It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spat At In London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Its your opinion that there is no problem and your entitled to that but don't be naïve about a belief that is the heart and sole of Islam to bring Muslim rule to the world.

But you are naive if you don't realise that Muslims are not unique in that endeavor.

What do you think western "Christians" are doing in the Middle East, making sand castles?

But then of course as long as it's your folks that are ruling the world, everything is all warm and fuzzy, and we never inflict violence upon people.

edit on 5/15/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

but don't be naïve about a belief that is the heart and sole of Islam to bring Muslim rule to the world.

thats complete doodoo

lets get real

they are not allowed to spread islam...hence the term sunnah...the islamic "movement" stopped once the prophet died...it was the shia muslim that continued, they followed the branches of the prophets family tree.

they also have a prayer that says..."you have your religion, and i have mine"

i have two points

1) i have an english translation of the quran.... i suggest you take your info from there...and not an ex cia bitter extremist fanatic youve seen via sattelite cave tv..

2) to them during or after an econmic/society breakdown, their religious traditions trump any traditonal or centralised rule, they use it if the "manmade" system crashes

there is no network and wide world plot of islamists....that seems to hae been fabricated to support the war on this terror thing

anyway....

peace
edit on 15-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

You are entitled to your view and interpretation. The fact that you think you know where I get my info and the gall to tell me where I should get my info smells like "shill"

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Its your opinion that there is no problem and your entitled to that but don't be naïve about a belief that is the heart and sole of Islam to bring Muslim rule to the world.

But you are naive if you don't realise that Muslims are not unique in that endeavor.

What do you think western "Christians" are doing in the Middle East, making sand castles?

But then of course as long as it's your folks that are ruling the world, everything is all warm and fuzzy, and we never inflict violence upon people.

edit on 5/15/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)
Your showing your self absorbed ignorance and your obvious hate for Christians by implying I am a religious person that believes in any god or devil.

You imply that two wrongs make what you think right so you spread your hate............your being a little obvious.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I certainly think there is Islamism across the globe spread by very identifiable material online.

It certainly does not represent all 1 billion Muslims, or even a fraction.

Increasingly people are examining it as a cult.

Cults, whether religious or political, or some combination of both, do become territorial and choose the people they tolerate in the in-group area, and the people they reject.
Some people may agree with them to various degrees, or strongly disagree (and those people may also be bullied out eventually).
Once they are given a foothold to police "common decency" they will organize and consolidate power, and become very hard to to stand up to or evict.

Perhaps there's different ways of looking at it, but looking at the German youngsters who were converted to radical Salafi or Islamism within months or even weeks, and left the country to join insurgency groups, there is a definite correlation to mind control cults from the 1970s.
Just back then religious cults destroyed their own members only, and didn't blow other people up.

Currently I'm interested in whether new converts are more vulnerable to the mind-control videos and hate-sermons against the "kuffar" (non-Muslims whom the extremists regard as little more than vermin) than traditional, moderate or nominal Muslims?

New converts to any religion have very little context or knowledge of different interpretations, and I think they are even more vulnerable.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people get involved just to piss their parents off at first, but they're playing a dangerous game.

Some NWO rich guys who run these mind-control cells are laughing all the way to the bank, while some poor, useful idiot is going to sit in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

Yeah, the silly costumes and the chanting and sloganeering, and that big army and the global take-over ...
Bollocks, it's all a conspiracy, just like the false promises on the other side.

So never be ashamed of being spat at by a cult member.
It means you're not one of them, and that could save your life and freedom.

It could have been worse.
They could have been nice and converted you, although they know what easy targets to look for ...
edit on 16-5-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

It would seem you have confirmed what I was unsettled about in your denial of the problem.

It seems you may have comprehension problems?

I clearly acknowledge that we have problems with creeping Islamification, just not to the extent the scaremongerer's would have you believe.
The vast majority of places in the UK have absolutely no problems with Muslim extremists.
There are probably several contributory reason for this not least being the FACT that there simply aren't the numbers for them to pose any sort of threat - at present.

I also clearly stated that I feel this problem needs addressing immediately - but you seem to conveniently miss those points and assume that you know far more about life in the UK than those who actually live here.
Or is it that you prefer to believe the sensationalist testimonies of the those who support your pre-conceived opinions whilst opting to ignore the many first hand accounts that do not?

Its your opinion that there is no problem

Again, incorrect - not only do you ignore what I have posted but you also choose to assume that you know what I believe.

.....and your entitled to that.....

Why thank you - but are you sure of that?

but don't be naïve about a belief that is the heart and sole of Islam to bring Muslim rule to the world.

