It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Break Down Door and Taze Person Filming in Amerika California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

(does anyone get that this post is about protecting your rights with hidden cameras and do NOT tell police you are taping them or use your cell phone!)

ok but when your post is titled "OMFG! Cops Break Down Door and Taze Person Filming in Amerika California" its easy to see why people may center on the action of the police and not about why people should hide their cameras. i would be willing to bet, and this is of course pure speculation, if the "victims" somehow hid a camera on them and went outside to talk to the cops then that footage would not of included someone being tased. I do fully agree with you that more people should record law enforcement, i mean we as civilians are always under surveillance. we cant count on the police to police themselves so the best way we can police them is to show them when they abuse power and demand action. and yes do it as privately as possible. no need to give them a reason to come after the witness

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They were responding to a domestic, it is their duty to make sure everyone is ok, especially children.

I see nothing here but a gobby bloke who got what he deserved.

There is a lot of these "police brutality" videos surfacing lately, and the cameraman/associates seem to be going out of their way to provoke the police to get that latest youtube "police brutality" hit.

The police aren't at fault here, it's the idiots trying to prove something on edited video that is nothing more than just a new craze.

Question: What if they attended a report of a domestic, left when the guy asked and a couple of days later the wife or kids dead bodies are being brought out in bags...or if they are seriously injured?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this. The officers clearly announced their reason for being there. If you are "the man" of the house and there are questions of domestic violence in the house, man up, and go outside.

If you have kids, you must realize the abuse of power the state can wield upon you if you give them an excuse. If you cooperate with officers, you lessen the chance they'll give false testimony.

If you and your wife are both innocent, then you will answer their questions with very brief limited answers. Do not tell stories. Do not express emotions. If the officer's become accusatory, SHUT UP, and tell them you won't speak to them about legal questions with out an attorney at law who can explain the questions to you.

edit on 5/14/2013 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this. The officers clearly announced their reason for being there. If you are "the man" of the house and there are questions of domestic violence in the house, man up, and go outside.

If you have kids, you must realize the abuse of power the state can wield upon you if you give them an excuse. If you cooperate with officers, you lessen the chance they'll give false testimony.

If you and your wife are both innocent, then you will answer their questions with very brief limited answers. Do not tell stories. Do not express emotions. If the officer's become accusatory, SHUT UP, and tell them you won't speak to them about legal questions with out an attorney at law who can explain the questions to you.

Sure...No reason to be afraid if you have nothing to hide. Where have I heard this before?

Oh right...the entire justification for turning the Nation into a surveillance State.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by jude11

Nice way of to spin something you don't know the backstory to

And as we don't know the backstory to this, we can't judge anything from it, but the video is still there, so i guess the police don't mind it being there, as they just did their job.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Who's doing the spinning here?

My post is a general fact and did not refer to this specific incident. But you prefer to spin my words to support this incident.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Sure...No reason to be afraid if you have nothing to hide. Where have I heard this before?

Oh right...the entire justification for turning the Nation into a surveillance State.

Peace

I am curious, how would you handle a domestic dispute or violence call as a policeman? In the case of being called someone fearing for the children in the home?

There could have been someone else in the home, maybe the wife and kid are in the back room bleeding and beaten and this woman is not the wife? How do you figure out what to do and what has happened if you just leave?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Peace

I am curious, how would you handle a domestic dispute or violence call as a policeman? In the case of being called someone fearing for the children in the home?

There could have been someone else in the home, maybe the wife and kid are in the back room bleeding and beaten and this woman is not the wife? How do you figure out what to do and what has happened if you just leave?

Not my point at all.

Please read my original post. Police are becoming more and more corrupt and their violence is escalating.

It's too easy for them to plant evidence, tell lies and create false reasons for entry to a private household. It's been done and well documented too many times and increasing in frequency.

It used to be a nice, polite and safe World that you want to live in. No more tho.

We not only have to protect ourselves from the criminals but the police as well.

Sad, but true.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ROFL so what purpose would it serve for this guy to step out on his porch to tell them there is no domestic issue, when he just told them through the window not once but multiple times that there is no domestic violence going on. So since you won't open your door and tell them the same thing the cops believe you must automatically be guilty of something. The thing here is you have no rights you never did they can just flip any old way they want to serve their cause. This is like a bunch of hoods holding baseball bats in their hands at the same time saying come outside we want to talk to you. We promise not to bash your skull in.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by jude11

Nice way of to spin something you don't know the backstory to

And as we don't know the backstory to this, we can't judge anything from it, but the video is still there, so i guess the police don't mind it being there, as they just did their job.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Who's doing the spinning here?

