It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House releases Benghazi e-mails

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Some of the emails related to the attack in Benghazi that resulted in the death of Americans have been released.
www.cnn.com...
thelead.blogs.cnn.com...

This whole situation is very concerning.
As suspected, the emails support the theories that there was a major coverup by the State Department and others.
Obama and Rice, as well as Hillary Clinton, knew from the beginning that the attacks were a planned terrorist attack.

These emails show how they changed the story, and watered things down.

On page 37:
www.cnn.com...
"...and the penultimate point could be abused by Members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings so why do we want to feed that either? Concerned...."
So right here, they say the "agency" warned them.
Then see page 94 - they come right out and say they changed the report so that it would not show the CIA warned them.

The above is enough - they intentionally covered up the truth so that they would not be held responsible for ignoring warnings, and for not sending more security in advance, or having a defense ready to send during the attack.

And they all saw this going back and forth through the emails:
"I've been very careful not to say we issued a warning."

On page 67 they entirely changed the wording to say they did not have any intelligence that the attack was planned. And this was after they said over and over that they had warnings, but were trying to be careful not to say that.
In this email, September 15, there is no mention of a video, but they say there are indications it was alQaida.
Yet, they quickly change it to say the attack was spontaneous from a video.

This whole thing shows how much they changed the report from the first versions.
The final version is nothing like the first version.
They removed mention of terrorists, and alQaida, and warnings.

And that White House spokesman soooo obviously lied when he said they just changed the word "Consulate".
See page 57. "The State Department had major reservations with much or most of the document. We revised the document with their concerns in mind."
Then on page 63 they chopped out entire paragraphs.

Obama, Rice, and Clinton lied.
They lied to the American people and to Congress.
They repeatedly said they had no idea that it was a planned terrorist attack.
The emails show they knew right from the beginning, and intentionally covered it up.

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

So why read the emails?

Everyone already knows what happened.

People died because of Stupidity. AND, it has been completely LIED About from the beginning.

Everyone in the position to have made decisions is doing EVERYTHING they can to cover their @$$es.

Hillary should be taken out behind the barn and shot like and 'Ol Rabid Dog.
She has still not really testified for her part. Every time she has been due to do so she has fallen and had head injuries and whatever the hell else. She knows she let down those who were killed. Now she is trying to cover herself.

It is a terrible tragedy and people died needlessly.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Well, the point of the emails is that it is more evidence of the lies.
They still keep sticking to their story and denying the truth.

Yes, it was a tragedy.
They need to prevent more tragedies like this.
That can only be done if they find out what went wrong here, and try not to let it happen again.
As of now, I don't feel confidant that those in control have the integrity or common sense needed to keep America safe.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting...Now, who was the racist, whistleblower who released the emails; IRS wants to talk to them..... OK sorry could not pass it up,
edit on 15-5-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

OR to prevent this sort of tragedy again.

I agree completely. AND, I don't think we are the only ones who have lost confidence in OUR Government.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Republicans on the house committee will not be the ones who will demand and exact justice for this. If we want true justice then it will have to be insisted upon by the American people. Congress will not do it alone.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know one thing for sure. Future tragedies won't be prevented if the same people remain at the helm.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So, .. .. . you are suggesting that if the American Public would just grow a "PAIR" we could Circumvent this Damn Greek Tragedy we know as AMERICA?

Did I get that right .. .. ?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow.... Just... wow.

I read about 75% of it and skimmed between and around the rest. Not THAT much, given how much was eluded to in the redacted paragraphs. That's a lot of what I'd like to see. It's Unclassified, it says all over the Emails...So release it all or keep it, on one hand. On the other... WOW.

The wheels on the bus are going bump bump for people being thrown out windows. Not good. I can't ever recall a release like this and that does go back to Reagan for personal memory. Largely self educated on them before that, but I don't recall any before releasing like this, either. The media is in full feeding frenzy and that was the chum into the water, is my take. Not a good thing at all.

(These are the times nations can do stupid things, IMO)
edit on 15-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor correction

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Helious

So, .. .. . you are suggesting that if the American Public would just grow a "PAIR" we could Circumvent this Damn Greek Tragedy we know as AMERICA?

