Why dont hospitals use them, or undertakers, funeral parlors? Surely if you could really contact the dead using a toy invented by Hasbro, and which can be produced from every day items for next to nothing these would be used to ease the pain of losing a loved one. The police and government would save millions on investigating murders and unexplained deaths, historians would use them to find out about history first hand, even scientists would use them to help them explain evolution and other things.

I understand you have faith in what you say, but it doesnt mean what you experienced was paranormal. Why disregard everything opposing your views and claim those that do are trolls?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

It's late and I'm tired but I saw your thread and wanted to share a quick story.

A few weeks ago I spent a few days at Durango Jail in Phoenix, AZ.

It was a warrant arrest for failure to pay on an old D.U.I. charge so I’m not a big criminal or anything.

The story goes that the jail use to be a mental hospital for females and some people say it’s haunted by a young girl. Even the guards claim they see stuff they can't explain. Images on monitors, shadows when nobody is around, weird sounds, etc.

While I was there one of the ‘inmates’ made an ouija board to see if he could contact the girl.

I’m not sure what happened that night but the place is creepy as hell! If there is such a place as an evil building it would be that jail. I believe the stories and I wanted no part of the séance.

I was there for less than a week but I had nightmares nearly every night. Strange dreams that I'm not even comfortable talking about anonymously on this website.

I'm just saying you don't want to play with things you don't understand.
edit on 17-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join