It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House releases Benghazi e-mails

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by BlueAjah

FYI I read the e-mails,

So right here, they say the "agency" warned them. Then see page 94 - they come right out and say they changed the report so that it would not show the CIA warned them.

Could you at least explain in your post what the "agency" warned them ABOUT?

Did they warn them of an impending attack?

Or warn them of a Facebook page calling for DEMONSTRATIONS?

Ooooooo boy, I don't know what conservatives are going to do when Hillary gets elected.....I should buy stock in the pharma industry NOW!

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

It already has. Except for those few that insist there is no BirthCertificate/HeIsMuslim/HeisSatan/HeisCommunist/and Hillary can't win!
edit on 16-5-2013 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

They have already admitted that there were no demonstrations that resulted in this attack.
You might want to read up on the recent news and testimonies to catch up on recent developments.

This has not nearly ended.
Congress is all over this, due to the recent testimonies, and there will be more hearings.
Even MMS that have always supported Obama are realizing that there is more behind this situation, and are finally questioning.

Your last sentence - is the common reply of people who have no other way to argue against legitimate criticisms of the administration.
I have never supported those lame accusations you mention.
I voted for Obama the first time, with his message of hope.
Things did not go well the first 4 years, and I grew to mistrust him and everyone covering for him.
So, the second time I did not make the same mistake.

edit on 5/16/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/13 by BlueAjah because: grammar

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

They have already admitted that there were no demonstrations that resulted in this attack. You might want to read up on the recent news and testimonies to catch up on recent developments.

You may want to read the aforementioned e-mails. Instead of waiting for people to interpret for you, read them yourself.

The warning received was one of DEMONSTRATIONS, not of IMPENDING ATTACK.

This is nothing more than a typical D.C. witch hunt. The American people want and deserve JOBS, not this political b.s.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The emails are the "legal" paper trail. what about their phone records or text messages, those too should be made public record and possible hold more information than these emails would. one would think.

Kissinger: The illegal we do immediately; unconstitutional takes longer

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Then see page 94 - they come right out and say they changed the report so that it would not show the CIA warned them. "

Why should they? The warnings don't explain what happened -- they also distract from the issue. This wasn't like "Bin Laden determined to attack" -- this was Benghazi. Libya. We just invaded the dang country and supported rebel fighters with weapons -- how were we NOT going to get a thousand death threats?

Do some of you people never thing of context? Politicians massaging a story to the public so that it isn't awful... that's a conspiracy?

The point is, they didn't HIDE this information from the Republicans -- it was just removed from the CIA memo to the public. Do I want more transparency in government, yes. But this is not a conspiracy.

Bush had hundreds of these attacks on consulates -- did we hear about all of them? No. Do you think they got a lot of threats? Yes.

What do you people expect when our military is blowing stuff up all over the world? What possible advantage would there be for Obama to ignore it or allow it? Do people NOT KNOW, we already spend a lot of money on this crap and we cannot barricade all our consulates?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

They have already admitted that there were no demonstrations that resulted in this attack. You might want to read up on the recent news and testimonies to catch up on recent developments.

You may want to read the aforementioned e-mails. Instead of waiting for people to interpret for you, read them yourself.

This is nothing more than a typical D.C. witch hunt. The American people want and deserve JOBS, not this political b.s.

I think we are asking for TOO MUCH here --- these people want to hate Obama or distrust government, and any evidence will do.

I do NOT trust government -- but it still functions on occasion. Even if it was warnings of impending attack -- this is in a WAR ZONE. It's not down town Pittsburg.

Republicans want all communications so that they can play back muffled conversations; "Do you have the package?" "Sure, it's on the Pony..." And then have a hearing trying to subpoena who made the conversation, and get them to testify what the package might or might not be. "Sir, was the package a nuclear weapon, was it? Answer the question!" And anyone not outraged over "the package" will of course not care about nuclear weapons being carried on ponies -- or whatever.

This Benghazi thing really is bringing out the ID10T fan club.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I did read the emails.
I read them before the first post, which is why I posted.

The admissions that it was not a demonstration were since the dates of these emails.

They never specified what the warnings were in the emails.
What is concerning is that they said they were trying not to talk about the warnings.
If the warnings were about a demonstration, what would they have to hide?