My post is a general fact and did not refer to this specific incident. But you prefer to spin my words to support this incident.

Peace
But you posted your "general fact" on this topic, so you use this video/topic to support your "general fact", and as this video dosn't show the full story, your assumption of this being "proof" together with the handfull of other videos like this, that actually just show how stupid people react to cops in stead of just get it over with by talking to them.

We have seen this so many times now that it's allmost to embarrasing to watch, people is trying to spin something by only showing some of the story or acting stupid in front of cops armed with a video camera and their claim of rights, and then guys like you and Op, trying to support it with made up comments, and make the cops look like the bad guys.

There is no general fact of US citizens living in a police state, there are isolated cases of people acting stupid like this or in rare cases police actually abusing their authority, but most of the time the cops are just doing their job which isn't exactly a walk in the park.

The cops are dealing with thousends of cases like this, and know that if they hesitate one second, they might end up dead, sometimes the rights have to be overruled to calm people down.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Peace

Not my point at all.

Please read my original post. Police are becoming more and more corrupt and their violence is escalating.

It's too easy for them to plant evidence, tell lies and create false reasons for entry to a private household. It's been done and well documented too many times and increasing in frequency.

It used to be a nice, polite and safe World that you want to live in. No more tho.

We not only have to protect ourselves from the criminals but the police as well.

Sad, but true.

Peace

I do understand what you are saying and I know there are many abuses and growing. I also see your point, yes would be an easy set up IF you were a target for them for some reason. I am very with you on this. The Boston acceptance of the invasions and the way they were carried out actually made me cry.

But in the case of the OP what would you think should be done by the police?
I can't really think of a safe option if the person will not opening the door and there was a legit call and children in the home.
The not opening the door may lead you to think the kids have been harmed? The two people with the camera seemed hyper and hostile and just weird to me. If they would have talked calmly I may have thought everything inside was alright. I would still have wanted to see the children.

Personally I am pretty convinced they started a really loud yelling match so that the neighbors would call the police so they could film...but that is neither here not there.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Peace

Not my point at all.

Sad, but true.

Peace

I do understand what you are saying and I know there are many abuses and growing. I also see your point, yes would be an easy set up IF you were a target for them for some reason. I am very with you on this. The Boston acceptance of the invasions and the way they were carried out actually made me cry.

I can't really think of a safe option if the person will not opening the door and there was a legit call and children in the home.
The not opening the door may lead you to think the kids have been harmed? The two people with the camera seemed hyper and hostile and just weird to me. If they would have talked calmly I may have thought everything inside was alright. I would still have wanted to see the children.

Personally I am pretty convinced they started a really loud yelling match so that the neighbors would call the police so they could film...but that is neither here not there.

Let's just say a pissed off neighbor because of an un-mowed lawn, garbage in the yard, kids too loud, pot smell, long hair, not welcoming the neighborhood Kool-Aid stand, tree over my fence, "I JUST DON'T LIKE THEM!"...

Take your pick.

Too easy to report anyone these days. Just say "DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE" and the cops roll up with every right to knock the door down.

I truly hope people are getting this.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Peace

Not my point at all.

Sad, but true.

Peace

What was the probable cause though ?

The police must have a reason to go into someones house, they can make anything up otherwise.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully

I assumed a domestic disturbance (loud noises of violent fight) was probable cause.

In my case i can only say they saved a life and I am glad they came.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

OK details are all not there.. My point is THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE AND ALL THE TIME. COPS ARE USING UNNECESSARY FORCE IN PEOPLES HOMES AND BREAKING THE CONSTITUTION.

My point is about the cameras!!!!!! The topic here is the CAMERAS.. and the guy yelling that he is "taping the cops" Cops are brutal pigs in SOME cases.. but they are getting really bold lately? do you remember cops treating civilians like this and police brutality happening 20 years ago? 30? guess not...

People.. I have NOT been confronted by cops (no reason to) I avoid them and don't break the law....WHEN you are in an area where cops are present.... THINK ABOUT WEARING OR HIDING A HIDDEN CAMERA FOR YOUR PROTECTION..

These people should have talked to the officers.. yet worn hidden camera

(does anyone get that this post is about protecting your rights with hidden cameras and do NOT tell police you are taping them or use your cell phone!)

Unless you know what is happening in each instance where they are entering a residence or place of business by way of force, then you dont really have any clue if the force was or was not necessary, or if there was a valid (or invalid) reason for entering the home in the first place.

