The False Prophets of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
we run into a bit of a problem when one wants to teach a message that others refuse to hear,

we run into a bit of a problem when one wants to teach a message.
ATS isn't for doing that. It's in the T&C.

But I admit it's kinda fun when people try to push their religion .. whatever it is.
The religions are easily pulled apart and squashed with some common sense and
just a little bit of brain power.

Easy pickings.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

deal with the faults of others
as gently as you do your own.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yah... that jehovah's witness guy gets ripped up regularily around here.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well, and he should. The JWs are listed as o e of the major cults in existence. Just as anyone who would be a member of the Westboro Baptist Church should be likewise ripped. If not for saving that particular person from a cult, which generally entails professional deprogramming, but to show and keep others from hearing and going along with their particular propaganda.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Teach me how to be good!

Do the opposite of what we say is wrong, not hard.

Inspire in me passion to love God and my neighbor!

That's why the Gospels were written, read them.

Open yourself to me so that I may learn from you!

Open your "ears" so that you can hear. Learning doesn't come without you opening your own mind first.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Are you aware that the difference between christianity and Islam is like the difference between night and day? Muhammad advocates violence, Jesus advocates peace.

And the scripture you quoted about Jesus bringing a sword, that wasn't meant literally. He was referring to the division he was going to cause prophecied of in Zechariah 11:14.

Trying to compare Islam against christianity is like comparing apples to bananas.

I get what you're saying about religion causing a division, but there is a good way to divide and there's an evil way, and decapitating someone for being different is the wrong way, and so is mutilating someone by cutting off their hands and feet because they were poor and hungry and stole a loaf of bread.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite."

Ptah Hotep, 5th Dynasty Egypt

Like any good slave to truth will tell you, the emerald is hidden inside the pegmatite. The words you are looking for will be hidden among the rubble. Occasionally, you can find a vein of pure gold.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What I mean is to write more productive information a more kind way. Give me a reason to take you seriously by taking about more than what is wrong.

Why would I take positive steps which are supported only by a negative person.
A good tree does not produce bad fruit and vice versa.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

By saying that, do you mean that the Spirit is behind the thought?

Hopefully you will understand what I mean by the way that I said that.

Maybe something like the being image veiled by the letter?

Would either of those be another way to say what you said?

I'm confused..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I am a fan of your threads and appalled by your faith. You do not make any threads in a manner of hatred or negativity, but I only see pure faith in your words.
edit on 083131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

By saying that, do you mean that the Spirit is behind the thought?

Hopefully you will understand what I mean by the way that I said that.

Maybe something like the being image veiled by the letter?

Would either of those be another way to say what you said?

I'm confused..

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
3 As the heavens are high and the earth is deep,
so the hearts of kings are unsearchable.

Where did the God hide the pearl and who are the kings?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming to be a prophet

OH HON .. stick around ... they come and go .... you'll see!

That being said .. people come on here pushing their own religions.
They do so even though it is against the rules here.
They do it trying to be sneaky .. 'asking questions' of people of other faiths ... etc etc.
So they can get around the T&C of the site.
But those tactics are easily seen through.

Speak for yourself some of us have an axe to grind, dulling it into a nerf mallet, never hurts just bounces off. There is specific Dogma here at times but it can always be leashed, subdued or outsmarted. I particularly like the "Atheists Come Hither you lambs" (trying to in the most obvious way to identify those of some ILK). Who cares really, its just gamesmanship funsterism (YOU are sneaky and your tactics will be seen through by T&C AS THEY WOULD NEVER ADMIT THEMSELVES as false prophets).
edit on 13-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

God hid the pearl within the heart of man.

The kings are those who have God in their hearts. The kings are saints.

Sound right?

Edit:

I would also add that the kings hearts are unsearchable because they are in the light, and you do not search for something which is clearly shone.
edit on 103131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, and he should. The JWs are listed as o e of the major cults in existence. Just as anyone who would be a member of the Westboro Baptist Church should be likewise ripped. If not for saving that particular person from a cult, which generally entails professional deprogramming, but to show and keep others from hearing and going along with their particular propaganda.

Ah i wouldn't even call WBBC a cult, that's an insult to cults all over the world. Naw what the Phelp's are, is a bunch of thieving, coniving jackals who boycott soldiers funeral's and gay pride parades and like mouthing off to people in hopes someone will lose their crap and come over and punch them in the face, just so they can sue for money. I seriously doubt if Jesus were here in the flesh right now he'd be at either place holding a picket sign in hopes he could sue...i mean screw someone out of house and home.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am claiming to be a prophet because I am a prophet. I am a man teaching others to love one another. And I predict if you pursue love you find love. I predict if everyone would just stop for a moment to pursue love, we could have world peace.

God is love and I am here to spread the good news. Call me what you want, A prophet, a teacher, an Apostle, it doesn't matter what you call me or think about me. All that matters is that you hear, understand, and put to action the things I teach.

Pursue love and you find love. This is the truth. The bible says if even one of my predictions doesn't come true than you should not believe I am who I say I am. What am I saying? Love is the path to world peace. If you pursue love you will find it. I know I'm not really going out on a limb but I am a disciple of Christ so I teach what he taught.

According to the bible that makes me a prophet. Of course that would also make Martin Luther King, Gandhi and others prophets as well, since they too taught the world to love one another.

According to me, I am a just a man undeserving of the great love that the father has poured out on me. But none the less I am blessed because love has made its home with me. Never again will I hunger, never again will I thirst. Because the spirit of love is alive in me and provides me all that I need.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

And why do you feel unworthy of love? You need to get rid of that mind set, you are totally worthy of the love you have given/received. Don't think of yourself as unworthy because that leads to self-doubt. Doubting yourself is not healthy. Other than that I agree with you.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

And why do you feel unworthy of love? You need to get rid of that mind set, you are totally worthy of the love you have given/received. Don't think of yourself as unworthy because that leads to self-doubt. Doubting yourself is not healthy. Other than that I agree with you.

There are two sides. One part that recongnizes that if I have recieved I have been deemed worthy. The other part recognizes that I could never earn the gift so it keeps me humble in my pursuit to love others more perfectly.

I always imagine I would be just like you if I was born you. So I might as well just love you. This is the one concept that helps me most to avoid passing judgement on others.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

We are the same. Imagine we are standing next to one another looking at a painting, we are in the same place at that moment. Imagine the painting from my perspective then your perspective, that is where we are one.

You are worthy of the love, otherwise you wouldn't have received it.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Bravo! Some of us do try to bring that integrity to this site. It may not always be what you want to hear especially from me. But know that there is a reason it was written. You may find out it was what you wanted all along.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming to be a prophet

OH HON .. stick around ... they come and go .... you'll see!

Is that a prophecy?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join