Trying to divert attention to jobs instead of the lies told to us by the administration do not make the lies go away, or do anything to restore faith.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

White House releases Benghazi e-mails

This is Obama throwing Hillary and the State Dept under the bus.
He's in for a surprise. She's a much better game player than he could ever be.
She's going to nail him to the floor. BETCHYA.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

I think we are asking for TOO MUCH here --- these people want to hate Obama or distrust government, and any evidence will do.

I do NOT trust government -- but it still functions on occasion. Even if it was warnings of impending attack -- this is in a WAR ZONE. It's not down town Pittsburg.

Republicans want all communications so that they can play back muffled conversations; "Do you have the package?" "Sure, it's on the Pony..." And then have a hearing trying to subpoena who made the conversation, and get them to testify what the package might or might not be. "Sir, was the package a nuclear weapon, was it? Answer the question!" And anyone not outraged over "the package" will of course not care about nuclear weapons being carried on ponies -- or whatever.

This Benghazi thing really is bringing out the ID10T fan club.

Actually, I think the Benghazi thing is bringing out the Obama fan club, who will continue to listen to anything he says, and accept his lies.

I guess you missed the part where I said I VOTED for Obama. I used to believe in him. But I will not just stick my head in the sand and naively believe every lie, just because he is who he is. I had hope, but I see what has been going on in the last years, and I don't like it, and my hopes are dashed.

I have faith that our government can work - if the right people are in charge. If you want to just accept the lies and watch our constitutional rights disappear... then that is your right.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Stupidity????
Not going to the aid of fellow Americans is treason...not stupidity. White House lieing to the American people is treason.
This administration has a track record of lieing, deception and tearing this country apart.
If you supported them, then you too are a part of the problem...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's sad that the gvt has to filter out anything. Just tell it how it is! Are they really concerned that American's are going to have a knee-jerk reaction if the State Department released information stating that they believed it was an al qaeda linked group from the start?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
these are very interesting

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
you wanna know why Hillary didnt testify, cause she had "medical problems", LOL

in legit and true words, they needed her out of the picture to try to pull this off somehow, but they still failed, rofl

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You do realize that according to the emails...the very FIRST DRAFT of the talking points CREATED by the CIA...not the PRESIDENT or STATE...

We believe based on currently available information that the attacks in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo

www.cnn.com...

So the whole premise that the Whitehouse looked to pin it on protests fails on page one of the emails.

It was in the original doc and originated by the CIA.

If you really want your head to explode...I can point out where both Rice and the President confirmed "extremists" and "terrorists" respectively in thier immediate public remarks regarding Behngazi.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Who cares... its over.
Does anyone... ANYONE??? actually think anything can be done about any of this now? Does anyone think the government will actually give of this power back?
But hey... let's just keep bitching about it here on ATS and make ourselves feel better.
Like we're making some kind of difference.

This is exactly the attitude the MSM and the #e House have dreamed of for the past 5 years!

Obviously, you "care" enough to try to squelch whatever perverse lack of amition and lack of disgust roll arounf in your "I can't do it" mindset.

You "care" enough to add silly icons to your post, as a sort of self-indicting exclamation point to the blathering.

There are still enough Americans and ATS members who value life and a responsible government enough to speak ourt AND take action that your apathy doesn't really matter.

Get back in line, and wait for someone to tewll you what to do nect and what to think.

jw

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Gotta love the hardcore diehards in this thread who keep insisting (and from Day One of this scandal I might add) we just "forget" about it, or "who cares?" or "What can be done about it?"

Are you people serious? Pull your collective heads out of the sand! There is a time for political bi-partsianship and this is NOT it. People died! More people died in Benghazi than in Boston.
Yet, I'm consistently seeing "Who Cares?" "What does it matter?" "Forget about it". Are you people so callous as to say the same thing about the Boston Bombings? I think not!

Therefor, logically, these people are towing the party line and practicing bi-partsianship because they're democrat or Obama supporters. Stop already! Benghazi is about RIGHT and WRONG - not Democrats and Republicans.

It's about WHO knew WHAT - WHEN they knew it - and WHY nothing was done. It's that simple.
Now we know the WHO, WHAT, and WHEN - and we should *ALL* be trying to understand the WHY.