Before you get your panties in a wad about this, get the information about what is going on. People yap on and on about the media being wrong about stories because they are in too much of a race to get the information out there first, yet people such as yourself are doing an even bigger jump to conclusions with LESS information in cases like this.

Do I remember unnecessary force being used by police 20-30 years ago? Sure I do. Wasnt as widely publicized due to the vastly different media landscape back then, but it absolutely happened at times. Before you answer your own question, you should be prepared for answers from others that you may not care for.

My last interaction with a police officer came a while back when a middle aged man that lived across the street walked into his backyard with a shotgun, shoved it in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. Not knowing what was going on at the time, I strolled across to where an officer was talking to a person in the side yard of the house and I went to ask him a question. This officer was short tempered and rude to me and told me to get back across the street. I tried to tell him what the question was that I had (asking if there was anything for neighbors to worry about, since we didnt know the details at the time), but he cut me off and just told me to go back across the street. I hopped on my computer later and filed a complaint about his interaction with me and said that I thought my concern was valid and he should not have been so rude. I received a phone call the next day from this officer's supervisor, offering an apology for how I was dealt with. He said that the officer should have been nicer and should have let me ask my question, and that he would be talking with that officer and the rest of the officers on his watch, letting them know that even when they are frustrated, they need to be sure to maintain their composure and deal with all situations appropriately. His supervisor also explained to me that in a situation like this where there might have been a danger to any residents nearby, they would have gone door-to-door and/or placed phone calls to those neighbors, letting them know about the danger.

That person the officer was dealing with in the side yard? Yeah, that was the wife of the man that blew his head off. The officer was comforting her and trying to get more details about what could have caused him to do this. I did not know this at the time, and I only learned this detail after the fact.

The point of saying this? Two points - cops get frustrated just like the rest of us, and details can about a situation can make a world of difference in the perception of the situation. That cop was not being rude to me just to be rude to me. He was frazzled himself, and he was doing his duty to keep non-involved people away from a person who was completely devastated about what had happened a short bit before. I hold no grudge against that cop, and I appreciate what he was trying to do for this new widow.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Let's just say a pissed off neighbor because of an un-mowed lawn, garbage in the yard, kids too loud, pot smell, long hair, not welcoming the neighborhood Kool-Aid stand, tree over my fence, "I JUST DON'T LIKE THEM!"...

Take your pick.

Too easy to report anyone these days. Just say "DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE" and the cops roll up with every right to knock the door down.

I truly hope people are getting this.

I hear you Jude. That is a real concern, and I'm sure it happens more frequently than most realize. On the flip side as WoogleUK pointed out what if the two at the door had just beaten the crap out of one of their kids, or some other party? What if the angry fellow had a gun trained on his wife or threatened to kill her if she didn't ask the cops to leave?

I really think the most appropriate thing would have been for the people involved to go outside and chat with the police. "Well we were having a rather heated debate, but at no time was there any domestic violence." If the stories match up, the cops leave, no one gets a broken door, no one goes to jail and no one gets tazed (the tazer seemed premature, but I wasn't there and would want to see the whole thing from the cops perspective as well).

I'm not sure what the laws are in this sort of instance so I can't definitively say what the cops did was legal, only that from my personal view I believe in this situation (with the limited evidence) that the police were acting in good faith and trying to properly respond to the call. It's a different situation than a neighbor filing a report that they think you're growing pot or dealing drugs.

I'm curious what you think the appropriate action would have been. You and I never seem to see eye to eye on these things, but I do respect your opinion. The scenarion I'm seeing from the video is that the police responded to a call about domestic violence. Upon arrival they were told everything was fine. They insisted they be able to talk to all parties involved (most likely separately so a possible victim would feel safer and to make sure the stories were the same) and were told no. So at that point, with children in the house, the admission from a male involved that they had been arguing/yelling and the refusal to cooperate in the slightest, what would you think appropriate? Would you want the police to leave? If so and someone was indeed being beaten, killed should the police be responsible? I'm sure you'll have an interesting take on the thing (I'm not trying to come across as a smart ass, I'm sure you will).

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What about the tried and true axiom used against the American public: If you are not doing anything wrong, what do you have to hide? Why fear the camera?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No before or after video.

Thanks but no thanks. This video is obviously out of context. Hear the man saying there was "no domestic abuse here". Someone obviously called in a complaint about people fighting.

A number of way's this could of went down being there is no BEFORE OR AFTER video.

