It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophets of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you aware that the difference between christianity and Islam is like the difference between night and day? Muhammad advocates violence, Jesus advocates peace.

However, there is a difference between the religion of Jesus and the religion of Catholicism/Protestantism.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

However, there is a difference between the religion of Jesus and the religion of Catholicism/Protestantism.

Catholicism and Protestantism are not synonymous.
edit on 053131p://222 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Originally posted by truejew

Catholicism and Protestantism are not synonymous.
edit on 053131p://222 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Protestants are daughters of Catholics.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

they broke off from Catholics but they have few similarities

www.religionfacts.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

they broke off from Catholics but they have few similarities

www.religionfacts.com...

They are Rome's daughters. Both are descendants of the whore of Babylon.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Eh... foolish argument I am getting into.

I will stick to judging only what is necessary for me to judge.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Good response. There are some verses that can accompany this.

Gospel of Philip:

"When the pearl is cast down into the mud, it becomes greatly despised, nor if it is anointed with balsam oil will it become more precious. But it always has value in the eyes of its owner. Compare the Sons of God: wherever they may be, they still have value in the eyes of their Father."

Revelation 3:21

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Revelation 5:9-10: . . . You . . . have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

God hid the pearl within the heart of man.

The kings are those who have God in their hearts. The kings are saints.

Sound right?

Edit:

I would also add that the kings hearts are unsearchable because they are in the light, and you do not search for something which is clearly shone.
edit on 103131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Eh... foolish argument I am getting into.

I will stick to judging only what is necessary for me to judge.

It is difficult and foolish for you to argue against the truth any way.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Are you aware that the difference between christianity and Islam is like the difference between night and day? Muhammad advocates violence, Jesus advocates peace..

I'm fully aware of that.
You missed the point I was making about how religion divides people.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying.
You'll have to rephrase.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No, it is stupid to argue when it is unprofitable to the Spirit.

Even if what I say about was the truth it would be pointless. I am not out to prove myself right, nothing good usually comes from that.
edit on 083131p://222 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No, it is stupid to argue when it is unprofitable to the Spirit.

Even if what I say about was the truth it would be pointless. I am not out to prove myself right, nothing good usually comes from that.
edit on 083131p://222 by backcase because: (no reason given)

I fail to see what profit it provides for a man's spirit to support a religion of war.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is true and the reason why new churches spring up on every turn because they don't want to share and so they create another church to satisfy this need for being in power and have people envy them.

John 13:1-17
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Washes His Disciples’ Feet

13 It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

9 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”

10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Not only that they don't follow this example, they become proud and you know who else had pride and it's this that makes a person crumble.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

There are good and bad men in each religion, country, and city.

To separate and define men in the groups that they belong based on stereotypes is prejudice.

I have brothers in each religion because I am a brother of good will. The true religion is that of virtue, and it hurts me when people do not see that, because the outside is all that is important to them.

Have you not see that the world is a carcass yet? why live according to it when you can live according to the Spirit?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Prophets are teachers. They receive visions or dreams from time to time, but a prophet's main function 99% of the time is teaching.
You are a good example of how the posters saying that no one is on here claiming to be prophets are wrong. You do, and not only just that but that you have been officially declared a prophet by the elders of your church.
If what you say about teaching is true, you might want to do that on a site reserved for people who want to be indoctrinated into ignorant ideas of fundamentalism, and Dispensationalism, rather than on a site dedicated to denying ignorance.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I do not speak of individual men, but of the spirit of such religions.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yes, the material past of the religion.

But in the church which I belong, the priest is kind and the church community is like a family, it is a catholic church.

I feel like people judge too quickly when they say that the Catholics are bad because we have a very close spiritual communion.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

No one is good or bad. We make good and bad choices. Religion is just one of those. If you go to church to find love you will find a church where there is love.

Jew is right though Protestants and Catholics share two common ancestors. Neither have bases in Christ. The first they both believe in Original sin. Sin is anti-christ. Believing that we are condemned to be nothing more than sinners. Jesus says love can free us from sin, so that we sin no more. We don't have to sin but this is one of the foundations at church.

The second is a little more involved and you may not agree.

They are both run by men who thought they could turn stones into bread. How can a man profit from the words of God? Do we really need someone to read it to us or for us?

Most people give tithe for self gain, this does nothing for the heart. You would be better off taking your money to the orphanage or retirement home. There love would be the return on your investment. If you really need to pay someone to tell you to love one another you can send your money to me. I will redistribute it to my favorite charities and keep nothing for myself.

Jesus said sell all you own and follow me. Never once did he say build a big church in my name. It wasn't even God's idea to have a temple/church. He conceded and let a temple be built for him, noting that God does not dwell in temples built by man. He agreed to give them a place of worship until a better truth could be understood.

The place to worship is where you are. The time is every moment of your life. The idea love.
Everywhere you go be a disciple of love. Love is in you, pursue it until you become at one with it. You don't need me to do a book review on the same book each week to understand.

If you pursue love you will find love. You can search the scripture all you want and create whatever religion you would like. But the truth is always love, anything else is religion. I have no need for religion, I would prefer to put all my effort into love.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I get what you mean,

but Jesus gave us the tradition of the offering of His Body and Blood.

He said to "do this in memory of Me".

That is why God has let the Church stand, because they make saints.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

I get what you mean,

but Jesus gave us the tradition of the offering of His Body and Blood.

He said to "do this in memory of Me".

That is why God has let the Church stand, because they make saints.

Although, the Catholic Church has corrupted it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join