My 'naive' beliefs about Muslims and Islam aren't just based on reading The Quran, which I have, or on MSM reporting or internet ramblings but also my first hand experiences and interaction with them both in many UK towns and cities and across Western and Eastern Europe.

My point to the OP which seems to have gone way over your head is that no race or creed has a monpoly on arseholes, they come in all shapes and forms.
My other point is that London is NOT representative of England or the UK - their is growing resentment and disillusionment throughout the UK at the London centricism of UK politics / business /society etc.

I have no idea how widely travelled you are, (I know it's a generalisation but Americans are well known for their limited travel, even within their own borders), but I've travelled quite extensively throughout the UK and Europe and have found that whilst people are people and have the same cares and concerns the world over, however, it still pays to be alert at all times especially when alone or in a town / city for the first time - for all it's fault's London is far from being unique in that respect.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Seen all this before; when there is an economiic downturn, people fight amongst themselves.

In this latest iteration you have the religous radicals who believe in Gods/Men with beards and sandals flying etc on the one side and the "I'm not a racist but I dont like Muslims/anyone different to me" crew on the other.

Unfortunately, for the average person who doesnt occupy most of their day in a state of fear and loathing, they are constantly under assault from both sides armed with anecdoatal stories, (mostly internet based- with no documentation or substance) that are filled with rhetorical spin.

The dissemination of propaganda is a fairly well researched topic and the internet is no different.

I ask myself; if this person has had one experience which they feel inclined to report online; usually slipping in the fact the purp is a weird guy in a dress and hat who might be a Musilm/ Generic Western Pig (apply accordingly), how seriously should I take this account?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone

I ask myself; if this person has had one experience which they feel inclined to report online; usually slipping in the fact the purp is a weird guy in a dress and hat who might be a Musilm/ Generic Western Pig (apply accordingly), how seriously should I take this account?

Take it or leave it as you will.

My account is purely anecdotal, obviously. My reasons for reporting it here, and only here, are to gauge the reactions of my fellows ATSers, to see if others have had similar experience, and also to get it off my chest as the experience angered me.

I've never before been on the receiving end of this kind of abuse, which I believe was religiously motivated, and my experience is as valid and worthy of examination as any others. You can see posters coming on here and saying "I bet you have had a few bad encounters with white people. Did you post those too?" which I find interesting, if not dodging the subject or refusing to address the issue. Religious fundamentalism(and I don't care which religion we're talking about) is something that concerns me, and the issue was brought to the fore of my mind after this event. People who live their daily lives in a city like London and who may be familiar with communities where this kind abuse occurs may be dismissive of my story, but to me this was a new thing, and an eye opener.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Did i read right that you are from some part of Ireland? Surely you have seen or experienced violent and agressive acts carried out by religious fundamentalists a few times, or at least had them effect friends or family. This one just had brown skin and a dress... he may just have been the local loony too, there are plenty of them about.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Yeah I'm Irish. But no I've not seen or experienced or seen anything like that. Obviously there are Irish people who live in the North who would have plenty of experience with sectarianism, but in the South it's non existent these days. Either way the subject of sectarianism in Ireland bears only the slightest similarity to the issue of religious fundamentalism.

If the man in my story didn't like me it was because he could see that I was a non-Muslim, he didn't know where I was from, what my religion or creed was, or what kind of person I am.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Spend half an hour highlighting a crazy (possible) Muslim's sectarianism.
Completely ignore over 600 years of widespread, state sponsored sectarianism in ones own country as point of context.

The guy who spat on you probably has more in common with you than you'd think.

You both share an ability to overlook reality (i.e you live in a system where division amongst humans has an attached dollar value) and focus on things that seemingly suit your own selfish agendas.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Welcome to the new England.

In certain areas of Britain or specifically England there are areas that you simply don't go to if you a white person. It's a shame we were stupid enough to allow it to happen, but it has.

The town next to where I live is a Muslim haven and has had 9 shootings in gang related violence this year alone. It isn't that I'm afraid to go there, but I do avoid the more radical and poorer areas.

We have our radicals as well unfortunately and can only apologise if you felt uncomfortable in my country.

Cody

What utter nonsense!

You now claim that Muslim people are responsible for gang related shootings? If you want to use propaganda to get your point across you might want to make sure it actually makes some sense. Gang culture and shootings have nothing to do with religion of any kind, it's a youth culture issue and not a religious/immigration issue in the slightest.

To the OP, I was born in London, I still go back to London numerous times a year to see family and for different events.

I have never experienced anything like this in London, and I would say that this has nothing to do with the religious faith of a group in an area, but more about the random crazy.

Having been to other cities in the UK numerous times, I would say Manchester and Birmingham are far more dangerous and violent - just from a gang culture perspective - than London.