Furthermore - although this is offtopic - we should be asking the same questions about the AP Scandal. What intrigues me so much about this is IF what Eric Holder says is true and the AP's source was a government leak - why did the DOJ subpoena the AP? They should have began an IG / Internal Affairs investigation into whatever Governmental Department has domain over the information leaked. Trust me (I work for the Federal Government in Information Assurance / Cybersecurity) the Federal Government keeps logs of everything. Phone calls, emails, network access - everything. If DOJ wanted to find that leak, they could have - THEY OWN ALL OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE. No warrant or subpoena required.

So why?

That's the question, for both scandals.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Well,..

Hillary is officially toast for 2016.

I hope you are right but something tells me Bill Maher might be correct about Hillary, how she only gets stronger after surviving scandals.

Something tells me she has something up her sleeves and will find a way to lay the blame for this, along with the other scandals, on Obama.
Remember what Obama said, "She works for me"
Well "She" will find a way to use his own words against him.

So at this point, what difference does it make?? (Pun intended)

If she was negligent because of her incompetence or negligent because Obama ordered it, she was still negligent!

And four Americans died, and she's been proven now to have lied to Congress twice over this.

She won't even make it to the general election as the Democrat nominee, candidates from her own party will destroy her on this in their primaries.
edit on 16-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well,.. Hillary is officially toast for 2016.

Willing to make a small wager on that comment?

Sure, but honestly, most likely you won't even be around in November 2016.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Are you people serious? Pull your collective heads out of the sand! There is a time for political bi-partsianship and this is NOT it. People died! More people died in Benghazi than in Boston.
Yet, I'm consistently seeing "Who Cares?" "What does it matter?" "Forget about it". Are you people so callous as to say the same thing about the Boston Bombings? I think not!

That's because the American people had little tolerance for the GOPs BS about Boston, despite thier best efforts to exploit it into an Obama hate moment. In Boston folks actually wanted to hunt down and find the the folks responsible.

With Behngazi...9 hearings by 9 different departments...all trying to pin the attack on the PRESIDENT and Hillary get's runner up status if they can't make that BS stick.

Eff...the GOP don't even consider this a terrorist attack anymore...just a political opportunity...

Debating whether the CIA was right or not in suggesting...yes, just suggesting...just a few days into the investigation....with "we don't know yet" splattered all over the statement..that there was an angry crowd before the militants attacked....when there were already violent protests across the middle east.. EFF! THAT is what needs to be investigated??? Whether they got talking points right???

Disgusting from the word go...YES..people died and after 9 seperate Reviews/Investigations/Hearings in a period of months...The GOP are arguing about who edited what in effing talking points??...BTW they were completly effing wrong about state claiming riots...page one of emails is the CIA claiming it...All this BS rather than hunting down those responsible...that is the tragedy.

THAT is the difference between Boston and Behngazi...in Boston..Americans felt closer to it and recognized political BS and refused to let the GOP exploit it.

Behngazi so far

Federal Bureau of Investigation (opened September 2012 - ongoing),
Five Separate House Committees (Armed Services, Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, Judiciary, and Oversight and Government Reform) initiated their own inquiries (opened October 2012 - ongoing)
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (October 2012 - report delivered December 31, 2012)
State Department Accountability Review Board (opened October 4, 2012 - report delivered December 20, 2012) House Select Committee on the Terrorist Attack in Benghazi (proposed, in HR 36)
edit on 16-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveinats
Stupidity????
Not going to the aid of fellow Americans is treason...not stupidity. White House lieing to the American people is treason.

And you just lied to the American people...That there is fact.

There is ZERO evidence that hasn't been debunked that anyone withheld aid from the Benghazi consulate.

There is ZERO evidence that anyone lied about Benghazi.

The CIA in email #1 said they thought it started as riots...they also said Miltants joined in.

Rice said the same thing...after begining and eneding her statement with "We don't know for sure yet...we will know for sure when the investigation is complete"

So how was any of that a lie? Cuz the CIA didn't have all the facts 3 days after the attack?

Just crazy BS driven by partisan, idealogical rage.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

3 days??

On the 26th of November Obama was still trying to sell the YouTube video narrative.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join