"Plain View. If a police officer already has the right to be on your property and sees contraband or evidence of a crime that is clearly visible, that object may be lawfully seized and used as evidence. For example, if the police are in your house on a domestic violence call and see marijuana plants on the windowsill, the plants can be seized as evidence"

"Exigent Circumstances. This exception refers to emergency situations where the process of getting a valid search warrant could compromise public safety or could lead to a loss of evidence. This encompasses instances of "hot pursuit" in which a suspect is about to escape. A recent California Supreme Court decision ruled that police may enter a DUI suspect's home without a warrant on the basis of the theory that important evidence, namely the suspect's blood alcohol level, may be lost otherwise. "

Again, The man filming and the woman both say "no domestic abuse here". Those cops showed up for a domestic abuse or domestic violence call. What these cops did in my eyes was the right thing and I need no BEFORE OR AFTER video to claim that.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i have no problem if in doing their job, that is responding to a domestic disturbance, or some other call. and they come to find a guy, hold up and ranting about his rights, as a way to prevent from going to jail. them coming in and sucureing the people and house.

you just can't commit crime and say you don't have a right to come into my house. if that is indeed what was going on.

now that being said, if they were outside beating someone or doing any other illegal activity, and some one is filming them from the confines of their own home.

i would say that's is illegal, but from what i saw and heard from that video, there was a called made for that adress and they responded, it is there job to check it out.

now lets just say that, they didn't come in, respecting the wishes of the guy with the camera. and two hours later they get called back because he killed his wife and kids.

what would you be saying then?
edit on 14-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Oh Plaleese, yes rabid Femicides Nazi here, yea that's what they like to call us women who don't worship the NecroPhallic PATRIARCHY

TRUTH TIME

Come on, this is Absurdistan, we don't care about women getting smacked around, why it's kinky don't ya Know, and a Man is KING GOD of his whittle castle, so shut up and SUBMIT! Seriously,,

Think I'm crazy, how bout some facts. Even if ole cracker joe is tased and arrested for pissing off a cop (most Cops are wife beaters, just listen to their wives fighting to stay alive) the courts will have her ass gagged in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY in PEDO LOVING CALIFORNIA

Want STATS, Safe Child International, handles these cases all the time. CA is deplorable, hey they even have judges who hand kids to extreme ABUSERS even after Wife BEGS them to NOT

And what ya Know, ole pissed off ex does the AX job on the child in front of another child. Nothing to see here folks, just another day in our lovely family courts! this is EPIDEMIC IN this nation btw, just got word today, court hearing tomorrow, woman fighting to keep Rapist from having Custody, oh yea honey, all in this so called Equality land, ha ha ha...at least one case a week, and that one is not as horrid as most coming through our channels...

Point being, this society doesn't give a # about women, or children...neither do Cops. But hey hey, makes a great way to make $$$$$ extorting off our asses and extort more for programs that Pathologize victims, (tax dollar paid)

And makes society feel all warm and gooey inside, meanwhile, of course, calling the girls ganged raped in schools by the sons of these men/culture

Sluts.

So, forget the whole hero cops saving when thing, seriously, it's just another form of pimping....Cops tased this man because man said no you aren't coming in,

Oh, back talk Authhroitah, god almighty in blue, can't do that, zzzziiiing, zzzzziiiiing

But it Dang sure, done have nada to with Caring about Women and DV! Ha, that's, Hilarious!

Besides, that's what psychotropics are for, take those rapes, child rapes, and beatings with a SMILE on your face, be a good girl,

Dog, woof woof,

It's Empowering, the Fun Feminism, and just pop a few anti depressants! That's the American Way! Meanwhile

Cops, kings of castle, at war, looks as if the battle zone is over mans home turf now....women are just the Tokens to get in the door, nothing more. (and Remeber, Society gave this their Approval, both right and left wing)

edit on 14-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typos

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
COPS needs its own forum here...

I swear this is getting out of hand. I am betting that this was a domestic disturbance call but at what point do the laws for many out weigh the needs and freedoms of the one.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
COPS needs its own forum here...

I swear this is getting out of hand. I am betting that this was a domestic disturbance call but at what point do the laws for many out weigh the needs and freedoms of the one.

Someone in the house could have been dead... If it was reported that Alcohol was a factor then this is well within legal limits for what these cops did. Like I said.

No before and after video......

With gun laws the way they are now, the cops also know who owns what if you register them. That's my only thought as to why so many cops would show up to a domestic abuse call.
edit on 15-5-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join