It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spat At In London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Spitting is aggravated assault which can be met with force...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
anybody spits at you, i would recommend immediate physical response with extreme prejudice.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

so if had something in my throat

and spat it out...and you happened to be walking past...

if it hit you...would you stab my brain with my nose bone, than tear my knee ligaments

bro...this is london...aint no kung fooey here dude...youd get chinned and ko`d as soon as you made eye contact

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

This is happening more and more in Europe I'm afraid. Even in my country, Norway, it's becoming an issue. Even the police have become targets.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I was referring to his situation. I make eye contact with everyone, if there are more than two of you, I'd likely draw on you and let God decide. I am not trained in Kung-Fu. I am trained in a very specific manner. I am trained to get back to my tools or maim. I am not trained to " fight it out ". Nor would I want too.

Even black belts lose in streets fights. If you've noticed, the things I mentioned aren't about fighting you, but about maiming.

If I had to stand toe to toe, then it's up for grabs, that's why we are trained generally to avoid fighting, but to maim or get back to your weapon.

edit on 13-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Next time that happens, use your fist to hit him in the sternum as if you were going to rip it out of his back. Only do this if you feel threatened, though. Don't do it out of malice. You could kill him doing that, though, rare.

Also do a downward kick on his knee, will tear ligaments and destroy the knee. Sometimes it's best to end a fight before it begins.

In this case, the moment he leaned in would earned him a lot of pain. Especially if he spit, which is aggravated assault.
edit on 13-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Problem is the person acting in self defense often is the one that gets arrested here in the UK. These police don't care what you say.

We aren't even allowed to carry knifes, tasers or any form of defense. Self defense is a crime here lol.

Live in London long enough and you come across all sorts of crazy people,(especially south london) you quickly learn that's it's best to stay street wise, always be aware of your surroundings, that way you avoid any trouble before it starts.
edit on 13-5-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ewugh the thought of aids ridden spit.

nasty, just nasty.

If you intentionally spit on someone, you deserve whatever comes your way.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
as someone who was brought up in the north west of England...someone mentioned Salford earlier...so you know what I mean...getting spat at would be very low on my list.

Hell i got head butted last weekend...luckily the tool was a lousy shot..so it just glanced my brow...but you take your chances when talking to women in nightclubs in this part of the world

as for muslims...yeah most people from the states etc..have no clue to how many muslims are in the UK...its like the Mexicans in the US...you would think Pakistan had a land border...Do I care? Well yes and no...its unhealthy to have so many immigrants who stick to their own kind, often their own languages and do not integrate and it breeds suspicion and hate etc...So it's most certainly a bad idea, this mass immigration with no real thought behind its consequences...but at the same time people from cr4p countries should be given the opportunity to live in the first world...the problem is if you leave a backward third world country you should not want to or be allowed to bring that backward mentality into the first world, where your supposedly trying to escape ignorance. But as i don't really really care.... because my caring has no impact on the reality of things...The UK is just another wasted opportunity as far as im concerned...Most people want the hell out of it.

edit on 13-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Muslims are just human beings, and in some places inducted into a very tight religion from birth, the young are subject to indoctrination from an early age, if they digress and start to think for themselves, they can end up in very dire straights. So stress from a young age for some.. not all, can lead to serious mental instability...I would suggest spitting at someone in London is the act of a lunatic.It could have ended up with a knife in his guts, or worse.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Next time that happens, use your fist to hit him in the sternum as if you were going to rip it out of his back. Only do this if you feel threatened, though. Don't do it out of malice. You could kill him doing that, though, rare.

Also do a downward kick on his knee, will tear ligaments and destroy the knee. Sometimes it's best to end a fight before it begins.
No, dont do what the Above Poster says...... you will just lower yourself to his Level.

Lets say you meet a Muslim fellow in London, and that guy is Extremely Helpful and Polite to you.
Would you then State All Muslims are Extremely Helpful and Polite?

The Guy you met was a J-Off, kinda like some "responses" in this thread,

Dont let that Incident colour your View of an Entire Culture, you will be the Loser in that Exchange.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

...Quite ! Not forgetting the much more easily contracted range of Hepatitis illnesses !

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You should have busted him in the lips or cut him.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You should have kicked him in the nuts then ran....No way would he have caught you....maybe over long distances yeah, but in a sprint...na never....name a world class Muslim sprinter....and if he was wearing sandles, even better..

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Shepherds Bush is a great place, never had any trouble there, but always busy with people of all ethnicities. You probably just bumped into someone with mental health issues, which there are plenty of in London...

I was at an ATM machine one afternoon in Camberwell, taking some cash out and someone tapped me on the shoulder quite hard. I turned around quickly and facing me was a large asian (indian) man, he then shouted in my face, really loudly, "I AM NOT YOUR SISTER!!", he then stamped his foot hard on the floor and marched off down the road like a soldier shouting obscenities at people as he went.

When you have lived in London for a while you quite get used to it, but I can understand it scaring the s**t out of people who are there just for a visit. I love the mad place..........

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I bet you have had a few bad encounters with white people. Did you post those too?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's not just London, I'm afraid. Many places here in the North West are "no-go" areas if you're not muslim.

I think this guy sums up what many folk in the UK feel very eloquently:

Pat Condell. He is offended by Islam.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Shepherds Bush is a great place, never had any trouble there, but always busy with people of all ethnicities. You probably just bumped into someone with mental health issues, which there are plenty of in London...

I was at an ATM machine one afternoon in Camberwell, taking some cash out and someone tapped me on the shoulder quite hard. I turned around quickly and facing me was a large asian (indian) man, he then shouted in my face, really loudly, "I AM NOT YOUR SISTER!!", he then stamped his foot hard on the floor and marched off down the road like a soldier shouting obscenities at people as he went.

When you have lived in London for a while you quite get used to it, but I can understand it scaring the s**t out of people who are there just for a visit. I love the mad place..........

Should have shouted back -"but I am your father..!"

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just a quick comment after having read this thread.......

Firstly - Situational Awareness is key here...... I have learnt never to be unaware of what is around me..... Minimise distractions, observe who and what is around your location. From dodgy areas to lovely isolated beaches with your girlfriend - always be aware.

Secondly - Smile........ We all try to be too aggressive too quickly.......smiling kind of throughs them off guard

I've had around 4/5 serious scrapes with people out for trouble and I have only been caught out once - I broke that twerps shin bone on his right leg so he couldn't walk......:-). I trotted off easily then....

PDUK

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Hi,

I come from Spain, I'm white, and happened to live 8 years in the UK, 4 of them in Portsmouth.

One night, as I was walking home from work with two friends, we crossed two chavs, clearly on drugs, who heard us speaking Spanish. They crossed the road, called us "f###ing monkeys" and started beating us up.
A police car pulled up later on, but didn't seem interested in the incident, even though I was bleeding with my lips split.

My conclusion: racism in the UK is very much present, but not tied to the colour of the skin, but rather to low IQs, hence I hate chavs

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Ah Camberwell, some of my happiest memories from London. We used to do a night at the Funky Munky bar and occasionally the redstar. It's a great place to live, loads of different cultures represented and a fair few nutters for sure. Loads of students too , from the art college and Goldsmiths not too far away, all makes for a lively community.

I never had any problems living in London. The only times I've got into any bother in this country it has been 'up north', in Manchester and Leeds, where I've had people start on me for no reason.

I'd take my chances on a Peckham or hackney estate over one in Salford any day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join