It's amazing to me that so many here are immediately willing to attack and blame Muslims for all kinds of things, when the vast majority of all the crime and violence in this country is committed by non-religious youth of all races and all backgrounds.

If people REALLY want to attack the things that are so bad in this country, they need to attack the chavvy white British women who can't close their legs and just keep breeding idiot children that we all then have to support. We should be attacking the irresponsible men who get them pregnant and then move on to the next idiot woman opening her legs for him too. We should be attacking the youth who think society owes them a lifestyle of luxury, who are too f'ing lazy to get off their behind and actually do a decent days work. We should be attacking the white, racist, homophobic bigot who is too ignorant to understand how his own views are completely backward and make little sense when all the major problems in this country are actually caused by the people who were BORN HERE.

But instead, some idiotic groups of white van driving, Daily Mail reading, UKIP voting, knuckle dragging Neanderthals ignore all the real problems in this country and blame everything on the "Muslim Immigrants!"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Seen all this before; when there is an economiic downturn, people fight amongst themselves.

Indeed, this is what scares me the most.

The economic collapse of Germany led to internal racial/religious/class divide, and the Nazis rose to power on that wave of nationalism and xenophobia.

Prior to that the country was a very modern, open and fair society, probably more-so than England at that time. I am now seeing the same creeping racial and religious hatred growing here, the only difference is that it's the Muslims and not the Jews being made into a target.

Of course, other minorities would follow once a power base is made. The radical Christians would join in to attack gay people, the whole group would attack intellectuals for daring to offer an intelligent opposing argument, the press would be attacked for reporting the truth... and before you know it voting for UKIP has resulted in what we fought in WW2 - the Nazi rule of our country.

Implausible?
If you think so you need to read up on European history.

I once feared that the BNP might one day gain power here, now I fear that UKIP might - backed by the same group of nationalists that support the BNP and EDL.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Despotic authoritarians always rise up during periods of social unrest.

They simply take advantage of the confusion, and desperation, of people to gain power.

Germany, USSR, China, Cuba, N.Korea, Spain, Italy. All had, or have, despotic authoritarian regimes imposed on the people at times of social unrest and upheaval.

edit on 5/17/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

So you think I should just pretend the incident didn't happen?

How do I "completely ignore over 600 years of widespread, state sponsored sectarianism" in my country? What a ludicrous point, and it has zero bearing on this discussion.

Get down off your high horse. I gave you my reasons for posting this thread. You don't think I should post something like this? Well that's tough s**t for you and your self righteous bollocks. Should I censor myself to keep wankers like you happy?

What's my selfish agenda BTW? You know nothing about me, and don't dare presume you do, you twat.

edit on 17-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A star for the fierce.

PS: Don't feed the troll.
edit on 5/17/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

You completely miss the point of this thread. It's not about street violence, it's not even about London or the UK. It's about somebody putting on a show of hatred against another person because of a perceived difference in religious values. Does this happen anywhere else? YES. Are people of various religions engaged in this type of bigotry? YES. Has this ever happened to me before? NO. Just because the a-hole who spat at me was a Muslim we get this ridiculous moral indignation from some posters on here "Oh he must have been crazy" or "Why don't you post a thread about your bad experiences with white people?". If a Catholic priest came up to me and spat at me in Rome, I would post the story on here, and would I get the same reaction from the do-gooders? I seriously doubt it. People would probably laugh.

This thread has been enlightening for me and has served the purpose of me wanting to discuss the incident with open minded people, it also has opened my eyes to the knee jerk reaction some people exhibit when an incident happens to involve a Muslim....lord forbid we say anything bad about Muslims....oh yeah that's right he didn't spit at me, I'm just the victim of all the anti-Muslim propaganda on the dreaded MSM right?.....wrong.

edit on 17-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
YA people dont realize that London can be a very dangerous city, not saying you didnt realize that. Ive been there many times and have found myself walking through some very bad parts, by just taking the wrong street, and ending up in the wrong neighborhood, This is typicall in big cities, with minorites in small communities within the city, they look at other nationallties as if they have just crossed some imaginary line, that shoudlnt of been crossed. London is a nice city to sightsee, but if you stray, you gotta really watch your back

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You're up against the wall of political correctness gone mad. The indignant could care less about what happened to you. All they see is that you complained about a minority and that's all it takes for them to smell blood.

I'm waiting for a genie and three wishes. One power I will ask for is to say a word and have the politically correct drop dead. The world would be such a pleasant place without them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

That would be nice. I'd say about 60% of the population in my country would expire if your wish came through. I would propose a different planet for the PC minded, let them go about 'not offending' each other on another world and leave this one to the rationalists. What a planet that would be(PC planet) Jeezus, but hey it's nearly like that here and now already.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join