Did I get that right .. .. ?

I'm suggesting that public opinion and outrage is worth about 20x the amount of congressional dissent an oversight committee can offer.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A"....bid to quell critics..." as CNN notes it in the sub title? Hah, more like it's going to backfire. There it is in writing for the doubtful. Sure there's not a ton of information. However, it's enough to verify that there is negligence.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well,..

Hillary is officially toast for 2016.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A concerning thing about this - it is highly likely that these are not nearly all of the emails.
They surely only released emails that they specially selected because they believed they would not make them look too bad.
And yet, these emails already show the deception.
Consider what is likely in the emails the public will never see!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Who cares... its over. We're already done and nobody cares. I mean truely cares. Sure a handfull of people discuss it on forums like these, and sure there may be a polititian that speaks against it. But the military keeps getting stronger, the polittians keep taking away our "rights", the police keep abusing theis authority, big brother snooping keeps spreading, and the wars (for whose benefit?) keep spreading throughout the world with absolutely no end in sight.

Does anyone... ANYONE??? actually think anything can be done about any of this now? Does anyone think the government will actually give of this power back? Maybe if we just vote Republican next time? But wait... the democrat was going to change all of this... remember?!?

But hey... let's just keep bitching about it here on ATS and make ourselves feel better.

Like we're making some kind of difference.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Are you kidding? Have you opened Drudge for a quick scan of overall headlines from MSM lately? It's not over. It's just barely begun. You may have missed last Wednesday's rather incredible testimony before Congress?

I know things have the perception of compression for time right now. It's an interesting thing I see all over for how what happened more and more recently seems to be treated as history further back. Still, this whole story restarted just a week ago. That's fast to the near silly for a 'reset' in time. The overrun of a US Facility and murder of a full rank Ambassador happened less than a year ago. Nothing is over. Not even close, IMO. The show has only begun.

* You also appear to have just spam posted that same message to 3 other forums..word for word in as many minutes. Just down on ATS lately or something specific to this topic?

edit on 15-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree with your point.
I guess I am curious as to why there has Not been enough Outrage to make an impact then.

This has been ALL Black and White from the beginning and everyone knows it.
It just seems like the masses are willing to accept it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Well,..

Hillary is officially toast for 2016.

I hope you are right but something tells me Bill Maher might be correct about Hillary, how she only gets stronger after surviving scandals.

Something tells me she has something up her sleeves and will find a way to lay the blame for this, along with the other scandals, on Obama.
Remember what Obama said, "She works for me"
Well "She" will find a way to use his own words against him.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I agree with that completely.

Hillary is Pretty Damn Powerful. At times I wonder if She was the one wearing the pants when Bill was running the show. She also comes from a HUGE Pile of money, which most probably has some influence on that.

Unfortunately, she already has the momentum she needs. I think that if the Republican Or the Independent Parties don't get their **** in gear we are going to have One Hell of a Mess on our Hands.

The parties are going to be fighting against a Former First Lady who's husband just happens to have a 69% approval rating as reported by a Gallop Pole last September, and a Woman.

The second one is pretty damn important. Why? because there are ALLOT of women who would vote her just because she is a woman,

I also believe as with this BenghaziGate ANY Publicity is Good Publicity. So you are right she will gain momentum from this.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

FYI I read the e-mails,

So right here, they say the "agency" warned them. Then see page 94 - they come right out and say they changed the report so that it would not show the CIA warned them.

Could you at least explain in your post what the "agency" warned them ABOUT?

Did they warn them of an impending attack?

Or warn them of a Facebook page calling for DEMONSTRATIONS?

Ooooooo boy, I don't know what conservatives are going to do when Hillary gets elected.....I should buy stock in the pharma industry NOW!

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

It already has. Except for those few that insist there is no BirthCertificate/HeIsMuslim/HeisSatan/HeisCommunist/and Hillary can't win!
edit on 16-5-2013 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well,.. Hillary is officially toast for 2016.

Willing to make a small wager on that comment?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join