It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophets of ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That being said .. people come on here pushing their own religions.
They do so even though it is against the rules here.

After reading your post, I looked up T&C, what I found was:

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*,

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.
Terms and Conditions of Use

underlining mine. "You will not Post material belonging to another person without providing proper attribution."

From what I've seen: There are members who simply repeat the official doctrines of a particular religious cult or sect, without adding any original idea They pretend that they are just some person who has certain views. By not posting a link to the official webpage of their cult or sect, they are failing to attribute the views properly.

This is usually considered to be plagiarism (of the idea, rather than the exact wording) from a scholarly point of view It would take a court case to rule upon the legality or civil damages. Since this is not for profit writing, no court cases will arise.

The kicker is this: The cults and sects may actually encourage their members to behave in this way.
edit on 14-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Jesus gave us the tradition of the offering of His Body and Blood.

He said to "do this in memory of Me".

That is why God has let the Church stand, because they make saints.

Some Christians believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus. Some don't.

There was a time when I said of the non-believers, "Then you are no Christian". I repent now.

Jesus gave his body and blood. Perhaps those people who eat and drink and remember yet doubt know more about the body of Christ which remains with us, than do those who consider themselves to be the body of Christ.

edit on 14-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

the Catholic Church has corrupted it

You might benefit from sharing the body and blood with others for a time, before making hasty conclusions.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I know very well how and when Catholics take part in their ritual.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Sorry, but I think you are confusing debates, heated arguments and confrontations as hate. I don't hate anyone. People argue. That's all. When I enter a thread I give my opinion with examples. Most of the time, it is the religious that are intolerant and feel defensive when confronted with a rational point of view. They are the ones that personally attack almost everyone with an opposing view. But, I still don't hate them.

You want advice on how to be good? How about, don't be bad? lol It's not that hard and we don't need religions for this. What we need more than anything is to learn the art of cooperation in this world. Religions are the worst at this. It's their way or the highway. So, to them I say, don't be bad.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No I do not think that the Church can corrupt it. they can only corrupt themselves.

The pharisees, prostitutes, and even Judas tried corrupting Jesus but the could not.

Jesus gave His Body and Blood even to Judas, but he sinned with the taste of the Passover Lamb still in his mouth.
He corrupted his own soul.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No, what I was trying to say has more to do with the spirit of the spiritual person. Not the atheist or even a devil's advocate.

It is those who single out an individual or group and pick on them, judging what they do not understand.

If I called you a loser, I would be judging you and rejecting you which I do not want to do. You are a much more precious being than I can even understand, and I would transgress the law of Love by considering you less than myself.

God loves me no more than He loves you.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Well I see a bit of confusion in your post that I would answer by saying this. "God is the rock, but the rock is not God".

Look at some of my earlier posts.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

No need man.

I like your sense of humor, but do you like laughing yourself into debt?

It is easy for a smart man to be witty, but it takes integrity to practice virtue.
edit on 093131p://222 by backcase because: wrong punctuation

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by vethumanbeing

No need man.

I like your sense of humor, but do you like laughing yourself into debt?
It is easy for a smart man to be witty, but it takes integrity to practice virtue.

Depts imply I owe something to someone, and Ive never known "humor, irony, or satire" as being one that would land you in Marshsea prison (Oscar Wildes Ghost still there serving time for Dickens). The smart man has no time for wittisisms, as is busy doing something more practical for itself and family. The Practice of Virtue has nothing to do with integrity; as a Panda Bear is virtuous in its perfect unspoiled nature. To PRACTICE Virtue implies you must manufacture the APPEARANCE of it, and with/IF SO that is the intent, INTEGRITY flys out of the window.

edit on 14-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not going to love my neighbor if they are trying to swindle me out of what I have worked hard to earn. Those cons can go bug someone else. I am not going to turn the other cheek when I know I am in the right, I will take appropriate action. Most times that means calling the cops or using rational and appropriate means.

I'm not a false prophet, I am not a prophet at all. I am a person who hates lies and deceit. I do not like the laws and rules created by the deceivers to protect their ways either.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you aware that the difference between christianity and Islam is like the difference between night and day? Muhammad advocates violence, Jesus advocates peace.

However, there is a difference between the religion of Jesus and the religion of Catholicism/Protestantism.

Do you do anything else besides point fingers? I suppose you never read this part:

Jesus Forbids Sectarianism

49 Now John answered and said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us.”

50 But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side.”

Let the Lord deal with the tares, now you shoo!

edit on 14-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Yes, the material past of the religion.

But in the church which I belong, the priest is kind and the church community is like a family, it is a catholic church.

I feel like people judge too quickly when they say that the Catholics are bad because we have a very close spiritual communion.

The word became flesh. To partake in the body of Christ is to acknowledge his message. To love one another. The blood is the spirit. We drink the blood symbolizes the unity of our spirit with his.

Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit. The spirit of love. Do you keep company with the spirit of love and give thanks for the blessings poured out on you through the spirit?

We are parting in the body and blood of Christ right now. We discuss the word and we feel the presence of love amongst us. Whenever two come together in the name of love, the spirit of love is there.

The act of breaking bread and drinking wine is a tradition that demonstrates your faith in the spirit of love. And the transforming ability of the spirit to turn a man's heart towards God.

Anything done as a prerequisite to salvation is done in fear. Partaking in the bread and blood is supposed to be done in love, because God unconditionally loves us. This was Jesus promise to all men.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No I do not think that the Church can corrupt it. they can only corrupt themselves.

The pharisees, prostitutes, and even Judas tried corrupting Jesus but the could not.

Jesus gave His Body and Blood even to Judas, but he sinned with the taste of the Passover Lamb still in his mouth.

Teaching that bread and wine becomes actual body and blood... is corruption. Changing it from Passover to other days is also corruption

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think you would have responded to Paul the same way when he taught against Gnosticism.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

Teaching that bread and wine becomes actual body and blood... is corruption. Changing it from Passover to other days is also corruption

But it never does change to actual blood and flesh. The Catholics get their crackers from the same warehouses that non-Catholic Christians get their's from. The wine is from the same wine bottles.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
But it never does change to actual blood and flesh.

Amen Amen I say to you that unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man you do not have eternal life within you. - Jesus words were pretty clear.

Why is it that fundamentalists take the bible literally for everything except this?

I've seen a eucharistic miracle up close and personal.
The one in Betania Venezuela. It happens.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
But it never does change to actual blood and flesh.

Amen Amen I say to you that unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man you do not have eternal life within you. - Jesus words were pretty clear.

Why is it that fundamentalists take the bible literally for everything except this?

I've seen a eucharistic miracle up close and personal.
The one in Betania Venezuela. It happens.

Fundamentalists do not claim that there aren't figures of speech in the Bible. In fact, over 200 literary devices are used. A literal interpretation isn't a rejection that similies, metaphors, parables and the like are employed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join